Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

pee out my butt posted:

No you aren't.

watch me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

pee out my butt posted:

No you aren't.

All it takes is persistence

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I did it and I have every confidence that Jonas Albrecht can as well, because I believe in the power of the Triforce.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Good luck on your terrible, horrible, no good, very bad quest, Jonas Albrecht.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What does fusing all of them even do?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Golden Tingle statue.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's more about the journey than the destination...

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Good luck on your terrible, horrible, no good, very bad quest, Jonas Albrecht.

Each one of these people gets a little ray of light in their life when we fuse kinstones. This is the best quest.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alxprit posted:

It's more about the journey than the destination...

Sounds like the journey sucks worse than the destination.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Golden Tingle statue.

Yeah no.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I support the kinstone fusing quest

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Can you actually get all 3 goddesses moved into the town in minish cap, or only 2? It always seemed like you should be able to get all 3 moved in but they didn't make it possible to complete or something.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

jivjov posted:

Oh and do yourself a favor and look up how to get The Light Arrows. One of the few permanently missable things in all of zelda.

Was there ever a resolution to the Farore/Din/Nayru looking for a house quests? There were always a couple kinstones I just couldn't do.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

FirstAidKite posted:

Can you actually get all 3 goddesses moved into the town in minish cap, or only 2? It always seemed like you should be able to get all 3 moved in but they didn't make it possible to complete or something.

No, you can only get houses for two. It's a reference to how they had to cut the Oracle games from three to two early in development, meaning that Farore got the shaft.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
:(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's worth mentioning that the PAL version of Minish Cap is bugged and won't let you get 100% kinstone fusion.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's worth mentioning that the PAL version of Minish Cap is bugged and won't let you get 100% kinstone fusion.
Motherfucker.

No wonder i couldn't finish it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm pretty sure the bug has specific triggers.

So if you know what you are doing, you can avoid it and get 100%. But if you aren't using a guide you have likely already screwed yourself out of it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The White Dragon posted:

Was there ever a resolution to the Farore/Din/Nayru looking for a house quests? There were always a couple kinstones I just couldn't do.

Yeah; that's one where you have to pick and choose which two Oracle charm things you want to have access to

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I'm sure I finished Minish Cap at some point but I don't remember a lot of this stuff, maybe it's time for a replay. I just finished Link Between Worlds for the first time and hot drat what a game.

Woodstock
Sep 28, 2005
This winter I'll need time to zone out with a video game or two.

I'm going to play Phantom Hourglass and then Spirit Tracks on our Wii U and it will be good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Woodstock posted:

This winter I'll need time to zone out with a video game or two.

I'm going to play Phantom Hourglass and then Spirit Tracks on our Wii U and it will be good.

I'm hoping to do that exact thing this January, and follow it up with A Link Between Worlds.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

If I somehow finish Xenoblade Chronicles in a timely manner I'll jump into Twilight Princess HD for my Winter Zelda Goodness. No idea if that will happen though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

If I somehow finish Xenoblade Chronicles in a timely manner I'll jump into Twilight Princess HD for my Winter Zelda Goodness. No idea if that will happen though.

I finished XCX in a timely manner by playing it for sixty hours then selling it back to gamestop extremely unfinished.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Phimosissy posted:

I finished XCX in a timely manner by playing it for sixty hours then selling it back to gamestop extremely unfinished.

Same, but three hours

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Phimosissy posted:

I did this too except I just put it in a drawer instead of selling it back. I'm playing the Wii XC now though, and I like it a lot more but I'm also at about 60 hours and I have no idea how far I am. The plot builds up in a really bizarre way so that I can't tell if I'm building to a climax or if I'm just going to encounter another entire civilization of random bird people and learn about their politics for no apparent reason.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bicyclops posted:

I'm hoping to do that exact thing this January, and follow it up with A Link Between Worlds.

Play Link Between Worlds first unless you are saving the best for last.

I haven't played the other two yet but there is no way they're as good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

Play Link Between Worlds first unless you are saving the best for last.

I haven't played the other two yet but there is no way they're as good.

I'm just playing the games that I haven't played in order. I'm hoping I can finish them all before Breath of the Wild comes out (I will have to play the last handheld one after ALBW)

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Phimosissy posted:

same except i didnt sell it and only stopped playing because i managed to delete my save file like a moron somehow. ill come back eventually, i was enjoying it a lot

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Why is this the most hideous thing ever

http://store.iam8bit.com/products/hero-of-time-2xlp-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sharrrk posted:

same except i didnt sell it

Well I got like thirty bux for it and it's sitting on a gift card waiting to be turned into some fraction of a switch, so I think I made the right move

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

They look really cool actually :confused:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

sharrrk posted:

same except i didnt sell it and only stopped playing because i managed to delete my save file like a moron somehow. ill come back eventually, i was enjoying it a lot

I've got wind waker HD, (just got the boat) link between worlds unwrapped, both oracles games on my N3DS, and OOT 3D ( I think I'm Just past Goran mines. I want to grab Twilight Princess remake and Skyward Sword, and Minish Cap from VC and I'm SET till the Switch comes out.) Only problem is I just downloaded M Prime Trilogy (never played it) and have Pokemon Sun to beat. Winter of Zelda indeed.

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 14, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

That looks really cool and I'm going to buy it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I sort of agree that it looks sorta ugly tbh and what is the point of an LP if it doesn't look cool? But that kind of graphic design is hugely subjective so if people enjoy it, I hope they buy one.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
http://zelda-symphony.com/pages/schedule#mobileMenu

I'm seriously thinking of going to the one in Honolulu if I can get the time off.

I saw the posters by Chinatown around October and I got really hype. I don't know if I can convince anyone to get time off to go with me, tho.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I was walking through my office and heard an older woman on the phone in a cubicle: "And I got him another videogame, it's Zelda, but the Wind Waker. This one's really good, I think he'll like it."

Wanna meet this powerful gamer mom/grandma.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

So I got a Wii U recently and decided to pick up Skyward Sword. I've never played it, I think I'd already sold my Wii by the time it came out.

I just beat the first temple and I'm trying to return to Skyloft but every time I get to the point where I'm on the bird I'm unable to make him pitch upwards to fly towards my destination. What's going on here? Am I sitting too close to the sensor bar? I'm directly in front of it but only like two feet away. Its set up like this because I have a studio apartment. Do I need to move the sensor bar further back and/or sit further away from it?

This poo poo is very obnoxious. The bird just careens downward into the clouds and I'm unable to make him go upwards and I just turn the game off in frustration.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The distance from the sensor bar shouldn't matter (I don't think the flying even uses it). Try recalibration through the ingame menu (not the home screen)? I'm more positive on Skyward Sword's controls than most but I would still say a big problem is that the controller gets constantly confused and needs to be recalibrated.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, when in doubt with the Skyward Sword controls, recalibrate, especially if you're about to play the clown mini game or the roller coaster one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Don't you need to waggle the Wiimote up and down to make the Loftwing flap to gain height? You can't just tilt the Wiimote upwards.