Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Detective No. 27 posted:

What's the pizza like in the Japanese Costco? As I understand it, there is barely any cheese in Japan.

Its rice cake with eel for toppings and squid ink for sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I don't think I've seen Pub Mix in the Japanese version.

Actually the Costco here seems like it'd be really unpopular due to the large sizes and necessity of a car but against all stereotypes of Japanese tastes it's incredibly popular. The sizes seem to be similar to the American ones although they're a bit more expensive. I suppose it's mainly for families with houses or people with larger flats to store it all, I used to go by train but it was a miserable experience so now I just rent a car once a month and stock up.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

I noticed these at my local regular grocery store; they were $99 (!!!!) but would get you 20c off a gallon of gas. Soooo sofffft.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Anderron Shi posted:

Do the Japanese individuals share our fancy for pub mix?

My Costco stopped selling this over a year ago and I'm furious

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Bought a mega pack of toilet paper.

I can crap for years

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Tried the two pack of flatbreads in the prepared foods section (was new at my local Costco), one is barbecue chicken (chicken breast, cheddar, red onion, barbecue sauce) and the other is pesto meatball (meatballs, mozzarella, tomato slices & sauce, pesto.)

Barbecue sauce was too sweet, meatball half was surprisingly good. Would only buy again if they changed the sauce or if I could talk someone behind the counter into making me one with two of the meatball variety.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They still have $1.50 hot dogs that make you burp for days?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Seashell Salesman posted:

I live in the actual Kirkland, like from the pictures on the packaging. AMA.

Are you white, have 1+ roommates but still can't afford anything, and work at a call/service center or any temp agency whatsoever?

I lived in Kirkland for a few years.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They still have $1.50 hot dogs that make you burp for days?

No just the regular ones, but they still cost $1.50.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i went to Trader Joes (TJs) tonight. :downsa:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Super Waffle posted:

Bought a mega pack of toilet paper.

I can crap for years

i buy one of these like 4 times a year. charmin, natch, only the best for my bung. if i didnt live with a FEMALE i could probably stretch that to once or twice a year

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Chinatown posted:

whats your favorite ethnic trader brand

I am partial to trader giotti's. trader joses is alright too

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chinatown posted:

more like TRAITOR joes imo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

thathonkey posted:

i buy one of these like 4 times a year. charmin, natch, only the best for my bung. if i didnt live with a FEMALE i could probably stretch that to once or twice a year

Went shopping at Costco a few months ago and there was only a thirty cent difference between the Kirkland regular toilet paper and the Charmin ultra soft two-ply with twice as many rolls. It was amazing.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Chinatown posted:

did you get me those chili spiced mangos

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gorman Thomas posted:

did you get me those chili spiced mangos

nah i got some Secchi Salame (the best), milk, a few frozen things, and a swing top bottle of ginger beer (for burbon). And a bag of really tart dried california apricots that are basically natural sour candy. :cool:

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Detective No. 27 posted:

Went shopping at Costco a few months ago and there was only a thirty cent difference between the Kirkland regular toilet paper and the Charmin ultra soft two-ply with twice as many rolls. It was amazing.

One day you'll realize it's because they just wrap Charmin really loosely on the spool so it 'feels soft', which means you get less paper and the rolls don't last near as long.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

JnnyThndrs posted:

One day you'll realize it's because they just wrap Charmin really loosely on the spool so it 'feels soft', which means you get less paper and the rolls don't last near as long.
Yeah don't buy the charmin. You get much much more bang for the buck with the Costco tp and it's like wiping your fat goony hemmeroided rear end with silk too

Insensitive
Aug 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
just lol if you're not wiping your rear end with the finest 4-ply wild mongolian cashmere tp

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I do the butt floss thing with a fine chamois.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I've been Aldi shopping

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
Gross.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
My roommate made cookies from a bucket of Costco cookie dough last night. They were okay.

Also Aldi is great with better prices then Costco you bourgeois

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xaris posted:

Yeah don't buy the charmin. You get much much more bang for the buck with the Costco tp and it's like wiping your fat goony hemmeroided rear end with silk too

Can confirm. It's excellent. I was skeptical at first, but it was easy on the ol' butt.

Doctor J Off posted:

My roommate made cookies from a bucket of Costco cookie dough last night. They were okay.

Also Aldi is great with better prices then Costco you bourgeois

The Aldi near me is about the size of convenience store.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So is mine but I get everything I need there. The Germans are very efficient people

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Can confirm. It's excellent. I was skeptical at first, but it was easy on the ol' butt.

trader joes stores are always too small as well and they are owned by the same company, its some kind of psychological tactic

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Xaris posted:

Charmin red is good, it's charmin blue that's bad. Unfortunately, costco doesn't always carry the red so it's one of those intermittently available items

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Charmin red is good, it's charmin blue that's bad. Unfortunately, costco doesn't always carry the red so it's one of those intermittently available items

Much like in 4oK Green Iz Best!

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
What kind of pathetic invalid do you need to be to seek out and purchase toilet paper marketed towards sensitive babies?
Does it wipe my rear end and not fall apart? Pass!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Math You posted:

What kind of pathetic invalid do you need to be to seek out and purchase toilet paper marketed towards sensitive babies?
Does it wipe my rear end and not fall apart? Pass!

Thid id why Charmin red aka Charmin extra strong is the best charmin

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
soft toilet paper is trash hth

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
lol if you dont use a wetwipe to finish

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

AEMINAL posted:

lol if you dont use a wetwipe to finish

lol if you do. Sandpaper status TP or bust.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoKGm-XCkDI

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
I used to work at Costco.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
goons just cannot stop talking about how their rear end wiping preferences when i can assure you nobody cares at all im going to keep buying the same toilet paper i have for years because i dont have a defective brain and butthole

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

goons just cannot stop talking about how their rear end wiping preferences when i can assure you nobody cares at all im going to keep buying the same toilet paper i have for years because i dont have a defective brain and butthole

You have a defective brain if you're not using a bidet and flushable baby wipes.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

thathonkey posted:

I care.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I flush multiple wipes at once idgaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Flushable baby wipes aren't actually flushable and will clog your pipes