Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

The same case. You both just did the same stupid thing at the same time. I can criticize multiple people but you're using it as evidence of guilt rather than looking inward at your bad claim. There are multiple scum, you know.

You do realize the inconsistency of trying to take the heat off yourself and putting it on me by claiming I'm trying to take the heat off myself and putting it on you and calling it scummy... right?

and if it doesn't? How long will we pretend the Bodyguard not dying is a result of scum trying not to pick the obvious target?

I am 99% positive it will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
RF: "I don't buy this masons claim. On the other hand, I can change type during the day if selected for the challenge during the 12 minutes each day I am online"

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

this is a stickup posted:

I'm gonna ##unvote for now cause the last two pages are weirding me out. I'll check in before the deadline if I can't be around for it

Yeah, really, what in the hell just happened here?

RF comes out and claims a one-shot wildcard despite outright saying he doesn't think he's in danger of catching a NK. If that's the case, then why claim your role at all? Are you TRYING to draw a NK just for fun? You're the one who said you'd be better used in the late game, too. So if that's true, then why say "hey, scum, I've got a role that will help late game, let me tell you about it on Day 2 so you have plenty of time to make sure I'm dead before then?" :psyduck:

And then there's SSV who claims Town Bodyguard with one vote on him at the time? Like, what are you doing, dude? Why make that claim unless like RF, you're TRYING to die?

And THEN Tobbs goes "hey, make sure Inf is who you bodyguard" because that's a great idea for town to make sure they outline for scum exactly what the one revealed power role is going to do?

AND THEN Kash is over here going "Inf isn't going to die" and "the bodyguard will resolve itself tonight" and dropping all sorts of random answers about his "presents" and :psyboom:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

and then IS didn't have any opinions but sure wanted to make it look like he was talking about the game :tootzzz:
##vote illegallysober

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

and then IS didn't have any opinions but sure wanted to make it look like he was talking about the game :tootzzz:
##vote illegallysober

No, actually, I'd like to hear more from the two people who outright claimed for no apparent reason before I figure out where I'm putting my vote, but thanks :rolleyes:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I don't have four votes. I don't understand the actions of any of the four people I mentioned.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

IllegallySober posted:

RF comes out and claims a one-shot wildcard despite outright saying he doesn't think he's in danger of catching a NK. If that's the case, then why claim your role at all?

Well you see we also kill someone during the day in this here Mafia game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

RF: "I don't buy this masons claim. On the other hand, I can change type during the day if selected for the challenge during the 12 minutes each day I am online"

That would only be an inconsistency if I were making my role up. I'm assuming Pmush did not create this role specifically with my schedule in mind

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Retro Futurist posted:

That would only be an inconsistency if I were making my role up. I'm assuming Pmush did not create this role specifically with my schedule in mind

I think your role is testable

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Retro Futurist posted:

Well you see we also kill someone during the day in this here Mafia game

You had two votes on you and nobody was discussing you at the time you made your claim.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

:tootzzz:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I think your role is testable

How so?

IllegallySober posted:

You had two votes on you and nobody was discussing you at the time you made your claim.

I don't always trust other townies to think logically and I have a tendency to get turboed when I'm not looking. It was a real possability

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

If we know what people's types are and you've claimed normal, you should be able to change into one which has an advantage? The end score could verify this.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Doesn't prove alignment

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

If we know what people's types are and you've claimed normal, you should be able to change into one which has an advantage? The end score could verify this.

yeah but it's really easy to say "Oh I didn't get to PMush in time to change my type so I went in as normal"

could be true, sure, but also very easy to fakeclaim and impossible to verify if he says it didn't work

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Well yeah, that's the entire idea behind it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just keep in mind it's a one shot, although I assume it becomes permanent when I evolve.

I have no evidence of that, but it's the logical progression

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Why are people claiming holy poo poo

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

In spite of this, i still want to kill met.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

give head or get dead posted:

Why are people claiming holy poo poo

You're right, I should have just told everyone I had important info and then hosed off for a few hours

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Retro Futurist posted:

You're right, I should have just told everyone I had important info and then hosed off for a few hours

:boom:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##vote met

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mkay I'm home now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

:perfect:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
##vote Met I'd rather vote RF but I'd also rather not no lynch.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That's -2 with an hour and 15 minutes to go. Here's my notes.

My vote is currently on RF but I also like SSV.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You never mentioned you were a miller...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
So? I'd rather have the chance at being nightkilled.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
why did you not immediately claim miller

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

When i claimed miller day 1 i got lynched day 1. That might be why!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

That also is what your dark doesn't mean scum was in reference to, Met?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I do way too much browsing on mobile to keep that good of a note sheet. I'm impressed, though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

give head or get dead posted:

When i claimed miller day 1 i got lynched day 1. That might be why!

Millers, are meant to, claim in their initial D1 post.
(At least that's how it works in SA.)

Met claiming miller this late in the game reeks of scum trying to cover his tracks when he's the obvious lynch target.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##unvote Being a Dark type Miller as a reason for thinking Dark types are scum actually feels genuine.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Lol like I've said, he's almost certainly town but we're going to lynch him anyways.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Says the guy voting no one

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

Says the guy voting no one

Well yeah, I don't think he's scum why would I vote him?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Kind of want SSV to claim his mon/type since he full claimed his power.

Will be helpful for gyms etc.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

That also is what your dark doesn't mean means scum was in reference to, Met?

Mafia editing myself here. I had to actually go look up what a Miller was and how it worked on the wiki. Heard talk of them but I don't think I've been in a game with one before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Infinitum posted:

Millers, are meant to, claim in their initial D1 post.
(At least that's how it works in SA.)

Met claiming miller this late in the game reeks of scum trying to cover his tracks when he's the obvious lynch target.

this is a stickup posted:

why did you not immediately claim miller

I already explained why. I'd rather have a chance at being nightkilled. Millers aren't "meant" to Day 1 claim. That's just your meta that you guys can't help but follow.

IllegallySober posted:

That also is what your dark doesn't mean scum was in reference to, Met?

Yeah. I totally thought I was Dark and Fire type and then had the thought that the "Dark" is what made me a miller and other scum would also be at least partially dark type. Once I realized we were all a single type that went out the window because it would be way too easy to infer scumminess during challenges.

• Locked thread