Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

...Although I guess I just did since I don't have any other powers or info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
So you can change during the day?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

i am the bird posted:

So you can change during the day?

Only if I'm chosen to fight in a gym, and only for the duration of the challenge.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That's odd. Do you have to be there to tell PMush to make sure you use your ability or is it auto-used? Seems like your ability can be wasted in a gym without your consent.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I just woke up and I'm not going to be able to post much for about six hours as I have work today and my boss doesn't like it when I spend too much time on the phone. You shouldn't lynch me though, I'm the bodyguard.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why would you announce that. :psyduck:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Met posted:

That's odd. Do you have to be there to tell PMush to make sure you use your ability or is it auto-used? Seems like your ability can be wasted in a gym without your consent.

I don't see how it would get wasted. I have to tell Pmush to activate it so I would need to be chosen for a gym and have the challenge run all without me being aware of anything for it to go wrong. I assume if that happened and I hadn't posted anything Pmush would just ask me

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Wait, what? You said you didn't see how it would be wasted, but then you said it would go wrong if you were nominated for the challenge when you weren't here.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Met posted:

Why would you announce that. :psyduck:

Because there's starting to be traction against me and I can't do much to defend myself today so I might as well just give a reason to not hang me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SirSamVimes posted:

I just woke up and I'm not going to be able to post much for about six hours as I have work today and my boss doesn't like it when I spend too much time on the phone. You shouldn't lynch me though, I'm the bodyguard.

fair enough, who did you protect N1 and why?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SirSamVimes posted:

Because there's starting to be traction against me and I can't do much to defend myself today so I might as well just give a reason to not hang me.

From Tobbs and Me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Met posted:

Wait, what? You said you didn't see how it would be wasted, but then you said it would go wrong if you were nominated for the challenge when you weren't here.

Nope. I said I suppose it maybe could if this unlikely set of circumstances all happened, but it's more likely that Pmush would just reach out to me. I don't see how it's any different than a one shot night action

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SirSamVimes posted:

I have like, five votes on me and everyone else saying they're pretty cool with tossing me to the curb if nothing else great comes up and you buckled to two votes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

fair enough, who did you protect N1 and why?

Infinitum because I didn't have significant town reads on anyone and he is entertaining.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm not the only one, right? Does anyone else think it's suspect that Opop and SSV claimed for no reason at all?

Retro Futurist posted:

I may as well partially claim, I don't think I'm in any danger of catching a NK at this point.

That's not a good reason to claim. You shouldn't claim in the hope you'll draw nightkills away from people with half-decent powers.

Honestly, one-use 1 point advantage for a single gym. Pretty underwhelming. Sounds made up to go with the game mechanics.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Do you evolve RF?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SirSamVimes posted:

Infinitum because I didn't have significant town reads on anyone and he is entertaining.

Ok, please guard him tonight too :) He's the only one we can be certain will give 2 points in tomorrow's gym, and I'd like to win all of them.

##unvote

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ok, please guard him tonight too :) He's the only one we can be certain will give 2 points in tomorrow's gym, and I'd like to win all of them.

Or... uhhh... don't because now the mafia know who not to target.

Or do. You know, WIFOM it up.

This is a dumb post, Tobbs, and I know a thing or two about dumb posting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
=_=

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Met posted:

Or... uhhh... don't because now the mafia know who not to target.

Or do. You know, WIFOM it up.

This is a dumb post, Tobbs, and I know a thing or two about dumb posting.

probably rock would be 2 points too, but rock died. I'd prefer not to take chances, and gyms are important.

He already claimed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Inf isn't gonna die!!!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

but rock died.

We have no reason to believe types are unique. There are multiple people that are normal or bug, for instance.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Met posted:

We have no reason to believe types are unique. There are multiple people that are normal or bug, for instance.

So far, I'm the only fire. And Kash is the only ice.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So far, I'm the only fire. And Kash is the only ice.

and the Masons and RF claimed normal.

But, I don't know, I already think RFs claim is very suspect.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Porygon is a bad mon. We should vote Vote today and porygon tomorrow

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
RF claimed presumably to appeal for a nomination. SSV claimed to prevent a shift to him in his absence.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Met posted:

and the Masons and RF claimed normal.

But, I don't know, I already think RFs claim is very suspect.

We had one self-aligned serial killer who was a bug hunter. My guess is that was the one type that was "dangerous" to claim, now that the bug killer has flipped. Gyms are a game mechanic that can be used to evolve town, test people's claims etc. but we can't do that when we only know a handful of people's types. I unvoted SSV, but I do find it a bit odd that he's super ok with claiming his straight-up power role but didn't offer up his pokemon, type, etc.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

Porygon is a bad mon. We should vote Vote today and porygon tomorrow

Who is Vote

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh vote met

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Truth Quark posted:

Do you evolve RF?

Yep, once.

also I claimed because a lot of people seem to want to vote me and deadline is right around when I'm off work so I don't know for sure I'll be around.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Truth Quark posted:

Who is Vote

He meant me. Either he's what he claims and I'm working against his win condition because it's not helpful to town or he's scum and I'm just an easy target for them at this point.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Retro Futurist posted:

also I claimed because a lot of people seem to want to vote me and deadline is right around when I'm off work so I don't know for sure I'll be around.

There's 1 vote on you, your ability sucks, and I'M still in the game. Before you claimed, did you think you were likely to get voted out over me?

This is really just pinging my radar. I've had you in my role madness games and you've never done weird poo poo like this.

##vote RF

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Met posted:

He meant me. Either he's what he claims and I'm working against his win condition because it's not helpful to town or he's scum and I'm just an easy target for them at this point.

I think you're probably town. I think you're also probably going to get lynched and we're going to lose this game badly.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Confirmed masons should be tested early on that's common mafia sense.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We had one self-aligned serial killer who was a bug hunter. My guess is that was the one type that was "dangerous" to claim, now that the bug killer has flipped. Gyms are a game mechanic that can be used to evolve town, test people's claims etc. but we can't do that when we only know a handful of people's types. I unvoted SSV, but I do find it a bit odd that he's super ok with claiming his straight-up power role but didn't offer up his pokemon, type, etc.

the claims are really weird, opop's role especially. definitely agree with tobbs here. might be 3:30am logic talking, but this sounds both plausible and reasonable

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm gonna ##unvote for now cause the last two pages are weirding me out. I'll check in before the deadline if I can't be around for it

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I have a reallllly hard time believing the bodyguard claim because it's a) unnecessary and b) seems to go against what we know roles and c) wasn't accompanied with flavor, type, evolution, etc.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think our bodyguard will resolve itself tonight so...hmmmmm

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Met posted:

There's 1 vote on you, your ability sucks, and I'M still in the game. Before you claimed, did you think you were likely to get voted out over me?

This is really just pinging my radar. I've had you in my role madness games and you've never done weird poo poo like this.

##vote RF

Had a lot more votes on me yesterday, and people are still talking about. But sure, make the same case you just tried to push on SSV in a desperate attempt to get heat off you, see if it works this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Retro Futurist posted:

Had a lot more votes on me yesterday, and people are still talking about. But sure, make the same case you just tried to push on SSV in a desperate attempt to get heat off you, see if it works this time!

The same case. You both just did the same stupid thing at the same time. I can criticize multiple people but you're using it as evidence of guilt rather than looking inward at your bad claim. There are multiple scum, you know.

You do realize the inconsistency of trying to take the heat off yourself and putting it on me by claiming I'm trying to take the heat off myself and putting it on you and calling it scummy... right?

Kashuno posted:

I think our bodyguard will resolve itself tonight so...hmmmmm

and if it doesn't? How long will we pretend the Bodyguard not dying is a result of scum trying not to pick the obvious target?

• Locked thread