Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Everyone praise Nawledgelambo, who succeeded where I could not. Seyla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sappo569 posted:

*random npc walks past the player and straight into the wall, his arm gets stuck and he jitters off into space at 5,000mph*

But it didn't rattle around the hangar, now did it? Check mate, goonie! :colbert:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

At this point, I'm certain CIG is taking money out of the hands of mental health care professionals.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

lmao I thought showing gameplay animations was pretty good for them, but it's a loving signal flag song and dance routine? :psyduck:

What even is this company any more? Its like they were founded to generate underwhelming, irrelevant bullshit in the most convoluted ways possible.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
This ATV is loving painful to listen to.

These guys are monotonically reading from a script like baby's first presentation.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Coincidentally, this is a vastly more accurate depiction of a quasar than anything CRobber has ever managed (and it's still hideously wrong for that purpose).

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Tokamak posted:

Er_Dova is probably about a 6 on the meltdown scale at the moment. Elevated, but successfully holding it in.
Wait till they are posting on a second account and writing long, rambling posts about anecdotes and local colloquialisms involving lazy and impatient people.

That escalated quickly...

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

So wait, is/was Er_Dova one of the public nutcases, or more of an insulated reddit one?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Eldragon posted:

I wish Elite was 10% as fun as that video makes the game look.

Ironically Elite is the boring carebear hugbox trucking simulator that the SC spergs are demanding SC to be, but they refuse to play Elite.

Then ED comes out with a "Persistent" mode that's a separate save and open play only. That'll show the spergs!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

So wait, is/was Er_Dova one of the public nutcases, or more of an insulated reddit one?

AFAIK he's not associated with any of the public freakouts (although I'd put my money on SC's Dark Knight lol)

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

XK posted:

It's been bugging me for a while, but how does search and rescue work?

Does the lost person just have to log in to their account, and spend all their play time floating helplessly in space, or stranded in desolate nothingness on a planet, for days on end, until one of the search and rescue players manages to find them? Sounds like tons of fun.

Batte tax.

Somebody tell me how to link gifv, I've forgotten.

gifv goes in url tags instead of img tags

http://i.imgur.com/anpZQxh.gifv

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Maybe Pre-Alpha Mental Illness 1.0 has been refactored.
If this is the first iteration of Mental Illness 2.0 the good times have just begun.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tippis posted:

I haven't seen them outside of Reddit.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tokamak posted:

That escalated quickly...

:golfclap:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

i'm a wanker, i'm a cheese lord

what the hell am i doing here?

eating pizza, not playing sc

Cheeeeeese ridin' out againnnn OooohOOHH!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

lazorexplosion posted:

gifv goes in url tags instead of img tags

I did try that, but it didn't show up right in the post preview. Just edited my post and see that it does work when posted.

Thanks, lazorexplosion.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Cheeeeeese ridin' out againnnn OooohOOHH!

thank you for rescuing me commando o9

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

thank you for rescuing me commando o9

Ham always happy to help.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

DogonCrook posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-is-fast-approaching-completion-heres-an-update-video/#article-comments

Wasn't sc partnered with these guys for clothing or something? I like that the guy with a table full of half drunk liquor bottles in his office still has his poo poo together compared to Chris roberts.
this is a pro-click

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DogonCrook posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-is-fast-approaching-completion-heres-an-update-video/#article-comments

Wasn't sc partnered with these guys for clothing or something? I like that the guy with a table full of half drunk liquor bottles in his office still has his poo poo together compared to Chris roberts.

he is also a dwarf from video games irl it looks like

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
So I'm guessing the clothing tech has been dropped? I mean it's in game here, where the gently caress is it in sc? So all they had to do was convert that system to their game (both cryengine) and they couldn't manage? Instead they poo poo out a half assed version that is ironically the central feature of the current alpha and core gameplay loop, doing poo poo to buy clothes...

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

DogonCrook posted:

So I'm guessing the clothing tech has been dropped? I mean it's in game here, where the gently caress is it in sc? So all they had to do was convert that system to their game (both cryengine) and they couldn't manage? Instead they poo poo out a half assed version that is ironically the central feature of the current alpha and core gameplay loop, doing poo poo to buy clothes...

hey it worked for splatoon

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

So, how would it been seen if you where to try to help CiG by running as many hacks/aimbots/cheats as you could while playing Star Marine (pre-alpha) so as to help them get on top of these early before they become a problem.

It would ruin the fun for others trying to play the game but is important for them to be aware of and design systems to deal with this.

So, does anyone know how the Citizens feel about this? Would it be a good or a bad thing to do?

Maybe someone with an account could phase this question better and make a poll on the RSI site or r/Starcitizen.

It's important to know, because I would not want people doing thing that don't help CiG. (Where there many hacks in the Crysis mp games? - I never played any (I've also never used any hacks but others do so CiG will need to have a plan))

Also, Uncle Derek, will you be adding flight deck dancing to LoD? I think you should, look how cool it is!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

DogonCrook posted:

I can't wait to see the scientific paper on their layered clothing technology. The algorithms to efficiently handle clothing layers would be ground breaking. I hope it wasn't all just something in crobbler's head.

Like, duh, just make the clothing not clip through each other. How hard could that be?

Just do it!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Kosumo posted:

So, how would it been seen if you where to try to help CiG by running as many hacks/aimbots/cheats as you could while playing Star Marine (pre-alpha) so as to help them get on top of these early before they become a problem.

It would ruin the fun for others trying to play the game but is important for them to be aware of and design systems to deal with this.

So, does anyone know how the Citizens feel about this? Would it be a good or a bad thing to do?

Maybe someone with an account could phase this question better and make a poll on the RSI site or r/Starcitizen.

It's important to know, because I would not want people doing thing that don't help CiG. (Where there many hacks in the Crysis mp games? - I never played any (I've also never used any hacks but others do so CiG will need to have a plan))

Also, Uncle Derek, will you be adding flight deck dancing to LoD? I think you should, look how cool it is!

http://wallhax.com/hacks/star-citizen-hack/

Also lol

https://forum.aimjunkies.com/f32/hack-star-citizen-87904/

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyWqCew1g-A

lovely crowdfunded closed development obvious hacks Warhorse Studios continue to show "progress" on their "game" that is currently in an "alpha state" where all of the intended games features are "implemented". Notable pieces of information include a dramatic three and a half hours of motion capture for a single player narrative game (it took them a whole month), numerous examples of where ambitious features had to be cut for the interest of gameplay, and artists being tasked with the alien concept of "optimization".

Clearly a scam.

Wow, those guys don't know anything about game development.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

DogonCrook posted:

Yes, CIG is after the "layering" clothing tech they have developped for Cryengine. Apparently some peon told the lord roberts that cloth layers could not be done in SC due to how starengine was designed. crobberts pointed to Warhorse and said "If they can do it, so can we" and thus the starmarine code was forked again and pushed back another 6 month...

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Gradis posted:

I love pickled beetroot in a sandwich. Plus i like adding crisps (or for chips)

We have crisps in America. Back when Pringles were first introduced, Frito-Lay took them to court over their ability to label their snack as "chips" and they won. Pringles and other potato snacks that are mushed and pressed into shape are crisps. Natural cut potatoes are chips. :eng101:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Spend several dollars to wreck everyone, or spend several hundred to get a piece of poo poo space ship. I guarantee CIG is nowhere near being capable of having any kind of anti-cheat technology in place, and it's likely on the priority list just before custom servers. I doubt they even have the employee talent to do anything about high level cheating involving network sniffing or code injection.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

XK posted:

Spend several dollars to wreck everyone, or spend several hundred to get a piece of poo poo space ship. I guarantee CIG is nowhere near being capable of having any kind of anti-cheat technology in place, and it's likely on the priority list just before custom servers. I doubt they even have the employee talent to do anything about high level cheating involving network sniffing or code injection.

You're probably very much correct, considering the amount of leaks they've had due to insecure network protocols and URLs

And plus cryengine is such a mature engine at this point there has to be 100s of different ways to hack it up , being no one ever used it as a serious competitive fps before no one will give a poo poo about keeping it secure either.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyWqCew1g-A

lovely crowdfunded closed development obvious hacks Warhorse Studios continue to show "progress" on their "game" that is currently in an "alpha state" where all of the intended games features are "implemented". Notable pieces of information include a dramatic three and a half hours of motion capture for a single player narrative game (it took them a whole month), numerous examples of where ambitious features had to be cut for the interest of gameplay, and artists being tasked with the alien concept of "optimization".

Clearly a scam.

i didn't see anybody mo-capping a mop and bucket. point cig

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
That flight deck dance crew looks really, really bad. I'm genuinely flabbergasted that this was supposedly mocapped? It looks terrible. And you know, part of it is that none of these models have any weight to them, they kind of just float around.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I love the the more CIG releases the worse it looks. Not only does the game run shittier than last year everything they crap out just shows the complete lack of creativity or talent from Croberts and crew.

Blatantly rip off better franchises, show no ideas or innovation about how things might work hundreds of years from now, quality that would be embarrassing for tiny studios to release in a fraction of the time.

Star Marine is worse than what Ilfonic showed in basically every possible way.

Polished games like Infinite Warfare and ME:Andromeda are being released and all CIG has for their magnum opus, Due November 2014, is this lovely hanger scene .

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Obviously, this finally proves that SC is a better game than E:D, since apparently there is no wallhack/aimbot on offer for that game and that can only mean that there is no interest in it.

Also, am I reading that right: are they promising ship combat aimbots? So much for an advanced flight model. :cawg:

Exinos posted:

Polished games like Infinite Warfare and ME:Andromeda are being released and all CIG has for their magnum opus, Due November 2014, is this lovely hanger scene .

Nuh-uh. What they have is pre-vis of a lovely hangar scene. Stop spreading FUD, goonie! :colbert:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Evil_Greven posted:

This ATV is loving painful to listen to.

These guys are monotonically reading from a script like baby's first presentation.

Photoshop masters, there's a horse-driven cart somewhere missing its two straw-hat bumpkins.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eldragon posted:

You must also really hate Star Wars.

Naw they only have one dude with those glowy wands.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

It's the result of the 3/11/2011 earthquake in Japan also striking Hitachino's brewery. They had a new mash just before the quake struck. The damage led to a 3-day power outage, and the casks of mash were all tilted at an angle, so the mash entered spontaneous fermentation. I think the original intention was a witbier, but what they wound up with has the look and feel of a sour Flemish red ale. The brewery was able to make 8,000 bottles of this disaster beer -- it's pretty interesting if you like the sour style. Spicy, sweet n sour, with some red fruit tang. It's pretty cool that the brewery was able to claw something worthwhile out of their misfortune.

That sounds amazing, but it also sounds impossible to get.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Naw they only have one dude with those glowy wands.

…and with that kind of hangar clutter, I rather expect it to be tricky to parallel-park your X-wing without his help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What's the parking sensor for, then?