Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mulaney Power Move posted:

god drat, could cage possibly do any more steroids? his thighs look like they're going to have a heart attack.

The answer is no. He does all of the steroids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't even remember the last time PJ Black had a singles match

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

His debut match, maybe? I was just thinking "wow he has his own entrance theme complete with howls" because I don't recall ever hearing it before

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Benne posted:

I was about to say, I don't think I've ever heard his intro.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

StarkRavingMad posted:

It's funny because he's one of those guys who usually goes over in AAA since he's a legend and here he's barely above a jobber. It's like if Hulk Hogan showed up in NXT and just put everyone over.

Dude's headlining TripleMania next year and hates doing jobs, which makes me wonder how much money they had to throw at him for this spot.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Senator Giroux posted:

I think the weirdest thing about LU is that PJ Black hasn't been shown to be an actual dare(devil were)wolf.

That seemed to be where things were going but then he joined Worldwide Underground (in a role that honestly seems written for the Young Bucks). Maybe they will revisit it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Evans and Mundo managed to get good matches out of Sexy. PJ Black ... not so much.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

"I grew up with four sisters, I get it" in terms of something about misogyny. What the crap is Striker trying to say?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
PJ STYLES

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sadly, it's about as effective as it is in the WWE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey I wonder what is going on in Lucha Underground?
PJ Black hit a Styles Clash on Sexy who kicked out and then took control of the match
Welp!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well that was a mess

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Oh poo poo, snake people!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

OH WOW. Is this the first instance of reptilians in lucha underground?!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kobra Moon is pretty cool when she's not wrestling

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I was wondering where Drago had been. Adventures with a kingdom of snake people sounds like a good angle.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Oh poo poo, snake people!

i'm all in on this. lizardman is the best soul caliber character.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
BTW anyone know what's on Vampiro's shirt that they had to blur?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mulaney Power Move posted:

OH WOW. Is this the first instance of reptilians in lucha underground?!

we had Drago, but this is the first actual like straight-up snakepeople

one of those is the mighty LORD PINDAR that we've heard so much about

Benne posted:

Kobra Moon is pretty cool when she's not wrestling

Yeah, they figured out that she's best used as basically a manager/character who can take bumps like Catrina

Maxwell Lord posted:

BTW anyone know what's on Vampiro's shirt that they had to blur?

They're real strict about not allowing shirts with logos (other than stuff they own) even in the crowd, so I doubt it's anything bad. It was probably a band name or something.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

...did they just kill off their most popular character?!?!?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Charles Gnarwin posted:

...did they just kill off their most popular character?!?!?

No, I think Matanza just knocked him out to get the key and free himself

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
OH gently caress THE MONSTER IS ON THE LOOSE

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
If I'm remembering correctly, the crowd was chanting for Marty, because before the match, he introduced the crowd to his parents in the crowd and told them this was their first show.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

It was probably a band name or something.

and knowing vampiro it was probably a loving horrible band that needs to be hidden from humanity anyway

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Writer Cath posted:

If I'm remembering correctly, the crowd was chanting for Marty, because before the match, he introduced the crowd to his parents in the crowd and told them this was their first show.

Oh was that this taping? I remember that his mom and dad were at a taping (I don't remember which one) and they had like never been out of Utah and never seen him wrestle on a major show. He actually had them in the staging area (where the fans line up before the show) and everyone did a nice chant for him and also a "MOM AND DAD" chant to show their appreciation. It was pretty cool to see some of these huge tattooed gang banger looking guys going up to Marty's parents and saying "hello m'aam I really enjoy your son's work, nice to have you here." Marty's great at getting heat during the show but everyone likes him behind the scenes.

His mom was all :aaa: the whole time Marty was wrestling, it was adorable

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Azteca should have come out for this match chugging a protein shake. Dude is tiny in there.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I know it was a taping, just figured with the Marty chant that it was this one.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Azteca is cool and good

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Ahem.

Marty the Moth > Bray Wyatt.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh was that this taping? I remember that his mom and dad were at a taping (I don't remember which one) and they had like never been out of Utah and never seen him wrestle on a major show. He actually had them in the staging area (where the fans line up before the show) and everyone did a nice chant for him and also a "MOM AND DAD" chant to show their appreciation. It was pretty cool to see some of these huge tattooed gang banger looking guys going up to Marty's parents and saying "hello m'aam I really enjoy your son's work, nice to have you here." Marty's great at getting heat during the show but everyone likes him behind the scenes.

His mom was all :aaa: the whole time Marty was wrestling, it was adorable

Kinda surprising that the Osmonds never left Utah what with their kids being so famous. Glad they made it to a more important temple too.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That Wrath of the Gods sequence was some Tony Hawk levels physics. Azteca flew around like he was weightless.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That Wrath of the Gods sequence was some Tony Hawk levels physics. Azteca flew around like he was weightless.

Mantanza is crazy strong and Azteca is crazy agile

ALSO YAY MACK

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
during the first four-way:

Vampiro: "You know I gotta give it to dr Wagner. he's got that experience - he may be the only one in the ring now who's wrestled el santo."

you mean to tel me, vamp, that Joey Ryan has never had a match with el santo? I don't know if I can believe that

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

azteca went from putting some flips on mil, to matanza sneaking up and destroying him

what a bummer.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I like that Mantanza took the time to make sure he powerbombed Azteca onto Mil. Just a little extra layer of gently caress you there.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

So has this show resolved in any way the fact that its financier is in large part responsible for the rise of the president who hates its audience

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

So has this show resolved in any way the fact that its financier is in large part responsible for the rise of the president who hates its audience

for those of you who also didn't know what this means, he is referring to the producer (mark burnett) who also produced celebrity apprentice. looks like this show has a whole lot to resolve and until it does so i am organizing a boycott of this nefarious product.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

el rey network? more like el racist network. i can't believe they built their product on trump blood money.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Exactly what steps would you expect the show about luchadors fighting dragons in a Los Angeles warehouse to take to "resolve" this fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

put Cage in an orange wig and have him take a bunch of piledrivers, obviously

• Locked thread