Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Holly is such a big bantamweight I'm surprised she doesn't want that shot at glory of possibly being the first woman in the UFC to have held titles in two divisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

So Cyborg is probably gonna get her own weight class in the UFC despite her best efforts to sabotage her own career, rad. I wonder if the full power of the UFC can build an actual weightclass in the equivalent of women's super-heavyweight, or if she'll just beat the poo poo out of Marloes Coenen forever.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

chaleski posted:

So Cyborg is probably gonna get her own weight class in the UFC despite her best efforts to sabotage her own career, rad. I wonder if the full power of the UFC can build an actual weightclass in the equivalent of women's super-heavyweight, or if she'll just beat the poo poo out of Marloes Coenen forever.

I'm sure theres some bantamweights that will come up for a shot at glory and they'll probably clear out Invicta of all their possible Featherweight prospects. And since they'll be earning more money hopefully it will result in better training/better opponents over time.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Le Saboteur posted:

Holly is such a big bantamweight I'm surprised she doesn't want that shot at glory of possibly being the first woman in the UFC to have held titles in two divisions.

She should just say gently caress 135 and try to be as big and imposing at 145 as she can, aside from Tate she was able to control most of her opponents in the clinch iirc, and although it's unlikely it'd be interesting to see someone else bully Cyborg for a change.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Sprecherscrow posted:

On the subject of rankings, Stun Gun jumped up 2 spots this week despite not fighting in over year presumably on the basis of the performance of the other Dong Hyun Kim.

lol that owns

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
So Cyborg refusing to fight in a division tailor made for her has got to be up there on the list of things where MMA fighters do stupid things, right? At least the top ten?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

She's not refusing to fight at 145, she's saying she's not currently healthy enough to fight and believes she will be ready for March. Sounds like she had some serious health issues after the Lansberg fight.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

she'll get cut for being a big bitchbaby and we'll get Cyborg-Terry Schiavo in ONE or something.

e: Also, Shevchenko-Pena headlining a Fight Night in Denver January 28

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Talking about not wanting to fight in their division I'm surprised they got Pena to sign up for a fight.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Le Saboteur posted:

Talking about not wanting to fight in their division I'm surprised they got Pena to sign up for a fight.

She probably realized she has no bargaining power, and stomping her feet and complaining won't get her a title shot. Didn't she duck Schevcheko before Ronda got her shot?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Le Saboteur posted:

She's not refusing to fight at 145, she's saying she's not currently healthy enough to fight and believes she will be ready for March. Sounds like she had some serious health issues after the Lansberg fight.

Funny what years of PED abuse and cutting unhealthy amounts of weight before a fight will do to ones health.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
New Embedded is up. Excellent thumbnail choice there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOO6OK0tO6c

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Memento posted:

When did Matt Brown start working with Ludwig?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

fatherdog posted:

When did Matt Brown start working with Ludwig?

He moved to Denver before his last fight

E: may have been there prior to that but he was definitely there before his last one because it was a big part of his segment on the countdown show.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm going to sub to Raynad instead since he's 6'4".

Hahhaha.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Memento posted:

i'm cm punk tapping out to their hello hug

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
cerrone looks loving enormous

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

cerrone looks loving enormous

Compared to who? Is he ever next to anyone aside from his padholder and the ten seconds he was sparring with Joe Schilling?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Basket weaver is a funny way to call someone a bitch.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
Cyborg is spamming on twitter about the reasons she turned these 145 fights down whilst forgetting the reason Dana revealed that poo poo in the first place. She said if she doesn't get a 145 division in the UFC she's leaving, which indicated the UFC had shown no interest whatsover in putting one together when it clearly had - twice.

She looked at a beehive that was a few weeks away from giving lots of free honey and decided the wisest thing to do would be to give it a big old chute boxe kick.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
she said she was having issues with her health and depression and you all need to stop victim blaming.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
the only victims here are those poor cows Cyborg extracted her vitamins from

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
You're right we should give her the same leeway we give Jon Jones for his poor decision making skills and lack of accountability.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

cyborgs twitter is a publicist

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
Who shall I get rid of first, George Lockhart or this publicist who seems to think twitter is a url shortening service for facebook posts? Sorry George you gotta go mate

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gay Horney posted:

she said she was having issues with her health and depression and you all need to stop victim blaming.

Sounds like she's got some pretty serious stuff going on, maybe she should address that instead of complaining on Twitter that she's not getting fights.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Holy poo poo Matt Brown and Cerrone are fighting?! I must have forgot, this will be CRAZY

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

mewse posted:

Holy poo poo Matt Brown and Cerrone are fighting?! I must have forgot, this will be CRAZY

I can't justify paying for this PPV, but that fight alone is forcing me to at least go to a BWW Saturday

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/sagenorthcutt/status/806334507712385024

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I believe the ufc has grifted me out of my tickets for this weekend when they fired all of ufc Canada. This would have been the second time I have ever paid for a ufc event in my life whether it be live or ppv, so I guess it's only fair that they rob me for once

mewse
May 2, 2006

david carmichael posted:

I believe the ufc has grifted me out of my tickets for this weekend when they fired all of ufc Canada. This would have been the second time I have ever paid for a ufc event in my life whether it be live or ppv, so I guess it's only fair that they rob me for once

Explain

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Did you lose your press credentials in the mess or whatever?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

mewse posted:

Explain

I steal things and also get my live events comped usually. But this time we ordered tickets direct through the ufc and they charged our card, and every time we contact their guy who is now in charge of that in Vegas it's just a bunch of paper shuffling and needing to check and never getting back to us. My buddy is meeting Dana this week but I do not imagine he will have my tickets on him

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Cyborg's coaches openly stated on the last Embedded before her fight that she could drop muscle and make 135 but that would negate her power advantage.

Her weight cut issues are all self-imposed. This would make sense if there was a thriving 145 division and you wanted that advantage, but the reality is 145 everywhere is 135ers or smaller fighting above their divisions.

Double lol when you're openly calling out smaller fighters to fight in your higher weight class.

Triple lol when you sign a contract stating you'll make an effort to get to 135 and instead put on weight.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Nibbles! posted:

Cyborg's coaches openly stated on the last Embedded before her fight that she could drop muscle and make 135 but that would negate her power advantage.

Her weight cut issues are all self-imposed. This would make sense if there was a thriving 145 division and you wanted that advantage, but the reality is 145 everywhere is 135ers or smaller fighting above their divisions.

Double lol when you're openly calling out smaller fighters to fight in your higher weight class.

Triple lol when you sign a contract stating you'll make an effort to get to 135 and instead put on weight.

gently caress Cyborg

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Enjoy your toxoplasmosis Sage.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Enjoy your toxoplasmosis Sage.

Hey at least he's got a sponsor

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

mistakinder posted:

You're right we should give her the same leeway we give Jon Jones for his poor decision making skills and lack of accountability.

Cyborg has hit plenty of soccer moms and run away but as of yet Jon "Bones" Jones still has the only knockout of a pregnant one. A true pioneer of the sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I think you're forgetting about Quintin "Rampage" Jackson

• Locked thread