Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
drat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Whew. Glad page 42 is over. That was a tough one!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

1500 posted:

Yes but its not a game people are playing, and that is the point.
Ah, I see what you mean.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Ah one of the fabled 'early backer' perks that apparently will make anyone who gets a refund immediately feel remorse for doing so.

yeah...

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Sabreseven posted:

Ah one of the fabled 'early backer' perks that apparently will make anyone who gets a refund immediately feel remorse for doing so.

yeah...

Pfft I got a refund on an account with a Golden Ticket! Beat that for remorse!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's like Inception. Or a giant pile of lies.

Starception

We must go derper! WAHOOONNNNNNNG!

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

The Titanic posted:

Whew. Glad page 42 is over. That was a tough one!

page 4200 here we come

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Yeah I know he said his fake lawyers wouldn't let him post it but I also know that means he didn't have poo poo in the first place and just felt the need to draw attention to himself, since that's what this whole thing about for him.

Fake lawyears don't hump your leg when they are feeling needy. SO CHECKMATE, GOONER!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nicholas posted:

page 4200 here we come

Onwards to victory! :3:

Or the smashing release of Star Citizen that forces us to close the thread in shame!

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
taint

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
In pie-in-the-sky videogame kickstarter news, "Identity" was supposed to release this month

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/asylum/identity

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

The Pi dude posted:

Has any said that this game is unobTANEable?

Idk, But I do know it's enterTANEing.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

BitBasher posted:

Pfft I got a refund on an account with a Golden Ticket! Beat that for remorse!

Ah, Golden tickets, always reminds me of that film with Gene Wilder.

I'd imagine the CIG version is young man finds a golden ticket in a bowl of gruel, the description is about going to a factory where dreams are made and finding out it's a nightmarish nose first journey up CR's chocolate factory, fraught with dangers and Oompa Loompas who call themselves the 'Evocati'.

CR's theme.
Oompa loompa thumbety doo
I've got a perfect game for you
Oompa loompa thumbety dee
If you are wise you'll hand your wallet to me

What do you get when you guzzle down dreams
Dreaming as much as a paranoid schizophrenic dreams
Where is the patch, getting terribly fat (30gb)
What do you think will come of that
I don't like the look of it

Oompa loompa thumbety da
If you're not a greedy manager, you won't go far
You won't live in happiness too
Like the Oompa Loompa thumbety do
thumbety do

Oompa loompa thumbety doo
I've got another game for you
Oompa loompa thumbeda dee
If you are wise you'll hand your wallet to me

Cash pledging's fine when you're a whale
It stops us from producing and keeps me out of jail
But it's hilarious, rivetting and strong
pledging and spending all day long
The way that a moron does

Oompa loompa thumbety da
Given your millions I will go far
I will live in happiness too
Unlike you... what ho! peasants!

*low effort, am tired*

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. From what was told to me, evocati were testing different builds. In a day, they send out multiple builds. Some are more focused on flight dynamics while others on FPS gameplay. The evocati have their own chat, discord, ptu forums, etc. They're all in one test group, but testing different things. The results are tabulated and they'll use those to streamline the builds so that the can get it out to PTU quicker.

Stop spitting out bullshit to save your rear end. All avocados run the same build and anyone can grab them. Even non-avocados have the client download urls in their patcher client and they aren't unique per-user.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Raskolnikov posted:

Mental. Illness.

snow blindness

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/montreals-first-day-of-snow-proves-to-be-a-challenge/85208723/

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
"A grind is not necessarely going to be soul-destroying"

Buys a Carrack to "' 'relax,' not grind so much and enjoy the game longer"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Remember back in March when Chris said that Craig Grounsell was gonna get docking up and running in short order, and that it was a technically easy thing to do?

https://youtu.be/ciCNkp20O7w?t=10m48s

still no docking. wha happen?????

Maybe he broke his wrist

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I legit dont understand when the citizens talk about exploration and discovery of new star systems as a mechanic. To the point of buying a 1200 dollar exploration package. I thought all the systems were fleshed out and had all this lore? Whats to explore? Why can't I do this in a fighter? Is a derelict begal invisible to a fighter?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheLightPurges posted:

I legit dont understand when the citizens talk about exploration and discovery of new star systems as a mechanic. To the point of buying a 1200 dollar exploration package. I thought all the systems were fleshed out and had all this lore? Whats to explore? Why can't I do this in a fighter? Is a derelict begal invisible to a fighter?

Would it surprise you if additional systems (as in, more than the one non-complete system you start out in) were behind a paywall?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Finally! Something that at a long distance and with both eyes swollen shut could be confused for almost replicating a dumbed-down and much less realistic version of a very basic capability of KSP.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Maybe he broke his wrist

This still makes me :argh:. I have a one-person business, and when I had a health issue in the middle of a project, I hired someone else to sub for me. Which is what Chris Robbers should have done with his millions, hire someone (or someones) to sub for broken-wrist dude.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

TheLightPurges posted:

Press "X" to Discover

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

AlbieQuirky posted:

This still makes me :argh:. I have a one-person business, and when I had a health issue in the middle of a project, I hired someone else to sub for me. Which is what Chris Robbers should have done with his millions, hire someone (or someones) to sub for broken-wrist dude.
As a one man operation you probably don't understand company development. When you have $140million and 370 employees--any one person is able to cripple the project for weeks. Every single employee is indispensable and irreplaceable. Well unless they become a dirty leaver and then it is natural turnover.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

HycoCam posted:

As a one man operation you probably don't understand company development. When you have $140million and 370 employees--any one person is able to cripple the project for weeks. Every single employee is indispensable and irreplaceable. Well unless they become a dirty leaver and then it is natural turnover.

The only person crippling the project is the guy with two working hands that he waves around constantly to make funding appear.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

You just don't understand great game design. It is going to take weeks, heck months--and based on CIG's track record years to discover a new system. There will be 100 systems in the shipped game--intrepid explorers will need to discover 99 of them... Be careful exploring--you might find the vanduul system! I'd imagine the discovery process would be something along the lines of: Start exploring--they are out there!! Nineteen months later a 100GB download for a patch. Few hours later--"New System Discovered!!" Just 98 left to find!

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Dementropy posted:

The only person crippling the project is the guy with two working hands that he waves around constantly to make funding appear.
Chris is an inspiration. Before Chris I had no idea that I could be a game developer. Personally, though I'd be doing a few more vacations...

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

flyboi posted:

Stop spitting out bullshit to save your rear end. All avocados run the same build and anyone can grab them. Even non-avocados have the client download urls in their patcher client and they aren't unique per-user.
As simple as LAN vs WAN? The Star Marine launch icon only active for those with LAN access to the server?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

"WHOA GUYS - 1 person in 300+ is leaving! Sky is falling!"

You're going tooooo fast on Derek's Delusional Train. Better slow it down a bit.

You need to chill out and think before posting, man. In companies, not all employees contribute the same to the company. Not all 300+ Cigizens (and we only have them to trust on that staffing size) are magic interchangeable cogs. So, yeah, if I saw the RIGHT one person leaving, I might indeed be concerned.

Take a nice long deep breath before you post next time. I mean seriously, between the reductio ad absurdum and some of the ad hominems lately, you are sounds like some of those Redditors and Twatters I have been duking it out with. You are better than that, man. Have a nice steak, a glass of wine, and call the fam, okay?

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AJ9d6A2Yk

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
is it page 44 yet?

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
never mind

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

sickening and heartbreaking

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
god drat these loving people

32 gig lol.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I think it's a viable development strategy to have multiple current builds out to your nonprofessional test squad, maybe even one tailored build for each evocatus

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

It seems like smug MoMA has been replaced by angry MoMA...

I liked smug MoMA better TBH.

You and me both. Angry MoMA is just as bad at that tool arguing I had to prove I wasn't Derek or those Redditor circle jerkers.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

god drat these loving people

32 gig lol.

Final game will ship on one of those 8TB helium filled drives.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I'll read all these 10000 word long posts later. in the mean time, I want to remind everyone to call or visit their parents wherever possible. They raised you with love and care and would like to hear about the things you're getting up to in life

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

I.N.R.I posted:

I'll read all these 10000 word long posts later. in the mean time, I want to remind everyone to call or visit their parents wherever possible. They raised you with love and care and would like to hear about the things you're getting up to in life

What is your official stance on punctuation? Especially full stops at the end of sentences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

I.N.R.I posted:

Ty

Did anyone say smugMA yet