Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Seriously what's up with all the recent buzz about Bee Movie?

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Cernunnos posted:

I beelieve its because of how weird it is it has become a bit of a meme.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I beelieve its because of how weird it is it has become a bit of a meme.

I thought a lot of the videos were getting taken down from youtube. That's gotta sting.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

I thought a lot of the videos were getting taken down from youtube. That's gotta sting.

Well, do they hive a leg to stand on?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Right after they generated all that buzz, too.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Arcsquad12 posted:

The copyright owners just want them to dance a little.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

dont be mean to me posted:

The copyright owners just want them to dance a little.

That's because according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Cernunnos posted:

It's roughly a decade old, the people who saw it as kids are now hip meme-creating teenagers.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Guy Mann posted:

the people who saw it as kids

Bless their poor, dead souls.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

It's roughly a decade old, the people who saw it as kids are now hip meme-creating teenagers. drama queens.

FTFY.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The mods are supposed to be awful, not the thread

Orv
May 4, 2011
I swear to god I'll turn this thread around, just watch me.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
any time the thread takes a turn for the worse just spam the .gif of the skyrim spinning dongcopter

anyways

here's something new:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20587/

General Morden fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Dec 13, 2016

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

General Morden posted:

any time the thread takes a turn for the worse just spam the .gif of the skyrim spinning dongcopter

anyways

here's something new:

Okay, while the Japanese schoolgirl thing is right out, I'd like the mod that turns Sanctuary into mini-Japan.

EDITZ: Well, whaddaya know, it's right here. Pity the modder hadn't done up the other towns, though.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Orv posted:

I swear to god I'll turn this thread around, just watch bee.

Fixed that for you.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
I've been browsing recent files on the SSE nexus, hoping to see something good... This is what I found this morning while eating breakfast.

:nws:TFCG - Body Part Weapons:nws:. Giving it a cursory glance its not quite as bad as the classic torso sword, but this has you using "chests" as shields... I can only imagine it uses what ever body modifications you have running in your game.

And of course the guy is shilling his patreon so you can support his "works". :shepicide:

edit: Bonus picture from this mount mod Dragonborn Mounts and Followers SE

Mr. Owl fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Dec 13, 2016

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I dunno about you guys but I, for one, am looking forward to turning my dick into a weird little flaming skeleton guy who drags me behind him while he flies around

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Mr. Owl posted:

edit: Bonus picture from this mount mod Dragonborn Mounts and Followers SE

That mod is golden...

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
By the whorish hordes of Hoggoth!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

It's roughly a decade old, the people who saw it as kids are now hip meme-creating teenagers.

The joke is that no-one saw Bee Movie as kids, it was a gigantic bomb targeted at an adult audience. It was incredibly tame jokes-wise, but it was attempting to trade on the popularity of Jerry Seinfeld, and most of the jokes are about like, tennis, jazz, politics, all this sort of easy listening contemporary yuppie stuff. The meme value is entirely built on the fact that it is an absurdly bad movie featuring Jerry Seinfeld as a talking bee.

This is also sort of a Bee Movie meme revival, because the original swarm of Bee Movie memes are at least three, four years old at this point, maybe more. For this batch I'm guessing someone with tumblr followers found an old meme they liked and decided to lovingly cultivate it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Android Blues posted:

The joke is that no-one saw Bee Movie as kids, it was a gigantic bomb targeted at an adult audience. It was incredibly tame jokes-wise, but it was attempting to trade on the popularity of Jerry Seinfeld, and most of the jokes are about like, tennis, jazz, politics, all this sort of easy listening contemporary yuppie stuff. The meme value is entirely built on the fact that it is an absurdly bad movie featuring Jerry Seinfeld as a talking bee.

This is also sort of a Bee Movie meme revival, because the original swarm of Bee Movie memes are at least three, four years old at this point, maybe more. For this batch I'm guessing someone with tumblr followers found an old meme they liked and decided to lovingly cultivate it.

I give this analysis a B.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Android Blues posted:

In general the movie is incredibly proto-tumblr itself, what with the whole thing essentially being bee social justice. It's not really surprising it went memetic there.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Android Blues posted:

There was this really hilarious and horrifying thing floating around a while back about how they actually had to surgically alter Jerry Seinfeld into a man-sized bee.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Also it's a movie where a woman hooks up with a bee, and is therefore ripe for mocking.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

General Morden posted:

anyways

here's something new:

Anyone who clicked that link would automatically go on a special government list if the mod maker hadn't accidentally managed to create a waxy skinned deformed nightmare thing.

Orv
May 4, 2011
All the expansion work at Guantanamo is actually just for the eventual Nexus crackdown.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Also it's a movie where a woman hooks up with a bee, and is therefore ripe for mocking.

Wait, what? :stare:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah that's not hyperbole.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Polaron posted:

Wait, what? :stare:

It's one of the worst movies ever made for a whole host of absolutely, completely stupid reasons.

That isn't even the worst one.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's one of the worst movies ever made for a whole host of absolutely, completely stupid reasons.

That isn't even the worst one.

I have literally never read the Wikipedia summary for the movie before now and wow, you aren't kidding.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Go to the doctor.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Android Blues posted:

Someone here wrote a really awesome like play-by-play review of it and then someone else copied that whole thing and put it onto a tumblr. I think that might have been partially responsible because not only was it funny, but I started seeing a lot of bee movie poo poo after that got shared around by everyone.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nuebot posted:

Someone here wrote a really awesome like play-by-play review of it and then someone else copied that whole thing and put it onto a tumblr. I think that might have been partially responsible because not only was it funny, but I started seeing a lot of bee movie poo poo after that got shared around by everyone.

Probably neeksy, he despises that movie and wanted to rant on it, I remember.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Was it this?

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
The thing that always gets me about the truly awful Bethesda-game mods is how much work they are. Every time I click on one - like that Japanese waifu one just now - it has like 10 goddamn dependencies that you have to download separately, and sometimes those have dependencies of their own. Every now and then I am curious enough to consider downloading one of them, but every single time I see how much work it would be and decide that idle curiosity doesn't justify it.

I sort of get modders having ludicrous amounts of dedication to utterly bizarre fantasies, but drat, their fans have got some too.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20595/

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Yes, I forgot pick did it.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine