Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Why is every thread about pooping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
every GBS thread degenerates into poop discussion. I can understand why so many goons want the extra sensitive TP or baby wipes since according to the work thread, 99% of them have hot, burning diarrhea at work multiple times per day due to diet/heavy drinking

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Tato posted:

every GBS thread degenerates into poop discussion. I can understand why so many goons want the extra sensitive TP or baby wipes since according to the work thread, 99% of them have hot, burning diarrhea at work multiple times per day due to diet/heavy drinking

You're forgetting about the percentage of them who abuse opiates and poo poo rock-hard chunks of fossilized excrement, sometimes having to resort to various helpful implements.

After that sort of experience, I can understand the desire for baby wipes.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

denimgorilla posted:

I used to work at Costco.

How'd you get fired?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Haverchuck posted:

trader joes stores are always too small as well and they are owned by the same company, its some kind of psychological tactic

Trader Joe's is the highest profit-per size grocery store there is. $$$$$

Also it loving OWNS.

Shadowfyst
Jun 8, 2003

I went to the largest Costco in the world yesterday. It's pretty big.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KakerMix posted:

Trader Joe's is the highest profit-per size grocery store there is. $$$$$

Also it loving OWNS.

High profit means it's probably bad for the actual customer

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Shadowfyst posted:

I went to the largest Costco in the world yesterday. It's pretty big.

Salt Lake City?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

High profit means it's probably bad for the actual customer
idk. I find it an excellent experience and pretty loving cheap compared to Safeway/Vons/Albertsons and poo poo like that. Their produce is bad, meat is mediocre (though cured meats are good), some of their hippy-dippy snacks are a bit overpriced but most of the basic goods, milk/eggs/cheeses/yogurt, pastas/sauces, spices and poo poo are pretty cheap. It's nice they actually will have like 12 full-time cashiers open at all times, unlike Safeway which has 1 cashier and a bunch of self-checkouts of which half are always broken and still has a long line for them. Plus they follow the Costco-model of actually paying their staff decent wages and good benefits and breaks, so in return their staff is actually nice, and helpful instead of disgruntled underpaid lovely safeway workers.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Xaris posted:

idk. I find it an excellent experience and pretty loving cheap compared to Safeway/Vons/Albertsons and poo poo like that. Their produce is bad, meat is mediocre (though cured meats are good), some of their hippy-dippy snacks are a bit overpriced but most of the basic goods, milk/eggs/cheeses/yogurt, pastas/sauces, spices and poo poo are pretty cheap. It's nice they actually will have like 12 full-time cashiers open at all times, unlike Safeway which has 1 cashier and a bunch of self-checkouts of which half are always broken and still has a long line for them. Plus they follow the Costco-model of actually paying their staff decent wages and good benefits and breaks, so in return their staff is actually nice, and helpful instead of disgruntled underpaid lovely safeway workers.

Can Trader Joes beat 18 eggs for .99 (local safeway price)

Those hippies don't need cig breaks. Send em back to work :whip:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Like most stores, Trader Joe's has some good deals to get you in the door, and some bad deals to take your money. As noted, the produce is terrible. But their frozen vegetables (like leeks) are great.

You just shop at a combo of stores and buy the best deals at each (adjusting for quality). e.g.

Trader Joe's for cheese and frozen berries
Winco for spices and bulk oatmeal
Fred Meyer for saltines
Safeway for meat
Costco for potatoes

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I might be a spendthrift here, but I'm not going all the way to another store for saltine crackers. What are they, 15cents cheaper than Winco?

Winco for most poo poo, Trader Joes for hippie dippie frozen meals, call it a day.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You can do this with Kirkland Brand toilet paper. poo poo's legit. (haha)

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
NWS that poo poo, Pennywise. Don't make me drive down to Kenosha!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
No, it's art.

Also, where are you? We have about 8" of snow on the ground. I should have gone to Costco to stock up on beer.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
necedah lol

we got 10 inches here (that's what she said). watching the packers skullfuck the seachickens.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pick posted:

Like most stores, Trader Joe's has some good deals to get you in the door, and some bad deals to take your money. As noted, the produce is terrible. But their frozen vegetables (like leeks) are great.

You just shop at a combo of stores and buy the best deals at each (adjusting for quality). e.g.

Trader Joe's for cheese and frozen berries
Winco for spices and bulk oatmeal
Fred Meyer for saltines
Safeway for meat
Costco for potatoes

Trader Joe's - cheese, coffee, junk food
Costco - meat, toilet paper, eggs, avocados, household items
Ralph's - meat, vegetables, occasional good liquor on clearance for some reason
Persian Market - vegetables, herbs, mexican beef, single chicken breasts that are somehow 2lbs each
Smart and Final - beer, oh poo poo I forgot something and I don't want to drive far

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You can do this with Kirkland Brand toilet paper. poo poo's legit. (haha)

Did you draw this?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

JnnyThndrs posted:

I might be a spendthrift here, but I'm not going all the way to another store for saltine crackers. What are they, 15cents cheaper than Winco?

Winco for most poo poo, Trader Joes for hippie dippie frozen meals, call it a day.

The joke is that I don't buy saltines at some fancy-rear end normal store, I'll buy them at the weird food dump stores because saltines last forever so you stock up when you see 'em there.

You can get your grocery bill to practically nothing if you're clever. Or if you're like me, you have a normal grocery bill because it's 75% cheap whatever poo poo, and 25% the finest of preserved crinoline onions because :drat: crinoline onions!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

WaryWarren posted:

watching the packers skullfuck the seachickens.

seriously

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ayo check it out I went to Costco this evening before they closed.

Filled up my tank.
Got a frozen lasagna, rotisserie chicken, and Jalsberg Cheese.

The cheese had the wrong barcode or something and they charged me 78 dollar for it lol. They refunded me and were like "how in the gently caress :confused:" NICE TRY COSTCO!!!

Got two slices of combo pizza (za) on the way out!

:yeah:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Persian Market - vegetables, herbs, mexican beef, single chicken breasts that are somehow 2lbs each

That's no chicken breast.

I want to use catstare here but it suggests too much.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco gas should be 24 hour.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Costco gas should be 24 hour.

:yeah:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Today at the pumps was brutal. Apparently, 50% of the people filling up their cars are mentally retarded, or have never pumped gas before. Its incredible.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Does Costco even do gas at those baby states where self-serve is illegal?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Two lovely states. One pretends it isn't lovely. But, in actuality, it is. Maybe more so.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Detective No. 27 posted:

Costco doesn't have gas at all in NY and self serve is legal there.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
:siren: they are building a BJ's Wholesale near me. :siren:

What's this place like? Costco is better right?? :ohdear:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Costco doesn't have gas at all in NY and self serve is legal there.

Makes sense. I hear nobody drives in New York.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yep.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Drunk Nerds posted:

Did you draw this?

No another goon did quite a few years ago I think.

I have zero drawing skills with computer. Even this is far beyond my capabilities.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Detective No. 27 posted:

yeah and it rules cause I have zero interest in pumping gas in the wind and rain like a loving peasant

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I have sinned against Costco and I repent. Went to IKEA, they've got two 'dogs and a soda for $2. They're so bad though. :( Like paying a Swedish person to poop in your mouth and then throw some lingonberries on top.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

yeah and it rules cause I have zero interest in pumping gas in the wind and rain like a loving peasant

i love how people feel some sense of superiority that they dont have to perform one of the easiest tasks i life aka putting liquid into a container

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

Did you draw this?

That image has to be well over 10 years old.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Relevant Tangent posted:

I have sinned against Costco and I repent. Went to IKEA, they've got two 'dogs and a soda for $2. They're so bad though. :( Like paying a Swedish person to poop in your mouth and then throw some lingonberries on top.

Please do not eat the reindeer dogs or whatever political prisoner IKEA food is made out of.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
So last night I noticed at the food court that they don't have polish dogs anymore? They changed their signage. :confused:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

op down, i repeat, OP DOWN

this is some general bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Chinatown posted:

i love how people feel some sense of superiority that they dont have to perform one of the easiest tasks i life aka putting liquid into a container

yeah it rules