Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gomi Day posted:

can confirm. am asian.

seconded

where's my loving pineapple/habanero sauce costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Anderron Shi posted:

Winter is time for jäger and hanky panks imo.

also acceptable tbh

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

thathonkey posted:

have you tried kraft

:lol: look at moneybags here with his name brand mac and cheese.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

seconded

where's my loving pineapple/habanero sauce costco

it was repackaged, smaller bottle in a 2 pack I think. still an active product

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
As someone who does all of his grocery shopping at Whole Foods like a proper smug millenial, lmbo @ buying your food at a warehouse. *snacks on artisnal cheez-it type snacks and la croix*

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Costco is pissing me off lately. They do not have the tomato basil bisque I like.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

Xaris posted:

Most winter beers are honestly loving horrible, so i'm ok with that. So far they've been pretty good and a lot of really random stuff i've have never found/bought on my own

st peter's winter ale and muskoka winter beard double chocolate cranberry stout are really good, if you haven't tried them.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
The la brea tortas are good even if they aren't really tortas

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My local costco has gaming laptops and desktops for sale for a pretty good price of $1300

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i filled up my tank at Costco today in preparation for a week of commuting. :grin:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

We have BJ's wholesale club here.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Wife loves Costco because she can buy 500 rolls of toilet paper.

Malkof fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 5, 2016

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
The Japanese Costco foodcourt has the hot dog combo for 180yen and slices of pizza are 300 yen, they used to be 250 yen but they raised the price a few years ago. They also used to have good Chicken Provolone sandwiches but changed them to Chicken Bakes. They have Bulgogi bakes as well which are pretty good and recently changed the recipe to it.

Anyway going there makes it feel like you're back in America with idiots just running through the aisles with oversized carts and being oblivious to their surroundings. They do have a good mix of imported and domestic products, though.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Their rotisserie chicken salad is godlike.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Original_Z posted:

The Japanese Costco foodcourt has the hot dog combo for 180yen and slices of pizza are 300 yen, they used to be 250 yen but they raised the price a few years ago. They also used to have good Chicken Provolone sandwiches but changed them to Chicken Bakes. They have Bulgogi bakes as well which are pretty good and recently changed the recipe to it.

Anyway going there makes it feel like you're back in America with idiots just running through the aisles with oversized carts and being oblivious to their surroundings. They do have a good mix of imported and domestic products, though.

How do Japanese people have room for groceries bought in bulk? I always assumed they have to live in really small spaces.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
Bulk is probably relative.
What we get at a regular supermarket may be considered bulk there.
I've worked in Japan for a bit and yeah food comes in slightly smaller portions but it's not as drastic as you'd think. But things were almost always sold individually. I don't remember seeing any sort of mutipacks, but I admittedly only shopped at convenience stores, not full size grocery stores.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's like how a small soda in the united states is bigger than the largest soda they sell at the same fast food place in another part of the world

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

it's like how a small soda in the united states is bigger than the largest soda they sell at the same fast food place in another part of the world

largest size of coke in McDonald's in Germany is the medium size here yea (the fools)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Costco should have a premium membership that comes with a chest freezer

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Richard M Nixon posted:

As someone who does all of his grocery shopping at Whole Foods like a proper smug millenial, lmbo @ buying your food at a warehouse. *snacks on artisnal cheez-it type snacks and la croix*

lmao if you don't hit up Publix, Trader Joe's, Costco and Whole Foods on the reg cmon home slice

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
They sell chest freezers at my costco

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

They sell chest freezers at my costco

I got mine there too, it was the first thing I bought with my membership because where am I going to put all this brisket.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Moridin920 posted:

largest size of coke in McDonald's in Germany is the medium size here yea (the fools)

Jesus christ the rest of the world sucks. Imagine being that poor you can't afford big cups.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Too many jews in my area, so brisket is like $11 a pound wtf

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

KakerMix posted:

lmao if you don't hit up Publix, Trader Joe's, Costco and Whole Foods on the reg cmon home slice

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Costco should have a premium membership that comes with a chest freezer

What woman would pay for that?

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

thathonkey posted:

I did not notice that in the foreign countries I have visited, I think it's just a meme. However, I ate fast food rarely (maybe once per trip) while over seas for work because lol at being cheap when the company pays for your meals.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
nah it's true in some places. in south america a large is like the small size here. i bet in asian countries same deal.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My wife's family in Brazil placed a 3.3 liter bottle of guarana soda on the table in their house, it's not a restaurant but I still felt that the bottle was comically huge as an American.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

thathonkey posted:

nah it's true in some places. in south america a large is like the small size here. i bet in asian countries same deal.

Not in Japan or Korea in my experience :shrug:

Edit: however they don't have extra large I don't think

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Nfcknblvbl posted:

How do Japanese people have room for groceries bought in bulk? I always assumed they have to live in really small spaces.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Original_Z posted:

When did they change the bulgogi bake? That thing was amazing, and I always make sure to get one when I'm in Tokyo/Seoul.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
If Costco sold takoyaki I'd be fatter than I already am.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

shoophobo posted:

also acceptable tbh

straight jaeger never tastes good

except for this time of the year when you'll drink just about anything to take the edge off of the pain

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if I have a US Costco membership will they let me buy poo poo at the Japan one?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Moridin920 posted:

if I have a US Costco membership will they let me buy poo poo at the Japan one?

Based on what I've read in this thread, yes.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

Anderron Shi posted:

Based on what I've read in this thread, yes.

Is there a Japanese Costco.com??
I want to order Japanese stuff, but in BULK

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my costco regularly has Poki

its real good

also expensive :downsa:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What's the pizza like in the Japanese Costco? As I understand it, there is barely any cheese in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Do the Japanese individuals share our fancy for pub mix?

A Concrete Divider fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 7, 2016