Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Infinitum posted:

Why that's famed lurker, and local hearthrob, Jonathan Fisk

hey im the famous lurker gently caress you jon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also, for the record, I'm 2x effective in Gym #2 tomorrow AND I'll get my first evolution. Might make me a target for tonight, but I want to be THE VERY BEST so I'm risking it.

I'd vote tobbs for this

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You seem to have got the wrong impression. My read on Infinitum is indifferent, I just feel like the way that Met pushed him is really scummy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also my reason for the low postcount is the same as it always is: My timezone means I tend to be asleep when most of the activity happens.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I'd go with a lurker lynch over a no-lynch. I said yesterday that I don't see the Met case, and that's still the case today. I don't agree with SSV's read on Met but I don't think SSV is a good lynch candidate for today either.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Holy poo poo that doublepost is weird. Kinda :ironicat: after people were talking about me and TQ being scum

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote Fisk

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jonathan Fisk posted:

My posting career has been marked by periods of extremely high posting and periods of picking spots

Fisk, you got anything to add here? Now would be a good time to for a period of extremely high posting.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
would vote Tobbs for plagiarism and fisk for quality of life

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

give head or get dead posted:

Holy poo poo that doublepost is weird. Kinda :ironicat: after people were talking about me and TQ being scum

Weird how?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

The Slasher/Tobbs doublepost was odd. I feel better about Tobbs' version than I do Slasher's but I don't know how to read Slasher as a player at this point.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

IllegallySober posted:

The Slasher/Tobbs doublepost was odd. I feel better about Tobbs' version than I do Slasher's but I don't know how to read Slasher as a player at this point.

what a scummy non-syatement

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

IllegallySober I don't think I have time to sway people on you rn but

I'm watching you

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
The SSV case is dumb imo and I think Tobbs looks scummy for it and for the earlier pact with tpink about nominating each other for gym challenges, and I say that because tpink's posting looks like a bunch of white noise me-too stuff just to show he's here.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
##unvote

Again, won't be around for deadline tonight so will basically be on whoever I vote in a couple hours

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

in conclusion, tobbs and tpink = scum

##vote Tobbs

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

i am the bird posted:

The SSV case is dumb imo and I think Tobbs looks scummy for it and for the earlier pact with tpink about nominating each other for gym challenges, and I say that because tpink's posting looks like a bunch of white noise me-too stuff just to show he's here.

You are dumb imo

SSV not town lynch his rear end

Dunno why taste is better but I'll vote him if it comes down to it. I'd rather lynch a scummy lurker than a lurker on who admittedly nobody has a read.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You are dumb imo

yeah, probably

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Like, look at bird's case and vote?

Zero content OMGUS

Not town play

If my case on SSV is bad, then say LITERALLY ANYTHING ABOUT IT

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Your vote is predicated on SSV voting Met and then explaining why later, with the explanation being a solid reason for why Met's original case didn't make much sense.

I think that is a bad case. I think it is also bad that you tried to make a challenge pact. That's it. Is it the strongest of cases? No. But given that you're currently trying to steer a bad lynch in the waning hours, I'm inclined to lean on you.

That said, re-reading your posts about gym challenges has given me second thought and I'll be back momentarily to make a further decision.

tpink is still tpinging my scumdar in any event

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Better.

But people who vote and then flail about while trying to explain their votes are almost always scum, that's why I voted SSV.

His explanation and buddying are shady AF and he deserves scrutiny this game.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

i am the bird posted:

Your vote is predicated on SSV voting Met and then explaining why later, with the explanation being a solid reason for why Met's original case didn't make much sense.

I think that is a bad case. I think it is also bad that you tried to make a challenge pact. That's it. Is it the strongest of cases? No. But given that you're currently trying to steer a bad lynch in the waning hours, I'm inclined to lean on you.

That said, re-reading your posts about gym challenges has given me second thought and I'll be back momentarily to make a further decision.

tpink is still tpinging my scumdar in any event

Based on what? My "white noise" posting as opposed to yours, I guess? I just re-read your posts, and I got bad news for you, friend.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

tpink posted:

Based on what? My "white noise" posting as opposed to yours, I guess? I just re-read your posts, and I got bad news for you, friend.

is it a tumour? :ohdear:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

is it a tumour? :ohdear:

I'm afraid it's terminal. :boehner:

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

tpink posted:

As I've said before, trying to be a part of challenge pact is scummy to me because it's both self serving and potentially dangerous to town. And, while I haven't pushed much by myself, I think I've made my opinions clear on all the issues on the table whereas you've never been first or second opinion on anything.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also my tumor is benign, damnit

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

apparently my shruggie guy has cancer though

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

i am the bird posted:

As I've said before, trying to be a part of challenge pact is scummy to me because it's both self serving and potentially dangerous to town. And, while I haven't pushed much by myself, I think I've made my opinions clear on all the issues on the table whereas you've never been first or second opinion on anything.

That would be a fair point except I specifically said that I shouldn't be put in yesterday's challenge because I was worth one point for that particular gym and that we should instead put in someone with an advantage - so, ya know, the opposite of what you said about me being self-serving etc.:

tpink posted:

Hmm, I still don't know if there's any reason not to reveal my type, but I'll hold off on the specifics for now -- but I'll also say that for this gym, I am also worth one point, so I should probably sit it out in favor of someone with an advantage.

i am the bird posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(And I think that tumor is spreading, sorry. :ohdear:)

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
this game is making me angry

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not going to fake content to stay alive. Pushing a lurker lynch is typically a lazy scum move, so make hay there later.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Absurd Revolver posted:

this game is making me angry

That's a lot of white noise you have there too.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ahh its 12:30 AM rn and i have no clue who to vote brb

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I would note I'm a one shot, so there would be actual utility out of lynching me tomorrow.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm not going to fake content to stay alive. Pushing a lurker lynch is typically a lazy scum move, so make hay there later.

No, you're confused. Not posting is a lazy scum move.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

how about providing some real content?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

tpink posted:

That would be a fair point except I specifically said that I shouldn't be put in yesterday's challenge because I was worth one point for that particular gym and that we should instead put in someone with an advantage - so, ya know, the opposite of what you said about me being self-serving etc.:

Sure, that's true. But I don't see how that erases the earlier attempt at pacts.

##unvote for the moment because Tobbs later claims about his type and evolution during the challenge seem legit and townie-like

Apparently I am the only one who finds the early pact shenanigans to be bad but I guess they can also be read as not having read the OP very carefully

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

how about providing some real content?

I don't believe in D1.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Dunno why taste is better but I'll vote him if it comes down to it

who is taste by the way? some y'all got prior names that I don't know apparently

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

i am the bird posted:

who is taste by the way? some y'all got prior names that I don't know apparently

Oh, Jonathan Fisk is Taste, TremTa, Tremendous Taste etc

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I would note I'm a one shot, so there would be actual utility out of lynching me tomorrow.

I wasn't on board with the Jonathan Fisk lurker lynch but this post is making me reconsider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't believe in D1.

Then no-vote so it's easier to convince people to vote you out please.

• Locked thread