Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Being a warmonger is still pretty bad even if your opponent is a rape Nazi.

What kind of excuses do you suppose Sanders's supporters would have made for him after he ordered his first drone strike? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

You Are A Elf posted:

Content: Vanilla ice cream and shakes/malts are better than chocolate ones.

:agreed:
People look at me funny if we're getting ice cream because I always just go with plain vanilla.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

Actually no there isnt when faced with the alternative. Also more info coming out about Russian tampering hohoho. Fuckin idiots

the russians hacked all the ballots, even the paper ballots!!!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I love all you fuckers and you know it.

Content: Strawberry cake is severely underrated.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

What kind of excuses do you suppose Sanders's supporters would have made for him after he ordered his first drone strike? :v:

I swear to you I thought it meant fighting for better wages for bees.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

yo rear end is grass posted:

:agreed:
People look at me funny if we're getting ice cream because I always just go with plain vanilla.

Vanilla is the best ice cream flavour, and that's the reason it's the "default" flavour.

Likewise with pepperoni pizza.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Likewise with pepperoni pizza.

anchovy pizza is the best for me. hell, i love anchovies in general

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

anchovy pizza is the best for me. hell, i love anchovies in general

:same:

Make deviled eggs, but first melt a tin of anchovies and their oil in a skillet, then mix that with the yolk mixture. It's heavenly.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bradzilla posted:

We said the exact same thing about seasons but you still don't know what arbitrary means lol. Seasons are not a random occurrence.

Fister Roboto posted:

Seasons aren't arbitrary at all. They're based on the amount of sunlight. On the equinoxes, you get 12 hours of sunlight and 12 hours of night. The summer solstice is the longest day, and the winter solstice is the longest night. This is true no matter where you are on the planet.
Oh, I get it. You guys don't realise that seasons start at different times in different countries. Some countries choose (arbitrarily) to base it on the equinoxes. Other countries choose (also arbitrarily) to base it on calendar months. I like the calendar month system better because it doesn't require me to know what or when an equinox is.

Beige posted:

If you're going to argue against arbitrary calendar events why don't you bitch about daylight savings?
I do? I hate daylight saving time and wish we'd get rid of it forever.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Vanilla is the best ice cream flavour, and that's the reason it's the "default" flavour.

*If* and only *if* it uses actual vanilla beans in the recipe to the extent where they leave them in, as opposed to just vanilla essence.

There is a high-end gelati store in Melbourne I visit when I'm up there that has this. Shame it's expensive, but you do get what you pay for.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's still not what arbitrary means.

i hate you.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pastry of the Year posted:

:same:

Make deviled eggs, but first melt a tin of anchovies and their oil in a skillet, then mix that with the yolk mixture. It's heavenly.

You can melt anchovies?

Anchovies are one of the few foods that genuinely disgust me. I'll generally eat anything but there is something so gross about the taste of them to me. I even like other canned fishes. That and okra are the only foods I can't stand that I've tried.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Texture man, texture.

A1 sauce is good as hell on almost any type of meat. And yes I put it on steak sometimes, that poo poo is amazing on steak.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

That's still not what arbitrary means.

Arbitrary: having only relative application or relevance; not absolute.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Records are a dumb gimmick so it's fine to scratch them, you can always listen to it digitally if you don't want the scratch sounds.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Field Mousepad posted:

A1 sauce is good as hell on almost any type of meat. And yes I put it on steak sometimes, that poo poo is amazing on steak.

Sometimes when I'm feeling adventurous, I'll put a little Worcestershire sauce on my steak to give it a little savory kick. Tastes good, man.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

the russians hacked all the ballots, even the paper ballots!!!

Brb sharing this on social media and making it a main plank of muly candidacy.

Almosy everything is improvrd with vanilla

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Field Mousepad posted:

Texture man, texture.

I think it's better to use as a dipping sauce, otherwise it overpowers the flavor of the steak.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Heavyweights is the best movie Ben Stiller has ever been in, and his character of Tony Perkis is the best one he's ever done. Heavyweights is also better than The Mighty Ducks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What backwards rear end country says that Spring doesn't start on the vernal equinox?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

What backwards rear end country says that Spring doesn't start on the vernal equinox?

wikipedia posted:

In 1780 the Societas Meteorologica Palatina (which became defunct in 1795), an early international organization for meteorology, defined seasons as groupings of three whole months as identified by the Gregorian calendar. Ever since, professional meteorologists all over the world have used this definition.

In Sweden and Finland, meteorologists use a non-calendar based definition for the seasons based on the temperature. Spring begins when the daily averaged temperature permanently rises above 0 °C, summer begins when the temperature permanently rises above +10 °C, summer ends when the temperature permanently falls below +10 °C and winter begins when the temperature permanently falls below 0 °C.

some countries like Australia, New Zealand, and Russia prefer to use meteorological reckoning.

Some calendars in south Asia use a six-season method where the number of seasons between summer and winter can number from one to three. The dates are fixed at even intervals of months.
In the Hindu calendar of tropical and subtropical India, there are six seasons or Ritu that are calendar-based in the sense of having fixed dates: Vasanta (spring), Greeshma (summer), Varsha (monsoon), Sharad (autumn), Hemanta (early winter), and Shishira (prevernal or late winter).

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Leavemywife posted:

I think it's better to use as a dipping sauce, otherwise it overpowers the flavor of the steak.

Oh for sure, I'm not drowning the steak in it. I'll mostly use it when a steak is over cooked or cooked in some weird way, my sister basically boils steak when she cooks it and I don't have the heart to tell her so I bust out the a1 and it makes it much better.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
In America if you are not extremely vocal and extreme in your opinions, you are nothing

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

In America if you are not extremely vocal and extreme in your opinions, you are nothing

Sometimes nothing is an extremely cool thing to be.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I tried gluten-free pizza for the first time yesterday, and I really liked it. What's wrong with me??

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OK, so in Sweden and Finland, the seasons don't start on a consistent day. That's stupid.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I love TV commercials. They're essentially little 10-60 second narratives. Every second of it has to be so carefully crafted to keep your attention, present the product, and create a memorable experience.

Love the work that goes into that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pastry of the Year posted:

Sometimes nothing is an extremely cool thing to be.

Cool Hand Pastry

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

OK, so in Sweden and Finland, the seasons don't start on a consistent day. That's stupid.

don't worry too much about it, it's my understanding that it doesn't actually get above 0°C in finland so according to their definition seasons other than winter are just comforting lies

wee children are brought up on fairy tales of temperatures permanently rising over 10°C never to go back again

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tiggum posted:

Oh, I get it. You guys don't realise that seasons start at different times in different countries. Some countries choose (arbitrarily) to base it on the equinoxes. Other countries choose (also arbitrarily) to base it on calendar months. I like the calendar month system better because it doesn't require me to know what or when an equinox is.

:ughh:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

poptart_fairy posted:

I loving loved Fury Road, but when Nux gets that :smug: who killed the world :smug: putdown aimed at him it struck me as weird and hurt itself a bit. Nux wasn't even born before the apocalypse happened and is just as much a victim of Immortan Joe as anyone else. Shifting blame onto Nux was a really weird moment that seemed at odds with its message.

They aren't blaming Nux for the apocalypse, they are blaming him for following Immortan Joe's death cult and trying to get him to stop doing that.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Tiggum is a good poster with an open mind, exciting opinions and a zest for life.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Uhh yeah let me look at this calendar to see what season it is so I know what to do oh time to plant those potatoes what do you mean we'll starve because I planted in Winter the calendar clearly says it's Spring!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Fister Roboto posted:

Far from being arbitrary, those seem like the only ways of marking it that make sense.

So you have two different measures: one that starts on the first day of a month and encompasses the next two months which is less accurate but easier to remember for the layman, and another one which is trickier to remember but a great deal more specific and based off of a very specific natural occurrence. Even in the first model you're picking it so that it roughly maps to the second one.

Arbitrary would be like if you flipped a coin to decide it or something.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You're right, it's not arbitrary, just stupid.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Uhh yeah let me look at this calendar to see what season it is so I know what to do oh time to plant those potatoes what do you mean we'll starve because I planted in Winter the calendar clearly says it's Spring!

Why the gently caress would you start planting when it's too cold, regardless of the season?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fruit on the bottom posted:

Far from being arbitrary, those seem like the only ways of marking it that make sense.

So you have two different measures: one that starts on the first day of a month and encompasses the next two months which is less accurate but easier to remember for the layman, and another one which is trickier to remember but a great deal more specific and based off of a very specific natural occurrence. Even in the first model you're picking it so that it roughly maps to the second one.

Arbitrary would be like if you flipped a coin to decide it or something.

Yes except it doesn't matter when the seasons start so accuracy is irrelevant.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Yes except it doesn't matter when the seasons start

I guess you only eat meat.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Participation trophies should not be given out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bullying has a place in society and if there was more of it there would be way less clueless people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bullying has a place in society and if there was more of it there would be way less clueless people.

I agree with this, but the ones "bullying" you shouldn't be your peers. There should be a formal system with rules and regulations where the teachers are allowed to mold you into a functional person. The way it works now you have bullies beating on weak people with no supervision and no recourse if they go too far without subjecting yourself to more intense bullying. Let teachers have absolute authority and I think we'd be a lot better off. Coddling helps nobody.