Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Actually, I need Taiga now for the full 3-and-under set.

I mean, I'd want Taiga anyway because she's the best, but it's a nice bonus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

InfinityComplex posted:

Honestly makes it interesting that the whole lot of them are in the second slot when third is reserved for support servants.

You can move around where the Support slot is in your party,

HiveCommander posted:

This but with Tamamo
Her last sprite looks weird, but the first two are fine

Must be tough having such awful taste!!!

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

They need to release a Taiga for every class. Especially Avenger and Ruler.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

MonsieurChoc posted:

Actually, I need Taiga now for the full 3-and-under set.

I mean, I'd want Taiga anyway because she's the best, but it's a nice bonus!

Completing the order gives you a free copy.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

Honestly makes it interesting that the whole lot of them are in the second slot when third is reserved for support servants.

Reserved for support servants by default, you can change it in the party screen (for some teams I move support to one of the back rows so I can have 3 of my own servants in front row.

BlitzBlast posted:

Must be tough having such awful taste!!!

Face it, the animations just look weird when she's awkwardly flailing around in a full shrine outfit :colbert:

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Dec 8, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wLHKS6EOko

This one's for you Kotomine, you crazy loving priest. I granted your wish.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Babylon may as well be renamed Gudako's Divine Harem. You get Ishtar, Quetzelcoatl, Medusa Lily, andJaguar Man interested in you, and maybe Ereshikgal and Gorgon too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It also has a lot of lovely timed battles.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wLHKS6EOko

This one's for you Kotomine, you crazy loving priest. I granted your wish.

It's not his wish unless the grail is filled with endless mapo dofu.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

It also has a lot of lovely timed battles.

I'm pretty sure the intent was to make it so really overpowered players could clear the "reduce enemy to half HP" condition while weaker players could stall till the time limit.

It makes sense, honestly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How do you reduce Tiamat to half hp

Her fight was actually one of the cooler ones but that's because the way her attacks work she fills up NP bars like crazy so it allows for a lot of shenanigans.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Tiamat's skills/passives, from BL:

Authority of the Beast: A
Anti-humanity skill. It allows her to demonstrate extra damage against anything born from her womb, be it heroic spirit, divine spirit, whatever. This isn't bestowed just to the main body of the Beast II, but to all monsters born from her.

Independent Manifestation: B
The skill of appearing in the material plane by oneself. Once she appears, she will paint over the Indian Ocean in a span of seven days. When she manifests, she will continue to produce monsters without rest which will devour humanity. However, her main body cannot embark on land. The job of exterminating humanity is left to her children. Furthermore, this skill demonstrates her nature of already existing across all of time and space, so it is not just able to cancel attacks via time paradoxes using time travel, but cancel out all forms of instant death attacks.

Self-modification Ex:
She uses the sea of black life to remake her spiritual foundation. She is able to grow from her normal state (femme fatale) to a dragonoid form of over 60 meters in length. Tiamat in her dragonoid body cancels out all attacks of rank A++ and below

Sea of Life: EX
The Beast II is the sea of life itself. As she is circulating the True Ether of Genesis, unlimited magical energy is being supplied in her ocean. Those who are captured by the black mud and sink into the sea will receive at random skills like Self-Modification, Bio-transformation, Bio-merging, Self-replication. When they leave the sea, they will be subjected to a geas on the cellular level with the Beast II (an amino-geass) and automatically be turned into an enemy of humanity

Nega Genesis: A
The same type of skill as the Nega Messiah of the Beast VI
A conceptual bounded barrier able to subvert the modern theory of evolution, prediction of Genesis. Having this, the Beast II gains strong resistance against the Noble Phantasms of Servants born from proper human history.

Monstrous Strength: A++
Power as a monster. This increases her own strength. Virtually of the highest level. With the black mud as her body and the form of a dragon, Tiamat’s strength is that of a giant.

Welp I'm going home now :gonk:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Babylon may as well be renamed Gudako's Divine Harem. You get Ishtar, Quetzelcoatl, Medusa Lily, andJaguar Man interested in you, and maybe Ereshikgal and Gorgon too.

Wait, you mean... we finally got the Taiga route????

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

NRVNSQR Chaos on steroids

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
And here I thought Mordred's insta-fill NP in Camelot was bullshit

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Finally a use for the Angra Bond CE. Gotta start grinding those bond points.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Tiamat's skills/passives, from BL:

Authority of the Beast: A
Anti-humanity skill. It allows her to demonstrate extra damage against anything born from her womb, be it heroic spirit, divine spirit, whatever. This isn't bestowed just to the main body of the Beast II, but to all monsters born from her.

Independent Manifestation: B
The skill of appearing in the material plane by oneself. Once she appears, she will paint over the Indian Ocean in a span of seven days. When she manifests, she will continue to produce monsters without rest which will devour humanity. However, her main body cannot embark on land. The job of exterminating humanity is left to her children. Furthermore, this skill demonstrates her nature of already existing across all of time and space, so it is not just able to cancel attacks via time paradoxes using time travel, but cancel out all forms of instant death attacks.

Self-modification Ex:
She uses the sea of black life to remake her spiritual foundation. She is able to grow from her normal state (femme fatale) to a dragonoid form of over 60 meters in length. Tiamat in her dragonoid body cancels out all attacks of rank A++ and below

Sea of Life: EX
The Beast II is the sea of life itself. As she is circulating the True Ether of Genesis, unlimited magical energy is being supplied in her ocean. Those who are captured by the black mud and sink into the sea will receive at random skills like Self-Modification, Bio-transformation, Bio-merging, Self-replication. When they leave the sea, they will be subjected to a geas on the cellular level with the Beast II (an amino-geass) and automatically be turned into an enemy of humanity

Nega Genesis: A
The same type of skill as the Nega Messiah of the Beast VI
A conceptual bounded barrier able to subvert the modern theory of evolution, prediction of Genesis. Having this, the Beast II gains strong resistance against the Noble Phantasms of Servants born from proper human history.

Monstrous Strength: A++
Power as a monster. This increases her own strength. Virtually of the highest level. With the black mud as her body and the form of a dragon, Tiamat’s strength is that of a giant.

Welp I'm going home now :gonk:

So... Lavos?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Wait, you mean... we finally got the Taiga route????

I was actually wrong by the way. Ishtar is kinda just friends with you, it's Ereshkigal who is all over you.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Holy poo poo, Babylon has the most dramatic tonal shift I've ever seen in this series. Chapter 16 is insane.

Also there's an official bug: for some reason, putting Nobu as your My Room or main screen servant causes the game to white screen. DW is working on a fix.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

BlitzBlast posted:

I was actually wrong by the way. Ishtar is kinda just friends with you, it's Ereshkigal who is all over you.

So in response to the death goddess who wants you to summon her, you instead summon her yandere sister. Gudako is an epic troll.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Babylon has been a loving roller coaster ride and a perfect cap to the weird loving world this game is set in, like god drat.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Trihugger posted:

So in response to the death goddess who wants you to summon her, you instead summon her yandere sister. Gudako is an epic troll.

Well putting aside gacha, what happened was that some priestess secretly tried to summon Ishtar since she's their patron deity and all that, but since the two are very similar the priestess accidentally pulled a two for one deal and died. As such, the goddesses picked their own vessel (from across space and time, perks of divinity) which turned out to be Rin. So both Ishtar and Ereshkigal are running with Rin as their vessel (there's actually one point when you're asked who'd be the evil half of Rin and you get to choose who to bully (IIRC it also affects the upcoming boss fight)).

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

For the people who only stick to this thread, I've been posting lovely summaries of what I've been reading as I play through Babylon on /fgog/. I've compiled them and a bunch of other posts in this pastebin.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Oh you're the fgog anon? poo poo you're my savior. Thanks a lot for everything.

e: Wait are you the fgog anon or you're reading what gets posted in fgog I'm confused. Either way the pastebin is convenient so thanks.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm not Extella spoilers guy, but I'm the dude who's been working on Okeanos, My Room lines and right now the final stretch of Babylon.

College and the general shittiness of /fgog/ has slowed me down a bunch, but winter break and I loving love Babylon so I'm gonna try and get back on track.

Also Babylon's music is so gooooood.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I want the myroom pastebin with updated servants cause the last collection was from like 2015 and the rest I had to look on tumblr and poo poo

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

F/GO.png

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Are translations for post-Orleans orders available anywhere? I found some for the first two orders, but can't find any for the later ones.

edit: By the way, is Medea Lily considered good? She seems to have some pretty nice healing abilities, and I'd be curious to try running both her and Jeanne for a ton of survivability.

Also, which of the following 4* Riders should I focus on leveling up: Martha, Santa Alter, Astolfo, Marie Antoinette? I think I heard that Martha is good, but Santa Alter has maxed out NP.

And for 4* Assassins, is Stheno or Camilla generally better?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Dec 11, 2016

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Medea Lily from what I remember is one if not the best healer in the game, she's just great all around.

For Riders Santa Alter is very solid, she has good support skills and her NP is pretty good. Martha is useful for her skills that can heal any debuffs on your party as well as removing any buffs that the enemy casts on themselves, she was my first 4 star so I'm a bit biased there. Both Marie and Astolfo I don't have but Marie has pretty good skills that helps her tank hits, Astolfo would be good but his NP gain is the worst of any rider in the game.

As for Assassins Camilla for sure, Stheno's NP is basically worthless since it can only instant kill male servants, otherwise it's just a debuff.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There's also a big TL pastebin on /fgog/.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Stheno has a unique third skill that provide strong atk up for divine servant and one of the unit for gorgon charm team.

Martha have a unique third skill that remove buff and strong def down

Both are more support than damage dealer.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Also, which of the following 4* Riders should I focus on leveling up: Martha, Santa Alter, Astolfo, Marie Antoinette? I think I heard that Martha is good, but Santa Alter has maxed out NP.

Santa Rider is the MVP. She's by far the best 4* Rider (Kintoki is equally good, but single target), great stats, good skills (Instinct is meh, but the heal is great and Mana Burst gives her amazing burst), decent NP charge. She also gets free NP5, which makes are already great damage even better.
Marie's self-invinciblity is good, but she's not really a threat on her own and without an aggro-skill she can't really tank either. Her heals are either self-only or dependent on NP overcharge, which makes her a far worse support than Santa Rider.
Martha is a good support, with her def-down skill, 3 art cards for easy art chains, a def-down AoE NP and a good heal, but she's absolutely no threat on her own and she needs someone to do damage for her.
I've never used Astolfo myself, so this is just from looking at the wiki page, but he doesn't look like much. His stats are actually pretty good, he seems to be a crit-focused servant with 3(4) quick cards, but his star generation isn't actually all that good with only 2 hits on his quick card, basic rider star generation and no presence concealment. His Monstrous Strength is pretty bad (especially compared to Santas Mana Burst), his stun is random even at lvl10 (90% is pretty high though) and has a giant CD and his third skill is random, has a high CD too and isn't that good to begin with.

I'd level Santa, then Martha and then probably someone like Ushi or Medusa, who'd probably give you more use than the other two 4-stars

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kintoki having single target NP makes him more valuable TBH and he has good crit star generation and his skills all lean towards gaining NP very well, boosting his quick cards, and a good self heal. He's actually better than some 5* Riders TBH.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

My top Riders are Santa, Ushiwakamaru and Kid Alexander, for what it's worth.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm reading the Mahabharata and the TM characterization of Karna as a huge bro with lovely Lancer luck is really spot on. Also Servant Bhima when?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Kintoki having single target NP makes him more valuable TBH and he has good crit star generation and his skills all lean towards gaining NP very well, boosting his quick cards, and a good self heal. He's actually better than some 5* Riders TBH.

I'm pretty sure Kintoki Rider is straight up the best Rider in the game for damage if you're not absurdly lucky. NP5 Single Target is no joke.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

If you didn't Grail OG Medusa to be your Rider, you should reconsider your decisions.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have Drake and Iskander, I don't need to grail inferior silver Riders :colbert:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

AfroSquirrel posted:

If you didn't Grail OG Medusa to be your Rider, you should reconsider your decisions.

I got thousand reasons that this is dumb and my surf board is one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm pretty sure Kintoki Rider is straight up the best Rider in the game for damage if you're not absurdly lucky. NP5 Single Target is no joke.

Legit if you get a quick chain going on np then he can break 100k on enemies he is neutral on weakness in, his star generation isn't as good as Drake's and Ozy outdamages him in strength, but Drake also only has AOE NP and unless you're a whale Ozy's NP is still not gonna match up in damage to Kintoki's.

AfroSquirrel posted:

I already don't care for Medusa and am giving those Grails to Arash instead.