Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Fantasy warfare just got real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kevin.... thank you

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Kevin Dunn was always good???

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I actually hate anything to do with Stephanie more than I hate every other bad thing about wrestling combined so gently caress yeah Kevin Dunn

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Kevin Dunn face turn. Now he was always doing dumb things with production to discredit Trips and Steph. Good man.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Vaguido posted:

Kevin Dunn face turn.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

My favorite Kevin Dunn story is when Jim Cornette made him cry

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/807276150003273729

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Noooooooo

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Kevin Dunn was always good???
No Paul Bearer hated him and Paul was a guy that didn't really hate anyone.

He's an awful person who only has a job because of his dad and doesn't deserve a nearly 1 mil payroll.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao why

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
why

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wwe can only lock down fat unfunny comedians because they are it's exclusive audience

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
He probably has a show to shill and will appear in one segment before disappearing into the void

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

That DICK! posted:

Wwe can only lock down fat unfunny comedians because they are it's exclusive audience

a pity they couldn't lock him down a decade ago when people actually knew who he was

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lmao, at everything, but also the Million Little Pieces guy.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Stephanie vs. Kevin Dunn. No matter who wins, we all lose.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

hell yeah now when can we get some jeff dunham. that'd be siick

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

segment with jeff dunham and sin cara backstage please and thank you

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I'm pretty sure Jeff Dunham has hosted Raw. Larry the Cable Guy too. With Carlos Mencia I'll have a bingo

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Dunham was at tribute to the troops. He had a segment with The Big Show

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Bray Wyatt you lookin fluffy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Whole article is loving incredible

quote:

"Outside people will get killed unless they totally conform to what Vince wants—it's impossible to do that," said one former senior-level executive. "Vince, Paul, and Stephanie will blame everyone else for their own missteps. That's why no creative executive can last there. You are treated like a commodity—just a barrel of corn. You are only a piece of talent, cultivated and developed, until they need to blame you and fire you and bring someone else in. They like the appearance of hiring people from outside the wrestling industry, but it in the end it's still Vince making all the decisions."

quote:

But, on July 28, three and a half months after WrestleMania 32, WWE released its quarterly report—a mandatory, all-encompassing document that lets the Security Exchange Commission, shareholders, and the public know how the company is functioning, both logistically and financially. An analysis of the report shows that WrestleMania 32 attendance was not, in fact, the 101,763 figure that WWE had been throwing around. It wasn't even in the six figures. According to the documents, the actual paid live attendance for the event was between 74,000 and 86,000. "As long as they don't lie about the financials, they aren't committing fraud," said Chris Harrington, an independent WWE business analyst.

WWE has been doing this for years.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
This was my favorite part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Seriously, what. It's random on the level of Freddie Prinze.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hell yeah can't wait for Fluffy!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

VJeff posted:

Sounds like it. If this and the Hojo and Shirai things pan out then maybe WWE and NXT's women's divisions won't be quite so loving dire anymore.

Depending on when/if they get called up from NXT and how much of their talents/charisma transfers over to the general NXT/WWE audience.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Dunham was at tribute to the troops. He had a segment with The Big Show

I missed that because i haven't seen tribute to the troops in years. But as a wrestling fan i'm not going to act like i'm above watching terrible standup comedians

In fact, i hope the fluffy guy is added to smackdown commentary this week. We need a 5 man booth

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dunn is revolver ocelot, he was the good guy all along.

Also keep the z list celebrities on Raw, thank you.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It makes perfect sense, given that Full Fathom Five is basically the WWE of books labor-wise.

quote:

It’s an agreement that says, “You’re going to write for me. I’m going to own it. I may or may not give you credit. If there is more than one book in the series, you are on the hook to write those too, for the exact same terms, but I don’t have to use you. In exchange for this, I’m going to pay you 40 percent of some amount you can’t verify — there’s no audit provision — and after the deduction of a whole bunch of expenses.” He described it as a Hollywood-style work-for-hire contract grafted onto the publishing industry—“although Hollywood writers in a work-for-hire contract are usually paid more than $250.”

Lumbermouth fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 9, 2016

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Say what you will about the million little pieces guy but he clearly knows how to work an audience.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

low key great pick to run a carny creative team

shane is a genius, SmackDown Live has done it again

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I can't believe Smackdown Live invented time travel to go back before it was even a thing and be Forever And Truly Always Good

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I hope Gabriel does the Wyatt entrance.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
We're most likely less than two weeks away from a Miracle on 34th Street Fight between Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Senerio posted:

We're most likely less than two weeks away from a Miracle on 34th Street Fight between Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns!

If anyone's getting Santabarrassed, it's Titus.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Picture KO's heel promo on how terrible christmas is though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaze at the new face of SD

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Seriously, what. It's random on the level of Freddie Prinze.

At least Prinze came from a writing for TV background, he wrote for his own sitcom and a syndicated pseudo Marvel show called Mutant X. Plus he's an actual fan of the business. I don't know if Frey is or not, but his claim to fame was writing a bullshit book that fooled Oprah. And if Dr.Oz's shill rear end is any indication, that is not a difficult task.

Honestly I can't see myself rooting for either side. HHH has a soft spot for NXT kids, many of whom are indy favorites of mine. Wonderful. But he, just like Vince, seems to get rattled when crowds let him know that whatever he has planned long-term is crap, or that they like somebody else who was intended to be a mid-carder at most. Stephanie seems to be just as bullish as her dad when it comes to getting what she wants.

Shane's side is no better. I don't like Kevin Dunn. I think his instincts are crap when it comes to wrestling, and from what many seem to attribute to him, he isn't even a particularly good TV producer. I don't remember many details of the ideas that Shane put forth when he initially wanted a shot at being on creative, but didn't he book his feud with Kane? Ugh. Good for a couple chuckles, I suppose. And I addressed Frey already.

I feel like HHH/Stephanie is slightly better because at least HHH seems to have a genuine passion for wrestling and some ideas of what talents will work and what talents will not. Shane is a ballsy motherfucker in the ring but I feel like he'd a bad captain to steer the boat for WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The brand split makes a shitload more sense and is simultaneously tremendously more hilarious

• Locked thread