Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

And you can form it as Iraq by becoming a Great Power. Good luck.

Get ready, Paradox, there's a contender for your crown of manifest destiny simulators.

Will Russia once again save us from the terror of a Swedish Empire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR
"Animeland"

Wat?

Also there's tons of similar games to our games on the market... they just don't have the same.. traction I guess you could call it?
edit: Going through screenshots and then suddenly "BAM SPACE"

Groogy fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 8, 2016

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
I'm "Gran Taco"

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

ZearothK posted:

Get ready, Paradox, there's a contender for your crown of manifest destiny simulators.

Modern day nation states, modern day separatist movements, historical nations and fantasy nations in the same scenario :vomit:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

So the world state is based off a completed Steppe Wolfe campaign then.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I'm the Ptolemaic Egyptian country of Zeus.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Too bad it's Single player only, would love to play Animeland with some bunch of goons.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Groogy posted:

Too bad it's Single player only, would love to play Animeland with some bunch of goons.

Animeland Vs Roman Empire Vs Zeus Vs Gran Taco Vs Indian Springs. Now that is a match for the ages.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

BY ATOMIC FIRE SHALL THE WEEABOOS BE LIBERATED FROM THE ANIME HATERS!
ON THE FINAL DAYS THE OTAKU SHALL RISE AND CLAIM THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE ON THIS EARTH!

... I think I need to play this game....

Groogy fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 8, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Groogy posted:

BY ATOMIC FIRE SHALL THE WEEABOOS BE LIBERATED FROM THE ANIME HATERS!
ON THE FINAL DAYS THE OTAKU SHALL RISE AND CLAIM THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE ON THIS EARTH!

... I think I need to play this game....
:barf:

edit: actually, :vomarine:

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 8, 2016

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Your kind will be the first to be cleansed! Vain is thy name who reject the glory that is Anime!

I think we can learn a great deal from this developer. We need some of these tags in our own games.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Groogy posted:

Your kind will be the first to be cleansed! Vain is thy name who reject the glory that is Anime!

I think we can learn a great deal from this developer. We need some of these tags in our own games.
:gonk:

Also, great av + post combo

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Groogy posted:

Looking forward to the HoI4 patchnotes.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I'd love it if Paradox had a (competent) direct competitor. It'd be great to see some totally different takes on the same eras, some cross pollination of ideas, etc.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Problem is that when you become competent and start making games not crash on launch, you are going too casual :colbert:
See Vicky 2 and the Christmas patch, game is way too casual now when it doesn't crash the first time you launch it.

Groogy fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 8, 2016

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Crusader Kings 1 was non-ironically the most fun I've had in a Paradox game and I don't think a single thing worked right in there other than that sound when you clicked the shield icon.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I really miss CK1's building screen. Glad the estates made their way into EU4 though.

e:I still have no idea why your vassals had an opinion malus with wise characters.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 8, 2016

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Nobody likes a smart rear end.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Groogy posted:

Problem is that when you become competent and start making games not crash on launch, you are going too casual :colbert:
See Vicky 2 and the Christmas patch, game is way too casual now when it doesn't crash the first time you launch it.

Your games started going casual when they no longer crashed during the install process (as the German version of V1 did) :colbert:

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

It's all been downhill since then. The old fame of Paradox forever lost! I can barely feel like a proper gameplay programmer if someone can actually launch and play the game and enjoy themselves without first having to struggle for several hours to just get to the "play" button. I'm just a big sham.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Groogy posted:

It's all been downhill since then. The old fame of Paradox forever lost! I can barely feel like a proper gameplay programmer if someone can actually launch and play the game and enjoy themselves without first having to struggle for several hours to just get to the "play" button. I'm just a big sham.

I bet you aren't even an actual hedgehog!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

You joke, but making CK1 and EU3 work in multiplayer was a character building experience.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

ZearothK posted:

Crusader Kings 1 was non-ironically the most fun I've had in a Paradox game and I don't think a single thing worked right in there other than that sound when you clicked the shield icon.

Aw man, you're giving me PTSD flashbacks. :smith:

Groogy posted:

Don't worry, the EUIV launcher is still all fucky for me. Gets weird whenever mods updates and sometimes it just flatout crashes if I leave it open without launching the game for more than a minute or two. :unsmith:

EDIT: I literally can't remember the last time EUIV ctd though. Not like the old days of the series.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

I made the core foundation for our new launcher... now I feel bad :smith:
I'm gunna blame the new fancy thingamajig's in the launcher.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Don't worry both HOI's and CK2's do it too whenever a mod is updating from the workshop.

RaffyTaffy
Oct 15, 2008
The joy of editing HOI2 save games to remove ghost fleets so we could finish our multiplayer games.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ZearothK posted:

Nice to see that Greece has finally let F.Y.R.O.M. call themselves Macedonia by 2222.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Don't worry both HOI's and CK2's do it too whenever a mod is updating from the workshop.

Yeah, I think it's definitely related to mods. Updating mods sometimes get phantom check marks like they're selected and things will crash and get weird. I usually launch, see if mods are updating, instantly quit, and restart the launcher and it'll work out for me.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

RaffyTaffy posted:

The joy of editing HOI2 save games to remove ghost fleets so we could finish our multiplayer games.

Oh god. Ghost fleets...

Groogy: Your games are also way too cheap, if they don't cost 80 bucks on release and into eternity after that, they are basically a strategy version of CoD and for babbies.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

sheep-dodger posted:

Oh god. Ghost fleets...

Groogy: Your games are also way too cheap, if they don't cost 80 bucks on release and into eternity after that, they are basically a strategy version of CoD and for babbies.

EUIV+all DLC= $290.55

(Yes, I know that you don't actually need all that DLC for anything, and that there are better package deals)

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Kaza42 posted:

and that there are better package deals

there aren't though, there's the one from like 3 years ago with only 1 or 2 of the major DLCs and that's the only option.

I guess the DLC keeps selling to the point Paradox doesn't think it's in their interest to offer a better deal, but I hope they'll bundle the major DLCs together at some point. Especially now they're not even doing 75% off sales anymore it is actually a pretty steep asking price to get everything.

at least make the EU3 complete actually complete. I keep wanting to try it out to see what's changed but I can't be assed sorting through all the old DLCs to see which one I actually need.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Koramei posted:

there aren't though, there's the one from like 3 years ago with only 1 or 2 of the major DLCs and that's the only option.

I guess the DLC keeps selling to the point Paradox doesn't think it's in their interest to offer a better deal, but I hope they'll bundle the major DLCs together at some point. Especially now they're not even doing 75% off sales anymore it is actually a pretty steep asking price to get everything.

at least make the EU3 complete actually complete. I keep wanting to try it out to see what's changed but I can't be assed sorting through all the old DLCs to see which one I actually need.

eu3 chronicles

still cracks me up, every time

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

The expansions are:
Napoleon's Ambition
In Nomine
Heir to the Throne
Divine Wind

Europa Universalis III: Chronicles include all expansions, however I *strongly* recommend you take EU3: Complete and buy Heir To the Throne and ignore Divine Wind.
Though Heir to the Throne is generally really good it also has its problems, like Magistrates(see: prelude to Monarch Points but really.... yeah....)

edit: Though just remembered that you can't have the latest version of EU3 if you don't have Divine wind and I don't remember if the latest patch fixed crashes from HttT or DW....

Groogy fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 8, 2016

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Divine Wind is a must buy just for the map :colbert:

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Trogdos! posted:

Divine Wind is a must buy just for the map :colbert:

Bohemian Mongolia....
EVERY . SINGLE . DAMNED . TIME

Groogy fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 8, 2016

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I actually hate the DW/V2 map. The grid is cool but the creases look like rear end.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Wasn't there a legion that controlled stretches of Siberia for a bit? Bohemian conquest of Mongolia czechs out.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ofaloaf posted:

Wasn't there a legion that controlled stretches of Siberia for a bit? Bohemian conquest of Mongolia czechs out.
I think they trekked through it to escape but didnt actually control it.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Larry Parrish posted:

I actually hate the DW/V2 map. The grid is cool but the creases look like rear end.

Super easy to mod out though. First thing I did.

Someone post EUIII 1.0. XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ZearothK posted:

I can't decide if I'm Cloveria, Rebornya, or Comradia but I'm definitely one of the three.