Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z8wkEFzhWc

we did it, reddit

e: fixed video

Daztek fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AP posted:

Hey Moma, thanks for being entirely predictable and disappearing.

I'm sure Derek will tweet something later about the SQ42 Senior Programmer departure, so you can jump back into the thread then to say "not high profile" :smuggo:

Take the toxx, MoMA

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just discovered I missed the sale because I wasn't really playing it.

Would have bought a Reclaimer. I consoled myself by buying a Cutlass. :)

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Dec 6, 2016

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A21wxZKiao8

If you meet me online by Grubs Tavern I will show you where the treasure is hidden.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

I'm the complete lack of anything resembling physics or mass in relation to the ships.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Moma, want to try for a bonus round?

I say someone in the image above recently left CIG.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm the completely simulated physics of the ship engines.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

AP posted:

I know where I would put my money on.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

AP posted:

Community Subscribers?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

Community Subscribers?

We have a winner

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSPd2PXAW6k&t=913s

It's me, the fun game.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Mental. Illness.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Raskolnikov posted:

Mental. Illness.

Yes. How can I be of assistance.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

In a nice touch as we approach Christmas - this Shitizen is hopeful Croberts will be able to create an authentic Alpine feel for his immersion...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5glb6c/dear_cig_please_do_snow_right/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

Is it the ugly guy?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Is it the ugly guy?

So that means Alexis is safe from your guess then.....

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

LMAO literally just took a pic of that to post here

gotta get those gunners trained from a young age :pilot:

oh, and be your space janitors

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Dec 6, 2016

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

ripptide posted:

So that means Alexis is safe from your guess then.....

Hey, dont be mean to Money

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Kakarot posted:

Hey, dont be mean to Money

It's not money.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

They are already playing the gamedream.

This explains so much.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have been completely out of the loop with this game. Wasn't Squadron 42 promised to be released before the end of the year? Especially by the diehard defenders who said it was all but guaranteed?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

I have been completely out of the loop with this game. Wasn't Squadron 42 promised to be released before the end of the year? Especially by the diehard defenders who said it was all but guaranteed?

It's been released and it's great, evocati testers are doing missions and having a great time right now, I'm sure they'd tell us all about it but there's a strict NDA to prevent spoilers. If you're in the evocati tester group and it's not working for you, that's because only some evocati users have it (obviously).

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yes, but then they failed to even show anything from it during their CitizenCon in November (although they promised to show something, and allegedly they were preparing something).
They did show powerpoint slides that revealed that they have about nothing actually done for it and everything is pending.

Now, it is TBD (and people assume it's going to be next year, but only the prelude, because apparently, gently caress, this garbage that is still unsure to be made, (let alone be successful) has already planned DLC and episodes and sequels.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sir, you got the wrong thread, sorry. We only scream at the videogame here.

Downvote and move on.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
I can't understand the level of cognitive dissonance required for Shitizens to look at what is currently playable of Star Marine (an FPS game) and think that Squadron 42 (an FPS game) can be anywhere near complete, as CIG claim.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

GazChap posted:

I can't understand the level of cognitive dissonance required for Shitizens to look at what is currently playable of Star Marine (an FPS game) and think that Squadron 42 (an FPS game) can be anywhere near complete, as CIG claim.

Considering there are literally people arguing on reddit that the November 2014 release date wasn't actually a release date (or a date at all), since it didn't say which day they were going to release it...
Yeah, I get it

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

GazChap posted:

I thought sq42 was going to be mainly a space game? Inasmuch as its going to be a game at all and not a 10 hour Firing My Agent reel.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Is it the dude standing in the back whose facial expressions says:
God drat you bunch of disgusting manchildren, I am so glad I am out soon you pathetic losers. Not you Money, you are kinda ok, but the others are filthy scammers."?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I hear CiG uses the worst kind of electricity.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Toast finally get paralegaled for the TOS?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Hopper posted:

Is it the dude standing in the back whose facial expressions says:
God drat you bunch of disgusting manchildren, I am so glad I am out soon you pathetic losers. Not you Money, you are kinda ok, but the others are filthy scammers."?

that's my guess as well by process of elimination. i know that the others don't actually do any work that will look bad on their cv when cig collapses. ben and the hobo don't even have careers in any particular field to begin with

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

GazChap posted:

There is a secret build where everything works.

They are also building 3.0 totally separated from 2.6 because magic.

It will all come together like everybody expects due to incredible and genius planning and resource management. The pieces will cling together like Lego bricks and function as both Sq42 and Star Citizen both come to life under the watchful gaze of Chris "Cokeman" Roberts.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Two minutes, twenty-nine seconds of video and about 80 frames. I realize some parts are sped up, but Jesus Christ that was hard to watch.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

See, my son, see, my daughter, one day you will have to provide healthcare or desing products for those who where raised by backers, while they complain they have no jobs and its the government fault.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Titanic posted:

There is a secret build where everything works.

They are also building 3.0 totally separated from 2.6 because magic.

It will all come together like everybody expects due to incredible and genius planning and resource management. The pieces will cling together like Lego bricks and function as both Sq42 and Star Citizen both come to life under the watchful gaze of Chris "Cokeman" Roberts.

This is unironically not only what the backers think, but what Chris Roberts himself thinks. In Chris Roberts' version of reality, "Zoom! Enhance!" is a thing. If something is visible, no matter how bad it is, you can "fix" it over time, making the lovely thing good, and making the broken thing function. It's just a matter of throwing enough money at the problem.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

AP posted:

Thomas Hennessy at the back, he left CIG sometime in October

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Agreed. I think what's the issue for me is that there are people out there theory-crafting this whole thing away, as if I don't have better things to do with my time but to make stuff up - and blatantly lie - for the hell of it.

As they say, the worse thing for those people is not that croberts was wrong; it's that dsmart was right - about anything.

Just this past Oct, I wrote a lengthy blog explaining why it's absolutely ludicrous for anyone to believe croberts when he said that 3.0 was out this year - and hopefully before Dec 16th; when (according to my sources), he knew full well that it simply wasn't true. He just lied.

Now, even looking at the Powerpoints he put up for 2.6 to 4.0, it's clear that this isn't an issue of "missed schedules", but just utter nonsense. Just like all the times before that. Heck, look how many time they've shifted the 2.6 schedule they posted. Sure developments slip, but the effect is that they may as well not have even released it because they're doing the same (missing dates) thing anyway.

And based on those lies, he raised almost $15 million dollars from backers who trusted that he was actually telling the truth.

Here we are on Dec 5th, with a Dec 8th date for 2.6 going to the PU, and aside from the fact that it's buggy as hell, they will try to push it out regardless because there is a holiday sale coming up.

And just like that, everyone has seemingly forgotten that 3.0 was due out in Dec. But here we are arguing about SM (which is worse than any CryEngine mod btw) being in 2.6.

And judging by the fact that they want to release SQ42 in the first half of 2017; it stands to reason that as buggy as 2.6 currently is, not to mention all the lingering 2.5x bugs they have yet to fix, 3.0 is going to be a mid to late 2017 release, thus pushing 4.0 into 2018 - if they survive that long. In fact, I would even say that 3.0-3.3 won't even make it until sometime in Q4/17. Go look see half the crap that's in 3.x and you tell me how confident you are that it's going to be completed in 2017, just in time for 4.0 to roll out.

So this argument about SM is just a foolish distraction. The end result when it's released is that CIG - after receiving over $137 million dollars - somehow managed to release a crappy fps CryEngine mod that's hardly playable, let alone worthy of note.

It's all lies.

Derek, you delusional old man you: SM WAS in the build. I watched it with mine own eyes, dearest. I watched as my friend played it against 15 others, leaning around corners (because, 'lo and behold: they instituted cover mechanics). I also watched it as they released an FPS ONLY BUILD to further enhance the testing.

I also watched this:

...which is the latest build to hit evocati. But you know this right? You know all of this because of your seventy-billion evocati accounts, correct?

GTFO delusional-Derek.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

It looks loving stupid :lol:

What possible purpose does that catwalk serve that chops the available vertical storage in half? When you look at it from the outside the entire thing looks stupid in every way with relation to ship size vs cargo payload. Don't even get me started on the detachable cockpit/module thing.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Hey Moma, thanks for being entirely predictable and disappearing.

I'm sure Derek will tweet something later about the SQ42 Senior Programmer departure, so you can jump back into the thread then to say "not high profile" :smuggo:

"WHOA GUYS - 1 person in 300+ is leaving! Sky is falling!"

You're going tooooo fast on Derek's Delusional Train. Better slow it down a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

...which is the latest build to hit evocati. But you know this right? You know all of this because of your seventy-billion evocati accounts, correct?

GTFO delusional-Derek.

Still more angered by some guy on the internet with an opinion rather than the fact that it's taken them 130+ million and five years to almost make an fps shooter in a basic fps tailored engine.