Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I am sorely tempted to say no and be an annoying rear end in a top hat because I'm tired of this town, but whatever you've at least pointed out the obvious earlier.

I'm Cleffa, a normal-type, and my partner is Igglytuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Truth Quark posted:

I am sorely tempted to say no and be an annoying rear end in a top hat because I'm tired of this town, but whatever you've at least pointed out the obvious earlier.

I asked and I am not town

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Alright, I can buy that flavour and I can buy you're not making it up given you hosed up Igglybuff's name

##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

I already unvoted, but they literally evolve with 'friendship' or someshit according to bulbapedia.

TQ and GHGD or whatever are not the lynch today.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Are you sure you're confirmed town?

Are you sure you're not just "in a masonry"?

Why the gently caress did you go to bed, when a simple "We're in a town masonry" would have been a 2 second post to make?

Is this, in fact, just a lovely gambit?

Infinitum posted:

Like who the gently caress waits 11 hours just to reveal "Oh hey we're in a confirmed town masonry"

This, however, is some scummy rear end poo poo. Saying "I'm in a confirmed masonry with so-and-so." Is literally the dumbest gambit ever. No scumbro is going to pull something so loving stupid, and no mason is going to be in a masonry and not check and see if it's confirmed or not.

##vote Infinitum

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
god drat you guys post a lot

i don't believe TQ or his dumb gambit gently caress u

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Absurd Revolver posted:

god drat you guys post a lot

i don't believe TQ or his dumb gambit gently caress u

neither did I until the flavour claim

Tobbs is sorta right though, there's not much harm in leaving them alive right now

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I don't really believe GHGD's claim because I don't really see any reason he couldn't have posted the explanation yesterday. I also don't like TQ's "ugh this stupid town I should just be an annoying rear end in a top hat" post. On the other hand, TQ's best friends breadcrumbing and flavor makes sense for a masonry. And I'm also not really willing to risk a town mislynch right now to test this claim, so ##unvote for now.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This, however, is some scummy rear end poo poo. Saying "I'm in a confirmed masonry with so-and-so." Is literally the dumbest gambit ever. No scumbro is going to pull something so loving stupid, and no mason is going to be in a masonry and not check and see if it's confirmed or not.

##vote Infinitum

I don't like this vote at all, by the way. it's pretty obvious that GHGD going "yo I have info lol bye" was weird as gently caress and you're laying into inf for pointing that out?

yeah, it's a gutsy gambit but it's not a completely absurd one to pull

##vote Tobbs Gnawed

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I guess I buy the flavor and breadcrumb for now despite the poor way of responding.

##unvote

Gonna look through those votes again

By the way, is there any reason we're not lynching Kash considering he's a self-admitted third party who has no obligation to help us?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

mfcrocker posted:

I don't like this vote at all, by the way. it's pretty obvious that GHGD going "yo I have info lol bye" was weird as gently caress and you're laying into inf for pointing that out?

yeah, it's a gutsy gambit but it's not a completely absurd one to pull

##vote Tobbs Gnawed

You're a real idiot.

If you think it's a gambit, lynch one of the people claiming to be in a confirmed masonry.

Oh wait, that's a terrible idea, as I pointed out and voted someone for suggesting lol

Weird as gently caress or not, inf continued to lay into GHGD/TQ after the confirmed town masonry claim which is suss as hell.

You can vote me, push a case on me, whatever, but what you're saying is that you think TQ and GHGD are scum, but that I'm somehow a better vote?

Weird, scummy vote dude. Scummy rear end case.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You're a real idiot.

If you think it's a gambit, lynch one of the people claiming to be in a confirmed masonry.

Oh wait, that's a terrible idea, as I pointed out and voted someone for suggesting lol

Weird as gently caress or not, inf continued to lay into GHGD/TQ after the confirmed town masonry claim which is suss as hell.

You can vote me, push a case on me, whatever, but what you're saying is that you think TQ and GHGD are scum, but that I'm somehow a better vote?

Why infinitum and not the other handful of people that were willing to push forward considering the sketch factor on the timing of GHGD's claim?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

i am the bird posted:

Why infinitum and not the other handful of people that were willing to push forward considering the sketch factor on the timing of GHGD's claim?

I read Infinitum, and he doesn't read town to me. That combined with his bad play and hard push of someone claiming to be in a confirmed masonry just reeks of scumminess.

I only have 1 vote, so I have to pick the very best :)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You're masons. Did PMush say you're confirmed town masons?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

i am the bird posted:

I guess I buy the flavor and breadcrumb for now despite the poor way of responding.

##unvote

Gonna look through those votes again

By the way, is there any reason we're not lynching Kash considering he's a self-admitted third party who has no obligation to help us?

Yes, we should at least see what his whole gifting thing is instead of lynching him on D1. We can always lynch him later.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You're a real idiot.

I really don't think there was anything wrong with Infi continuing to ask GHGD why the gently caress he didn't just say he was in a masonry last night instead of the mysterious "i have info you guys but i won't tell you" bullshit. GHGD still hasn't given a good response to that question.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I read Infinitum, and he doesn't read town to me. That combined with his bad play and hard push of someone claiming to be in a confirmed masonry just reeks of scumminess.

I'm sorry I was mean to you in FF Mafs Emperor Purple Praying Mantis

I'm also sorry you're an idiot.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

I'm sorry I was mean to you in FF Mafs Emperor Purple Praying Mantis

I'm also sorry you're an idiot.

As a good and rational player of mafs, knowing what you now know, is TQ a good lynch today?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Seriously, not to keep harping on this, but you are totally cool with GHGD's weird post last night and waiting to claim town masonry until this morning even though TQ was at -3? Because it's weird to me and it doesn't really make sense, so I think it's fair to ask questions about it - but to you that apparently reads as a scummy push?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

tpink posted:

Seriously, not to keep harping on this, but you are totally cool with GHGD's weird post last night and waiting to claim town masonry until this morning even though TQ was at -3? Because it's weird to me and it doesn't really make sense, so I think it's fair to ask questions about it - but to you that apparently reads as a scummy push?

I'm pretty sure I made my points already. Is claiming to be in a confirmed town masonry innocent-child level of mod-confirmed towniness?

Absolutely not.

Does it get you off the hook? Yup.

I think we should all keep an eye on GHGD and TQ, especially if they are still alive later in the game, but to push a lynch AFTER a confirmed masonry claim is scum-scum-scummy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

As a good and rational player of mafs, knowing what you now know, is TQ a good lynch today?

Hmmmm probably not.

We have to take their word that they're confirmed town
Many times I have been in a masonry when I first started playing mafs and got confused about what "confirmed town" meant.
I'd like clarification that they received word via PM, or PMush directly, that they're confirmed town.

Which would ease my mind a bit.

Honestly I'm not 100% convinced atm, as GHGD was scummy as gently caress going to bed before revealing this info, but it's probably best not to lynch either one today.

You know who is a pretty good vote tho?

##vote met

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Kash is neutral and can help town clear the next challenge, id be willing to nominate him tomorrow
And to reiterate, yes we are confirmed town.

I think Tobbs is town, apparently tunneling super hard is his thing?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
See? That wasn't so bad.

Apparently there are 18 effing players in this game and I am going to read more of them.

##unvote

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

mfcrocker posted:

Alright, I can buy that flavour and I can buy you're not making it up given you hosed up Igglybuff's name

...if anything loving up your partners name is a tell that it's being made up.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What if they're scum/town lovers lol

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Met posted:

...if anything loving up your partners name is a tell that it's being made up.

Na, it tells me theyre not a Pokémon nerd; makes me think they wouldn't really be in a position to take claim flavour

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

My partner's name is, uh, Peepa...chorb? Peepachorb.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

The famous pokeman named Peepachorb

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

What if they're scum/town lovers lol

Who are you and why is this literally your first post in the actual game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why that's famed lurker, and local hearthrob, Jonathan Fisk

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

mfcrocker posted:

Na, it tells me theyre not a Pokémon nerd; makes me think they wouldn't really be in a position to take claim flavour

I don't see that as more likely than being into Pokemon enough to play a Pokemon Mafia but still loving up the name you thought you knew.

But you sure do. Which is awfully defensive.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My money is on TQ+GH being Lovers. Which is why it took so long for GH to get back to the thread.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Met reads like me when I'm town.

Also he put me into the gym battle for which I'm very grateful.

I think we shouldn't lunch him, I will try to find someone else.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
PMush has made one post in the mason doc and it literally has CONFIRMED TOWN MASONS, caps and bolding hers.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Met reads like me when I'm town.

Also he put me into the gym battle for which I'm very grateful.

I think we shouldn't lunch him, I will try to find someone else.

This is what I was getting at yesterday when I said that Met posts too much to be scum lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I call bullshit

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Retro Futurist posted:

I call bullshit

On?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

To be fair i kinda forgot igglybuff even existed until a fortnight ago.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

tpink posted:

I really don't think there was anything wrong with Infi continuing to ask GHGD why the gently caress he didn't just say he was in a masonry last night instead of the mysterious "i have info you guys but i won't tell you" bullshit. GHGD still hasn't given a good response to that question.

Going back to this, I'm trying to figure out a logical reason to wait hours and hours for the big reveal and the only thing I can surmise is that he had to get his story straight with TQ first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The mason stuff

• Locked thread