Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

afkmacro posted:

drat they're really milking it to the extreme.

They are kinda cool though :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

While I'm not fond of the gamble wall in front of the customisation systems in Valve games, I do think that they are cool, given the existence of player market where the skins can be traded. As for the skins themselves - in my opinion, if it helps to keep the game running, just add it in. The majority of players loves to customise their characters, so who cares about glove or boot skins so long that they are within reasonable boundaries with respect to personally positive gameplay impact via reduced visibility, even though a fair system should also consider against significantly increased visibility to level the playing field for all customisation options.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Hard please put up a 100 dollar "all skins" pass.

I'll buy it multiple times.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Heh-bah-nah or Heh-ban-ah?

Hibaņa

This is the hill I will die on.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Glove custo is a pretty dope idea considering it is part of the things always in your fov.

e: VVVVV Yeeeeah used to reskin a lot of stuff in TFClassic. Client side only (or custom servers) but monetization wasn't a thing back then.

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 8, 2016

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

SatelliteCore posted:

They are kinda cool though :/

poo poo used to be free back in my day. Granted it was client side but gently caress. I'm just mad I wasn't born ten years later. I played CS from 2000 till last year where I just couldn't keep up with today's kids anymore. I would have loved all this poo poo back then.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Here is a list of unlockables and such I would like to see in the future of Rainbow Six Siege, ordered by how feasible I'd imagine they are to implement:

A comic
The character bios they are pretty fleshed out. We never see this expressed in-game aside from pre-round banter and even then only for attacking, and only barely. What do the characters do when they're not racking up the property damage bill? What is the black president lady's goal? Is there a plot? These are all questions some would argue are better left unanswered, but the guns-chess gameplay they enjoy would not be affected while other fans would get something more out of the overall experience. Siege has such a great tongue-in-cheek theme of 'protecting the free world' to dubstep while black president lady is really pitting S.A.S. and F.B.I. against themselves, but after the operator intros and situations that theme goes out the window as the actual game starts.
Intuition tells me that you could just hire out the character bio writer and the least lovely fan artist on deviant art, but if Team Fortress 2's comic is anything to go by the process is much more complicated. Overwatch is probably a poor choice of comparison since it's budget must border infinite.

Crowd-source charms and cosmetics
We are talking static 3D models. Hell there are a bunch in the public domain. Just add a goddamn fuckload. Give 1% of renown/R6 credits to the creators. This won't impact the game for people who don't care or dislike it, and will greatly impact it for people who do. Would it not be relatively cheap and easy to produce?

Skins for deployables and grenades
Why does only the gun get to have a gaudy leopard print and chibi Ash charm? Why not my drone, deployable shield, or impact grenade? Blitz is supposed to have a good sense of humor, wouldn't he put bumper stickers on his shield or something? I don't really play Mute but if he put down an actual wireless router instead of his jammer I would need to have that.

Sprays
Hire some fan artists to make some pngs. 'Smoke was here' could impact gameplay and go against design philosophy though.

Alternate Operator-unique voice lines
DBNO yell, death cry, beginning of round banter, drone, etc. This is a great opportunity for the characters to express their personalities more. See Paladins' voice packs or Overwatch's system.

Taunts / gestures
How often do you look at team mates in-game? Unless you are playing with friends other players are visually just kind of there. Of course you are aware of what they are doing and where they are but no one will over throw you a thumbs-up. Another chance for more characterization.
This kind of time waster may be against some part of the design philosophy but you know people would buy that thumbs-up emote and it could make for more interesting-to watch highlights. It would also be something better to do after a round-win than throwing grenades and tea-bagging. With three unique victory poses and hopefully more in the pipeline it's a direction I would like to see the game's unlockable content continue in.

Operator-unique animations
How many minutes has the average player spent watching the same animation for barricading and wall fortification? Would people trained in France or Brazil really board up a door with the exact same movements? I understand that all these animations would be expensive to produce, but people who play the game a lot would certainly want one for their favorite operator.

Item trading
Totally not going to happen. I imagine the infrastructure is 100% not there and Ubisoft is trying to avoid a secondary market for renown farming.

Map variations with different furniture layouts
I don't know why I want this someone suggested it early in the thread and it would be cool.

Custom hitsounds
I like hearing the Quake 3 arena 'honk' hitsound when I shoot people in FPS games. This is probably the biggest pipe dream on the list but hey, while I'm suggesting the impossible...

afkmacro posted:

drat they're really milking it to the extreme.
To top it off, the gloves are super rare drops in cases that otherwise contain gun skins >90% of the time. The ugliest are more than $100 on the community market. Explanation here.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 8, 2016

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So I unlocked Sledge last night and he's so much fun. Though I realized I get carried away with just wanting to smash everything. IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Inside Out Mom posted:

So I unlocked Sledge last night and he's so much fun. Though I realized I get carried away with just wanting to smash everything. IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Try getting MVP in terrorist hunt by smashing walls until you break the hammer.

vvv You bet!

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 8, 2016

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Heran Bago posted:

Try getting MVP in terrorist hunt by smashing walls until you break the hammer.

I didn't realize you could do that. Was in Thunt last night just sprinting around bashing walls open. Can you use it on enemies?

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

afkmacro posted:

poo poo used to be free back in my day. Granted it was client side but gently caress. I'm just mad I wasn't born ten years later. I played CS from 2000 till last year where I just couldn't keep up with today's kids anymore. I would have loved all this poo poo back then.

Skins are just a wang waving game. If no one could see your skins, would you still buy them? I would, but I don't think I'm with everyone on that.

I wish I could disable other people's skins but then I wouldn't be advertised to every round and that would not work.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Inside Out Mom posted:

I didn't realize you could do that. Was in Thunt last night just sprinting around bashing walls open. Can you use it on enemies?

Yes.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Welp. I know what I'm trying to do any time I get to play Sledgey Wedgie.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Siege is more fun when you realize that getting inside quickly is the best way to play. There were a few times last night playing bomb where I was able to get right into the objective within 30 seconds without anybody even seeing me.

The trick is placing your drone near an entry point rather than suicidally rushing the objective with it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Inside Out Mom posted:

Go hog wild, especially if you play on a console:
http://i.imgur.com/6e2HEyK.gifv

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Inside Out Mom posted:

It's appallingly hard to get a sledge kill on anybody who isn't comatose or downed.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's appallingly hard to get a sledge kill on anybody who isn't comatose or downed.

Unless you play on console.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Even on PC you can do that, but it is not trivial to take down anyone aware of you, hence it becomes a problem solely around positioning yourself properly. Some of the better opportunities for a sledgehammer kill on PC are when the last defender is being simultaneously pressured from multiple directions, or when your rusher gets a temporary hold of the objective, and you sneak around a potential roamer return route.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
trapdoors and stairs are your friends.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Go hog wild, especially if you play on a console:
http://i.imgur.com/6e2HEyK.gifv

hahaha *DOINK

Yeah I'm PC. Just gotta git gud then. I've been trying to group with goons but discord is normally empty when I get on at night. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet for now and solo queue.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Still waiting on the day we can customize our deployable equipment.

The day i can throw bright pink grenades,lay down bright pink barb wire, and lay down a bright pink shield is the day i become a whale and make that a possiblity on EVERY character.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm waiting for this on the shields:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

:same:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/806950458740838400

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Cool. I was working during those anyway.

I would think it would be cool to see characters with unique gadgets that were jury rigged like the nitro cell.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

The shields definitely need paintjobs at least. Wanna smash someones brains in with anime.

Also, Hard, please add machine guns to all the shield operators, except limit them to be held one handed so the recoil makes you spray bullets everywhere in 360 degree arc.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Keeping the 360 feature for when you touch one of Bandit's battery where you start convulsing and emptying your mag, because gently caress trigger disciple imiright.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

Keeping the 360 feature for when you touch one of Bandit's battery where you start convulsing and emptying your mag, because gently caress trigger disciple imiright.
That'd be a fantastic feature, especially if you could get a penalty system free team kills by ramming an electrified wall with a charged grenade out.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Add it to Twitch drones too, nothing like acing it during the preparation. :science:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hard posted:

What are we, juggalo bank robbers? We're supposed to be operator as fuk here. What about my vermilislitude, in this game with hover drones and a woman in the SEALS

Rectus posted:

Hard, please add machine guns to all the shield operators, except limit them to be held one handed so the recoil makes you spray bullets everywhere in 360 degree arc.

Nah they're going to be hard pressed for character ideas soon enough. Guy with shield with a slot to rest his SMG on is going to be down the line.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Rectus posted:

Add it to Twitch drones too, nothing like acing it during the preparation. :science:

I still believe the ultimate meta for this game will be when people figure out how to get entire teams to TK each other with drones during prep phase

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think what would be cool is dynamic charms. Charms that either change depending on what weapon is using the charm or changes based on your actions. Say there's a "Gun" charm that mimics whatever gun you currently have it equipped to. So the gun charm on your mp7 turns into an mp7 charm, Yo Dawg. Or a lightbulb charm that lights up whenever you pull the trigger of your weapon. Or maybe just charms with movement like a perpetual motion machine on your gun.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'll settle for basic charm UI, I still haven't equipped my new unicorn charm on all guns, because I can't find enough time to do so.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Just do it on each gun as you play a round with it.

I mostly just want more uniforms.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Koramei posted:

Just do it on each gun as you play a round with it.

I mostly just want more uniforms.

Same

Khaki Ash seems to actually have an advantage. She just looks completely different at first glance and blends in well

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

With so much of the game being spotting people right away they will have to be careful with cosmetics

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
They crossed that bar ages ago. I can't count the number of times I've died because of my bright white black ice helmet as Jager or Bandit. Or my vacation hat as Frost. You stick out like a sore thumb.

Also am I the only one that has trouble spotting the spetznaz operators sometimes? I find their camo blends in with concrete (i.e. half the maps) really well.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I really wish we had more holiday themed stuff. House should have a Christmas+Snow variant and a Halloween variant.

Also Hard you should get them to make House actually come up in casual more often than 0.001% that it does.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Go crazy with cosmetics just let me be able to loving see in or out of a window. There's certain corridors on yatch where you can't even see down the hallway because it's so bright INSIDE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Go crazy with cosmetics just let me be able to loving see in or out of a window. There's certain corridors on yatch where you can't even see down the hallway because it's so bright INSIDE.

Same with Hereford, I have no idea how the gently caress you're supposed to be able to see into the office from the hallway and kill somebody. Between the bloom and the breach charge dust and the giant shop lights it's next to impossible.

• Locked thread