Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
It's ok. I'm a barf girl :bigtran:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Is it just me or is this season filled with winners so far? How is this possible with a show this old? Simpsons couldn't even make it this long.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Last Chance posted:

Is it just me or is this season filled with winners so far? How is this possible with a show this old? Simpsons couldn't even make it this long.

Last season was great too. This is one of the most insanely consistent shows I've seen.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
if Steve jacked off to Hailey's portrait he should have done the same to Francine's

"the regulars here think it's weird i'm a principal"

lol i laughed way too long at this joke

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

if Steve jacked off to Hailey's portrait he should have done the same to Francine's

He didn't know it was Hailey at the time. If he never knew that was Francine you better believe he would have dumped buckets worth.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Carlosologist posted:

I'm always amused at the ridiculous lines they make Patrick Stewart say

And you can tell he's having a ball saying them.

One of the DVDs had a feature about Patrick Stewart. In it, Stewart mentions that he used to get people coming up to him and quoting Star Trek: TNG to him. Now everybody quotes American Dad to him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
My favorite line of his will always be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22l3qMN1XOk

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Davros1 posted:

And you can tell he's having a ball saying them.

One of the DVDs had a feature about Patrick Stewart. In it, Stewart mentions that he used to get people coming up to him and quoting Star Trek: TNG to him. Now everybody quotes American Dad to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjLF0DIeqMw

I really want to know what those lines were.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gonz posted:

My fav is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qR-ygcqvjA&t=97s

I swear that is was censored when it aired because of how filthy it was.

Also want to know that the 2 lines he wouldn't say were.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

My fav is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qR-ygcqvjA&t=97s

I swear that is was censored when it aired because of how filthy it was.

Wow, I never knew there were lines there. I thought it being beeped out was the joke.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm would hazard a guess that one was pretty bad gay joke about Ian McKellan.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Weird stuff. Butt stuff.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I'M THE MAYOR OF JAM CITY

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

smashpro1 posted:

Like, 95% likely.

I loved how it turned out to not be Roger, and even Roger was surprised it wasn't him.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

livingfruitvirus posted:

I loved how it turned out to not be Roger, and even Roger was surprised it wasn't him.

Thank god I'm just his secretary.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

WickedHate posted:

Thank god I'm just his secretary.

Associate

For real though, American Dad is in a bit of a golden age right. I'm usually just a 'exhales slightly harder than usual when something funny happens' guy, but this season so far has had a few actual laughs out loud per episode. I'm truly impressed.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

livingfruitvirus posted:

That joke just never gets old. I feel like having a character like Roger really helps this show since he is an infinite number of characters whose justification is always bullshit at best.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

FuriousxGeorge posted:

We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.

That is an unsatisfying answer.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Gonz posted:

I like this one (forgive the lovely audio):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzQ2BUKDq5Q

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

iirc, it had something to do with underage girls.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Likely. Haley was of age when he pumped her full of electrolytes.

And another great episode. Hell, the entire part where Klaus is offscreen complaining about the chewing tobacco was well done.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Bahama Mama
(Season 14, Episode 5)
Stan is rattled about becoming a grandfather after Hayley and Jeff announce they want to have a baby. Meanwhile, Steve decides to take his role as an uncle seriously, after which he and Klaus join a drug gang.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I'm so glad they figured out what to do with the Klaus character, he's been doing great stuff this season.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Meanwhile, Steve decides to take his role as an uncle seriously, after which he and Klaus join a drug gang.

I cannot wait to see the sequence of events that lead to that, not to mention that we'll probably get to that point within 10 minutes.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They've already forgotten about poor Nemo.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Wait...what was that second thing?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the cut to the other lifeguard in the garbage had me laughing

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sorry I'm just naturally curious.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

and maybe Reginald will come back.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Whose the guy behind Jeff and Hailey at the very end who wakes up and smiles at the camera during "..and maybe Reginalds coming back!"

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Whose the guy behind Jeff and Hailey at the very end who wakes up and smiles at the camera during "..and maybe Reginalds coming back!"

That character design looks very show crew member-ish.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Zero One posted:

They've already forgotten about poor Nemo.

Named after Jeff's favourite character from literature. Nemo from the novelisation of the film Finding Nemo

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

livingfruitvirus posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is an in joke and that guy is a writer who either really loves or really hates Reginald.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Still cracking up when recalling Steve's list of trademarked toys and games.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Does anyone else feel the animation quality's taken a hit sometime during the TBS run? THe writing quality is fantastic and definitely far beyond where Simpsons was in its same period but it seems the framerate has been dialed down to somewhere around "college student Flash resume", even the intro seems choppier.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The animation sucked at the beginning of the show but so many good episodes. Currently watching one now. "Start over, jumpy tiny!"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

the cut to the other lifeguard in the garbage had me laughing

Had to pause at that due to laughing. I loved all the I'LL BE THEEEEERE cuts.

God, this show is so good right now.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

livingfruitvirus posted:

It looks like a grown-up steve tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Roger actually brought up some continuity, maybe that guy is going to play a role in a plot dealing with Jeff having an alien/robot body.