Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

how can anyone hate pizza

what the gently caress is wrong with you derek

Hey, don't pizza-shame.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Rocksicles posted:

Who's the fox?

Of the thee? Lando, obviously.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Rocksicles posted:

Who's the fox?

Ben Lesnick's wife, Alexis.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

these guys totally want space second life and should just fess up to that and give up on fidelitous physics.

i am grateful to SC for teaching me the word "fidelitous."

oh poo poo! it's wine time.

if they're clones, does it also count as incest?

Give credit where credit is due. I, the best choice for YOUR IDIOT KING!, actually brought fidelitous to the thread. I know words good!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm up $800!
If I cash out I might break even...

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Hey there /r/starcitizen users

You've probably noticed that if you'd have used the subreddit in the past few days that leaks from the 2.6 Evocati test were present, which is contrary to a rule we implemented not long after the 2.5 testing phase. You're probably wondering what happened and what is going to happen in regards to this content so we're here to discuss that.
What happened

Just to break it down for you and for those out of the loop we'll give a short timeline of events:

Late November, the Evocati were given the first iteration of 2.6 to test.
Shortly after this clever members of the community found a way of downloading the 2.6 files through the launcher.
These files could be accessed in an offline capacity allowing users to look at ships, check out Star Marine maps etc.
Walkthroughs of ships were posted to the subreddit.
Most users enjoyed the content, however, there were some who were upset about the content.

That's the short of it. The biggest thing to pick up from here is that non-Evocati members were able to access the available content. One thing that did not happen was the posting of specifics of what is being tested in these particular builds.
What we did

After discussion coming from reports of the content here is the action we took in regards to certain posts which appeared.

Posts about new ships (Caterpillar/Herald)

We made a choice to leave these posts for the the following reasons:

Posts of the ships did not reveal any particular details of the tests being performed, although, there were some rough edges to the ships.
It was likely the leaks came from a community member not covered by the NDA (not that that is a big issue here but some feel that it is). There is no way for us to determine the basis for the source.
CIG has released significant amounts of content comparable to the information seen in the videos and pictures posted. We did not feel that any secret in regards to an Evocati test was being released.

Posts regarding specifics of the Evocati tests

These, as per the rules, we generally removed aside from information released by CIG themeselves in the past.
Conclusions and thoughts about Evocati rules on the subreddit

So it was an interesting trial run for these new rules. They were not perfect and did not accommodate for issues present in the situation above. Had we removed the content, it's fair to say that a significant amount of users would have missed out on content that is of great interest to them. So...some final thoughts following on from that:

The Evocati rules may have been a bit harsh in the wake of CIG opening up more details of the process for 2.6 and details released pre-test.
We did not plan for a situation where it could be leaked in another way aside those within the testing environment. Probably a timely reminder for CIG too.
For the most part, users enjoyed the content and generally we don't want to remove relevant content which interesting and enjoyable to users.
It's been said before, /r/starcitizen and CIG are not affiliated in anyway and we are under no obligation to remove such content. That said, we do want to make this a welcoming community for CIG and their staff.

We'd like to emphasize that the purpose of the evocati rules is to support the evocati program as we and a significant amount of users believe that doing that is better for everyone in that CIG doesn't have to worry so much about the evocati content getting leaked.

Anyway, I think for remainder of the 2.6 test, we will likely implement the rules as shown above (i.e. a general "easing up"). We're happy to receive feedback about this. I'm sure you'll have plenty and we'll try and be as open as possible through this process.

Thanks,

/r/starcitizen mod team

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5h4clx/meta_about_the_26_evocati_test_and_the_subreddit/

Best opened, <closed>(open[closed{open<closed>}]> development

EVER

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

The janky gameplay in that game kept me from getting far. I'm sure I'm missing something great, but I'll pass on it.

You and me both. I tried and REALLY tried every trick I saw for doing the hacking minigame, but I could NOT see the unmoving text. :sigh:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Thoatse posted:

Nothing a Lopitoffame and some lick-n-stick won't fix.

Yeah, no. I may be a scribe of the Stimperial archives, but it stops there.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Sundown dazzling day
Gold through my eyes
But my eyes turned within only see
Starless and bible black

Old friend charity
Cruel twisted smile
And the smile signals emptiness for me
Starless and bible black

Ice blue silver sky
Fades into grey
To a grey hope that all yearns to be
Starless and bible black

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Lime Tonics posted:

:siren: SHILL ALERT :siren:

Geneforge is on sale on steam for all the games for 6 dollars. It is an older game that is very hard unless you use a guide and cheat. Play through first without either. They recommend playing 2 first but I just beat the first one "saving" the awakened. /shill

Here is a man scared,

http://i.imgur.com/NYXmeLO.gifv

A good game, a good shill

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheAgent posted:

please please please crobberts make lesbos IV a planet I can explore and capture xi'an lesbians so I can teach them how to love my penis in my cargo hold

tia

You better have a Hull E to store all your rapecrates in. Just saying...

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Samizdata posted:

Give credit where credit is due. I, the best choice for YOUR IDIOT KING!, actually brought fidelitous to the thread. I know words good!

You've got my vote!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lime Tonics posted:

So it was an interesting trial run for these new rules. They were not perfect and did not accommodate for issues present in the situation above. Had we removed the content, it's fair to say that a significant amount of users would have missed out on content that is of great interest to them. So...some final thoughts following on from that:

The Evocati rules may have been a bit harsh in the wake of CIG opening up more details of the process for 2.6 and details released pre-test.

We did not plan for a situation where it could be leaked in another way aside those within the testing environment. Probably a timely reminder for CIG too.

For the most part, users enjoyed the content and generally we don't want to remove relevant content which interesting and enjoyable to users.

It's been said before, /r/starcitizen and CIG are not affiliated in anyway and we are under no obligation to remove such content. That said, we do want to make this a welcoming community for CIG and their staff.

Totally not butthurt about /r/starcitizen_leaks.
They are simply relaxing the rules due to open development.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Palisader posted:

I happened to stumble across Beet Wagon's awesome dog in the Lepers Colony, so I came here to mention that it brightened my day, and everything's different! And FAU is posting! My god.

Wait no, i was deceived by the awful app and it's not automatically playing gifs. How embarrassing!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Samizdata posted:

You better have a Hull E to store all your rapecrates in. Just saying...

Phoenix would be a better bargain, imo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Tokamak posted:

Totally not butthurt about /r/starcitizen_leaks.
They are simply relaxing the rules due to open development.

"im not butthurt! im not butthurt!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrivel and transform into a jar of hemorrhoid ointment

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Rocksicles posted:

Who's the fox?

That's Mae Demming.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Thoatse posted:

That's Mae Demming.

WOW can we stop docking for one day????

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov posted:

CIG are way ahead of you on that one.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Star Citizen: Kinda starting to feel like an idiot for having ships in this game

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

CIG are way ahead of you on that one.

have they hit the 'turn docking on' switch yet?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

This individual seems upset.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Er_Dova seems pretty stressed. Maybe he should go hang out on /r/starcitizen and chill out a bit.

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme
Star Citizen: Kinda starting to feel like an idiot

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/806685958003376128

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Er_Dova seems pretty stressed. Maybe he should go hang out on /r/starcitizen and chill out a bit.

huzzah for our hipster mods!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this looks like any second a third guy is going to be called in for a job interview and it will end in some weird triangular gently caress train

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

no_recall posted:

Phoenix would be a better bargain, imo.

I mean, seriously, THAT many Xi'an being trained in the ancient arts of penis pleasuring? That's a lot of rape crates. I will stick with the Hull E.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Doubt it would work. Bet some asshat trolly goon Derek alt has already started loving with him today. :rolleyes:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, no. I may be a scribe of the Stimperial archives, but it stops there.

Casual.

Raskolnikov posted:

Yes but that was yesterday. Today it's back to beast with two clits and oddly interwoven genitalia.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

huzzah for our hipster mods!

Some day all the mods will be saying "I hated Star Citizen before it was cool to hate Star Citizen."

Except for me, because at the time I was still giving them money :negative:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Samizdata posted:

Doubt it would work. Bet some asshat trolly goon Derek alt has already started loving with him today. :rolleyes:

stop doxxing me tia

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
10 for the chairman, right?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

He should relax in the bubble bath in the Constellation Andromeda, that one with the space hot tub. That might soothe him.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

He should relax in the bubble bath in the Constellation Andromeda, that one with the space hot tub. That might soothe him.

Uh I think you'll find the one that comes with the space hot tub is the Constellation Phoenix :colbert:

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! It's one of those urban legends. I don't think I said that I don't *like* pizza. I'm just not a *fan*. Big difference. But leave it those Goons to go off a cliff with everything :grin:

i think you said your wife banned pizza due to love handles.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Samizdata posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Someone do a 10 for the chairman thingy, video style, i'll buy you and AV.

Has to be at least 9 minutes, 58 seconds long.

First come, first serve.

edit : pick the av too, otherwise i might just open the .jpeg folder of foulness of infinite destruction.

Lime Tonics fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

Er_Dova is probably about a 6 on the meltdown scale at the moment. Elevated, but successfully holding it in.
Wait till they are posting on a second account and writing long, rambling posts about anecdotes and local colloquialisms involving lazy and impatient people.