Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek, you delusional old man you: SM WAS in the build. I watched it with mine own eyes, dearest. I watched as my friend played it against 15 others, leaning around corners (because, 'lo and behold: they instituted cover mechanics). I also watched it as they released an FPS ONLY BUILD to further enhance the testing.

I also watched this:

...which is the latest build to hit evocati. But you know this right? You know all of this because of your seventy-billion evocati accounts, correct?

GTFO delusional-Derek.

Reported for leaking NDA smegma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Propagandist posted:

MoMA's got a tease toxx, Derek never sleeps at night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgUHXFVNCjU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

:shrug:

e: didn't mean to doxx the dog :3:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 6, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/5gs46b/derek_smart_on_twitterkyrtfurey_theyve_just_lost/

:raise:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

"WHOA GUYS - 1 person in 300+ is leaving! Sky is falling!"

You're going tooooo fast on Derek's Delusional Train. Better slow it down a bit.

:allears:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/806048699692548096

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

So whether I'm right or wrong, is patently immaterial.

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

You're going tooooo fast on Derek's Delusional Train. Better slow it down a bit.

Also, could you ask Jared where the comm-link is, thanks

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

MoMA owns you all once again

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
posting on page 42

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It seems like smug MoMA has been replaced by angry MoMA...

I liked smug MoMA better TBH.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

It seems like smug MoMA has been replaced by angry MoMA...

I liked smug MoMA better TBH.

It's never fun when friends and colleagues leave your company :(

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
drat it

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

At least 20 posts to go, friend

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
i'm sure star marine is awesome, can't wait for wtfosaurus to play it non stop with 15 other professional star marine players

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

:gary:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
PTU hits this Friday!!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

PTU hits this Friday!!

I'll wait for MoMA to confirm :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Of all the dumb, ridiculous CIG things Derek could choose to question :rolleyes:

I mean even if it's true it's doesn't matter. The question isn't whether CIG are able to construct a 8v8 fps game, the question is whether they can make any part of it enjoyable after working on it for years and touting it as "as good as anything out there"

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
MoMA, what is an "evocatti?" This sounds like a delicious Italian bread I dip in some kind of wine sauce.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
does anyone know if squadron 42 will have an alpha / beta phase for backers?

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Nicholas posted:

does anyone know if squadron 42 will have an alpha / beta phase for backers?

Currently the plan is to go straight to release with sq42. It will be the first thing they put out that isn't WIP, meaning it will be subject to critical review. Should be interesting. :)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's a shame I actually have work to do today and can't just follow him around spamming links to /r/starcitizen_leaks and making him angrier.

E: leaks, not refunds.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

PTU hits this Friday!!

Highly doubtful. Still a lot of bugs in the flight model and a larger bug currently crashing GPUs. I don't see it for Friday.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol what flight model?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ManofManyAliases posted:

Highly doubtful. Still a lot of bugs in the flight model and a larger bug currently crashing GPUs. I don't see it for 2016.

FTFY

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Highly doubtful. Still a lot of bugs in the flight model and a larger bug currently crashing GPUs. I don't see it for Friday.

It might be good enough for a subset of Evocati. Evocati++

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Currently the plan is to go straight to release with sq42. It will be the first thing they put out that isn't WIP, meaning it will be subject to critical review. Should be interesting. :)

that doesnt seem very open :(

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Remember back in March when Chris said that Craig Grounsell was gonna get docking up and running in short order, and that it was a technically easy thing to do?

https://youtu.be/ciCNkp20O7w?t=10m48s

still no docking. wha happen?????

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek, you delusional old man you: SM WAS in the build. I watched it with mine own eyes, dearest. I watched as my friend played it against 15 others, leaning around corners (because, 'lo and behold: they instituted cover mechanics). I also watched it as they released an FPS ONLY BUILD to further enhance the testing.

I also watched this:

...which is the latest build to hit evocati. But you know this right? You know all of this because of your seventy-billion evocati accounts, correct?

GTFO delusional-Derek.

Woah, cover mechanics AND clothes shopping in the same year? 350 employees have finally shifted into high gear.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Remember back in March when Chris said that Craig Grounsell was gonna get docking up and running in short order, and that it was a technically easy thing to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E6Za0uP0wk

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Moma, can you confirm this is in the game in 2.6? TIA

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. From what was told to me, evocati were testing different builds. In a day, they send out multiple builds. Some are more focused on flight dynamics while others on FPS gameplay. The evocati have their own chat, discord, ptu forums, etc. They're all in one test group, but testing different things. The results are tabulated and they'll use those to streamline the builds so that the can get it out to PTU quicker.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Which sub-Evocati build(s) is/are affected? Are the flight-model bugs only in sub-build #1, while crashing GPUs in sub-build "Star Marine" #2? Or have the issues only surfaced when CIG attempted to merge sub-builds #1 and #2?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Okay, I'm honestly getting loving sick of this word, so imma ask: Is evocati literally the name CIG gave to their creme-de-la-creme testers? This wasn't some label tacked on by evil goonies or such, this is literally what they came up with?

Because if so... :laffo:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Oh come on now. Chris is such a busy guy we all knew he was just joking here. His perfectionist behavior will only allow it to release when it's totally perfect. So it's probably one of his programmer underlings still wet behind the ears not able to keep up with what Chris is able to code. So his estimates are going to be off because he's basing everything on how awesome he is instead of how everybody else is.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

Okay, I'm honestly getting loving sick of this word, so imma ask: Is evocati literally the name CIG gave to their creme-de-la-creme testers? This wasn't some label tacked on by evil goonies or such, this is literally what they came up with?

Because if so... :laffo:

Yes. It's CIGs word, no one else's.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
This recipe I got from my grandmothers cookbook published in 1943. This tired and true Evocati is sure to be a crowd pleaser!

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon anise extract, or 3 drops anise oil
Add all ingredients to list

Prep:
15 m

Cook:
25 m

Ready In:
40 m

Preheat the space oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.

In a medium cruiser, beat together the oil, eggs, sugar and anise flavoring until well blended. Combine the flour and baking powder, stir into the egg mixture to form a heavy dough. Divide dough into 2.6 pieces. Form each piece into a roll as long as your cookie sheet or sidearm. Dock the rolls with the prepared cookie sheet, and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack in the vacuum of space. When the Evocati are cool enough to handle, slice each one crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Place the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 6 to 10 minutes on each side. Slices should be lightly toasted. Arrange Evocati and serve with sliced tomato or your favorite marinara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Unless you're making a pretty hardcore aniseed omelette, I think you might be missing some ingredients there.