Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

nawledgelambo posted:

How are animations still being worked on for sitting down?

The fact that they didn't mocap ben for sitting down and getting up makes me feel grief :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Enchanted Hat posted:

The fact that they didn't mocap ben for sitting down and getting up makes me feel grief :(

They learned their lesson from last time. Ben should have nothing to do with ship seats.

VengerTL
May 29, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

i kind of admire lethality's never give up, never surrender attitude

His comments on r/starcitizen read like a parody but he does it so well Im worried sometimes he actually means it, like that north korea subreddit that people initially thought was parody

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/808443761797824512

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tokamak posted:

Not animations, but animation. This is the one true 'getting in and out of chairs' animation that is going to be copy/pasted for maximum fidelity.

Pff. We already got that 11 years ago.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Enchanted Hat posted:

The amount of mocap required and the budget for in game rendering limits would rival the Bengal's.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Chunjee posted:

Not strong enough :negative:

I watched it. It's bad. Real bad.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

I'm sure it's fine and Star Citizen still has another two years of not releasing anything worthwhile in it yet.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Enchanted Hat posted:

They don't have enough ping pong balls.

No one does.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

nawledgelambo posted:

How are animations still being worked on for sitting down?

If they made the graphics better, all these minor details just kind of vanish.

Hell, in most cases, just having a really good idea that you believe in really hard basically makes a game appear. If you don't believe enough though, all the programming needs to be built by hand. And it's slow. :(

I guess Citizens don't believe hard enough. :(

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Derek is the boy who cried ELE

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Cry ELE and let slip the beagles of legal

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The Touchable definitely sounds like a film feat. mae demming and the tickler in black

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

tooterfish posted:

They don't have enough ping pong balls.

No one does.

So when Mythbusters tested that whole idea of raising a sunken boat with ping pong balls, they should have just inserted Ben instead?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Have we got a link to the show?

FOUND IT! http://myxtv.com/shows/videos/cast-me-ep2

drat that's bad

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

drat that's bad

"My friend sandy is amazing, she raised 100 million dollars to make this video game."

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

someone tell grandpa that isn't a meme

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

someone tell grandpa that isn't a meme

:ughh:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tippis posted:

So when Mythbusters tested that whole idea of raising a sunken boat with ping pong balls, they should have just inserted Ben instead?

thats like raising the titanic with the hindenburg

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

hanales posted:

"My friend sandy is amazing, she raised 100 million dollars to make this video game."

be super interesting to get a look at their books, i wonder how much sandi paid them with backer money to get more screen time

would a tv show owned by a network have to show their financials?

looks like yes, just need to wait for the 2016 books to be put online

http://corporate.abs-cbn.com/investorrelations/financial-and-operational-performance/pid-1416534102761/annual-report/

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 13, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Really Sandi is the touchable one.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I don't know why, but imagining Chris Roberts ripping out his hair because Costner is coming after him again is funny.

"God dammit Kevin Costner! What did I ever do to you?!" :argh:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

alf_pogs posted:

This sounds kinky. I'm game! :omarcomin:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

So… absolutely awesome?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Iglocska posted:

Hope it works out for you man, I had to do a fair bit of pushing to get it sorted, including threatening with legal action etc. In the end they refunded everything, including gifts received.

I am genuinely hoping that they look at the damage I've caused to them in the past, look at how much it would cost to deal with me, and decide it's better to avoid the conflict. If not I have no problem putting the same effort and dedication I spent building them up towards tearing them down.

Apparently the LA City Attorney is suing retailers for fake sales. I wonder how he would consider CIG's actions.

BTW if you have any ammunition I could use I would appreciate it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hello, I think you guys should stop reading 500,000+ word fanfictions by literal autistic men to scrutinize closely and laugh at the factual or narratological inconsistencies.
I think you guys should definitely not follow these people over every possible website and social media platforms regularly and without pause for months on end, because it is really obsessive and weird.
And I still am baffled you encouraged a mod doxxing someone, and wish to do it again, just because people like the wrong nonexistant videogame. Please don't doxx anyone or send death threats.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have some pretty dank memes that you could use. I'm sure they would appreciate them.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR_BjaONb_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGjLQQcN4Hs&t=52s

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Amazing. And I seem to recall they've had similar problems before, but with characters being removed at the edge of FoV.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

If we judge me by my history I'm a lazy drunk who will never amount to anything who's parents pay for everything for him.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Amazing. And I seem to recall they've had similar problems before, but with characters being removed at the edge of FoV.

According to this guy the hangars are getting smaller, I assume they are trying everything they can to improve performance. "Everything" meaning the simple stuff that doesn't require a lot of effort.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

AP posted:

According to this guy the hangars are getting smaller, I assume they are trying everything they can to improve performance. "Everything" meaning the simple stuff that doesn't require a lot of effort.

Also, things that really shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to begin with. Wth?!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Jesus loving Christ.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Daztek posted:

Cry ELE and let slip the beagles of legal legal of war

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I am genuinely hoping that they look at the damage I've caused to them in the past, look at how much it would cost to deal with me, and decide it's better to avoid the conflict. If not I have no problem putting the same effort and dedication I spent building them up towards tearing them down.

Apparently the LA City Attorney is suing retailers for fake sales. I wonder how he would consider CIG's actions.

Check your states deceptive trades and practices act. most states allow triple damages as long as you are under the small claims limit, which means the total you are seeking is under whatever your states limit is, and you cant ask for less damages to get around that. Im not a lawyer so read the law yourself and decide if they comply, haha.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DogonCrook posted:

Check your states deceptive trades and practices act. most states allow triple damages as long as you are under the small claims limit, which means the total you are seeking is under whatever your states limit is, and you cant ask for less damages to get around that. Im not a lawyer so read the law yourself and decide if they comply, haha.

Holy poo poo they practically run the gamut of Maryland's law.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

Elite: Dangerous has a tabletop RPG hitting kickstarter on the 16th. How long until RSI realizes there are other untapped funding angles? Could they take the crown from Far West for most notorious RPG non-delivery?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if they were checking this thread after your request, if they actually try to give you the runaround I'll be impressed.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

EverettLO posted:

Elite: Dangerous has a tabletop RPG hitting kickstarter on the 16th. How long until RSI realizes there are other untapped funding angles? Could they take the crown from Far West for most notorious RPG non-delivery?

Good thing someone stepped in to deliver a substitute. Not quite the quality of Goat Simulator: Waste of Space, but pretty close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

EverettLO posted:

Elite: Dangerous has a tabletop RPG hitting kickstarter on the 16th. How long until RSI realizes there are other untapped funding angles?

No need. CIG are already the masters of the metagame. A tabletop would be redundant.