Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Enchanted Hat posted:

So obviously these "sensors" were originally meant to be guns. Does anyone know why they wrote "PARKING SENSOR! PARKING SENSOR! DEFINITELY NOT A GUN!" all over them and downgraded to the tiny guns?

If they were concerned that the ship would be overpowered with six guns rather than two, why not just reduce the power of all the guns by 2/3rds? Or is that not as fidelitious as the giant space parking sensors?

Durr. Obviously, it's because that's what parking sensors will look like 900 years from now.

Honestly. It's almost like you've never travelled into the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like we need a new batch of space cookies.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

It looks like we need a new batch of space cookies.

Space steaks.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Wrecked Angle posted:

:laffo: Check out this guy on the Something Awful forums. What a pleb...

That guy is really poo poo. He will, maybe, eventually, figure out how this site works, if he lurks more.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ponzi posted:

Durr. Obviously, it's because that's what parking sensors will look like 900 years from now.

Honestly. It's almost like you've never travelled into the future.

Yeah, you are right. I don't understand temporal displacement development.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Arf, buddy, you have it all wrong. We are here because we all know Derek Smart is wrong. We've just been patiently waiting since 2014 for Chris Roberts to prove it.

Don't beat yourself up reading this thread. This is the thread you'll dig: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773253

Star Citizen, not a scam--and Chris Roberts proved it in 2014, 2015, 2016, err really, 2017--CR's going to really prove those critics wrong. Really, really! Hey, while we wait, wanna buy a spaceship?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5hlz1r/concern_with_f42_being_based_in_uk_and_the_new/

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

That should be a pretty easy commitment. SQ42 is a single player game.

quote:

they could be forced by UK law to do so. How will they prevent this?

I'm sure Chris Roberts will stand up against national intelligence laws to protect you.

XK fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 10, 2016

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I hope 5 eyes doesn't find out about all my underaged virtual space sex slaves.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Thanks for quoting me, Arf. Were you interested in my extensive posting history of screenshots, twitter interactions, ship purchases, reddit account... wait, no, all I do here is shitpost and occasionally talk about accounting and labor issues.

Arf is not obsessed either.

Hav posted:

Not caught up with the thread yet, but apparently both Crytek offices haven't received pay for three months.

Apparently a 'studio' is interested in buying them. Do we know anyone with spare cash that makes bad decisions other than MoMa?

Oh, where'd you see that tidbit about a potential buyer? I might have skimmed it.

Re: pay, the recent Glassdoor reviews for Crytek specifically mention delayed payments from May of this year -- not entirely sure if employees actually are still awaiting wages from that period, or if the payments have been repeatedly delayed. Multiple reviews mentioning that and not being contested or responded to is a red flag. That's not an employer I'd want to work for, obviously. I hope potential applicants are actually paying attention to this stuff and spending their resources on applying to companies in much better positions.

POOL IS CLOSED fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 10, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:reddit:: :ohdear:

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

He actually believes this. I've read quite a few interviews where he is (rightfully) upset at the industry, byproducts of otaku culture and all the other... Inaccessible, products created for an over leveraged out of touch community with very specific, tastes.

One of his driving motives is to tell stories that elevate people. His response is not just being an old man. It was directly speaking against that ultra specific niche application of an idea that was grotesque and something that ran against people who are often seen as less than because of their disabilities.

I'm pretty sure he wanted to stick up for people that don't have a typical range of movement, control, etc. The presenter's joy was misplaced. His initial question really cut to the heart of it, but what is it for?

2am care rant ^ nice meltdown

The issue here is that he, like Anno, seems to have decided that anime is to blame for society's ills and indicated that dedicating his life to the industry was a mistake. It's hard to say how much they believe it. Anno's been far more vehement about it, but he's got the massive disappointment of NGE on his shoulders, and has probably been extremely depressed for a long time. Miyazaki tends to be extremely brutal in his critiques, ignoring the fact that the modern industry is so heavily based on corporate control and profitseeking that trash is just about all that can be turned out unless you're very lucky or have resources from being one of the old prodigies.

Have a carerant in return.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/edproducer/status/807631069948149760

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ben Lesnick, Games Developer

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

What's his font?

Personally I thought they used some form of Agency FB

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Daztek posted:

What's his font?

Personally I thought they used some form of Agency FB

CIG actually used WingDings as the font for their SC logo, but they are just so irreparably incompetent that they accidentally made it look like Agency FB.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Do you think when crobbers gets called out on his pedantic intellectual and property theft, he just regresses and plays it down with "But we're making the BDSSE! Do you want this project to fail?"

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

nawledgelambo posted:

Do you think when crobbers gets called out on his pedantic intellectual and property theft, he just regresses and plays it down with "But we're making the BDSSE! Do you want this project to fail?"
They aren't lying when they say they're using the most talented artists in the industry.

They're just not paying them.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

This guy didn't create the font. "League of Orbitron" is the SC font

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5hm4hn/the_honesty_knob_on_the_caterpillars_yoke_has/

http://imgur.com/ERMS4dI

:ohdear:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Star Citizen: Honesty has Been Removed

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
gently caress is an Honesty Knob?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Fatkraken posted:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Fatkraken posted:

One of the artists went rogue.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

:rip: honesty
Theres no honesty in star citizen anymore

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Star Citizen: Honesty has Been Removed

Mods, can you sticky this?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

tooterfish posted:

They aren't lying when they say they're using the most talented artists in the industry.

They're just not paying them.

they're getting exposure, which is just as good if not better (you can buy yourself a ton of food with that kind of exposure)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The only time Star Citizen had any honesty in it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Just a reminder, "goons" are rarely 'normal'.

For example, I'm batshit loving crazy. I also backed (and refunded) this ~dreams game~. :dealwithit:

I appreciate that honesty has been replaced with pressure.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Star Citizen is how Trump got elected.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

MeLKoR posted:

The only time Star Citizen had any honesty in it.

And yet, the knob reads zero.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
loving hell, Cymelion is an idiot. While the present thread title is obviously the best one yet, maybe the next one should be Star Citizen: Cymelion is an idiot.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Raskolnikov posted:

Just a reminder, "goons" are rarely 'normal'.

I'm batshit loving crazy for example. I also backed (and refunded) this ~dreams game~. :dealwithit:

That's one thing that loving gets me about all the shitizens who say 'be optimistic' or 'stop spreading FUD'. A whole bunch of goons were optimistic, they collectively gave Crobbler hundreds of thousands of dollars towards his project.

But if you have any faith at all left in RSI/CIG being able to complete Star Citizen as pitched at this point, you are not just being 'optimistic', you are being naive at best and most would say delusional. That's why everyone refunded, that's why if you haven't yet, you should too.

Their ability to make this game isn't being affected by people spreading FUD. The uncertainty and doubt are are all being provided wholesale by CIG, by being completely incapable of showing meaningful progress on the project at anything other than a snail's pace.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe posted:

loving hell, Cymelion is an idiot. While the present thread title is obviously the best one yet, maybe the next one should be Star Citizen: Cymelion is an idiot.

Cymelion is an idiot. God drat, that is one stupid person. The stupid I can deal with but he became such a disingenuous twat that it's really starting to grate on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

nawledgelambo posted:

And yet, the knob reads zero.

Makes you think.

:negative:

e:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 10, 2016