Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sabreseven posted:

(Purely out of internet tradition though, I'm not actually polishing one up)

What's wrong with you?!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

safe for pay

"amex black card" is my safety word!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

sorla78 posted:

crowfund a honeytrap

Wait, wait, this can't be left at the bottom of the last page. What the poo poo is going on here? Is this supposed to be a kill-wraithy in a CPAP mask and a ... neck warmer tube?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Wait, wait, this can't be left at the bottom of the last page. What the poo poo is going on here? Is this supposed to be a kill-wraithy in a CPAP mask and a ... neck warmer tube?

It's a fairly faithful reconstruction of how Hobbes looked in WC2, to be honest. At least if you take some liberty with what the pixels are meant to represent.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I think it is something Ben did, but I'm probably wrong.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

sorla78 posted:

crowfund a honeytrap

is that ben in a fuckin hobbes costume

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

please please please crobberts make lesbos IV a planet I can explore and capture xi'an lesbians so I can teach them how to love my penis in my cargo hold

tia

I know a guy that can make a calendar based on this.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

is that ben in a fuckin hobbes costume

its a captain btak cosplay

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

how can anyone hate pizza

what the gently caress is wrong with you derek

I don't like cheese, that makes pizza poo poo to me.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Tippis posted:

It's a fairly faithful reconstruction of how Hobbes looked in WC2, to be honest. At least if you take some liberty with what the pixels are meant to represent.

it's terrifying :sterv:

now i wanna eat some pizza.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I had pizza earlier, it was really nice, brazilianpeanutwar 1 derek 0

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i had a gluten free, fat free, vegan, zero calorie, nonfat pizza

(i went to sleep for dinner)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

LOL!! It's one of those urban legends. I don't think I said that I don't *like* pizza. I'm just not a *fan*. Big difference. But leave it those Goons to go off a cliff with everything :grin:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

whats the actual context behind sandi's look

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Phi230 posted:

Camera was supposed to switch to another camera faster than it apparently actually did.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Phi230 posted:

That would be her true RBF. It was a simple cut between scenes in an ATV. She says her stuff, does the toss, smiles, and RBF...

e: oh and actual context--she has to be near Chris Roberts and deal with the spergs thinking he is making their dreams.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Phi230 posted:

You mean aside from her believing she's no longer on camera and therefore doesn't have to maintain the act?
The context is probably that she's working on the stupidest project ever and it's not doing her career any good, and she knows it.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

sorla78 posted:

crowfund a honeytrap

hang on, was he called Hobbes because of Watterson's comic?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

starkebn posted:

Would actually explain a lot and is most likely true.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

HycoCam posted:

Sci-fi visionary CRoberts everybody!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

HycoCam posted:

Yeah, I'll accept this hypothesis. It's funny if nothing else.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

starkebn posted:

I can't think of any other reason for a giant orange cat man to be named Hobbes in a game made by Chris "Squadron 42" Roberts...

Also, if you haven't perused the "Systems are going to take 40 minutes to get across" thread on reddit yet, it's a doozy:

quote:

plus their are options of taking a ride on a genesis and have the trip done while your logged out.

quote:

By extension, if you were able to visit all 77 known systems it might take as long as 2 days, 13 hours, 55 minutes and 15 seconds :).

quote:

I'd also love to see interactive, net-based minigames.
Imagine you set in the course, and autopilot tells you it's 30 minutes. You lower the HUD (or get out of your seat and walk over to a different terminal), and bring up HoloChess. You can enter a random game (or play with friends) with all of the other people who are currently sitting on autopilot.
Stuff like that.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sunswipe posted:

Hmm. I see someone hasn't had good Pizza Bianca. I'd suggest that. Or Foccacia, which is pizza like.

Phi230 posted:

The context being she was in front of a green screen, they stopped the background effect, and she thinks she's off camera.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 8, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

40 minutes, huh? So these immense star systems will about on par with the orbit of Saturn.

For comparison, in our middling star system, the sixth planet sits ~10 AU out from the Sun. The Kuiper belt extends to out to 50 AU. The scattered disc and solar wind goes out to ~100 AU.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 8, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

40 minutes, huh? So these immense star systems will about on par with the orbit of Saturn.

And because there are so few of them it will only take two days to see all of them, supposedly.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

And because there are so few of them it will only take two days to see all of them, supposedly.

For some more comparison, I'm trekking out to a far remote outpost in Elite, and from there to the centre of the galaxy where I'll putter around for a bit. If I get a session in every day, I expect to reach the station some time around New Year's Eve, and be back in regular inhabited space by February…

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

For some more comparison, I'm trekking out to a far remote outpost in Elite, and from there to the centre of the galaxy where I'll putter around for a bit. If I get a session in every day, I expect to reach the station some time around New Year's Eve, and be back in regular inhabited space by February…

But if you wanted to go somewhere in a system you could get to most places inside of about 10 minutes, if I remember correctly. And you can initiate a jump to another system without literally flying all the way across the one you're in. CIG have literally got "fun space travel mechanics" totally loving backwards...

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Hopper posted:

Coincidentally, 2 is also why the spergs currently fuel this dumpster fire, because Roberts is making them believe the game will be EXACTLY what they want. Those who realize it won't be... feel grief got a refund.

#Corrections

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
thats my secret, btak

i always feel grief

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Does the safety pin mean she's a pizzagater, or was that a handkerchief?

This election has been very confusing.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

:frogout:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Tippis posted:

I've played very infrequently for sure, but I haven't been in populated space since May I think. I went out to the "Statue of Liberty" nebulae and from there chugged my way towards Sagittarius A.

Elite is stupid big. And actually beautiful. It's basically my podcast screensaver.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

But if you wanted to go somewhere in a system you could get to most places inside of about 10 minutes, if I remember correctly. And you can initiate a jump to another system without literally flying all the way across the one you're in. CIG have literally got "fun space travel mechanics" totally loving backwards...

For most systems yes. Except Alpha Centauri, or more accurately the station orbiting Proxima Centauri, which you reach by supercruising across the system… 6,784,404 ls (13,500 AU or 0.22 Ly) away. By curious coincidence, this takes about 40 minutes. :D

…but I'm not sure anyone actually makes that trip unironically any more.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: SHILL ALERT :siren:

Geneforge is on sale on steam for all the games for 6 dollars. It is an older game that is very hard unless you use a guide and cheat. Play through first without either. They recommend playing 2 first but I just beat the first one "saving" the awakened. /shill

Here is a man scared,

http://i.imgur.com/NYXmeLO.gifv

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

TheAgent posted:

If he actually hates pizza I think I'm gonna buy into SC.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! It's one of those urban legends. I don't think I said that I don't *like* pizza. I'm just not a *fan*. Big difference. But leave it those Goons to go off a cliff with everything :grin:

That's it. I'm buying into sc.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Eldragon posted:

Every time Bioware does a homosexual character its always tacked on and doesn't actually add to the character; Like Bioware is going through a multiculturalism checklist before release to keep the angry bloggers happy. But now that I criticized Bioware that makes me a homophobe.

Really bad example because romances in those games have always been tacked on, terrible fan service (even in Baldur's Gate), and is the primary reason why sexuality exists in those games. They are doing it to appease fans and make money because that has always been the purpose of romancing in Bioware games. The straight romances are as bad as the gay romances. They are simply adding more of them.

Who do you think writes a romantic plot for a buff, gay elven rouge? A fanfic author or an 'angry blogger'? Who do you think are asking for romantic encounters in Star Citizen? You don't really need to do any sleuthing to determine the culprit.

That said, I'm really excited for the female model :awesome:
So I can introduce my girlfriend to Star Citizen and take her shopping for space clothes... of course.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 8, 2016

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who's the fox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
I happened to stumble across Beet Wagon's awesome dog in the Lepers Colony, so I came here to mention that it brightened my day, and everything's different! And FAU is posting! My god.