Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tokamak posted:

No combos

Come on down to Roberts Shiphouse and pledge for your special ship special

I appreciated this reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I can't remember anyone talking specifically about that

I can tell you that there's a lot of bad blood between CIG and crytek

Go on.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

XK posted:

Is this really from their test release? Really?

There's even more and worse if you follow the link in the quote, those are just a sampling.

I'm withholding belief on those pictures. They're just so bad.

They've shown off many of those screens in some form or another over the last year. Chris really has a hard on for UI's from the 90's that are designed for 800x600. Mobiglas is a clunky, low information console UI that PC gamers typically complain about. The menu design philosophy is a big middle panel showing an image and paragraph of text, and a side panel showing a scrolling list with only 4 elements visible at a time. It's pretty much just a rip off of Mass Effect's UI, except with translucent panels and thinner, 'lighter' fonts/borders.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 12, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

coming up with an in-universe name for your ui then referring to that name always is beyond stupid

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
crobbers poached almost every high level and experienced employee out of there in late 2014/early 2015

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

coming up with an in-universe name for your ui then referring to that name always is beyond stupid

Here's the fun part. So the mobiglass thing is supposed to run as a holographic right? Well because there is no stratospheric ozone layer in space to shield anyone from UV radiation, all space helmet visors are polarized and coated with Kapton which would prevent the mobiglass to be seen. You can experiment with this yourself on a lower level when you put on a pair of polarized sunglasses and then try and look at an Iphone.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

crobbers poached almost every high level and experienced employee out of there in late 2014/early 2015

Seriously? He poached from the very same company that makes his engine? I was always under the impression that those people were laid off from Cry and went there afterwards. That is beyond a dickmove.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TheAgent posted:

And then they left for other opportunities, except for a select few high level people who were paid off?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Wolf Larsen presents...

quote:

As part of INN’s ongoing mission to inform and connect members of the Star Citizen Community, we are pleased to introduce the INN Volunteer Trailblazers Program or ‘Trailblazers’ for short. Whether you are new to the community or an original backer, participation gives you the right to refer to yourself as a Trailblazer, and demonstrates your willingness and enthusiasm to share your love and knowledge of Star Citizen with others.

The Trailblazer Program is not just another Star Citizen Organization. There is no commitment, no forum, subreddit, or Discord channel. The Trailblazers are just normal citizens from every corner of the ‘Verse, who are willing to share their knowledge of Star Citizen and the community with others less informed than they are.

The Trailblazer program matches new Star Citizen settlers with veterans who have volunteered to share their experience and knowledge to assist in whatever capacity they feel is appropriate. There is no prescribed approach. After being connected, Trailblazing for a new Star Citizen settler could be as simple as a quick chat on Discord to answer a few questions or as in-depth as walking them through the process of backing, teaching them to fly, or bringing them to a local BarCitizen event.

There is also no minimum time to be a Trailblazer. If you’ve been in the game for a week and you’ve backed, you know more than the person who has never been on the RSI website. Trailblazing provides Star Citizen veterans with another opportunity to share their love and enthusiasm for the game on a more personal level, by welcoming new members to the Star Citizen community.

The purpose of the Trailblazers program is to provide a friendly, personal welcome for new settlers in the ‘Verse, while simultaneously reducing the probability they might be confused, share misinformation, or drop-out as a result of a poor experience with:

- Backing: Difficulty understanding what’s needed to get started.
- Playing: Overcoming the learning curves on the early gameplay experience and technology issues.
- Expectations: Misunderstanding the nature of backing and playing a game in alpha release.
- Isolation: Difficulty integrating with the community.

If you don’t have time to help with Trailblazing but you’d like to donate funds to support our mission, please visit our Patreon page.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
crobbers even paid some of them to make their own offshoot company to work on SC

having shitloads of money is awesome

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Wolf Larsen presents...

Straight from INN's "Oh God I don't know how to actually DO anything! I'm an ideas guy!" department

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

#IMAINN

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Wolf Larsen presents...

So INN has become even more worthless after the actual enthusiasts left?

Totally expected, since Wolf Larsen is only in it for the pay, and those other guys were drowning in the Flavor-Aid.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I guess you can argue if SC development is progressing or if it's a scam or if I'm full of poo poo or whatever

But there's absolutely no disputing Chris Roberts has made himself some serious money
code:
Ann Est 2008 $125000
Ann Est 2009 $90000
Ann Est 2010 $90000
Ann Est 2011 $100000
Ann Est 2012 $250000
Ann Est 2013 $350000
Ann Est 2014 $650000
Ann Est 2015 $800000
crobbs you're my hero

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Wolf Larsen presents...

pretty soon chris and sandi and wolf and all the trailblazers are going to go live in a cool self-contained village in guyana

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Wolf Larsen presents...

So uhh he has created literal bible thumpers for CIG now?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

As part of INN’s ongoing mission to inform and connect members of the Star Citizen Community, we are pleased to introduce the INN Volunteer Trailblazers Program or ‘Trailblazers’ for short. Whether you are new to the community or an original backer, participation gives you the right to refer to yourself as a Trailblazer, and demonstrates your willingness and enthusiasm to share your love and knowledge of Star Citizen with others.

The Trailblazer Program is not just another Star Citizen Organization. There is no commitment, no forum, subreddit, or Discord channel. The Trailblazers are just normal citizens from every corner of the ‘Verse, who are willing to share their knowledge of Star Citizen and the community with others less informed than they are.

The Trailblazer program matches new Star Citizen settlers with veterans who have volunteered to share their experience and knowledge to assist in whatever capacity they feel is appropriate. There is no prescribed approach. After being connected, Trailblazing for a new Star Citizen settler could be as simple as a quick chat on Discord to answer a few questions or as in-depth as walking them through the process of backing, teaching them to fly, or bringing them to a local BarCitizen event.

There is also no minimum time to be a Trailblazer. If you’ve been in the game for a week and you’ve backed, you know more than the person who has never been on the RSI website. Trailblazing provides Star Citizen veterans with another opportunity to share their love and enthusiasm for the game on a more personal level, by welcoming new members to the Star Citizen community.

The purpose of the Trailblazers program is to provide a friendly, personal welcome for new settlers in the ‘Verse, while simultaneously reducing the probability they might be confused, share misinformation, or drop-out as a result of a poor experience with:

- Playing: Overcoming the learning curves on the early gameplay experience and technology issues.
- Expectations: Misunderstanding the nature of backing and playing a game in alpha release.

If you don’t have time to help with Trailblazing but you’d like to donate funds to support our mission, please visit our Patreon page.

Ok, I actually read all that this time before replying.

lol embarrassing

I hope he's not still being paid by CIG, but considering that he's still trying, he must be getting paid. That poo poo is sad as gently caress.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
fyi that's just finished on his CEO position, I'd estimate some of those numbers in 2013 and 2014 twice or three times higher

XK
Jul 9, 2001

TheAgent posted:

I guess you can argue if SC development is progressing or if it's a scam or if I'm full of poo poo or whatever

But there's absolutely no disputing Chris Roberts has made himself some serious money
code:
Ann Est 2008 $125000
Ann Est 2009 $90000
Ann Est 2010 $90000
Ann Est 2011 $100000
Ann Est 2012 $250000
Ann Est 2013 $350000
Ann Est 2014 $650000
Ann Est 2015 $800000
crobbs you're my hero

I'm totally rethinking my lifestyle of being an honest, loyal, reliable, and upstanding person.

XK fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 12, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

This reads like the mission statement of a PR firm, not a grassroots fan news site.

Oh, wait...

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

I'm totally rethinking my lifestyle of being an honest, loyal, reliable, and upstanding person.
a very very rich person told me once "don't trust anyone worth over 5m dollars"

in my experience she was 100% right

XK
Jul 9, 2001

TheAgent posted:

fyi that's just finished on his CEO position, I'd estimate some of those numbers in 2013 and 2014 twice or three times higher

:eyepop:

I'm going for it, as soon as I figure out my Kickstarter. You guys will shill for me, right? I'll cut you in.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/360988/so-no-sq42-for-holiday-live-stream/p3

quote:

Atleast I didn't spend money I couldn't afford to loose. This makes the pain of constant disappointment a bit easier.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

This reads like the mission statement of a PR firm, not a grassroots fan news site.

Oh, wait...

It really cant be more blatant

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
btw I guess some peeps are looking into a CIGs personal finances

should be interesting

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheAgent posted:

code:
Ann Est 2008 $125000
Ann Est 2009 $90000
Ann Est 2010 $90000
Ann Est 2011 $100000
Ann Est 2012 $250000
Ann Est 2013 $350000
Ann Est 2014 $650000
Ann Est 2015 $800000
crobbs you're my hero

LOL if you don't think he gets far more than that in company perks.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

MeLKoR posted:

Oh, wait...

quote:

Misunderstanding the nature of backing

I really, really, love this one.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wolf Larsen presents...

lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

beer you don't understand, crobbers takes a minimal salary and sandi would never get paid for acting in sq42...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

btw I guess some peeps are looking into a CIGs personal finances

should be interesting

:parpcorn:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sports cars are perks, right?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Did he really not use a registrar anonymizer? Like, seriously, I have my own website, and the whois anonymization is about $2 per year.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

XK posted:

Did he really not use a registrar anonymizer? Like, seriously, I have my own website, and the whois anonymization is about $2 per year.

He did, but he only did it for a few INN sites. He went and created INN everything websites, but only did the anon thing for the main couple.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

Is hobo really doing the Santa thing again?

Also, there's that Porsche.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

XK posted:

Is hobo really doing the Santa thing again?

Also, there's that Porsche.

No that's last years photo. I posted it because you can see "somebody's" 500,000 dollar limited edition sports car in the background.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

He did, but he only did it for a few INN sites. He went and created INN everything websites, but only did the anon thing for the main couple.

Somehow a halfwit like me would be better at that job than this guy getting who knows how much money to run a front for a video game so poorly that all the content creators mutiny and split off to make their own site.

That's such a long, poorly structured sentence, that I gave up, and have no idea where to put the commas, so deal with it as best you can. That sentence wasn't much better.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

No that's last years photo. I posted it because you can see "somebody's" 500,000 dollar limited edition sports car in the background.

Oh, ok. I was going with the "7h" time stamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

spacetoaster posted:

I'm the danger sign that has seen far too much.

Edit: Tax and one of the sources for the above costume.