Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

How many of you guys get the season pass? I am enjoying this game enough I don't think I would mind investing more into it.

I've bought two passes so far. Saves me a ton on renown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I didn't get the first one but I got this one

IceOrb posted:

I bought them.

Because I'm on a quest to fund the game entirely through micro transactions.

http://i.imgur.com/ncu8xii.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LnSBepO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bR8G7dk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dJLWwPQ.jpg

all that frost headgear but no vacation? for shame

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

How many of you guys get the season pass? I am enjoying this game enough I don't think I would mind investing more into it.

15% off on gmg if you're ever interested.
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege-year-2-pass/

IceOrb posted:

I bought them.

Because I'm on a quest to fund the game entirely through micro transactions.

:frogon:

e: VV___ :hfive:

Hard fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 8, 2016

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I bought the season one pass right before red crow dropped and the season two right as soon as it became available. Hundreds of hours and a full year later I'm still playing nearly every night.

Definitely deserve the cash for how much this game has improved over the last year.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

quote:

I bought the season one pass right before red crow dropped and the season two right as soon as it became available. Hundreds of hours and a full year later I'm still playing nearly every night.

Same here. I had enough renown to unlock both Japanese operators but decided to give them the money instead.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Same, grabbed S1 pass shortly prior to Red Crow launch, planning to get S2 pass around Season 5.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away
I bought the season pass when AbortRetryFail dragged me kicking and screaming back to this game when Dust Line came out. Good times. I'll be picking up SP2 at some point. I second the comment from a while back about bringing the Vector ACP in. Please Hard.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

If you put a Vector in this game please make it a primary weapon because we don't need a even more powerful smg-11.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

AbortRetryFail posted:

If you put a Vector in this game please make it a primary weapon because we don't need a even more powerful smg-11.

Yeah this.

Also, a thing that has been bothering me that borders on the milsim side of gaming, whats the deal with the vast differences in damage between guns of the same caliber? For instance, Frosts gun is quite high on the damage scale, higher than some ARs, but the SMGs which are the same caliber are much lower.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Me and iceorb spent more on your game than every other goon in this thread combined yet you still don't come play with us on discord, Hard. :smith:

wait a minute honey
May 12, 2006
Are the statistics on game-rainbow6.ubi.com broken? My Steam account says 353 Hours played, but the ubi site only says 213 hours?

vv Gotcha, thanks.

wait a minute honey fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 8, 2016

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Statistics on the Ubi site are just PVP, they don't include terrorist hunt/ situations and time spent sitting around in menus.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Dante18907 posted:

Yeah this.

Also, a thing that has been bothering me that borders on the milsim side of gaming, whats the deal with the vast differences in damage between guns of the same caliber? For instance, Frosts gun is quite high on the damage scale, higher than some ARs, but the SMGs which are the same caliber are much lower.

video games

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

Wooper posted:

video games

I think what woop is trying to say is that Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege is a video game

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Wooper posted:

video games

BUT MY IMMERSIONS :emo:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
All dem season passes :homebrew:

Bitching aside, i'm just happy that we did something cool enough for people to be willing to support 1 year later.

keyframe posted:

Me and iceorb spent more on your game than every other goon in this thread combined yet you still don't come play with us on discord, Hard. :smith:

Serious talk, i should spend some time with you guys.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'll probably be buying the season pass too. Speaking as someone who was proud to have not spent any money on this game until a few months ago.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Another of my fav youtubers did a great video on Siege:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dOLMI1Jds0

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I haven't bought a season pass on principle for years because the content you're promised is always woefully inadequate and by the time it comes out you don't give a poo poo any more so you essentially paid double the price of the game for nothing.

But after Red Crow came out and I saw they wouldn't be selling it any more I bought it cheap on GMG. Because I was enjoying the game so much and all the content was released I felt good about getting it and supporting the game. I got S2 as well a few days after it came out because y'all doin something right.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
My problem is I'll have the money for the $20 Y1 Operator bundle, and for Y2 season pass by Christmas. But only if I forget getting Battlefield 1, new quality headphones and any other games I've been wanting to play like Uncharted 4 or FF15.

I think at this point I'm going to skip spending $20 on Y1 operator bundle unless it goes on sale for $10 and just get the Y2 season pass and use the tiny renown booster to unlock the Y1 operators.

Whatever I choose to do, I want to help support the game. Just have to take my time and be careful since I can't work and no one wants to see me make youtube videos to earn a living.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
buy bf1 + headphones man, you can't grind those.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Hard posted:

All dem season passes :homebrew:

Bitching aside, i'm just happy that we did something cool enough for people to be willing to support 1 year later.

Serious talk, i should spend some time with you guys.

Yeah come swim with the Whales of this siege community Hard.

We sing beautifully.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

IceOrb posted:

Yeah come swim with the Whales of this siege community Hard.

We sing beautifully.
I'm having flashbacks from the extended edition of the first Hobbit movie, thanks.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'm having flashbacks from the extended edition of the first Hobbit movie, thanks.

It's actually more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ChXUChtNc

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What the gently caress did I just click?

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Fatman takes a bath in glorious seven hundred and twenty P.

Thought that was obvious.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
oh sorry i thought that was a teaser for the new polish defensive operator

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Thief posted:

oh sorry i thought that was a teaser for the new polish defensive operator

New Gadget: Ballistic Body Suit
New Move: Cannon Ball.

Allows the operator to break through walls/floor hatches like sledge but with his body and immediately move through them.

Hard posted:

buy bf1 + headphones man, you can't grind those.

But... but supporting Siege. (Thank you, btw)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Looking at the recent developments in Polish politics, the defensive operator should be a battle pope with gadget that floods the all chat with psalms in Polish.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
I hate to be "that guy" but I'd love an "examine weapon" action. I'm also "that guy" who went back to CS:GO when they added weapon skins.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Captn Kurp posted:

I hate to be "that guy" but I'd love an "examine weapon" action. I'm also "that guy" who went back to CS:GO when they added weapon skins.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Unless we start getting plate gauntlets for Rook I ain't gonna bother picking up new gloves.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I was the guy that kept complimenting how good the hands looked in Killzone Shadowfall when that first came out. These cosmetics are just for me.

Although I am so grateful for the system Siege uses. I love collecting and using cosmetics so it is super frustrating to see everything I love put behind paywalls. In Siege I can grind out the cosmetics, though.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
mostly interested in spending real life money to change my virtual barbie op's nail polish color

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Black nail polish is tactically advantageous why would you change it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Black nail polish is tactically advantageous why would you change it.

Because IQ uses pink

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Captn Kurp posted:

You're not the only one requesting this.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Heh-bah-nah or Heh-ban-ah?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Heh-bah-nah or Heh-ban-ah?
Khi-bah-nah with i as in "interesting".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

drat they're really milking it to the extreme.

• Locked thread