Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
smdh look at all these poor saps who can't enjoy hunky dwarf man adventures against cool dragons voices by Doctor Sherlock Strange

Parse that sentence for a second and you'll know I'm right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Reinanigans posted:

smdh look at all these poor saps who can't enjoy hunky dwarf man adventures against cool dragons voices by Doctor Sherlock Strange

Nope, they're real bad.

Like maybe if they had stuck to two movies they would have been okay.

Or god, just made a single movie.

But no, they had to make it a trilogy because that is the cool thing to do and they were all bad.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Reinanigans posted:

Too bad about the writing, cinematography, special effects, and directing. But that's okay, it looks really cool. Not like anyone who watches it could compare it to a much better trilogy set in the same world starring several of the same actors.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

edit: blah, just posted some salt.

Green Lantern's never gonna get another season because it told a full story and the fans didn't send enough death threats to people. :smith:
Green Lantern Animated sold too few toys because retailers were still bummed over the disaster that was the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern movie.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That show was great, and there were so many routes they could have taken with another season, like less Lantern Corps. stuff and more classic GL villains.

Oh well. JL: Action looks like a spiritual successor to Brave and the Bold, so there's some justice (ha!) in the world.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
An interesting aspect of the Green Lantern show was that the Green Lanterns did not patrol the whole Universe. One thing that always bugged me about the Green Lantern comics is that the Universe is a bit too vast for 7,000 or so Lanterns to patrol. Astronomers now estimate that there could be as many as 2 trillion galaxies in the Universe, which means Hal has over 500 million galaxies in his own sector (but all the Universe-shaking poo poo seems to center on Earth anyway). So either the Corps should be expanded to trillions of GLs or the Guardians just rule our own galaxy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurzon posted:

An interesting aspect of the Green Lantern show was that the Green Lanterns did not patrol the whole Universe. One thing that always bugged me about the Green Lantern comics is that the Universe is a bit too vast for 7,000 or so Lanterns to patrol. Astronomers now estimate that there could be as many as 2 trillion galaxies in the Universe, which means Hal has over 500 million galaxies in his own sector (but all the Universe-shaking poo poo seems to center on Earth anyway). So either the Corps should be expanded to trillions of GLs or the Guardians just rule our own galaxy.

Well they can't be Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel would sue!

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Kurzon posted:

This is one of these things which seems to happen when shows use the terms "galaxy" and "universe" interchangeably.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

there are three episodes of Justice League Action out and they're pretty great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They aired in the UK and imo the pacing is pretty terrible. First one is the speed of a 22 min show crammed down to 11 and the third one lingers in its last act by staying in one scene for five and a half minutes, aka half the runtime. I felt really disappointed.
Space Cabby was alright.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's alright. I'll give it more time to really prove itself, since the first season of Justice League is honestly pretty bad compared to the second.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Roth posted:

It's alright. I'll give it more time to really prove itself, since the first season of Justice League is honestly pretty bad compared to the second.

I'm at that, but more pessimistic. I'll check episodes with characters i'm super into but i'll mostly wait until the second half of the season before giving the show another proper try.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Apparently some Young Justice news

http://en.yibada.com/articles/177594/20161208/young-justice-season-3-spoilers.htm

"Young Justice" season 3 will likely introduce a new generation of young heroes that help both the Team and the Justice League in their fight against the villanous group known as The Light. Some of these heroes include Damian Wayne/Robin, Kara-Zor El/ Supergirl, Starfire, Raven and Cassandra Cain/Batgirl."

Great!

"Another possible storyline for “Young Justice” Season 3 will have Roy Harper/Arsenal form his new team since he does not want to play by the rules of the Team and Justice League. The Outlaws could be featured in season 3 as the team consist of Arsenal, Jason Todd/Red Hood and Starfire. Perhaps Jason could be resurrected as Red Hood and Starfire could be a former member of the team by the time season 3 starts. "

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
On the one hand, Redhood team sounds neat since it is another comic thing. The problem is that it means yet another massive time skip. I wish, at the very least, that there was a gap filling comic series, in the vein of Injustice.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm hoping they don't just introduce a dozen new characters and not develop any of them again like they did with S2.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That article sounds less like actual news and sources and more like they collected a bunch of speculation and Awesome Inside Sources and collected them into one big article.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I admit I skimmed and didn't see this

"Other characters that fans want to see are Speedy, Vibe, Silver Banshee and Jess Quick."

So probably take it with a grain of salt.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

ToastyPotato posted:

On the one hand, Redhood team sounds neat since it is another comic thing. The problem is that it means yet another massive time skip. I wish, at the very least, that there was a gap filling comic series, in the vein of Injustice.

Careful, man, I remember the last gap filler that series got, and that was some monkey's paw poo poo.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Sounds really grim unless they actually focus in on a few characters this time. There were plenty of cool-sounding character adds in S2 (Batgirl! Wonder Girl! Tim Drake! Static!) that ended up amounting to nothing because they had thin characterisation and no real relevance to the plot.

That's right, Static was in that show. Did you forget? I almost did.

But yeah, unless they relegate some of that cast bloat to the serious sidelines and make the new members the actual focus, it's gonna be a cavalcade of cool-sounding Batfamily characters with about half a character arc between them. Hope they shape it up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That article is a bunch of bull and there is no reason to believe anything it says.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Roth posted:

Apparently some Young Justice news

http://en.yibada.com/articles/177594/20161208/young-justice-season-3-spoilers.htm

"Young Justice" season 3 will likely introduce a new generation of young heroes that help both the Team and the Justice League in their fight against the villanous group known as The Light. Some of these heroes include Damian Wayne/Robin, Kara-Zor El/ Supergirl, Starfire, Raven and Cassandra Cain/Batgirl."

Great!

"Another possible storyline for “Young Justice” Season 3 will have Roy Harper/Arsenal form his new team since he does not want to play by the rules of the Team and Justice League. The Outlaws could be featured in season 3 as the team consist of Arsenal, Jason Todd/Red Hood and Starfire. Perhaps Jason could be resurrected as Red Hood and Starfire could be a former member of the team by the time season 3 starts. "

this is about as much "news" as pizzagate, and now that you've mentioned Red Hood and the Outlaws, expect an obligatory D_T driveby

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I thought Static was used well in season 2.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I miss Dwayne McDuffie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dwayne McDuffie was the best. :(

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
A lot of Dwayne's stories shaped my childhood. God I miss Milestone...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, Ultimate Spider-man just has a two-parter left to finish its run. However, there's also the final Christmas special from that show, guess who'll make their animated debut in the episode called The Moon Knight Before Christmas.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So, Ultimate Spider-man just has a two-parter left to finish its run. However, there's also the final Christmas special from that show, guess who'll make their animated debut in the episode called The Moon Knight Before Christmas.

Oh man, I hope it's swanky suit Moon Knight.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Why on Earth would fans want to see Speedy? There are two. Unless they mean like...Thea from the Arrow series?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

PicklePants posted:

Oh man, I hope it's swanky suit Moon Knight.

Its the Declan Shalvey black and white suit

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Android Blues posted:

Sounds really grim unless they actually focus in on a few characters this time. There were plenty of cool-sounding character adds in S2 (Batgirl! Wonder Girl! Tim Drake! Static!) that ended up amounting to nothing because they had thin characterisation and no real relevance to the plot.

That's right, Static was in that show. Did you forget? I almost did.

I'm up to episode 13 of season 2, and honestly, I keep on forgetting about Wonder Girl. I'm enjoying season 2, but it is nowhere near as good as season 1, and it is definitely because they have all these characters that are just not fleshed out at all.

However, there's a part of me that wants every season to have a time skip until that mythical season 7 is Young Justice One Million.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I feel like the underused characters in season 2 are a consequence of the episode number being cut and Weisman not wanting to let go of a single idea.

But like, Tim Drake just can't catch a break in media. Either he doesn't get to do anything, he's written more like Jason Todd as in BTAS, or he's just basically treated like Dick Grayson like in the Arlham games.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Dacap posted:

Its the Declan Shalvey black and white suit

I hope both costumes get used because they're really great designs and I like MK's thing of having a different outfits for street level and super level crimes.
I haven't found any kind of synopsis other than 'It's a Christmas episode and he and spidey team up to fight a villain', but I wonder if the show will mention his other identities at all.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

TFRazorsaw posted:

I feel like the underused characters in season 2 are a consequence of the episode number being cut and Weisman not wanting to let go of a single idea.

But like, Tim Drake just can't catch a break in media. Either he doesn't get to do anything, he's written more like Jason Todd as in BTAS, or he's just basically treated like Dick Grayson like in the Arlham games.

But Dick Grayson is already in the Arkham games. And in one out of his 2 appearances he didn't even get any lines.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

which makes him being written that way even stupider.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I didn't really enjoy the New Adventures of Batman and Robin nearly as much as Batman The Animated Series, but fusing Tim Drake and Jason Todd into one character made him a much better fit for the show. Especially since Dick Grayson had already been shown to kinda like computers and video games in BTAS, which is all Tim Drake has going for him.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There were so many bad decisions with Young Justice. Really forced running gags, a massive timeskip that just destroys any chance of following character development or the long running plotlines, trying to make a tie-in videogame that covers the missed plot, introducing too many new characters at once, expecting and planning for a 7 season run and losing track of the short term, and greatest of all, constantly shopping around a dead and buried project to various networks in a vein attempt to get somebody to produce your misunderstood magnum opus.

I don't know what Weisman's going to do after he's finished with the return of Young Justice, but he's going to be insufferable from now on.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't know what Weisman's going to do after he's finished with the return of Young Justice, but he's going to be insufferable from now on.

Knowing him? Probably a darker and edgier reboot of Gargoyles that's gonna be 12 seasons long. And on Netflix.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Roth posted:

I generally stream Saturday at 1 PM PST and Sunday at 12 PM PST, since most of the people that join my streams are in Europe.

Edit - I could make a thread about it when we get closer to when I start streaming them. It should be before the end of the year though.

I should be able to finish my Rebels streamthrough within two weeks, and then I can start this up on New Year's Eve and New Year's.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Which running gags were forced? Do not say Robin, I will fight you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

SonicRulez posted:

Which running gags were forced? Do not say Robin, I will fight you.

Off the top of my head, I recall a lot of characters had a catchphrase, or something reoccurring about them.

The whole "whelmed" gag, which I did think was funny.
Lagoon Boy saying "By Neptune's Beard"
Beast Boy saying "Noted"
Wally pointing out "Trophy!" at the end of every mission.