Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Holy poo poo that is quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Did I miss something? Seemed like a pretty boring/typical little quest.

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's a pretty cool little quest.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

mlmp08 posted:

Did I miss something? Seemed like a pretty boring/typical little quest.

Did you take the bribe, or did you track down the werewolf and discover Magrit's plot?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I don't remeber that one at all and I'm pretty sure that I did all of the notice boards in velen. Hell, the only notice board that is still yellow in my game is the gwent quest in skellige that I have zero interest in.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Well I got around to doing this.

also, im pretty sure I would've missed this little cool thing had I not been running around completing all of those PoIs:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That sellout deserved it.

Did you find the flying ghost ship and the Bear funeral pyre?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I missed a couple of question marks, I couldn't figure out how to get to them because they seemed to be underground and there was no cavern entrance nearby so I just abandoned them for the sake of my sanity.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I AM BRAWW posted:

also, im pretty sure I would've missed this little cool thing had I not been running around completing all of those PoIs:

She didn't deserve the terrible fate of becoming a totally obnoxious card in standalone gwent

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I AM BRAWW posted:

what am i suppose to do with my life now that i am finished the video game..
What I'm doing is I'm stretching this B&W playthrough reallllllly thin and praying that Cyberpunk releases sooner than later.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Palpek posted:

What I'm doing is I'm stretching this B&W playthrough reallllllly thin and praying that Cyberpunk releases sooner than later.

Well, good luck with that.

See you in 2022

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

We pretty much don't have a scrap of information other than the name do we?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

There was a trailer! :downs:

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Lone Badger posted:

Back when Wild Hunt came out, CDPR made it clear that they wouldn't be talking about the game until they were fully done with Witcher 3. Given how big CDPR are now after Witcher, my money's on Microsoft or Sony getting them to unveil first gameplay at the next E3. They're currently hoping for it to come out either in 2017 or 2018.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

No, but that hasn't stopped plenty of people already treating it like it's going to be the second coming of christ

Whatever it even is

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

We know the most important part, it's the new game from CR Projekt Red. So I'm excited just like for any game from another dev team that I have respect for.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

There may be flying cars, and there may be combat involved with said possible flying cars.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Roachrider 2020

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
They better have a model of car called the R-04CH or something.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
If you need something to keep you busy:

Spoilers for BaW, The Warble of a Smitten Knight*

If you don't encourage Viv to let Guillaume help, she can later be found in Novigrad, I know some people already know this. A tiny number of people know that she'll show up in Skellige too. But there's a third state I don't think anyone has found yet.

*The original title of the quest was The Knight Stalker

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Good to have confirmation that telling Guillerme to gently caress off is the good ending.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Comte, why was it coded in that each time you finish a conversation with a character, they have to walk in a wide circle bumping you out of the way before standing stationary again?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

Good to have confirmation that telling Guillerme to gently caress off is the good ending.

Eh, they seem happy enough if you meet them.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

A few pages back someone said if you get the skill that makes food heal you for 20 minutes it makes you rich. How does that work?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

MikeJF posted:

Did you take the bribe, or did you track down the werewolf and discover Magrit's plot?

The latter.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

If you need something to keep you busy:

Spoilers for BaW, The Warble of a Smitten Knight*

If you don't encourage Viv to let Guillaume help, she can later be found in Novigrad, I know some people already know this. A tiny number of people know that she'll show up in Skellige too. But there's a third state I don't think anyone has found yet.

*The original title of the quest was The Knight Stalker

So I need to go find her in those three areas now... thanks.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Drewsky posted:

A few pages back someone said if you get the skill that makes food heal you for 20 minutes it makes you rich. How does that work?

I can only assume it's because you'll never need to buy food.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I'm so glad I bought the Witcher 3 during Black Friday, this game is fantastic. I finally got a chance to play it over the weekend. I've always heard good things about it but I have a hard time getting into single player games these past couple of years.

The writing in this game is amazing and I love how the game punishes you for being too naive. I just finished the Bloody Baron questline and still finishing up some Valen sidequests. I'm excited to see what the next city brings in regards of story telling.

The only thing I dislike so far is how the camera moves during combat. It's hard to fight multiple enemies at once with a controller. I would play with a mouse and keyboard but I prefer the controller for this game since it's easier for me to dodge and parry with.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Rabid Snake posted:

I'm so glad I bought the Witcher 3 during Black Friday, this game is fantastic. I finally got a chance to play it over the weekend. I've always heard good things about it but I have a hard time getting into single player games these past couple of years.

The writing in this game is amazing and I love how the game punishes you for being too naive. I just finished the Bloody Baron questline and still finishing up some Valen sidequests. I'm excited to see what the next city brings in regards of story telling.

The only thing I dislike so far is how the camera moves during combat. It's hard to fight multiple enemies at once with a controller. I would play with a mouse and keyboard but I prefer the controller for this game since it's easier for me to dodge and parry with.

So many camera mods.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

2house2fly posted:

I can only assume it's because you'll never need to buy food.

People buy food? There's a pantry's worth in every container, not mentioning all the sandwiches every bandit carries.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I played this game on PS4 and beat Velen and the majority of the big sidequests before heading to Novigrad, before stopping because the long console load times and accidentally taking a sidequest way tougher than I anticipated got to me.

So now I'm back to it after almost finishing FFXV, and wow, assuming both games had a roughly equal development time (time between W2:EE and W3 is 3 years, FFXV was only ever properly in development for about three years), wow what an endearing yet clusterfuck of a game that way, and I'm excited to get back into it with the GOTY edition... and a proper PC.

I'm planning on using it with a Steam controller - can anyone comment on whether there's a good setup beyond the recommend one? And additionally, anything I should know in general coming back into the game? Like, I didn't know until Novigrad that I could use my crossbow in the water, and I also feel like I was missing a bunch of Witcher School gear or accidentally sold poo poo that I was meant to keep. At least I beat the tutorial this time around having crafted both the Viper school swords.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I don't think it's possible to sell anything you need. I'd recommend not selling runestones because there's a guy in the high-level area north/east of Novigrad who can use runestones to make some decent extra enchantments for your swords and armour. Also definitely get the skill which makes food heal you for 20 minutes, it saves a lot of hassle. Although being on PC there's probably a "use food automatically" mod.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

bewilderment posted:

I played this game on PS4 and beat Velen and the majority of the big sidequests before heading to Novigrad, before stopping because the long console load times and accidentally taking a sidequest way tougher than I anticipated got to me.

So now I'm back to it after almost finishing FFXV, and wow, assuming both games had a roughly equal development time (time between W2:EE and W3 is 3 years, FFXV was only ever properly in development for about three years), wow what an endearing yet clusterfuck of a game that way, and I'm excited to get back into it with the GOTY edition... and a proper PC.

I'm planning on using it with a Steam controller - can anyone comment on whether there's a good setup beyond the recommend one? And additionally, anything I should know in general coming back into the game? Like, I didn't know until Novigrad that I could use my crossbow in the water, and I also feel like I was missing a bunch of Witcher School gear or accidentally sold poo poo that I was meant to keep. At least I beat the tutorial this time around having crafted both the Viper school swords.

Just use your PS4 controller, why the gently caress would you bother with the steam one?

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Cause it owns, as somebody who has a PS4 and a steam controller I wish I could use the steam controller instead of a ds4 on PS4 games.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

andrew smash posted:

Cause it owns, as somebody who has a PS4 and a steam controller I wish I could use the steam controller instead of a ds4 on PS4 games.
Actually it's also because I didn't realise that the Steam Link has inherent bluetooth. My PC doesn't actually have a bluetooth adapter and I just assumed the link didn't have one either.

edit: also since it's unclear, I'm doing the whole couch-gaming thing and streaming through a Steam Link, and so while a DS4 works great in-game I assume it doesn't work quite as well as a Steam Controller for navigating Steam in general.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 13, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Just doing the Novigrad stuff again, and it really needs to be repeated just how sad the Triss stuff is. Geralt needs to :sever:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Just doing the Novigrad stuff again, and it really needs to be repeated just how sad the Triss stuff is. Geralt needs to :sever:

To be fair it's Triss who bears responsibility for the whole bullshit.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

2house2fly posted:

Although being on PC there's probably a "use food automatically" mod.

I used a mod that just made health regen out of combat.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

MikeJF posted:

To be fair it's Triss who bears responsibility for the whole bullshit.

Oh absolutely.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

redbackground posted:

Comte, why was it coded in that each time you finish a conversation with a character, they have to walk in a wide circle bumping you out of the way before standing stationary again?

Typically this happens because their positions for the scene and their positions outside of the scenes don't line up. Since our characters can't actually walk backwards, if there is a mismatch on where the NPC is standing and where they WANT to be standing, they may need to take a few steps forward before they can turn around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

bewilderment posted:

Throw jump/roll and run/dodge on the back paddles, light/heavy attack on RB & RT. I have witcher senses mapped to he LT soft pull, and gyro enabled on a full click that i use to aim bombs/crossbow.