Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

SC is like 10% fidelitousness, 90% cradling your hairy knees and crying.

If you're familiar with Providence, the shop I found it at is Nikki's Liquors a bit off Main St. I think there's one bottle left on the shelf now, at least (not sure if they have anything in the back).

No poo poo, going there after work.

If you like Hitachino, Wara Wara is the biggest buyer in the area and they have White on tap which I have never seen anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

LorneReams posted:

No poo poo, going there after work.

If you like Hitachino, Wara Wara is the biggest buyer in the area and they have White on tap which I have never seen anywhere.

I go there for brunch almost every Sunday :swoon:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

SC is like 10% fidelitousness, 90% cradling your hairy knees and crying.

So wait, is this some kind of Naglfar deal? The more we shave our knees, the longer we can stave off the coming of SC?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I go there for brunch almost every Sunday :swoon:

Thanks for supporting my friends! :swoon:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Tippis posted:

So wait, is this some kind of Naglfar deal? The more we shave our knees, the longer we can stave off the coming of SC?

You have to turn the clippings into a hair spasschip.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:eyepop:

roflingstones
May 19, 2009
how do you maintain an erection before the sexual fetish revolution of 2050 and the release of star citizen?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

roflingstones posted:

how do you maintain an erection before the sexual fetish revolution of 2050 and the release of star citizen?

Blogs.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fat Shat Sings posted:

They have also been keeping a lot of money. Standard procedure for awhile would be

Backer 1 buys $250 ship and gifts it to Backer 2
Backer 2 buys a $150 ship
Backer 2 asks for refund, CIG deletes his account and gives him back the $150 he paid, the $250 that was gifted disappears into the ether
When asked CIG refuses to refund the $250 as it wasn't purchased by Backer 2

It wasn't until a bunch of people started posting here and getting refunds that people found out they were entitled to the store credit they had been given as gifts and CIG repeatedly caved on the gift thing when pressed, but who knows how much money has just been kept by CIG by people who refused to press through a half dozen emails where you have to teach their customer service reps that currency value held by a person is that person's property regardless of it's origin.

It's pretty funny in an illegal way. Kind of like how they refuse to allow gift cards to be spent on sales because they technically aren't "new money." This is totally a bad idea but they can't separate the "Melt Ships = Credit" mechanic from "Pay Money in Advance= Credit" mechanic, so they have to invalidate the use of all forms of prior credit, including the completely valid gift cards which are legally eligible for sales.

explaining any of this to backers or CIG customer service is a waste of time though. I figured some whale would have sued over not being to use his $3000 in giftcards for a Javelin or something. If any other company said "No, You know what guys? Those Giftcards you bought? They don't apply to sales. Sorry." I'm sure something would be done about it, but most companies sell actual products and not dreams.

I had this happen to me firsthand, and is a perfect example of how much of this production is an absolute scam. Anything that leads to them keeping money in spite of their inability to deliver a product is ridiculous.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I had this happen to me firsthand, and is a perfect example of how much of this production is an absolute scam. Anything that leads to them keeping money in spite of their inability to deliver a product is ridiculous.

Its cool that they implicitly acknowledge that their ships are worth $0.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's been very interesting watching your evolution about this and your opinion of Chris and CIG as a whole.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

I'm not sure what gave you that idea

I.N.R.I posted:

Personally if I was going to hate something online for 8 years it would be something like the many and storied transgressions of any one of countless Jewish political and financial institutions instead of a computer game.

I've Never Respected Israel

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
We believe in the Israeli homeland in the Star Citizen thread buddyboy.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
can we not do this particular derail because it's where the clown car is actually full of :wtf:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Fat Shat Sings posted:

They have also been keeping a lot of money. Standard procedure for awhile would be

Backer 1 buys $250 ship and gifts it to Backer 2
Backer 2 buys a $150 ship
Backer 2 asks for refund, CIG deletes his account and gives him back the $150 he paid, the $250 that was gifted disappears into the ether
When asked CIG refuses to refund the $250 as it wasn't purchased by Backer 2

It wasn't until a bunch of people started posting here and getting refunds that people found out they were entitled to the store credit they had been given as gifts and CIG repeatedly caved on the gift thing when pressed, but who knows how much money has just been kept by CIG by people who refused to press through a half dozen emails where you have to teach their customer service reps that currency value held by a person is that person's property regardless of it's origin.

It's pretty funny in an illegal way. Kind of like how they refuse to allow gift cards to be spent on sales because they technically aren't "new money." This is totally a bad idea but they can't separate the "Melt Ships = Credit" mechanic from "Pay Money in Advance= Credit" mechanic, so they have to invalidate the use of all forms of prior credit, including the completely valid gift cards which are legally eligible for sales.

explaining any of this to backers or CIG customer service is a waste of time though. I figured some whale would have sued over not being to use his $3000 in giftcards for a Javelin or something. If any other company said "No, You know what guys? Those Giftcards you bought? They don't apply to sales. Sorry." I'm sure something would be done about it, but most companies sell actual products and not dreams.

Normal companies will have a big disclaimer about using gift cards and when / how you can use them to purchase things

CiG just sells them and makes the rules up after the fact

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sappo569 posted:

Normal companies will have a big disclaimer about using gift cards and when / how you can use them to purchase things

CiG just sells them and makes the rules up after the fact

I bet you :5bux: you can find a Citizen who will swear the cards refer to gifting money to CIG

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That happened to me too, but thanks to the encouragements of people in here I kept pushing until they suddenly had a change of heart, I got contacted by their legal department instead of customer service where they explained that they decided to instead of trying to shaft me for a part of my account's worth, they'd refund me.

Circumstances that might have helped:

When I first asked for a refund they refunded me a part of my account's worth and without getting a confirmation on whether I am OK with accepting that sum they just transferred it and closed my account. I then explained to them that taking something that is mine and costs $600 and giving me $300 in return without my consent is theft and that I'd be seeking legal help. After that it didn't take that long until they did a 180.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
The natives are getting restless.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7338099/#Comment_7338099

quote:

omg lol, what fantasy are you living in!?... here:

==================================

Cook: I haven't made a dinner in 10 years, please pay me money to make a dinner for you!

Customer: You are a famous chef so OK, how much money do you need?

Cook: just enough for 10 people, and it will be done in 20 minutes and be the Best drat Meal Ever!

Customer: ok, that sounds great! here is enough money for 50 people just in case.

Cook: wow thanks...

*20 minutes goes by*

Customer: So where's the meal?

Cook: well, since you gave me money for 50 people, I decided to change the recipe and make a bigger meal, so I started over. It's going to take an hour now, but I need more money. It will be the Best drat Meal Ever!

Customer: OK, still sounds great. Here is money for 100 people just in case.

Cook: Thanks it will be ready in an hour!

*hour goes by*

Cook: funny thing, we had a problem with cooking the recipe backbone, and had to start entirely over again. And we need more money, and it will take all rest of the day now. But it will still be the Best drat Meal Ever!

Customer: I am getting pretty hungry, can I at least get an appetizer?

Cook: I don't want to spoil the meal, so I won't show you anything form the main course, but here are some broken crackers to munch on. Send us More money now please!

Customer: OK, here is money for another 20 people, will that be enough?

Cook: Oh we always had enough money to make the meal, just the more money we get, the more ingredients we can put in it!

Customer: OK, I will wait till the end of the day.

*end of the day*

Cook: *silence*

*the next day*

Customer: I am getting kind of tired eating broken crackers, where is the meal? You said it would be the BDME?

Cook: It's coming along great! But I don't want to show you anything or it might spoil it. And we need more money again, but now we won't be delivering all the ingredients, we can only put the Minimum Viable Ingredients into the meal.

Customer: I don't care, I am starving, just serve whatever you got please.

Cook: Ok I will give you a slice of the meal later today to snack on while we finish the meal.

Customer: for sure later today?

Cook: Yes! For sure later today! Also please send us more money for better ingredients, and cash only no credit!

*end of day*

Customer: So where is the slice of the meal?

Cook: *silence*

Customer1: This is Bull™

Customer2: The Cook never promised to give you a slice!

Customer1: Yes he did you idiot, he said it just 7 lines above this one!

Customer2: You can't rush a good meal! Stop acting like an entitled special snowflake-- oh look here comes the cook again, I bet he has our slice!

Cook: Hey, while you are waiting, here is a menu to browse through which shows all the ingredients we are working with, and estimated times for cooking. And please send us more money again, cash only no credit!

Customer1: well, that makes me feel better at least, here's money for another 20, thank you.

Customer2: I am sure we will get that slice, and the morrow tour, and 2.6 and 3.0 in the next 5 minutes because they probably were cooking them all at the same time!...

*Customer1 stabs Customer2 in the head with a salad fork*

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7337881/#Comment_7337881

describing CIG's business practices.

quote:

"Your pledge is important to us. Please remain on the website until the next available sale."

*Tech demo plays*

*Months pass*

"Your pledge is important to us. Please remain on the website until the next available sale."

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Can someone explain to me why they need to launch ships from a carrier as if they need to pick up speed and create lift?

It's space. Just kick the thing out.

They mocapped (apparently multiple times, including one karate/hilarity version) a guy on the deck doing some kind of flight check. Why.

Why does the ship need to go fast? Why. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Did no one say "hey um it's in space so"

Anyway, happy Friday everyone.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Surprisingly few shills in that thread, which is at the center of the shill lair. That can't be good.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Propagandist posted:

Can someone explain to me why they need to launch ships from a carrier as if they need to pick up speed and create lift?

Because Chris is a creatively bankrupt hack.

quote:

Chris doesn't understand how space — or indeed physics in general — works.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Propagandist posted:

They mocapped (apparently multiple times, including one karate/hilarity version) a guy on the deck doing some kind of flight check. Why.

Why does the ship need to go fast? Why. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Because this is Star Citizen and Star Citizen is made by Chris Roberts.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Tippis posted:

Why did you get banned from that other website only you and Derek use? You should go talk poo poo at r/dereksmart since they don't seem to like you very much and it might be funny.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

roflingstones posted:

stimperial gear and hair spasschips

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

thatguy posted:

Why did you get banned from that other website only you and Derek use? You should go talk poo poo at r/dereksmart since they don't seem to like you very much and it might be funny.

The problem with that is the r/ at the beginning. There is a limit to how much I'm willing to debase myself, and below that limit, there's roughly -∞ and then there's reddit.

I got banned from FDev (it should be up by now) because I called a guy a liar after he repeatedly lied about things I supposedly had said, which he “proved” by presenting quotes of me saying the exact opposite. He and I have about the same amount of infractions, and he reported me first so I got kicked out and he got to stay to lie some more. :D

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
So if 2.6 doesn't go to PTU today I think we can officially call it cancelled for Live release before next Friday.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

Surprisingly few shills in that thread, which is at the center of the shill lair. That can't be good.

Considering the cool-down times on Shitizen fires/CIG rolls out a play-pretty vid/Shitizens go back to sleep, this one is a fairly quick turnaround.Obviously some were not impressed with the last placation.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Propagandist posted:

I don't know, this baffles me. I can almost kinda get having a deck to ease docking, but the takeoff poo poo is dumb. You don't need a space parking lot either. It's space, goddammit :argh: but this is brought to us by the same fine mind who came up with the spacedozer...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tippis posted:

Seriously watch this and check out how little Chris knows about gravity :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Remember guys, there's no gravity in space.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Tippis posted:

The problem with that is the r/ at the beginning. There is a limit to how much I'm willing to debase myself, and below that limit, there's roughly -∞ and then there's reddit.
:shrek: for the laughs.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

Seriously watch this and check out how little Chris knows about gravity :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

Quite, and that clip is why I'm not just limiting it to space but extend it to all physics. The problem he's having isn't just one of not grasping zero gravity, but of not understanding the very basics of conservation of momentum. Now, I don't know if the UK educational system was particularly horrible in the '70s, but around here, we learn about that core principle in 7th grade (±confusion over what counts as, and the exact order of, a “grade” in various countries).

If he was even remotely as interested in the topic as he claims, he would have grasped what Garriott was saying based on that knowledge alone… and yet, he keeps trying to argue against a man who has actual personal experience with the effects.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DapperDon posted:

It's been very interesting watching your evolution about this and your opinion of Chris and CIG as a whole.

I am part of the entertainment.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Iglocska posted:

That happened to me too, but thanks to the encouragements of people in here I kept pushing until they suddenly had a change of heart, I got contacted by their legal department instead of customer service where they explained that they decided to instead of trying to shaft me for a part of my account's worth, they'd refund me.

Circumstances that might have helped:

When I first asked for a refund they refunded me a part of my account's worth and without getting a confirmation on whether I am OK with accepting that sum they just transferred it and closed my account. I then explained to them that taking something that is mine and costs $600 and giving me $300 in return without my consent is theft and that I'd be seeking legal help. After that it didn't take that long until they did a 180.

It's what I imagine children would do running customer service for an international company.

:colbert:"But you didn't buy it."
:argh:"I own it though."
:colbert:"But you didn't buy it I can't give you the money."
:argh:"I own it though. You were paid for it and I own it now."
:colbert:"But you weren't the person that paid for it originally."
:argh:"Yeah but I own it now and I want the value you were paid for this item in my possession refunded to me."
:colbert:"But you didn't pay the money for it! You can't get money you didn't pay!"
:argh:"I own it! Who cares who paid for it! You received money for this item and now the legal owner, a legal customer is asking you for a legally justified refund of the funds you were paid for this item which I own!
:colbert:"NUH UH"
:argh: "Refund me the money you received for this item as I am the owner of it now."
:colbert: "Well it's deleted and we are keeping the money because you didn't pay for it"

I'd love to see what would happen if an actual company just refused to give refunds on Christmas gifts because the person wanting to return it wasn't the person that bought it originally, then kept the gift and the money. THEN refused to let people use store credit they already had with the store to buy items because the manager wants better sales numbers and turns away people at the register, denying the value of previously purchased credit.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

can we not do this particular derail because it's where the clown car is actually full of :wtf:

Is it a derail? Complaining about the perfidious Jew is right out of the Book of Loaf, and there's more than enough Ben to go around.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
So, so much Ben

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
He has a large amount of excess fat from eating copious amounts of calories.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

AP posted:

You can get gifted items refunded as long as the value is less than the amount you spent on the account. The gifting limitations are all poo poo CIG made up. If you've $100 on your account in RSI meltable value items and have spent $150 you can get $100 back. If you have $100 on your account in RSI meltable value items and have spent $50 you should be able to get $50 back and have them leave the account open with the other $50 still on it or have $50 returned to whoever gifted you it.

There's no way CIG want to stand up in court and attempt to explain all this dodgy gifting poo poo.

ok i will try and get out. I read that I was poo poo outta luck. how do I figure out melt value? AP?

Thanks.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

intardnation posted:

ok i will try and get out. I read that I was poo poo outta luck. how do I figure out melt value? AP?

Thanks.

Before you reclaim something into RSI credits there is a confirmation screen asking for your password, don't put your password in obviously, but that screen shows you how much each hangar item would melt/reclaim for.

Before emailing CIG for a refund, take a copy of your entire billing support page and copy/paste your hangar log to notepad for a backup as they might disable your access to the account (which makes it a lot harder to argue exact details with them).

Also are you in the US or the EU?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

TheLightPurges posted:

He has a large amount of excess fat from eating copious amounts of calories.

I say! :monocle: