Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AP posted:

It was the guy in the hat behind Lando, the video guy who rushed together that Citizen Con special on Around the Verse to explain why they didn't show SQ42. I think they laid him off as a reward for being competent, it was making the rest of them look bad, but I really have no clue.

Also a senior programmer for SQ42 that was in charge, according to Chris Roberts, of the "not difficult" task of making ships dock together, land and all sorts of stuff in SQ42 left. According to moma this is normal turnover though and nothing at all to worry about in the slightest, senior programmers leaving months before SQ42 ships probably just means everything is done already and they're holding it back because of spoilers. I dunno if he was laid off or left but... hahaha, ok, I'm sure he left, probably ran out the fire exit before anyone could stop him grinning from ear to ear.

Whoa! Good thing moma didn't toxx or he would be in trouble. Stay safe moma and call your parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Whoa! Good thing moma didn't toxx or he would be in trouble. Stay safe moma and call your parents.

I kinda expected Derek to tweet about it but he's been quiet today. I didn't see the point in linking proof and subjecting the guy to Shitizen abuse for giving a nice interview at his new firm.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

tooterfish posted:

Yes. Christmas 2117.

Optimist.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

AP posted:

I kinda expected Derek to tweet about it but he's been quiet today. I didn't see the point in linking proof and subjecting the guy to Shitizen abuse for giving a nice interview at his new firm.

i think you'll find he blogged about this last july

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MedicineHut posted:

Lol at MoMA/Toast suggesting CIG is managing multiple Evocati test builds when they can't still even make a decent incremental patcher. Just loving lol. Hope the rest of his info is not based on the same poo poo source.
The very fact that they can't manage an incremental patcher is exactly why they could easily manage distributing muliple Evocati test builds - all you'd do is change what launcher build the Evocati invites point to, which itself would be built to point to an entirely different set of files. If they had a decent patch system then they'd be using the same launcher between builds which would need to know what version of what file you needed for which build, but this way you just change the launcher they're installing and bang, they're all running entirely different builds stored separately from each other on the servers.

The idea that there's any value at all to producing multiple alpha builds across multiple tiers of alpha testers under NDAs other than being able to obfuscate how much progress is being made is what's laughable.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I refuse to believe they have multiple builds, like "Oh ok this evocati says he wants to test FPS so send him the one with the shittiest flying bits I guess?' I mean, wtf ha ha

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
yeah, I can't see any reason to have multiple builds. Why not just say "John, Peter and Ahmed - you test FPS, everyone just fly ships"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TESTGamingTV/status/806259268747804672

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

quote:

Sounds pretty dire, doesn’t it? Well, this isn’t an article about how horrible my PTSD is. This is an article about how great the Star Citizen community is.

he says this but it really isn't

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

nevermind, beaten to it by a mile :D

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Traumatized by witnessing and participating in man's inhumanity to man? Join a cult! :eng101:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I sincerely thank you for your service

now get a loving refund dummy

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

starkebn posted:

yeah, I can't see any reason to have multiple builds
This is the most credible proof as to why they would have multiple builds.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I really don't want to read anymore of the brown sea's constant gushing over something that costs millions but still doesn't exist, and probably never will in the way they think it 'should' be, but is his PTSD related in any way to that time he let go of his mommys hand at the supermarket and took longer than expected to reaquire parental contact?

I'm probably a million miles off, but these fuckers have a habit of over-emphasising past, present, and future events, most notibly when it comes to generic and nasty knockoffs of video game cliches.

Also, why are they doing the "woe is me for I am hosed in the head in some way, hooray for CR to cure my debilitating *insert random mouth hole being larger than rear end in a top hat issue/pedophillia here* and grant me this magical non-existant 90's throwback of digital stupidity, huzzah"? I thought that was BL's 'go to' chat up line. :shrug:

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Lol, he's the guy that was threatening to kill me over voice chat because I didn't follow eBushido playing Arena Commander. IIRC he got banned from the RSI forums for similar anger outburst.

Reassuring to know he actually knows how to kill, unlike most of the other death threats I get.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

:same:

Opposite of bad things which will never get past vaporware, I had a pretty interesting beer recently -- Hitachino Nest's 3 DAYS. the story behind it is pretty interesting; the earthquake that stuck Japan on 3/11/2011 also damaged the company's brewery and they lost power. So a recent mash got to do its thing in tilted casks for 3 days and developed a spontaneous fermentation. It was supposed to be a witbeer, but to me it's much more like a Flemish red ale sour, kinda like Duchesse du Bourgogne. It's cool that the brewers managed to not only save the beer from the brink of disaster, but turn it into something special. There were only 8,000 bottles, and the local distributors finally picked some up, so I am enjoying it along with a nice tabbouleh and kale salad plus turkey bone gumbo.

Just wanted to say I had this beer last night. What a coincidence. I love Hitachino's poo poo though.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Eldragon posted:

Lol, he's the guy that was threatening to kill me over voice chat because I didn't follow eBushido playing Arena Commander. IIRC he got banned from the RSI forums for similar anger outburst.

Reassuring to know he actually knows how to kill, unlike most of the other death threats I get.

Sounds like a lovely fellow, I guess the mental health issues are a good icebreaker when chatting to him, or could just shout *BANG* really loudly in his vicinity.

I am a oval office :)

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Sabreseven posted:

Sounds like a lovely fellow, I guess the mental health issues are a good icebreaker when chatting to him, or could just shout *BANG* really loudly in his vicinity.

I am a oval office :)
Yeah you seem like a terrible, clueless person.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I'm not sure if SC would be so good for his PTSD after his chariot got suicide ganked the third time by a goon repeatedly shouting ALLAHU AKBAR on chat.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

frantically cramming as many expensive coffee machines under his shirt as he could carry

The Dink Who Stole Crobmas

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Chin posted:

Yeah you seem like a terrible, clueless person.

Nope, I just dont care :) War as everyone knows is an incredibly destructive and conflictive force that kills people and makes people kill others, that is the very meaning of it, if you sign up for military service then you are allowing yourself the possibility of being put in situations that may disturb you for life. It's not like I don't feel any sympathy for those who experience it and suffer the aftermath, but when used as an excuse to overpraise mediocrity then I take it with a pinch of salt as it obviously would skew the persons view on extreme good/extreme bad quite broadly.

Basically, someone who experiences a massive life changing low in life is going to view even the tiniest gain with much more excitment than a 'level headed' person. Good on him for feeling better, but personally I think people like him need proper care and not a bunch of spergs doing the internet friends thing, that can turn very quickly and then what will happen?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Remember back in March when Chris said that Craig Grounsell was gonna get docking up and running in short order, and that it was a technically easy thing to do?

https://youtu.be/ciCNkp20O7w?t=10m48s

still no docking. wha happen?????

It's really funny that he said its not a technical hurdle and will get guys to work on it. Then later goes on to talking about a flying Idris and how fun it is to fly ships in and out of its hangar when the docking functionality isn't implemented yet.

TLDR, buy an Idris!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

starkebn posted:

yeah, I can't see any reason to have multiple builds. Why not just say "John, Peter and Ahmed - you test FPS, everyone just fly ships"
Oh sure, ban the arab from flying.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Anything new happen since this new thread?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm so glad they're making the Cutlass into a Tonka-toy version of its old lovely self. This will definitely stop the legions of whiners who were sold one thing but got another.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm so glad they're making the Cutlass into a Tonka-toy version of its old lovely self. This will definitely stop the legions of whiners who were sold one thing but got another.

Is that a ship that's already made ? Or is it brand new ?

Cause either way it looks like total rear end

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Personally I'm a big fan of how every photo of development happening on a computer that's come out since we made fun of crunch-time working outside of hours has carefully cropped the lower right of the display out.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

MoMA presents some hallucinatory rambles about homesteading in the 'verse.

https://relay.sc/article/home-in-the-verse-pt-2-homesteading

At the next project leads meeting after the NMS update, you can bet that Chris was going on about prioritising base building and rambling on about all of the things he expects to be able to do on his home base.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Ghostlight posted:

Personally I'm a big fan of how every photo of development happening on a computer that's come out since we made fun of crunch-time working outside of hours has carefully cropped the lower right of the display out.

For laughs you can just see dev ptu update posts on their forums. Shits all at 9pm

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Eldragon posted:

I find that more frightening than reassuring, friend. :ohdear:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Beet Wagon posted:

So can we now finally confirm that Sandi has employees take pictures of their desktop for them and send to her to pretend she does work? For those that don't know Josh Coons works at Austin, and I'm sure Sandi will be "hosting" AtV from LA.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

Is that a ship that's already made ? Or is it brand new ?

Cause either way it looks like total rear end

e: links and dates

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

I'm not sure if SC would be so good for his PTSD after his chariot got suicide ganked the third time by a goon repeatedly shouting ALLAHU AKBAR on chat.

and once they know who he is, that's exactly what's going to happen - over and over and over again.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Im the turret that shoots your own engines in a significant percentage of its FOV.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

"Yes Mr Roberts, this ship being completely reworked from the ground up again is vitally important to the project. And no, poo poo like this is not the reason we're years behind schedule with no end to this nightmare in sight." -- no one, ever.

The entire UK art team walking out is just normal churn though, eh? Just another day in the motherfucking 'verse.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Glad it has more air intakes for well, you know...ah nevermind.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheLightPurges posted:

Im the turret that shoots your own engines in a significant percentage of its FOV.

In the initial renders of the Retaliator the two rear turrets couldn't swivel 360 degrees without clipping through the giant vision-obscuring tailfins, not to mention the chin turret that had engine pods totally blocking it on both the left and right sides lol

God that ship was a disaster.

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

TheLightPurges posted:

Close?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

It's like they actually took time and made a concerted effort to make it more generic-looking over the years. You have to actually *work* to get those results from your average SC chariot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

LorneReams posted:

Just wanted to say I had this beer last night. What a coincidence. I love Hitachino's poo poo though.

It's good stuff. And the label looks like what you'd see on like a 90s horror movie cassette cover.

Beet Wagon posted:

In the initial renders of the Retaliator the two rear turrets couldn't swivel 360 degrees without clipping through the giant vision-obscuring tailfins, not to mention the chin turret that had engine pods totally blocking it on both the left and right sides lol

God that ship was a disaster.

What about SC isn't a disaster, though? The only competently done part is separating fools from their money.