Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Truth Quark posted:

The answer is that neither of us really cared. I still don't.

You're a town who doesn't care if they get mislynched or not. That's real strong town play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

tpink posted:

You're a town who doesn't care if they get mislynched or not. That's real strong town play.

caring is for scums

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was on GHGD earlier, I'm just running with that. It's entirely possible I missed something about evolutions or whatever in the several hundred posts I have to skim through every morning, but GHGD looked worse to me for the "I have information vital to this that I'll save for later" poo poo

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I don't have to be alive to win as town

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Retro Futurist posted:

I was on GHGD earlier, I'm just running with that. It's entirely possible I missed something about evolutions or whatever in the several hundred posts I have to skim through every morning, but GHGD looked worse to me for the "I have information vital to this that I'll save for later" poo poo

"I am scum and want to lynch an evolved player before he can use whatever he got"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd also go for Met, he hasn't done anything to make me feel better about him. Not really feeling Tobbs as scum, that seems a bit trumped up

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:shrug: ##vote Quark Ok, I guess that makes more sense

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Not to mention, tpink, that my lynch will lead to people scrutinizing scumbos like you who don't want to have to deal with killing us at night and making the other a confirmed town player for at least one day phase.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Truth Quark posted:

I don't have to be alive to win as town

You going "just lynch me fine whatever" is not helping town win if you are, in fact, town.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

tpink posted:

You going "just lynch me fine whatever" is not helping town win if you are, in fact, town.

Ok scumbo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Yep, opop's being scummy.

"What's that, there's momentum on lynching someone in the claimed confirmed town masonry? Let's get this rolling!"

##vote opop

Friendship breadcrumb, claims, the riskiness of scum pulling the gambit, and ghgd's type being consistent with awarded points all contribute to him having a very high likelihood of telling the truth. I think we can actually lynch scum today.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

"What's that, there's momentum on lynching someone in the claimed confirmed town masonry? Let's get this rolling!"

Yeah that's basically my thought process. I've been on them since all this started though, it's not like I'm going after them specifically for being masons

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Dont do the scums work by lynching the masonry idiots

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I prefer RF to Met

##vote RF

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok cool I guess I'm going to be the 11th hour switch to town for today.

Enjoying watching votes quickly pile up on me that nobody reviews tomorrow

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Orrrr you might try playing the game and putting some thoughts down?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

When didn't I? I've been pushing this mason claim for 2 days and I've spoken about a few other people in the course of the game. I know it's easy to target me for lurking or being low effort or whatever in general but I've actually done stuff this time

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

help me dunk Fake Bird instead for a "case" based entirely on a theory that there are too many bug types

i am the bird posted:

two items related to buggery:

1) earlier in the game, Met was operating on the idea of dual types before being called on it and said he just assumed that was the case before rereading his role PM, which is either a DB-style bad misread or a DB-style caught-in-a-lie situation

2) slasher is a claimed bug in a game where, based on current type claims/flips, it seems unlikely that there would be more than 3 of the same type. if changing your type seems more like a scum ability, then slasher is the obvious lynch to test that theory. we also have reason to believe that type != alignment so the idea of there being 1 bug town, 1 bug scum, and 1 bug 3P would be plausible. and this is just setup speculation but I could also see the bug-killer 3P needing to kill a bug from each faction. lynching slasher also provides more detail re: the earlier double post push with Tobbs.

Therefore, since you people won't lynch a loving liar, I'm changing to ##vote Slasher because he's scummy and would be the most useful flip for information

the other lazy bullshit part is that the "double post" with Tobbs is the only thing quoted. If someone wanted to make a genuine case against me there's other stuff they could use but this is just a super low effort attempt

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I feel that scum have been looking for low effort ways to pick people off but have been thwarted a few times. Truth Quark on D1 would have been easy for them but they backed off after the mason claim. They moved to Taste who was easy to sell as a lurker lynch.

Today they've had a go at Met for fishing, then DB messed up his claim but didn't generate a lot of momentum, so now they're wandering around a bit looking for someone else and hoping people go back to Met. They've been happy to float me and tobbs out there a little bit but their hearts just aren't in it.

I don't know why RF keeps coming back to TQuark and ignoring just about everything else

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Retro Futurist posted:

When didn't I? I've been pushing this mason claim for 2 days and I've spoken about a few other people in the course of the game. I know it's easy to target me for lurking or being low effort or whatever in general but I've actually done stuff this time

I don't buy every aspect of your case on the masons but the fact is that if they're scum and we all buy their mason claim without questioning it and/or testing it, we're in trouble. I don't think that in and of itself it's scummy on your behalf to continue to highlight that point.

Also, did I miss clarification on when the deadline is or do we still not know?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I prefer RF to Met

##vote RF

Someone messed with your vote or something. Maybe votefinder is being weird, but yeah... your still voting bird apparently.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

IllegallySober posted:

I don't buy every aspect of your case on the masons but the fact is that if they're scum and we all buy their mason claim without questioning it and/or testing it, we're in trouble. I don't think that in and of itself it's scummy on your behalf to continue to highlight that point.

Did something go wrong here or is my brain going? I can't parse this

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Retro Futurist posted:

Did something go wrong here or is my brain going? I can't parse this

I was trying to multi-task, sorry. I'll try again.

Mafia edit below:

IllegallySober posted:

I don't buy every aspect of your case, but the fact is that if the mason pair is scum and we all buy their claim without questioning it and/or testing it, we're in trouble. I don't think that it's scummy on your behalf to continue to highlight that and based on that point, I don't like the votes on you.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Alternatively, my brain and/or your brain really could be going. It's been a long day. :(

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

Someone messed with your vote or something. Maybe votefinder is being weird, but yeah... your still voting bird apparently.

##unvote for now to be safe

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

if you think the claimed masons are scum vote them

"testing the claim" is not a good reason to vote them today

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

help me dunk Fake Bird instead for a "case" based entirely on a theory that there are too many bug types

the other lazy bullshit part is that the "double post" with Tobbs is the only thing quoted. If someone wanted to make a genuine case against me there's other stuff they could use but this is just a super low effort attempt

nowhere did I suggest my case was flawless but I've mentioned before that you have a pattern of suspicious behavior (as you yourself apparently are admitting here)

also, you're case on me literally boils down to "no you" so I don't know what to tell you

Dunno if I'm down with voting Met anymore and I'm annoyed that our other options are basically lurker lynches

Reading through again. Votefinder is wonky for me so I'm trying to look at yesterday's lynch for stuff

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

if you think the claimed masons are scum vote them

"testing the claim" is not a good reason to vote them today

I'll agree with this that I see no reasonable argument against the claimed masons at the moment

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

also oh no I used the wrong your, please lynch me now for idiocy

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

##unvote for now to be safe

votefinder is being fucky, still says you vote bird.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

votefinder is being fucky, still says you vote bird.

it also says no deadline

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Made a post for if I got a couple more votes, but meh. I'll just link back to it when a low-content poster tried to hop on the easy vote. It's a little out of the blue but I didn't want to have to describe why someone was an idiot with very little time to do so.

-

Please re-read.

Met posted:

If I can figure out what type/pokemon you are by your hints and/or slips, the scum can too and it only takes one of them figuring it out to let the others know in the scumdoc. There's no reason for me not to reveal people when I figure it out because I don't know someone else isn't doing the same. We should operate with as much information as possible because the scum surely are and it's the only thing that gives them the advantage.

^ If the information is out there already, it should be made public knowledge because the scum likely know it already and will be using it against you. Information and a nightkill is the advantage they have over town.

Met posted:

and if people had some standards on when it's okay to nominate, the people who insta-chose someone on shaky ground would have been suspect. But critical thinking isn't valued here. In fact, it's discouraged by some people in particular.

You're suggesting whoever happens to be online should instant-nominate people because it's more likely they will be town. That's terrible reasoning because there's no reason they would make a good informed choice. Working things out together is the way to go.

Met posted:

That's EXACTLY why there needs to be discussion and instant-nominations should be discouraged as scummy. If the Mafia just plan to be online when the challenge is likely to occur, like it was planned for D1, they could easily pick and choose who they want for their purposes. What do you think is happening when nominate quickly without discussion, say there's no point in working together, and make people like you think it's okay? You are being manipulated against your own interests as town.

^ Think things through. Don't let other people make decisions for you and make you think it's okay because it's not a typical mafia mechanic.

These aren't the posts of scum. Scum don't tell you to work cohesively and think about decisions together rather than rushing into them.

Also, just reminding everyone I was jailed last night. So I'm not the mafia kill performer at the very least. It's a small thing but maybe someone has other information they can use in conjunction with that that helps confirm me. I wouldn't blab and reveal yourself though unless it's something that leads to a scum.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
This post was tacked onto the last post but I don't want it drawing attention away from the message in it.

People who I think post low-content posts or make really suspicious decisions:

• SirSamVimes: Just read his post history. I can divide my screen in half with my hand and only one post crosses the halfway mark. Very low content. The only thing he's been doing is pushing me why is way too god damned easy. Other than me, he's made a single post about Tobbs and a disgruntled resignation about voting for Fisk.

• give head or get dead

Met posted:

Where are you this game? You're not doing anything, you're just letting things happen around you and jumping on bandwagons whenever you can. You gave that really suspicious "I have important information! I'll share it in the morning... ... ... We're masons." and ever since you don't really participate.
    Mason is a brazen claim. If anyone sees them do anything at night it instantly disproves it. But hey, someone had the bright idea of letting him evolve so now he'll claim he got a new ability if someone sees him do something at night. I'm really not sure I buy it. Town has some PRETTY weak powers flipped so far... a lot of vanillas. Having a couple masons doesn't help that. It's not just setup speculation though, it's that on top of the shaky reveal and low content. You've already claimed mason. There's no reason not to be fully engaged in this unless you're worried about being picked apart.

• IllegallySober: Lowest postcount in the thread. He just comes off as someone whose afraid to stick his neck out there. He also defended me at one point and I just find that pretty suspect because I don't feel like he's in this enough to come to that conclusion. Everyone else seems to have an easy enough time calling me scum.

• SLASHER HAWKE

The way he phrases things makes me think he's Mafia, but I've not had enough to make a great case.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I feel that scum have been looking for low effort ways to pick people off but have been thwarted a few times. Truth Quark on D1 would have been easy for them but they backed off after the mason claim. They moved to Taste who was easy to sell as a lurker lynch.

Today they've had a go at Met for fishing, then DB messed up his claim but didn't generate a lot of momentum, so now they're wandering around a bit looking for someone else and hoping people go back to Met. They've been happy to float me and tobbs out there a little bit but their hearts just aren't in it.

This sounds like a guy who knows I'm town. The grammar supports it. Scum are having a go at me for fishing, which implies he knows I'm not scum but he's thinking about the future when he might want to go after people who went after me. and it's not just me, he treats DB, TQ, and Tobbs that way.

• tpink, opop, stickup: All bland and not nearly getting picked apart enough for it.

I really think we should stop indulging Kashuno for Gyms. In fact, I think spreading out evolutions would be beneficial for town overall since we've had a flip and claim of Vanilla with abilities that only come after evolution. Now that we only evolve with 1 xp we can spread some abilities around more quickly. I don't think many of the scum are going to evolve, but even if they do, the benefit of getting more townies some abilities is worth it. I recommend Bird and myself for getting some xp since we already claimed we evolve. I think Dick might evolve too but he didn't outright say it. A lot of people haven't said if they evolve or not but you might want to bring it up by the next gym. We need less of this "Hey, just pick me!" and more "Pick me, I evolve and will be able to do more at night because of it." Remember that evolutions are announced.

I really think nominations should happen by people announcing their point value and whether they're going to evolve. We'll take type into consideration but the goal should be to get enough points to complete the gym and get as much XP around to people who evolve.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I think Met is town. I have him in blue on my spreadsheet right now.

DB, GHGD, Inf, and TQuark are also in blue.

This can change. Tobbs was in blue but I removed that after the present begging.

Kash is in yellow.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
What are your reasons for thinking Met is town?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Truth Quark posted:

What are your reasons for thinking Met is town?

I think his discussion about the info and nominations was genuine.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Two things really quickly:

Met posted:

[*]IllegallySober: Lowest postcount in the thread. He just comes off as someone whose afraid to stick his neck out there. He also defended me at one point and I just find that pretty suspect because I don't feel like he's in this enough to come to that conclusion. Everyone else seems to have an easy enough time calling me scum.

I've covered the post count thing already and I'm working on being more present here. But even if I haven't posted as much as others I don't know why in your mind it would be a mark against me for defending you. I've read everything, even if it was a little late.

This, though:

quote:

Now that we only evolve with 1 xp we can spread some abilities around more quickly.

This was not how I read the result of the challenge. I thought the challengers in that particular gym took one less XP to evolve, not that ALL of us now took one less XP to evolve.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I don't disagree with the rest of your post/posts, just clarifying that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like how you accuse me of chasing an "easy" case and then basically try to push a lurker lynch on me. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Let's vote out SSV tonight. He only shows up for low hanging fruit or to defend himself. My vote is already on him.

• Locked thread