Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

So what you're saying is that in a way you were both right, and therefore both wrong, and I should just ban everyone?

We get it. We know your a mod. No need to wag your dick around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Decrepus posted:

Hey reddit archive this

/´¯/)
/¯/
//
/´¯/''/´¯¯`·¸
/'////¨¯\
('(´´ ¯~/'')
\'/
''\ _.·´
\(
\\

e: gently caress
Still miles above SC Reddit standards. :20bux:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Hey h ey hey

I'm a mod

Quit shipoating or else okay?!

But that's how goon dreams are made. Beet don't deny goons a better chance to shitpost and slapfight that is a cruel mishandling of the average goon.

Won't someone think of the manchildren?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

hey something awful, eventually put this in your poorly working archives :fuckthis:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lladre posted:

We get it. We know your a mod. No need to wag your dick around.

lmao come on now. not all of us are as brave as SurfaceDetail.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

loving lol. SM was in there and was playable, but not to every evocati tester. You don't have it nor have access to it, so you wouldn't know. I don't blame you otherwise.

And this is why, IIRC, Derek's Toxx was more or less refused: It's so hard to tell who is correct.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I just want them to release it. Because this can gently caress them hard. Most people dont have enough context to know if a space game is good and what are essential simple elements.

Everyone has played a million fpses and has a good idea of what to reasonably expect. Some will see right into the shoddiness of it and get woke.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
This guy is gone forever though

quote:

Dude...I made about my whole org join up...some of them tried to play with us, but had problems. Server, own PC being to old, Server again, disconnects, pad full, disconnects...

...playing with more then 3 is really hard...and we made it to 5 one evening.

Of course my friends complain about what I made them join...."this BS is what you keep talking about?"

The thing is, its open development...nothing you can do exept smile and say "one day you'll thank me".

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fat Shat Sings posted:

when i said the thread needed 60,000 posts about a worthless semantics argument that literally nobody could give a gently caress about i was being sarcastic

Now we know who to blame for this. You and your bad voodoo you do. :devil:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

D_Smart posted:

Go look see half the crap that's in 3.x and you tell me how confident you are that it's going to be completed in 2017, just in time for 4.0 to roll out.

It doesn't matter what they say will be, or not be, in a patch. They'll just release what they have ready (at least their definition of "ready") and that'll be 3.x. Promise kept. The very few times they've hit dates that's how they've done it. Trim the features they failed to include and release what they have. So far, as cynical as that is, and as transparent as it is, it's worked to keep the cash flowing in.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Decrepus posted:

Hey reddit archive this

/´¯/)
/¯/
//
/´¯/''/´¯¯`·¸
/'////¨¯\
('(´´ ¯~/'')
\'/
''\ _.·´
\(
\\

e: gently caress

Archive whatever the gently caress this thing is at least twice!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheLightPurges posted:

This guy is gone forever though

Yes. Suffering is indeed the only option. Taking a step back and assessing the situation, and figuring that, hey, maybe they're right is the way of D Smart. And D stands for TEH DEVIL!! Salvation will surely come some day.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/805926694330703876

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

lol drumpf

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
https://youtu.be/x2RJN9a_jdM

:3:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

this is unbelievable. is cymelion a chatbot?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
in 40 years of gaming I've heard all of these excuses for why your awesome game turns out suck

1. its the developers first game, give them a break
2. they were rushed out because of an evil publisher
3. the players don't understand the vision
4. it'll be a lot more fun at release
5. alpha/beta will be nothing like the released game
6. they'll get it all working in a patch
7. think of how hard they worked
8. you don't know how to play the game, its fun if you play it right
9. they never promised feature x would be in at launch
10. chris roberts

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheAgent posted:

in 4 years of following SC I've heard all of these excuses for why your awesome game turns out suck

1. its the developers first game, give them a break
2. they were rushed out because of an evil publisher
3. the players don't understand the vision
4. it'll be a lot more fun at release
5. alpha/beta will be nothing like the released game
6. they'll get it all working in a patch
7. think of how hard they worked
8. you don't know how to play the game, its fun if you play it right
9. they never promised feature x would be in at launch
10. chris roberts

FTFY

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free
tane

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Overwatch is also a good game

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5gpv6h/everyone_is_excited_for_the_new_ships_and_im_here/dau53rg/

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fat Shat Sings posted:

i am become Marching Powder, Melter of Downs.

that's pretty good

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

gently caress, what video did this come from? I've been trying to find it off and on for awhile.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Toast, I had not been paying attention to this lovely thread for a bit and noticed that you got challenged to a toxx and of course you then went and squirreled away. Toast, my man of many anuses, what happened to all that bluster and self-confidence you had acquired due to CIG releasing a 10-year old half-assed FPS to a select group of bootlickers? I mean, even CIG should be able to develop one of those in an FPS engine so I do believe you when you say it's there. I truly do.

Take the toxx man, it's only 10 dollars (that's nothing to a man of your means) and, since you're going to move the goalposts to Mars anyways, it's guaranteed you'll be proven right. That's why some unsavory people call you an invertebrate, you need to grow a backbone.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Take the :toxx: Toast.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Deki posted:

gently caress, what video did this come from? I've been trying to find it off and on for awhile.

Bootcha's notacult.avi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

That was 3-4 threads ago? Bootcha was becoming disillusion with the project and this came out of nowhere perfectly capturing
the total insanity of that moment I think around the escapist article. It is good and he should feel good and I'm glad he got his money back (w/o interest lol)

What the gently caress is this poo poo any more...

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

This post has renewed my faith in the never ending community drama. Good to know that many citizens are bottling it up, and I can count on CIG to squander the good will that this latest bit of 'transparency' has generated.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Just checking in.

Is Star Marine better than TF2 yet?

I was a good spy in TF2. Is there a spy class in Star Marine? I want to pledge to buy a Starter Star Marine package, but need to know if there is a spy class.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mr Fronts posted:

Just checking in.

Is Star Marine better than TF2 yet?

I was a good spy in TF2. Is there a spy class in Star Marine? I want to pledge to buy a Starter Star Marine package, but need to know if there is a spy class.

There is, but you'll need to find it first.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I decided to just bookend your post with FYAD posts, rather than float it on a sea of them.

What's wrong with those posts?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Hey Moma, thanks for being entirely predictable and disappearing.

ManofManyAliases posted:

An artist or "design" staff is not high profile.

I'm sure Derek will tweet something later about the SQ42 Senior Programmer departure, so you can jump back into the thread then to say "not high profile" :smuggo:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

hell, same

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go1oFvxUoeI

Happy 1 Year Anniversay, Sarsapariller :3:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go1oFvxUoeI

Happy 1 Year Anniversay, Sarsapariller :3:

:toot:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5grftr/any_other_young_dads_stoked_to_multicrew_with/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Honestly calling your kid Maverick is genius because you'll never feel awful getting cross at them while you're making Top Gun quotes.