Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Unless he gets a full shield or can move with the lmg tachanka will always be relegated to the meme league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The Duggler posted:

Unless he gets a full shield or can move with the lmg tachanka will always be relegated to the meme league

Dude if he could walk around with the LMG as the main he would be devastating.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
tbf he was probably the drunkest of us all.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Dude if he could walk around with the LMG as the main he would be devastating.

The lmg being his primary would own.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Mad wall damage, inaccurate as gently caress when carried, accurate as gently caress when deployed. Would make him worth it.
Edit: Or gun shield when deployed??

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Dude is massive.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Someone posted this in the discord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gd4KDJ7F1Y

I'm sure most people in the thread already know most or all of this but I found it really helpful and there are at least a few people new to the game in here like me

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard, why doesn't your MMR uncertainty increase when you unexpectedly win games? It would solve the problem of the game thinking it's "got you pegged" after 100 gently caress-around matches and slow progression if it started increasing again when you started punching above your weight.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

The Duggler posted:

Adjustable height on the turret would be cool, like a crouched and prone setting. Maybe that with a reduction in model size/turret footprint would make him at least slightly more agile and enjoyable to play.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Great Beer posted:

The lmg being his primary would own.

He should be the defensive equivalent of Glaz, with the LMG as primary and a bipod as his ability.

I've been saying this for over six months at this point. :v:

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
Cool video, how realistic is the sound propagation compared to real life? Just curious, not criticizing.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Captn Kurp posted:

Cool video, how realistic is the sound propagation compared to real life? Just curious, not criticizing.

More realistic than any other game, which makes it confusing sometimes.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
matchmaking is all kinds of hosed right now.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Captn Kurp posted:

It's normally decent but since Skull Rain vertical propagation is hosed; you'll hear stuff on floors above as on your floor. The new map highlights this more than any of the others.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

New operator should be able to pick up drones and install a chip that lets them take control of that drone. Two uses maybe, and the drone tells the user it's been hacked so they have to decide if they want to destroy it or not. Only one person can drive it at a time and the other person can only watch through the camera, not steal control until the user gets off it.

Hire me, Hard.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

New operator should be able to pick up drones and install a chip that lets them take control of that drone. Two uses maybe, and the drone tells the user it's been hacked so they have to decide if they want to destroy it or not. Only one person can drive it at a time and the other person can only watch through the camera, not steal control until the user gets off it.

Hire me, Hard.
He'll hire you. As a programmer.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

He'll hire you. As a programmer.

I have zero programming knowledge. I'll fit right in at Ubisoft.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

keyframe posted:

It's still hosed I can't even find a single game.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

keyframe posted:

24/7 matching into ESL/Continuum teams.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rns2O5Kux0

I made a new thing.

Schach
Jul 21, 2007
I'm not a monster it'sonlyamask.
Anyone playing on PS4 tonight who maybe has the patience to help me be better at the game?? I am better than the average idiot and good at shooters generally but I haven't played that much and don't know the maps and mechanics that great. PSN TheSchach if I could get in on a group of communicative folks.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://gfycat.com/TerribleOblongBluegill

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wish there was a spectator function for casual matches because I could really use someone to coach me by watching what I do and giving me feedback. I'd stream... if only...

Btw, I'm not on U-verse, it's just regular AT&T ADSL and I'm on the fastest plan. ($50+ a month with overages). Man, I wish Speed Test considering me part of Uverse would give me the ability to force AT&T to actually give me Uverse speeds.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Someone mentioned a few pages back about drone "hide and seek" in the objective room after it's already been found and i've never really thought about that much myself until i saw it happen every time in all the public matches i was playing.

I understand the need for points is great but what are you going to accomplish besides that? The game has been out long enough that people know all the spots where drones can hide in so it's not like you can keep one in a place and constantly keep the defenders positions updated, at least not for very long before the drone just gets shot. Perhaps this doesn't happen as often in Ranked but i don't normally play that anyway since i'm usually squadless.

Speaking of which goddamn Hard hurry up and fix this matchmaking issue. I got my friend to play this game with me and while i was training him up in T-Hunt we kept getting disconnected from each other :arghfist::sigh:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Speaking of which goddamn Hard hurry up and fix this matchmaking issue. I got my friend to play this game with me and while i was training him up in T-Hunt we kept getting disconnected from each other :arghfist::sigh:
T-Hunt is peer-to-peer, it's your own fault if it was just the two of you playing.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Someone mentioned a few pages back about drone "hide and seek" in the objective room after it's already been found and i've never really thought about that much myself until i saw it happen every time in all the public matches i was playing.

I understand the need for points is great but what are you going to accomplish besides that? The game has been out long enough that people know all the spots where drones can hide in so it's not like you can keep one in a place and constantly keep the defenders positions updated, at least not for very long before the drone just gets shot. Perhaps this doesn't happen as often in Ranked but i don't normally play that anyway since i'm usually squadless.

I just try to get them to shoot each other and/or forget to use their deployables because they're too busy chasing drones.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Apparently 5.56mm guns fall into two camps for bullet penetration/destruction. M249 and Type 89 have the highest destruction model and can easily blow open walls; they're in the same tier as weapons using 7.62mm.

Guns like the 556xi (aka Thermite's shittastic AR) have the same penetration model as the P90 and the MP7.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Points are really just bragging rights ( and sweet MVP animation if you have an elite skins) when you think about it especially now that MMR calculates team's W/L over them.

I'd tend to favor hide and seek but at the same time you will lose your first drone as soon as you toss your second one which for me is quite early in the game. I think the best of both worlds would be to position your first drone near the entry point you're planning on using this way you can jump back on it to make sure it's safe to go in, pick it back up and have 2 drones for the remaining of the round.

Also as far as broke MM i got no idea, it happened during the weekend but i can tell you that every time the servers are acting weird 24/7 theres someone looking into it within the first minutes if the anomaly. The acknowledgement to the community takes longer because the people handling the social aspect of the game aren't techs/progs who have the servers' status hooked to their phone/computers.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Points also help you level up faster!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

T-Hunt is peer-to-peer, it's your own fault if it was just the two of you playing.

It just feels strange then because it was showing both our pings at super high numbers (about 400-500 each) but the game would be running just fine. But it would one of us eventually get kicked for our connection being "to slow"

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away
Why is my full 5 man team of Gold 2-3 CONSTANTLY getting matched up against either Unranked players who are smurfing or Copper/Bronzes? I am so loving tired of getting stomped by unranked level ~20s and losing loving 120 points and only getting loving 50 points for a hardfought win against Golds/Silvers. Fix this poo poo.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Solo queue is much better than full group right now

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away

The Duggler posted:

Solo queue is much better than full group right now

Lame. Playing solo is the worst way to play.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

:gary: GGGOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDD :yarg:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

rap music posted:

I'm proud of you

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

Holy poo poo i'm so bad at this game, never have i ever been as bad in any game as i am in this one.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

rap music posted:

And next match where your team eats paste and you're back in Silver.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I managed to hit copper 1 without actually trying to do poorly. Granted I was mainly playing with friends who are not very good either. The potato bracket hell is real though, I'd say something like 80% of the matches has a person leaving or getting disconnected (uplay being loving awful doesn't help of course), and I even had someone complain about his touchpad not working properly :psyduck:

I spent yesterday evening soloing my way up to top silver, just because it was so awful.

I lost the most points by being pitted against teams of two good players with 3 potato league people. When I win those I gain maybe 40-50 points, but when I lose I lose around 150-200 (meaning I need a 3-1 win-loss ratio to break even). It's not happening THAT often, but each of those have a massive impact, and is demoralizing as hell.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Only time I'll get to play Ranked will be in the middle of the night on the east coast 11pm-9am EST. I think at this point the ranked pool will be so small I'll always end up against people outside my skill level/rank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Feel free to join either the discord and/or mumble goons if you want decent people to play with, for the most part everyone is quite a bit above average and is usually super chill and helpful.

Ularg posted:

Only time I'll get to play Ranked will be in the middle of the night on the east coast 11pm-9am EST. I think at this point the ranked pool will be so small I'll always end up against people outside my skill level/rank.

If you're looking for easy ranked wins don't play when it's only going to be the nolifers who can actually stay up all night playing videogames who are around.

• Locked thread