Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I hope that guy makes an account and posts here since I used to critique fiction back when I thought I was going to be a world famous novelist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

There's.... some....thing, on the wing.... of my Retaliator.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

I'm the writer that's never seen an episode of the outer limits before
gently caress me star trek used that as well didn't it

didn't loving obrien or whatever have a vr prison thing happen to him

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
SimYouLater's writing reminds me of Michael Scott's Michael Skarn script.

Also Samsungs VR for phones is good.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Nightmare at 20,000 Kilometers

By
Ryan
Archer

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 11, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Whoever does the next OP needs to write it as Ryan Archer.

I'm lookin at you, MoMA

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
A man steps out of the Gamestop into the post-apocalyptic ruins of his city

Finally he has time to play all the video games, but then! his VR goggles fall from his face and shatter on the ground

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Maybe chill with the 5,000 word posts. Spread them out every few days or something.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Finally he has time to play all the video games, but then! his VR goggles fall from his face and shatter on the ground

All kidding aside, that was one of the best Twilight Zone's of all time.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Chris has finally been caught by the evil Goons. On the night before his execution, he begs God for just one year to finish Star Citizen

In the morning he's led before the firing squad, but a miracle occurs! Just before they fire, time stops. Frozen along with everyone else, Chris eventually realizes that God has given him the year that he asked for. He sets to work, creating the perfect Star Citizen in his mind

Anyway, he doesn't finish it in time

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheAgent posted:

The doctor in next generation got put into a reality bubble in which characters slowly disappeared until she was the only one left and then the real Enterprise crew rescued her.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

oh wait, I just remembered the vr prison. hahaha jesus christ it was literally a virtual prison too.

From memory the episode was less about how cool that idea was and more about how completely hosed up Obrien got from the experience of living several decades in a poo poo-house prison where he murdered his only friend that didn't even exist.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

if you could ask Chris Roberts a "tough question" that wouldn't get banned for being exceedingly "trollish" what would it be

"What will you do if you fail?"

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"What will you do if you now you have fail failed?"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"What will you do if you fail?"

uhm that sounds like you're saying failure is possible, when in fact I'd say he's already succeeded for having the guts to try to make the BDSEEESES

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Foo Diddley posted:

A man wheezes while he rolls off of some cheeto encrusted $8K sofa into the post-apocalyptic ruins of a crowdfunding campaign.

Finally he has all the time in the world to catalog all the Wing Commander universe. His amulet hung around his neck falls and breaks into a thousand pieces.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Dec 11, 2016

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

A man is being executed by hanging from a bridge. When he is dropped, the rope breaks, he plunges into the raging currents below. He rides the river for several miles to escape. He finally crawls on shore, and he's in luck, there's his Aquilla Constellation. He hops aboard to begin an endless series of amazing adventures, and begin his path of becoming a space hero.

The Constellation starts spinning wildly, clips through the ground, and the man finds himself in a black void.

He feels the rope jerk violently upon his neck.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A warlord who wrote countless words and referenced the word July beyond belief finds himself vindicated.

* A lot of nutsacks explode *

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fooma posted:

Why does StarMarine matter so much when most players will abandon it after a month like Arena Commander? Just to prove Derek Smart wrong?

Because when you desperately need to show some kind of progress, as even your faithful have begun asking why there's so little of it, whipping up an FPS in an FPS engine seems like a pretty neat way of creating a lot of progress with very little work, thus ensuring that the faithful remain faithful and keep sending you money.

At the same time, actual progress would be disastrous because then the faithful might stop sending you money to make the dream come true. Thus, making progress in a wholly irrelevant area is an excellent way of progressing without actually getting closer to anything, which is why SM is so important.

Now, if they could only make the FPS engine behave well enough to actually allow an FPS to be made in it…

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
If cig were smart, which we know they're not, they would have made SM in a vanilla build of cryengine and ran it in a separate executable so that the gameplay would be at least halfway decent for an fps. We all know they are doing this for show and have no intention of merging the SM codebase into that of SC proper. Should have just made a literal cryengine mod with your imported assets.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

The doctor in next generation got put into a reality bubble in which characters slowly disappeared until she was the only one left and then the real Enterprise crew rescued her.

That's weird - this episode was literally on tonight. "Remember Me"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, does anyone have that concept art of that space garden? The one that had the dome over it and poo poo?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Star Citizen: Money is not an issue

source: http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/10/13908156/crytek-employees-not-paid#407281357

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

TheAgent posted:

Sort of, O'brien's thing was they gave him the memories of having been in prison for 20 years. Less VR and more along the lines of Total Recall.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Was Sandi really wearing a $600 sweater?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Thought I might actually read and not skim over a post or two of the new additions to this thread...but no, fuckin' lovely Star Citizen fanfiction just had to make me feel like a fool for even considering it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLoon posted:

Thought I might actually read and not skim over a post or two of the new additions to this thread...but no, fuckin' lovely Star Citizen fanfiction just had to make me feel like a fool for even considering it.

You should write a novel about your experience.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Kakarot posted:

Was Sandi really wearing a $600 sweater?

Well, she's known to wear a quantum vibration energy pendant of uncertain but doubtlessly ludicrous price.

The sweater at least keeps her warm.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Astroniomix posted:

Sort of, O'brien's thing was they gave him the memories of having been in prison for 20 years. Less VR and more along the lines of Total Recall.
I remember that not being the case being a key part of the episode so I looked it up and it's specifically stated in the episode that it was a real experience - although completely fake - and not implanted memories.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

* A lot of nutsacks explode *

New thread title plz

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

MeLKoR posted:

You should write a novel about your experience.

...of Star Citizen? That'd be worth no more than a short cautionary story, if at all. Most likely a metaphorical one too, so as I don't feel too dirty. TBH I don't know why more self-described writers don't like writing short stories more. Every wannabe nerd just aspiring to bloviate their autism like GRRM or Tolkien I guess.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I did like SimYouLater getting into a shouting match with the other team of self-described writers tho.

More posting of SimYouLater vs InfoRedux plz Mirificus. :allears:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

CrazyLoon posted:

That guy's biggest problem with his stories is it's all exposition. Long tracts of exposition are just boring as poo poo to read, and totally non-engaging. It's not even Star Citizen fanfiction, by the way, it's Spore fanfiction (Spore fanfiction, what the gently caress?), and random concept writing exercises.

They could almost be interesting to read, if not for all the exposition. There is the problem where if you remove his boring parts, all the interesting parts come from the original proposition, which he didn't even create.

He's still better than 50% of the population at writing, but that's saying absolutely nothing.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

CrazyLoon posted:

I did like SimYouLater getting into a shouting match with the other team of self-described writers tho.

More posting of SimYouLater vs InfoRedux plz Mirificus. :allears:

SimYouLater getting into an argument with Brenda_Info_Redux is some fantastic "worlds colliding" poo poo.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

XK posted:

That guy's biggest problem with his stories is it's all exposition. Long tracts of exposition are just boring as poo poo to read, and totally non-engaging. It's not even Star Citizen fanfiction, by the way, it's Spore fanfiction (Spore fanfiction, what the gently caress?), and random concept writing exercises.

They could almost be interesting to read, if not for all the exposition. There is the problem where if you remove his boring parts, all the interesting parts come from the original proposition, which he didn't even create.

He's still better than 50% of the population at writing, but that's saying absolutely nothing.

Well yea, basically there's nothing to hook you in, to make you give a poo poo about his tale. Hence why I didn't even notice it's about fuckin' Spore.

Terribly reminiscent of what I remember written about Star Citizen's universe TBH :v: I wonder if that's why he bought into the scam hook, line and sinker like he did? That those, who post this kind of boring drivel, are also terribly easily seduced by it, when it comes from other people?

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 11, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SimYouLater has that cool good writer technique of using every word in the dictionary instead of "said"

spits out
exclaims
states
warns
gently caress, we even get a "conversed"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

that said his stuff is wildly more interesting and fun than the ol inforedux blog

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
suck my oval office

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy