Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

DangerDummy! posted:

Excellent episode of LU, but I could have done without hearing Vampiro edging for a full hour.
It's always a weird situation when Matt Striker is the one clearly trying to get the other commentator to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Vampiro is the type of guy that thinks gg allen is art. I bet he is a Juggalo.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Vampiro is the type of guy that thinks gg allen is art. I bet he is a Juggalo.

I think he actually is. Weirdly enough, Willie Mack is definitely a Juggalo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The Io match was amazing. First two were great too, but Pentagon's selling escalating for the whole episode lead to a few kinda 'slow' moments at first.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
the biggest thing for me this episode was pentagon throwing Doku halfway across the ring on the outside and her landing hard on the apron.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Those women were all really good.

I've never seen any of them before but i think WWE should immediately hire all three of them and fire everyone else but Becky, Sasha, Asuka and Bayley and just have them and the Japanese girls wrestle on every show.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The Io match was amazing. First two were great too, but Pentagon's selling escalating for the whole episode lead to a few kinda 'slow' moments at first.

My daughter, the Sexy Star superfan, wasn't paying attention to the episode at first, but by match 3 she was out of her goddamn mind. I was a little weirded out out at first too, but man did they ever escalate the whole thing to perfection. Great booking, great performances all around. I've been a little lukewarm on this season to start with, but I have to admit that the build to where we are now has been awesome in hindsight.

I'm less than a Pentagon fan than a lot of people here, but that ending has me invested. Seeing the bigheel/antihero left vulnerable is a pretty powerful image.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

With how hard he's been burning bridges, I think Pentagón's only option might be the police officer. She's immortal and only cares about winning the war, I could see Pentagón somehow making contact with her at some point (Like him and Cortez being in the same hospital and the officer goes visit Cortez but decides Pentagon would be a decent ally) and siding with them. But to be honest, I just want him to go with anyone that has magic on the offchance they revive Konnan for him to fight Puma+Vampiro.

Or maybe someone will put Konnan's soul inside Pentagón's now-broken body to get some info or something.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This was the first episode of LU I've watched this season and Vampiro's grunting and moaning while the women were fighting sure was something

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bringing back Konnan would own, but I don't know if he feels like doing TV again. He seemed pretty burnt out from all the AAA drama.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

The real answer is more like the owner of Stardom likes to keep his talent and probably offered them more money or talked them out of it

They've also started a new storyline direction in STARDOM where if you are a long time Wrestling you'd pick up the vibe they have more Creative input on.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Dark darkness dark dark darkity dark dark, brother.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Someone transcribe or recap the story vamp told please? Couldn't hear him.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ICHIBAHN posted:

Someone transcribe or recap the story vamp told please? Couldn't hear him.

It's an old parable. There's minor variations on it but this is basically the one Vamp used: http://www.onbeing.org/blog/the-little-monk-and-the-samurai-a-zen-parable/5496

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"What's that tattoo you have?"
"Yami*"
*TL Note: Yami means the darkest of places of dark.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think he actually is. Weirdly enough, Willie Mack is definitely a Juggalo.

A lot of wrestlers are more Juggalo-friendly than you might guess, because for a long time The Gathering was like the only indy show that paid wrestlers well and on time.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Okay, that episode was pretty amazing. The joshi gauntlet was great, I loved how it ended and all of the high notes/spots.

...BUT KONNAN MIGHT NOT BE DEAD?!? Oh LU, I love you for going full Mortal Kombat on us.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

fatherdog posted:

A lot of wrestlers are more Juggalo-friendly than you might guess, because for a long time The Gathering was like the only indy show that paid wrestlers well and on time.

A lot of people have said that Insane Clown Posse are the best promoters that they've ever worked for.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

My wife writes LU recaps. Check it out if you are in the reading mood.

http://breakingwrestlingnews.com/8540/beneath-the-underground-the-triad-reigns-supreme/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Fun little mostly in character interview with Pentagon:

http://www.channelguidemag.com/tv-news/2016/12/06/pentagon-dark-lucha-libre-interview/

I love this, when asked how it is to work with childhood idol Rey Mysterio:

quote:

"Rey Mysterio is one of the guys that every Mexican kid loved,” he said. “Now I have the privilege and opportunity to destroy him. I can finish him off so the world can know who I am. He can be a stepping stone.”

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

StarkRavingMad posted:

Fun little mostly in character interview with Pentagon:

http://www.channelguidemag.com/tv-news/2016/12/06/pentagon-dark-lucha-libre-interview/

I love this, when asked how it is to work with childhood idol Rey Mysterio:

Wouldn't have pegged him as an RVD fan

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Van Wagenen was on another podcast this week, and had some interesting stuff:
  • "Season 4 has really got to be a make or break for us - we really have to step on the gas when it comes to touring, merchandise, and a second or third way of seeing the episodes. Right now, if we put it out there, the eyeballs are more important to us than the money. If we can grow eyeballs, the money will follow."
  • They're planning to only tape 4 episodes per weekend for S4 instead of the 5-6 they've been doing, to avoid fan/wrestler/staff burnout.
  • Plan was always to go Mantaza -> someone for a week only -> Mundo, it was just the person with the one-week title that eventually changed to being Sexy Star
  • Io Shirai and Pentagon worked out their match in Spanish, which took the show runners by surprise, they didn't know she had trained in Mexico
  • Io had never done the finish before that they used in this match (I assume they mean the Yoshi Tonic and not the big dive) and watching her and Pentagon test it out was scary
  • Fox and Sami Callahan have no regard for their own safety and they keep EVW up at night worrying about them
  • MGM legal took a hard stance that no one was allowed on set if their immigration/visa papers weren't totally worked out, which caused some problems and changes, and is why Daga isn't around. They like him but couldn't use him and so they had to write him out via LORD PINDAR (at least for now).

via: http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2016/12/07/cmll-tuesday-mayaephesto-lu-preview-notes-dtu-ippv-lineup/

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I remember the Season 3 trailer had a clip of Daga with a sword. I didn't care about Daga until that moment, and now I really hope that gets explained or gets to play out. :colbert:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

[*]"Season 4 has really got to be a make or break for us - we really have to step on the gas when it comes to touring, merchandise, and a second or third way of seeing the episodes. Right now, if we put it out there, the eyeballs are more important to us than the money. If we can grow eyeballs, the money will follow."
Making your Itunes episodes available in more countries would be a good start.

StarkRavingMad posted:

[*]Io had never done the finish before that they used in this match (I assume they mean the Yoshi Tonic and not the big dive) and watching her and Pentagon test it out was scary
Most definitely the Yoshi Tonic/Japanese Destroyer/Whatever, because even in the finished product both in the Aztec Warfare attack and in the gauntlet match it looked liked they had trouble fully pulling off the move without Pentagon spiking himself on his head.

StarkRavingMad posted:

[*]Fox and Sami Callahan have no regard for their own safety and they keep EVW up at night worrying about them
Surely they knew about this before they got them, especially Fox.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Germansimp posted:

Surely they knew about this before they got them, especially Fox.

Oh yeah, I don't think he necessarily meant that as a bad thing, as he also said the best from them is yet to come.

LAST WEEK:
Pentagon got all his arms broke by ninjas and Catrina messed with Sami's head

THIS WEEK:
Four way matches!
Sexy Star seeks revenge!
Some Kobra Moon stuff?
Lucha!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Angelico's accent always surprises me

(edit): Vampiro apparently ignored the rules about wearing logos at the Temple

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 8, 2016

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Throwing Texano in a match is a good way to get me to not care. He's technically fine and has inoffensive matches, but I just don't give a poo poo about him and his feuds

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Throwing Texano in a match is a good way to get me to not care. He's technically fine and has inoffensive matches, but I just don't give a poo poo about him and his feuds

Yeah... he has a following among certain AAA fans. And some female fans. There was a "Sexano" section (complete with signs) at a few tapings. But he tends to just be kind of there at least in the matches in LU.

On the other hand, I'll watch anything with the mighty DR WAGNER JR

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wagner is insanely chiseled for his age :stare:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It's weird to see Joey Ryan in something of a hoss-off match, but he is pretty big dude, you just don't notice it when he's doing comedy all the time

Bryan Cage, quite strong

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 8, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I love Famous B's exaggerated bumps/selling, it's perfect for a weaselly heel manager.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

I love Famous B's exaggerated bumps/selling, it's perfect for a weaselly heel manager.

He's pretty good at working with what he's got, and I'm glad they did something with him other than just "jobber."

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I love fallaway slams. Cage is strong and big and good. But did I miss that best of five with him and Texano ending?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Glad that Cage won but man, is Dr. Wagner gonna win anything of significance on this show?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Xerzes posted:

I love fallaway slams. Cage is strong and big and good. But did I miss that best of five with him and Texano ending?

Nope, it's still going on.

Benne posted:

Glad that Cage won but man, is Dr. Wagner gonna win anything of significance on this show?

It's funny because he's one of those guys who usually goes over in AAA since he's a legend and here he's barely above a jobber. It's like if Hulk Hogan showed up in NXT and just put everyone over.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
okay, so, Sexy is the dumbest person alive

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

How many masks does she have in her desk?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

StarkRavingMad posted:

okay, so, Sexy is the dumbest person alive

Hey, now that Sting is retired someone has to take up his mantle as Idiot Babyface.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

god drat, could cage possibly do any more steroids? his thighs look like they're going to have a heart attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I think the weirdest thing about LU is that PJ Black hasn't been shown to be an actual dare(devil were)wolf.

• Locked thread