Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

how many of those guys unironically describe themselves as incels

:( thinking about the community just gets me down, time to enjoy some bubbly
I had to explain what the incel community was right after the santa barbara attacks to a bunch of people at a bar while we were all slamming tequila shots

one girl said "they should like a bunch of closeted homosexuals" and I was like yea p much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Well at least they tried. I didn't really expect to get anything - I know they were shooting for the moon, and really, I feel I got more than my money's worth just from participating in their community - getting a functional product would just have been a nice bonus!!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

and even if its shoehorned in sometimes, I give bioware a golfclap for even including actually gay, man on man romances

down with the hetronormative patriarchy btw

I agree. Even if it's small and minor, or tacked on, at least they did it. I have no issues with it. Plus, it's not like any video game romance actually works good anyway. Unless it's the Sims. Because it's the Sims and they will do anything.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

But adding gay dudes is a slippery slope to 63 genders!

That's only 6 away from the funny sex number!!!

In the future all games will just be Second Life

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

It's really only been in the last 100 years that it's changed from

two hot girls going at it: what the gently caress are you talking about how do girls have sex with each other they don't even have dicks you idiot
lesbians have a 2700 year old island named after them, they gotta be doing something right

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

how am i going to feel fabulous if i don't look at something as lowbrow as possible while drinking my fizzy booze

Oh, well if that's the goal then put that jpeg down and feast your eyes on this!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wonder how Chris feels knowing the guy handling his video editing is a better director than he'll ever be.

What do you mean by "knowing"? Pretty sure CR knows, from the bottom of his heart, that he's a better director than that loser

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

The Titanic posted:

I agree. Even if it's small and minor, or tacked on, at least they did it. I have no issues with it. Plus, it's not like any video game romance actually works good anyway. Unless it's the Sims. Because it's the Sims and they will do anything.

tbqh they don't get any marks until they show it going in

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

look sometimes we go into the meatgrinder together but its not a sexual thing we just like to be spun around lots of huge manmeats that get into all of our orifices somehow, like any bros from the same frat would do

I am enjoying this line of thought. :3:

"Bro, totally accidental! I totally just slipped in there!"

We should combine forces to write a horrible erotic Star Citizen experience story.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

look sometimes we go into the meatgrinder together but its not a sexual thing we just like to be spun around lots of huge manmeats that get into all of our orifices somehow, like any bros from the same frat would do

sounds like you got a tingler on your hands

TheAgent posted:

I had to explain what the incel community was right after the santa barbara attacks to a bunch of people at a bar while we were all slamming tequila shots

one girl said "they should like a bunch of closeted homosexuals" and I was like yea p much

that reminds me of some of the hilarious poo poo I heard after WHO redefined infertility (expanding the definition from failure to conceive after 12+ months of unprotected sex to include single men and women who want to have children but do not, which seems to be primarily a move to pressure the NHS to expand IVF accessibility). the funniest take i heard was that now all the incels will be classified as disabled and able to receive disability payments based on their inability to find romantic partners.

Ghostlight posted:

It's really only been in the last 100 years that it's changed from

two hot girls going at it: what the gently caress are you talking about how do girls have sex with each other they don't even have dicks you idiot

when i went to college in the late 00s, this was still a prevailing view. way too many people found out i was engaged to another woman and started asking me probing details about how women can even gently caress each other. i lost some friends. :sigh:

The Titanic posted:

actually the original DA had a pretty interesting romance sideplot that i thought really added to the plot, but unfortunately i don't recall it being followed up in a satisfying way during the expansion, and i haven't played the sequels. my (female) PC romanced alistair, then morganna or w/e the witch in black's name was convinced my PC to ask alistair to knock the witch up with his gray warden baby, and poo poo got weird. it was pretty arthurian but i don't know if bioware ever did anything w/r/t a payoff in DA3.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I once tried to unlock the romance options of a female and now I gotta walk around and tell everyone in my neighborhood about it

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The Titanic posted:

I am enjoying this line of thought. :3:

"Bro, totally accidental! I totally just slipped in there!"

We should combine forces to write a horrible erotic Star Citizen experience story.

I think there's a thread on r/sc about citizens' dream-meeting with Chris that already does this. Perhaps not intentionally, though.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
There aren't even women in Star Citizen it's all gay white clone action.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

In the future all games will just be Second Life

these guys totally want space second life and should just fess up to that and give up on fidelitous physics.

i am grateful to SC for teaching me the word "fidelitous."

Tippis posted:

Oh, well if that's the goal then put that jpeg down and feast your eyes on this!

oh poo poo! it's wine time.

Chin posted:

There aren't even women in Star Citizen it's all gay white clone action.

if they're clones, does it also count as incest?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

The romance in Alpha Protocol with SIE is perfect. :colbert:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

when i went to college in the late 00s, this was still a prevailing view. way too many people found out i was engaged to another woman and started asking me probing details about how women can even gently caress each other. i lost some friends. :sigh:

This seems to be the prevailing winner (where winning is bad) in most cases. Losing friends is an endless war of attrition between trying to be happy and trying to blend in with general society. Some day I will figure out the best mix and be totally cool and popular. :3:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

The janky gameplay in that game kept me from getting far. I'm sure I'm missing something great, but I'll pass on it.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

The Titanic posted:

This seems to be the prevailing winner (where winning is bad) in most cases. Losing friends is an endless war of attrition between trying to be happy and trying to blend in with general society. Some day I will figure out the best mix and be totally cool and popular. :3:

I'm sure you're already totally cool and popular! Having many bad friends is a worse situation than a few good friends. It was a good way to learn how to establish some fuckin' boundaries with weirdos though.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Hey Agent, any latest digs at what's going on behind seemingly closed doors? What are they going to show for the holiday live stream and when is chris going to play his own game since last year?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

http://www.gifcities.org/?q=star+citizen

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tippis posted:

I think there's a thread on r/sc about citizens' dream-meeting with Chris that already does this. Perhaps not intentionally, though.

I hope they all go:

And as Chris was describing this awesome system to me and his hands were going crazy, suddenly my dick was in his hands and he was going crazy on it! And then he gave me a free ship as I exploded all over his face!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I'm sure you're already totally cool and popular! Having many bad friends is a worse situation than a few good friends. It was a good way to learn how to establish some fuckin' boundaries with weirdos though.

Yyyeaaahhhh... not quite. :shobon:

But I'm happy with myself on a pretty regular basis so I'm good. :)

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

actually the original DA had a pretty interesting romance sideplot that i thought really added to the plot, but unfortunately i don't recall it being followed up in a satisfying way during the expansion, and i haven't played the sequels. my (female) PC romanced alistair, then morganna or w/e the witch in black's name was convinced my PC to ask alistair to knock the witch up with his gray warden baby, and poo poo got weird. it was pretty arthurian but i don't know if bioware ever did anything w/r/t a payoff in DA3.

Of course not. They forgot all about it and the sequels had you roll a new character. Which is too bad, I'd really like to see an RPG with crazy romance sideplots made worse by the player's choices.

You're better off not playing the sequels. DA2 and DA3 had interesting characters but terrible gameplay.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

How the hell does anyone think that's an appropriate question to ask someone? I think the closest I've got to that is someone asking me which hand I wank with when they found out I'm left-handed, and that doesn't come close to how not ok asking for exact details of how someone fucks is.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

Hey Agent, any latest digs at what's going on behind seemingly closed doors? What are they going to show for the holiday live stream and when is chris going to play his own game since last year?
unfortunately my rl drinking buds have all moved on to other projects and the secondary people that I met through them moved on a few weeks back

there's the online people but usually I don't trust them as they tend to either be: 1) huge backers or 2) insanely "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" employees

btw a number 2 was one of the guys talkin bout how awesome SC and SQ42 was and even he bowed the gently caress outta there lol

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Samizdata posted:

No, was checking to make sure I was still an outie and had not acquired a temp tat. No change on those fronts.

Nothing a Lopitoffame and some lick-n-stick won't fix.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
In an exciting turn the thread decides to sperg out about homosex instead of trannies. Stay tuned for more.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

The janky gameplay in that game kept me from getting far. I'm sure I'm missing something great, but I'll pass on it.

I understand, but you really are missing out on something special. It's just about the only game I've played that makes the "Your every choice will matter!" promise and actually kept it. A real flawed gem.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

How the hell does anyone think that's an appropriate question to ask someone? I think the closest I've got to that is someone asking me which hand I wank with when they found out I'm left-handed, and that doesn't come close to how not ok asking for exact details of how someone fucks is.
the only people who ask are the ones who want to do it but think they never could

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

the only people who ask are the ones who want to do it but think they never could
or they just dumb as gently caress

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheAgent posted:

lesbians have a 2700 year old island named after them, they gotta be doing something right
Lesbians are named after the island because it was the birthplace of the poet Sappho, the earliest recorded mentions of which are slut-shaming her for boning too many guys, progressing into decrying her having a sexual affection for women as slander, all the way up into last century where scholars were still trying to put forward ideas on how (what survives of) her poetry can be read in a totally heterosexual manner.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

or they just dumb as gently caress

Gotta be this. Either that or very very naive if the only sex act they can imagine is penis in vagina.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

It smells like cat piss and tuna! :magical:

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Sunswipe posted:

Clearly they have no creativity and are boring people.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Lesbians are named after the island because it was the birthplace of the poet Sappho, the earliest recorded mentions of which are slut-shaming her for boning too many guys, progressing into decrying her having a sexual affection for women as slander, all the way up into last century where scholars were still trying to put forward ideas on how (what survives of) her poetry can be read in a totally heterosexual manner.
don't ruin lesbos for 14 year old me, its an island of hot lesbians who are somehow all attracted to my penis ok

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

You'd be surprised maybe. Though really not too many. It's just curiosity. Hearing from the horses mouth is like affirmation of what they probably think. And I think the ones who ask are just either secretly kinky, interested in it but don't want to admit it to themselves, setting you up for the "well you just never had a good man (like me)", or just being rude to set you up with a "well that sounds just wrong and gross." in front of people to make you feel good and happy.

This is way the hell off of Star Citizen now. We're in bat country now! :cheers:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

TheAgent posted:

unfortunately my rl drinking buds have all moved on to other projects and the secondary people that I met through them moved on a few weeks back

there's the online people but usually I don't trust them as they tend to either be: 1) huge backers or 2) insanely "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" employees

btw a number 2 was one of the guys talkin bout how awesome SC and SQ42 was and even he bowed the gently caress outta there lol

drat.

We need to get an infil team and plant you back on the inside

Operation: Trojan Ben

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
please please please crobberts make lesbos IV a planet I can explore and capture xi'an lesbians so I can teach them how to love my penis in my cargo hold

tia

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

don't ruin lesbos for 14 year old me, its an island of hot lesbians who are somehow all attracted to my penis ok

This is true though. It's in our book. A big two page spread that unfolds. :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

please please please crobberts make lesbos IV a planet I can explore and capture xi'an lesbians so I can teach them how to love my penis in my cargo hold

tia

This is probably 85% of Star Citizen fantasies.