Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qQ7V-RjpwY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Harrow posted:

Are there any good Christmas-y video games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtl4RVoDLPQ

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

please embed that into every games thread or whatever. thanks

the snatcher one not the other one

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why hasn't anyone posted cool cool mountain

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

VideoGames posted:

I really like peppers.

Before playing Stardew Valley, I had no idea that people make jelly out of peppers, as if they were a tasty berry and not a ball of pure fire.

I've been trying to imagine what Pepper Jam tastes like and I just can't wrap my head around it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Before playing Stardew Valley, I had no idea that people make jelly out of peppers, as if they were a tasty berry and not a ball of pure fire.

I've been trying to imagine what Pepper Jam tastes like and I just can't wrap my head around it.

A lot of peppers have a berry-like sweetness to go with their heat. Habaneros are a good example of that. There's a bar I used to go to that had a great habanero salsa, surprisingly sweet and then the heat creeps up on you.

I have a jar of jalapeno jelly in my pantry I should try out. I bet it'd be good on a turkey sandwich or something.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I thought there was a Christmas-y theme in Read Only Memories, but I can't find it. The OST is pretty good though.

Here's a game about Christmas with Christmas music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfyqNSBsnjA

and an OC Remix to make the music a little better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSsZD5rq7M0

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lurdiak posted:

peppers are berries, and have sugars and juice in them like any other berry -- they just also have capsacin in them. usually people use the less spicy peppers, like jalapenos, which when boiled down and diluted with sugar and gelatin as you do when making that stuff end up just a little spicy. good stuff

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Pepper jelly goes good with cheese and crackers

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

MMF Freeway posted:

Pepper jelly goes good with cheese and crackers

Holy poo poo, yes it does. Just discovered that pepper jelly is a thing like, last month...

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Harrow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28TyIsCwkQo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

If you are playing games for Christmas please don't forget to rescue Santa in Secret of Mana, he shouldn't stay as an ogre for too long because it scares Rudolph.

Also make sure you save Manhattan from goo monsters in Parasite Eve.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

spend christmas with naoto

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

oddium posted:

spend christmas with chie

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Oh there's also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ftIeAw9iak

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

oddium posted:

yeah

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

I meant in the sense that bell peppers have no capsaicin, sorry, I don't know anything about what genus they belong to

Bell peppers are indeed capsicums like jalapenos, habaneros, ghost peppers, etc. All new world peppers come from the same few related plant species.

The more you know.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

Now that I'm older I realize the true best waifu is Yukiko.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Grapplejack posted:

Now that I'm older I realize the true best waifu is Yukiko.

I see you've gone senile in your old age.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
your persona girlfriend is bad !

no yours is !!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish 5 was out already

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Sakurazuka posted:

I wish 5 was out already

it is, i would know, i have a copy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm going to spend Christmas with Big Boss

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I wish 5 was out already

It is and v. good.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

boy are my arms tired posted:

it is, i would know, i have a copy

Impossible, amazon has not sent out their pre-orders yet, you dirty liar.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I meant in English you buggers :argh:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Harrow posted:

A few years ago I had an idea for a game where you play as Krampus and there's this one really nasty kid you have to drag to hell, but it turns out when you get to Santa's Workshop (which had a portal to hell in it, because he got his powers, along with Krampus's cooperation, in a deal with the devil) it's overrun by demons come to collect on Santa's debt, so Krampus and the kid team up to fight the demons. I think I envisioned it as a metroidvania and the final boss was Mephistopheles. The kid rides in a basket on your back and throws coal as your ranged attack, and your main attack is whipping with your long tongue.

This sounds like it would own

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mods rename me: Pet elf Center

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

can i spend christmas with naoto in the bokomon pet elf center

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm surprised they didn't give you a gay romance in P5.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Healbot posted:

Impossible, amazon has not sent out their pre-orders yet, you dirty liar.

lol i have it in japanese

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wR6cHwoZtM

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Mordja posted:

This is just a friendly reminder that there are currently more people playing decades-old C&C games than there are playing Battleborn, released in TYOOL 2016.

:allears:

You don't have PMs enabled so I'll put it out there that I'm down to gently caress around in C&C for an hour or two sometime.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

serious post someone find me a place to buy this

i want dat lego eevee :3:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The eevee and charmander spitting fire is my favorite part.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Phantasium posted:

Also make sure you save Manhattan from goo monsters in Parasite Eve.

I like it when games/stories are sort of incidentally set during Christmas like PE is, it's a cool way of making whatever out-of-the-ordinary event that kicks off the narrative feel more disruptive.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im on the last level of Doom and I cant bring myself to finish it because its so criminally boring. The straw that broke the camels back was when there was a door I couldnt get past until I beat all the enemies but theres a jump pad right next to it that gives you like 3 times the height of the door but theres a floor to ceiling invisible wall. gently caress off.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's been so long since I played a Pokemon game seriously, can't Eevee learn Flamethrower and Thunderbolt and Surf?

I just hatched my first one in Sun, I put it down for a while to get back to DK Tropical Freeze (jesus this game is hard) and No Man's Sky (Survival mode is so hard)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Im on the last level of Doom and I cant bring myself to finish it because its so criminally boring. The straw that broke the camels back was when there was a door I couldnt get past until I beat all the enemies but theres a jump pad right next to it that gives you like 3 times the height of the door but theres a floor to ceiling invisible wall. gently caress off.

I got bored in hell too. Final boss is fun when you get back to it so look forward to that

• Locked thread