Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Phase Shift is pretty fun to use offensively!

https://giant.gfycat.com/DetailedPaleBream.mp4

EDIT: Full patch notes. I thought my shot was a little off this afternoon with the RAW but that was because of the patch. The recoil increase is noticeable but not a big deal, especially if you're using the VMC. R3K is now out of the trash tier, and the Volk felt decent again though I haven't had much time with it.

quote:

Zombies in Spaceland

• Update to kick timing
• MP unlocked camos from challenges are unlocked in both public and custom games in Zombies now.
• Added player nameplates
• Zombies Fix for crafting stations no longer working if a player disconnected while the machine was currently crafting.

Objective and CWL
Map Adjustments

Precinct
Uplink: moved start spawns on Garden side. Moved goal in Garden. Removed some aggressive rooftop resets around the Garden goal. Removed some 15 sports on the map.
Search and Destroy: Moved B bombsite to under Contruction
Frost
Search and Destroy - Moved A bombsite towards mid-map on the cliff lane
Moved Bomb pickup location closer to taem spawns by Cryo
Throwback
Search and Destroy: Moved A bombsite under the bridge at Bike Path . Moved B bombsite up against Silo.
Uplink: Throwing the ball straight up doesn't result in a reset. Goal near Concession adjusted slightly.
Scorch
Search and Destroy: Moved B bombsite closer to Drill. Moved ball spawns for Uplink and Defender
Breakout
Search and Destroy: Moved A bombsite to Showers. Moved B bombsite to Cliff Road near Medical
Uplink: Removed some aggressive rooftop resets around the Cell Block rooftops to allow the ball to be thrown over
Retaliation
Search and Destroy: Moved A bombsite to Bridge

Synaptic Traits Adjustments - CWL Rules ONLY

Combat Burst: Time speed bonus remains active is 3s for CWL

Propulsion: CWL RULES ONLY Time before thrusters start to recharge increased slightly. time for thrusters to recharge increased significantly. Changes put the trait more inline with Afterburner from BO3

Rushdown: CWL RULES ONLY 2.5s delay added to recharge time. Time between dodges is no 7.5s. Reduced speed and distance dodged slightly.

FTL Trait Adjustments - CWL ONLY

Power Slide: Extra slide distance removed

CTF
Exploit fixed. Will return next week.

Uplink
Slight adjustment to release angle and force behind throwing the drone
This will allow the drone the be thrown a little farther and feel friendlier
The goal 'pickup' radie to grab the drone has been increased slightly to make throws feel a little friendler to score
Make sure you head into Custom Games and turn on Practice Mode to get a feel for it!

Hardpoint
Revised Hardpoint spawn logic.

Weapon Balance

Mauler - Mammoth - Recoil increase
R.A.W. - Increased hip spread. Slight recoil increase.
Fists - No longer force a quick swap when in the secondary slot. This allows YY'ing to feel smoother.
DMR-1 - Now a 1 shot kill to the head
EBR-800 - Increased ADS recoil return speed to help with shot recovery
Akimbo - Slight reduction in damage range. Increase in hip spread scale
Kendall 44 - Increased hip spread
Hornet - Increased hip spread
Assault Rifles - Increased base hip spread for all ARs without special hip spread values. This includes the NV4, OSA, Type-2.
OSA - No longer has reduced hip spread relative to other Assault Rifles. Inherits the new values set on Assault Rifles in this patch. Increased recoil to compensate for high fire rate being used at range.
Kbar-32 - Increased hip spread values. These are still lower than the base Assault Rifle hip spread keeping with the weapon's theme. No longer has a reduction in recoil off the first shot. Reduced 5 shot kill range.
Volk- Slight reduction in recoil. Increased 3 shot range.
R3K- Increased 3 shot kill range to help this weapon compete with other ARs

Godzilla07 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Dec 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Good matches we had tonight. And by good I mean "An absolutely fun time hearing everyone go MOTHERFUCKER or some variant".

Also, fun fact: Overkill lets you take two of the exact same weapon. I think I was just giddy with delight when I realized I can spray my FHR-40's extended stockpile mags, then switch to my other Extended Stockpile Mags having FHR-40. Same with the NV4, and the Titan.

Now is it practical? Uh... not in my hands?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I had the best run of games since before IW came out. :stare: drat good fun tonight.

And Gun Game was patched to allow parties! :woop: :getin: :dance:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Not enough of an NV4 nerf, but hey, anything to tone that loving gun down.

Saw a lot more KBars tonight, which is a huge improvement over the last week of NV4rfare.

Rest of the gun changes are cool, just about everything feels usable.

I had a gigantic string of 2.0+ games with the DCM8 and Reaver tonight and golded the DCM8 :stare: At one point half of the enemy team switched to shotguns :laugh:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Steel Dragon was nerfed, it now takes twice as long to kill as a Claw.

~-*Balance*-~

Got a Warden literally just hipfiring an Erad on Frontier. :laugh:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Good news: fixed my scuf.

Bad news: already ordered a new one.

Worst news: whenever I go into create a class I get the error "unable to look up table 'mp/loot/weapon/iw7_arvlassic.csv' in the fastfile" so the OSA is literally so broken it broke my loving game.

Great

E: oh they nerfed it. Well good now please fix my game because I can't play multiplayer anymore.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 10, 2016

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I am in version 2 of "turn it off and back on again" in my live chat with Activision support and when I close my eyes I see world's burning.

Completely ignoring that I told them I tried this and even deleting and reinstalling the game.

E: We're on to version 4 of "turn it off and back on again" but this time we're up to 5 minutes powered off.

I asked why this when we've literally done this 4 times already with power down times of 2-3 minutes and how 2 more minutes will help, but apparently it's the last step and then it can be pushed to the higher up team who will be laughing uncontrollably about me doing this 5 loving times when blatently I just need loadout 1 clearing.

edit 2: ok I am now on with my second activision agent as the first one said I had to recontact them rather than just loving tell them the last thing didn't work.

e3: if they thank me for one more thing I'm going to cry

ed 4: ok now I am essentially starting over with a new person but have a cool support code that I can use to tell them apparently gently caress all

e 5: this guy fixed it in about 5 seconds and now I am questioning why I spent 30 minutes in various states of "turn the PS4 off whilst singing" and "clear the cache of your turned off PS4 with only the power of Kabbalah."

e 6: new guy told me to have fun on the game and rock some players, he has taken all my anger away with his charm

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 10, 2016

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

Puckish Rogue posted:

e 6: new guy told me to have fun on the game and rock some players, he has taken all my anger away with his charm

Ask him if he's single :allears:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Ask him if he's single :allears:

the chat is now closed but I will always remember you, Hubert.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
lets play

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Sorry day day, don't usually play till 10pm+ est, just got in a few quick games with a friend who had time.

They done good with this weapon patch, I played two whole matches and didn't die to an NV4 once!11

Also got wrecked by some dude using a R3K, that thing is a lot scarier.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think I've seen the stupidest guns can possibly get in this game, then I bump into a guy using a 3 burst pistol that kills at insane ranges and its impossible to react to because of the sheer killing speed of it. :geno:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

start sending me invites again when u all go back to blops 3

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Alteisen posted:

I think I've seen the stupidest guns can possibly get in this game, then I bump into a guy using a 3 burst pistol that kills at insane ranges and its impossible to react to because of the sheer killing speed of it. :geno:

A dope rear end gun given to the loyal.

I just got the Phantoms epic taunt in a free 10 key supply drop and it is pretty cool. Uses his gun to shoot down a plane or something. Reminds me of the epic taunts from blops 3.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 11, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Alteisen posted:

The Hailstorm is the poo poo. Even the base version has tons of range.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I can't even get my hate mail addressed to me; it goes to revo instead. :smith:

Here are post-patch stats. As an aside, I got the Spearhead R3K variant out of a box last night, and while the Rapid Fire is nice, there is significant recoil within the burst. You trade the ability to pick people off from headglitches and distance for close-range proficiency.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Godzilla07 posted:

Here are post-patch stats. As an aside, I got the Spearhead R3K variant out of a box last night, and while the Rapid Fire is nice, there is significant recoil within the burst. You trade the ability to pick people off from headglitches and distance for close-range proficiency.
You couldn't really do that with the base R3k, so the spearhead is basically better.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Alteisen posted:

If the Hailstorm was pink and akimbo that was me on my way to aquiring the space dog calling card. Everyone who still plays IW has to get that calling card.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Godzilla07 posted:

I can't even get my hate mail addressed to me; it goes to revo instead. :smith:

http://i.imgur.com/7eyW6hv.jpg

Here you go btw

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Sorry about crashing last night in party chat, I guess I needed the sleep.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

What's the red stuff? Corned beef?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
this cured meat is smoked, not boiled, therefor it is pastrami

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It was the orange hailstorm, dont know what perks that one has.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Another quality release from :iw:

https://gfycat.com/SkinnyMemorableDuckbillplatypus.mp4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

macys why did u send me a psn message about miss marple im really confused.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Because you're... you know... :britain:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i thought that but then i thought "there must be more to it than that" lol

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/YEXpCOk.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/qudY9zz.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/3GnN33b.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/SyVfkWw.mp4

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is that new camo on the Howitzer? It looks snazzy.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Looks like that rainbow zebra camo. I have it for ARs. It's not nearly as good looking as the emblem for it is. It's just too dark.

The lethal blast radius on the launchers are such a loving joke after the last two patches. You can hit literally right beside people and they won't die.
Gotta have that MLG balance at all times, I guess.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 12, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Old actually, it's Spectrum V2, I only have it on launchers and pistols :eng99:

(Not shown, the other 50 times I failed to kill one guy with three grenades from that piece of poo poo weapon and died)

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
the bubble shield :laugh:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Welp, incoming flux of FRESH MEAT.

Guess I'll HAVE to hop on to help make sure the grinder doesn't jam. Also Zombies Pubs are gonna be extremely unplayable most likely.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

widespread posted:

Welp, incoming flux of FRESH MEAT.

Guess I'll HAVE to hop on to help make sure the grinder doesn't jam. Also Zombies Pubs are gonna be extremely unplayable most likely.

holiday pubbies start 10 days early :shobon:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Advanced Warfare brought me back to Call of Duty thanks to the Gung Ho perk - i'm the rear end in a top hat who tries to play CoD like its Quake.

I only played a handful of BO3 because the campaign was so horrifically awful.

Infinite Warfare's got me back on the needle again. All I really need is sticks and stones to return, then I'd truly be the happiest.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if you wanted to play cod like quake and you skipped bo3...

im sorry

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

im sorry

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Propulsion is essentially a better version of afterburner. You can basically never touch the ground with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

im sorry

From my laypersons eyes I can't see a huge difference between IW and BO3 in terms of playstyle.

I get burnt out on the yearly churn, but every so often COD hooks me back in. I prestiged in the first Modern Warfare, then hated MW2 due to killstreaks being overpowered (in my eyes). Black Ops brought me back, particularly with the brilliant hourly and daily challenges. Happy to see a version of these back in IW.

Modern Warfare 3's ability to play as support and actually USE some of the killstreaks kept me happy. Black ops 2 went for some bullshit score-based killstreaks, which meant that i never got to use any killstreaks whatsoever since I mainly play Free For All (with the occasional jump into objective based modes. Don't like TDM much at all.)

My tastes are very different than most, admittedly.

• Locked thread