Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

Sheng-ji can do what he wants but I can still probate everyone around him

Seems like you are the one who is salty.

You should rename yourself Power Crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Ace of Baes posted:

Bernie/The Bernie Candidate will have a big advantage in 2020 since a big struggle for him this year was gaining name recognition in the early primary.

Also the fact that he was running against essentially an incumbent. Bernie probably woulda got the nom if he'd been in a field as wide and open as the Republicans'.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

HorseRenoir posted:

david brock looks like a wax sculpture of geert wilders

#triggered

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Geert Wilders looks like David Brock will in about 8 years :rip:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

The best part of the 2020 primary is that this zinger is gonna get used constantly by smug lefties . "What's the worst that could happen? We could lose all branches to Trump?" :smugdon:

The best part of the 2020 primary is that all the DNC meetings will be held in secret because, after the 2018 Trumpstitutional Convention, the Democratic Party was made illegal.

(Also I seriously, genuinely want a Hiking Hillary As The Fugitive/The Incredible Hulk/etc. TV show. Someone who works in TV get on this.)

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Joementum posted:

Here's something Democrats should stop doing.

hopefully a righteous god opens the earth up under this building and swallows all inside

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Terror Sweat posted:

hopefully a righteous god opens the earth up under this building and swallows all inside

Alas, we do not live in a Just World.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Concerned Citizen posted:

the arizona primary?

The Arizona primary was a clusterfuck, but it had nothing to do with Democrats.

The county recorder lost her election and now we've got a Democrat in that seat.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Don't mistake gross incompetence and stupidity for malice.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

what the gently caress is wrong with that guy's head

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

UHD posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with that guy's head
Neoliberalism, not even once

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

docbeard posted:

The best part of the 2020 primary is that all the DNC meetings will be held in secret because, after the 2018 Trumpstitutional Convention, the Democratic Party was made illegal.

As artillery rains on the NYState democratic primary bunker, a necessary consequence of the Great Purge of 2019 authorized by Trump, showering the remaining 12 living democrats of New York in dust one of them speaks up: "Actually, a centrist candidate would be more electable. For every slave-class democrat we lose we'll gain two Megacity republicans. We need to show the people that our candidate has the right temperament, and will respect the office of the presidency."

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

As artillery rains on the NYState democratic primary bunker, a necessary consequence of the Great Purge of 2019 authorized by Trump, showering the remaining 12 living democrats of New York in dust one of them speaks up: "Actually, a centrist candidate would be more electable. For every slave-class democrat we lose we'll gain two Megacity republicans. We need to show the people that our candidate has the right temperament, and will respect the office of the presidency."
This reminds me, everyone here should read the Judge Dredd story "America" if you want a preview of our future, namaste

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

we can't just drive the business Dems entirely into the wilderness since then they just become blue-state republicans. we must wrest control of the party from them, but we offer the carrot and the stick.

on one side, a pluralistic, multicultural society with a strong safety net and regulations that allow business to grow in a sane, measured way

on the other side, the great gleaming razor of le coiffeur, the people's instrument of revolutionary justice

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

So who does David Brock blame for Hillary's loss?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/why-im-angry_us_5845e45de4b0496fbcb0c2f5?section=us_politics

Here's the short list

1. FBI Director James Comey
2. The Media
3. Russia
4. Fake News Sites
5. Republicans
6. Jill Stein
7. Mysoginysts
8. Millenials
9. Trump's anti-semitic campaign

The man is some sort of political cartoon goblin brought to life.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

we can't just drive the business Dems entirely into the wilderness since then they just become blue-state republicans. we must wrest control of the party from them, but we offer the carrot and the stick.

on one side, a pluralistic, multicultural society with a strong safety net and regulations that allow business to grow in a sane, measured way

on the other side, the great gleaming razor of le coiffeur, the people's instrument of revolutionary justice

You show a surprising lack of bloodlust toward the neoliberal scum, comrade. :cop:

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Iron Twinkie posted:

2. The Media
3. Russia
4. Fake News Sites
5. Republicans
6. Jill Stein
7. Mysoginysts
8. Millenials

:allears: The perfect list of scapegoats you can't do anything about

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Iron Twinkie posted:

So who does David Brock blame for Hillary's loss?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/why-im-angry_us_5845e45de4b0496fbcb0c2f5?section=us_politics

Here's the short list

2. The Media
3. Russia
4. Fake News Sites
5. Republicans
6. Jill Stein
7. Mysoginysts
8. Millenials

The man is some sort of political cartoon goblin brought to life.

i mean all of those certainly contributed, but yeah a distinct lack of "lovely campaign" there

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

freckle posted:

You show a surprising lack of bloodlust toward the neoliberal scum, comrade. :cop:

when i pull on the black hood and stand on the scaffold with the lever in my hand, it will not be bloodlust, but justice that motivates me.

the hood cracks and snaps around me in the cold morning wind, but i am numb to it. the sterile winds steals the stink of fear-sweat from my nostrils and whips it into the crowd.

i do this not because i hate the bankers. i will pray with them and beseech almighty god to forgive their sins. but once those sins have been expunged and their souls are bright and clear, the rot of their crimes remains and must be punished.

i pull the lever. the crowd exhales in a sustained gasp. i do not look. they are already leading the next man up the scaffold. le coiffeur's hunger is not sated.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
:chloe:

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Is this thread in D&D now? It's loving all block posting and semantic wars

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

what I'm trying to say is it's all about the big tent!!!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

im very economically anxious

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the big tent, is the one that forms in my pants, when i think about bankers and CEOs being set to the guillotine

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Markorjoshua posted:

look it's either primary chat or disturbingly detailed fantasies of murdering rich people. it cannot be anything else

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Re: the current thread title, Prague didn't worry about no balconies when they staged a good, old-fashioned defenestration.

:bernin:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

it's actually good that the democrat's main propagandist is someone who used to be far right

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/12/06/clinton-ally-david-brock-presses-for-full-time-dnc-chair/

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Yinlock posted:

look it's either primary chat or disturbingly detailed fantasies of murdering rich people. it cannot be anything else

Fair 'bough. I'll be busy writing my dissertation on killing the rich. Be posting it soon

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

dude needs to be purged real hard

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I think the "Big Tent" is just too expensive. Instead lets make sure members have some "skin in the game," and they will buy their own shelter or lean-to, and will be reimbursed if they decide to become entrepreneurs.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

disturbingly detailed fantasies of murdering rich people

a good platform imo

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karl Barks posted:

it's actually good that the democrat's main propagandist is someone who used to be far right

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/12/06/clinton-ally-david-brock-presses-for-full-time-dnc-chair/

Can't mumblemumble the broctopus.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

deadgoon posted:

the big tent, is the one that forms in my pants, when i think about bankers and CEOs being set to the guillotine

this guys, this right here is a very good post

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

deadgoon posted:

let me walk this back a bit to make it sound more reasonable

snake pit

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Yinlock posted:

delightfully detailed fantasies of murdering rich people.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Markorjoshua posted:

Tbf I made the OP p big. If this was D&D you would have a lot more Fulcrums

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yinlock posted:

i mean all of those certainly contributed, but yeah a distinct lack of "lovely campaign" there

I'd strike Stein off the list; I don't think most of Stein's voters would have gone to Hillary regardless and I don't think there were enough of those who would have to matter even given the narrow margins we're talking about.

Millennials too, except as a subset of the much larger enthusiasm gap; more young folks voted for Hillary than any other age group.

Mys-, Mis-, Sexism in the election is probably impossible to quantify, almost certainly had a non-zero effect (especially if you extend it to one of the big reasons she had a 30-year hate campaign directed at her in the first place) but I doubt a dude who ran Hillary's exact campaign would have won either.

Also absent from the list (aside from Hillary's Terrible No-Good Very Bad Campaign, which belongs at the top, in twenty-foot high letters that are on fire):

Voter Suppression. If "don't ignore flyover country, and maybe don't call it flyover country any more, stupids" is the first lesson we need to learn, "fight tooth and nail to eliminate voter suppression tools, legal and otherwise" needs to be the second. I mean, it's probably too late now, and good luck voting anywhere in 2018 if you're a minority, but still. (E. Actually, "Economic justice and social justice are the same goddamn thing" is the first lesson. Shift the other two down one.)

Trump Actually Being Good At Campaigning And Almost Universally Underestimated, though I'm probably the only person in this thread who believes that.

docbeard has issued a correction as of 19:24 on Dec 6, 2016

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
maybe if hillar had a hat she wouldve won

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

AceRimmer posted:

Don't mistake gross incompetence and stupidity for malice.

In Arizona, I'm not sure if there's a difference.

We got a new law against ballot harvesting law year, just in time for the election.

Arizona uses a lot of mail in ballots, but people tend to procrastinate and wait until it's too late to mail them in. The Democratic party calls people who haven't mailed in their ballots and do a late delivery, sort of like an unofficial post office.

A bunch of politicians started writing articles about how people hypothetically could be buying ballots from people, or dumpster diving for unfilled ballots, or even using a microwave to unseal sealed envelopes to make sure people voted correctly (This doesn't work, by the way).

So then people read the articles and wrote to their representatives that they should do something about it.

Long story short, it's now a Felony to be in possession of a ballot that doesn't belong to an immediate family member.

Not a huge deal if you've got a mailbox in your front yard, but in poorer neighborhoods, people have incoming mail only.

I ended up talking to the sponsor of the bill and explaining my concerns. She didn't seem very sympathetic and I swear to god, she said "I don't believe that people in apartments have difficulty sending mail, how do they send in their mortgage checks every month if they don't have outgoing mail?"

I didn't really have a chance to explain online payment, or that it's legal to ask a neighbour to drop off a letter, or that people in apartments don't have mortgages.

I seriously don't know if it is malicious or just completely out of touch people who have never set foot in an apartment complex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

im not gonna dig in my heels and insist that the democrats plant a stake every mile from Boston to LA and impale a financial executive on each one

but i can't get behind any platform where jamie dimon's guts stay inside his body

• Locked thread