Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

As long as they don't get arrested it doesn't matter what happens. Chris, Sandi, and Co, have prob already grifted 10m+ out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Speaking of the pupper, Mrs. Beet took him to some kind of weird Harry Potter party at the bookstore last night and he won the costume contest apparently.

I should make him a Star Commando suit and take him to CitCon... of course that would require me to actually go to loving CitCon, and no thanks.

This is super adorable. :3:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

aleksendr posted:

Would you think possible that due to poor planing they are caught in a kind of "engineering ponzi scheme" where new sales of ships are actually paying for infrastructure and maintenance instead of progress on the game and that the only way out is to "sell more ships that wont exist for a long time" so they can hope to finish the game someday ?

I think that is exactly what has happened. I do not think Chris realized just how expensive of a gently caress up he made when he decided to make 2 games rather than concentrate on having a new studio completing one to begin with. Chris would have NEVER organically risen to CEO of anything because of his inability to stay on loving target. His history of scope creep on any and every project he touches is the real kiss of death and there will be no loving bail outs for him this time.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

He really likes that threat about having some kind of power he has to restrain so as to not violate constitutional rights.

If he even works for the government, he's probably a mail worker or low level office drone.

Hurry up and sort that mail Gremlich!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CIg should start selling plots of land for people's bases or homesteads or whatever. Just have some of the artists crobble together some basic city layouts and then surround them with ~1000 plots of land each. Shitizens will trip over themselves in their hurry to pay thousands of dollars each for the largest/closest pieces of land.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

scrubs season six posted:

CIg should start selling plots of land for people's bases or homesteads or whatever. Just have some of the artists crobble together some basic city layouts and then surround them with ~1000 plots of land each. Shitizens will trip over themselves in their hurry to pay thousands of dollars each for the largest/closest pieces of land.

Yeah, and Garriot is already doing this, so I'm actually at a loss why Sandi hasn't pitched this idea to Chrios yet.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

XK posted:

He really likes that threat about having some kind of power he has to restrain so as to not violate constitutional rights.

If he even works for the government, he's probably a mail worker or low level office drone.

An actual FED with actual power to do anything against someone on an online message board would have just up and done it, rather than running his mouth. :)

I'm betting he's either unemployed and claiming money to eat from the gov or just one of those really short blokes with a Napoleon complex, or even a combination of the two.

If you can read this Gremlich, get your moms nipple out of your mouth and do something about it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also - and I'm afraid I'm stating the obvious here - even giving Gremlich the benefit of the doubt and taking him at his word that he's some kind of Turbo G-Man or whatever, how loving mentally ill do you have to be to threaten to leverage the power of the federal government against someone because they made fun of a video game on the internet?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Also - and I'm afraid I'm stating the obvious here - even giving Gremlich the benefit of the doubt and taking him at his word that he's some kind of Turbo G-Man or whatever, how loving mentally ill do you have to be to threaten to leverage the power of the federal government against someone because they made fun of a video game on the internet?

I believe in order to judge the level of mental insanity required we would have to consult the 'Gremlich chart' of online retardation, that guy registers a factor of at least 9.5 Gremliches. :)

It's always loving 'registers' in one way or another with citizens isn't it?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beet Wagon posted:

Assuming he did work in some kind of position where he would have any kind of legitimate authority to threaten Constitutional protections: It would be a really impressive and embarrassing way to lose your job as an FBI agent or similar, wasting years of effort, and gaining a permanent black mark on your record against getting any comparable government jobs.

I had a great job as a special agent, but I blew it all on trying to get warrants against some person posting bad things about Star Citizen.

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

That was the gist of my entire exchange with him.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

scrubs season six posted:

Pretty sure this was in the plans some time ago when they showed concept art with an ad selling an apartment or something on a screen. This was over a year ago or so though. They're probably trying to figure out how to do that when they came out with the "social module" except it was a disaster that employed explosive buggies, and showed the community in general that the great ideas of role play in the universe will actually be terrible. Instead of continue it I think they basically just stopped working on that module.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

XK posted:

The people who have actual power never tell you they have actual power.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Pretty bad. :(

I hope that people who have actual power of government and can for real hurt people aren't defending CIG. They may eventually help prosecute it though, once they are educated about it (and stop asking "Are you serious?" after every ten sentences).

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi, hope you're all enjoying screaming at people trying to play the computer game. This is just a quick reminder for you all to take a small amount of time out of your day to call or visit your parents because they love and care about you

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

The people who have actual power never tell you they have actual power.
show don't tell

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

grimcreaper posted:

Don't even joke about that. With the way stupidity is on the rise it could drat well happen and be the reason he gets that award.

'Nobel Peace prize for... Reading animorphs!'

This made me legit lol because I'm picturing the Nobel guy onstage at the ceremony frantically looking around for something to give the award for, when he sees an Animorphs book on the lectern

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Pretty bad. :(

I hope that people who have actual power of government and can for real hurt people aren't defending CIG. They may eventually help prosecute it though, once they are educated about it (and stop asking "Are you serious?" after every ten sentences).

Considering I am the only person in my neighborhood cluster (next to Washington D.C.) that is not a ranking official for some 3 lettered agency, I am quite friendly with everyone and some of us actually game together. The interesting this is that I have brought SC up once or twice and nobody has really heard of it but had a raised eyebrow or two over the money raised. The people in these agencies that actually have the power to gently caress your day up and wipe their rear end with the Constitution have taken years and decades to get to where they are. They just don't hand you the keys to the Kingdom as soon as you are out of training. They are career minded and as serious as they come. At no time do they even consider abusing their power one loving bit and police the hell out of their own community to ensure it stays beyond reproach. Integrity is everything with these people and their salaries, which is VERY nice at that level.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I don't care what context he is doing it in, dude is invoking Vilerat. wtf

Why even bring that up?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

I don't care what context he is doing it in, dude is invoking Vilerat. wtf

Why even bring that up?

I'd assume he's in one of the reddit EVE corps. Remember, he's self-diagnosed with Asperger's.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Someone should probably point out to him that getting a disability check from the government every month does not mean he works for the government.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi, hope you're all enjoying screaming at people trying to play the computer game. This is just a quick reminder for you all to take a small amount of time out of your day to call or visit your parents because they love and care about you
Shut up racist.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Mokinokaro posted:

I'd assume he's in one of the reddit EVE corps. Remember, he's self-diagnosed with Asperger's.

I guess so, but it's still weird to see.

All those Goons are awful, except for the dude who died in Benghazi, because Star Citizen.

If it didn't come from someone as unhinged as him, I'd likely care a lot less.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

TheAgent posted:

for sale: space suit, never used worn outside the house. slightly soiled.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Crytek has reportedly not paid some employees for over 3 months

quote:

Other reports have claimed that Crytek has not received payments which are owed to the company through licensing its engine to third parties, with Crytek currently seeking a business loan to keep the company in operation until it is paid what it is owed.

:filez:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

Considering I am the only person in my neighborhood cluster (next to Washington D.C.) that is not a ranking official for some 3 lettered agency, I am quite friendly with everyone and some of us actually game together. The interesting this is that I have brought SC up once or twice and nobody has really heard of it but had a raised eyebrow or two over the money raised. The people in these agencies that actually have the power to gently caress your day up and wipe their rear end with the Constitution have taken years and decades to get to where they are. They just don't hand you the keys to the Kingdom as soon as you are out of training. They are career minded and as serious as they come. At no time do they even consider abusing their power one loving bit and police the hell out of their own community to ensure it stays beyond reproach. Integrity is everything with these people and their salaries, which is VERY nice at that level.

This is pretty much what I thought. I'm not government but I'm in a professional environment and we don't act like what Reddit seems to think real people act like.

I doubt most of these people who talk like that even have jobs, and if they do it's something like a cashier or something. There's a very real disconnect between what these people feel like reality is (tv and movies), and how real life actually works.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

just loving lol if Crobbers had the balls to put a stop order on his payments to Crytek.

"Well we've really changed it so much it's not even like the one we got from you." :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
What are the chances of CIG making a contract for big bugs with crytek in 2013, and then promptly backing the gently caress out when being told their snowflake game would cost too much in cryengine and pouched a bunch of intern dudes instead?

I meant bux not bugs, but the typo is better tbh

e;fb

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

XK posted:

According to the website linked in his Twitter:

About me? posted:

After a long career in the military followed by continuing government service, I am having some free time to be a photographer. Not a professional photographer, mind you, because I cannot guarantee the consistent results demanded by the exchange of legal tender for services to be rendered.

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 11, 2016

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

This is pretty much what I thought. I'm not government but I'm in a professional environment and we don't act like what Reddit seems to think real people act like.

I doubt most of these people who talk like that even have jobs, and if they do it's something like a cashier or something. There's a very real disconnect between what these people feel like reality is (tv and movies), and how real life actually works.

Exactly. These are broken people that choose not to engage with society, nor do they have any desire to do so outside of their online/gaming escapism. They are very easy to spot if you pay attention.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Mirificus posted:

According the website linked in his Twitter:

I saw that too. That guy isn't old enough to have a long career at anything yet. Come back and talk to me when you are in your late 40's about that career. Continued Gov. service means he has no position at all and is more than likely a sub contractor or paper pusher. This guy is delusional if he thinks he is one of those White Hat Digi-Spooks. Those fuckers fly waaaaay under the radar and do not talk about a damned thing. That is why they are so effective.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

DapperDon posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much par for the course.

Anyone who is responsible and mature enough to actually have worked themselves into a position with any power like that isn't going to be threatening people with it on Reddit over a space ship video game.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

*guy with a sweet job doing roadwork for the county*

Well you see I've had a long career in government and my continued government service is a point of pride... :v:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

just loving lol if Crobbers had the balls to put a stop order on his payments to Crytek.

"Well we've really changed it so much it's not even like the one we got from you." :v:

Truga posted:

What are the chances of CIG making a contract for big bugs with crytek in 2013, and then promptly backing the gently caress out when being told their snowflake game would cost too much in cryengine and pouched a bunch of intern dudes instead?

I meant bux not bugs, but the typo is better tbh

e;fb

It was my understanding, possibly just assumed, that CIG's purchasing of a source license was a one time deal. I could be wrong, and the details of the deal are probably a matter of a private contract.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

It was my understanding, possibly just assumed, that CIG's purchasing of a source license was a one time deal. I could be wrong, and the details of the deal are probably a matter of a private contract.

I genuinely have no idea how the mechanics of licensing like that work, so I just default to the funnier option. It would make way more sense if it was a single-time purchase though.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I have the power to invalidate your Constitutional rights, but I won't, because I'm just that great of a person. You never know, though, so stop talking bad about my favorite video game. I'm putting you on my list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mirificus posted:

According to the website linked in his Twitter:

The Vile Rat thing makes slightly more sense if he's a jarhead type.