Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

The Senator Giroux posted:

Brings in a live drummer and cranks the reverb?

The part in "Staind Glass" with Adam Scott Aukerman incredulously reacting to that is some of the best payoff for knowing all three personalities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
10/10 HDTGM ep for the part where anna tries to convince JDR that someones balls falling out of their shorts is erotic.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Work Friend Keven posted:

10/10 HDTGM ep for the part where anna tries to convince JDR that someones balls falling out of their shorts is erotic.

Yeah I found her kinda grating the rest of the time but that made up for it

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What's with the Earwolf outros being cut off early all the time now?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Cody got into the wires again.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

What's with the Earwolf outros being cut off early all the time now?

IIRC it's being cut off after "Earwolf", which I assume just means that they feel like people finally understand what podcasts are enough to remove the "radio" part. The "Boom! Dot com" may just be collateral damage.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

IIRC it's being cut off after "Earwolf", which I assume just means that they feel like people finally understand what podcasts are enough to remove the "radio" part. The "Boom! Dot com" may just be collateral damage.
I believe it's (or was) "earwolf radio punto com".

I guess it's a sign of how efficient I am at stopping before the credits that I haven't noticed the change.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

WoG posted:

I guess it's a sign of how efficient I am at stopping before the credits that I haven't noticed the change.

I use the feature in Downcast where you can skip X minutes from the beginning or end of podcasts, so never hear the stings any more.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WoG posted:

I believe it's (or was) "earwolf radio punto com".

It took years before I realized this.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
As a non-Spanish speaker, clearly I was very confused.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

It's a riff on Kroll's El Chupacabra character. That's how he always announces the radio station in those bits, "El Gato PUNTO com!"

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Mr. Squishy posted:

She's got a podcast she records from home and presumably is a disciple of the Todd Glass school

The Senator Giroux posted:

Brings in a live drummer and cranks the reverb?

Also doesn't know who U2 is?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i would not know the names of any members of u2 or a single one of their songs if it weren't for the podcast "u talkin u2 to me"

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I know their guitar player named himself after a wrestler and the singer is named bongo.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Are you talking about Thedge and Bonobos?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

HorseRotorvator posted:

It's a riff on Kroll's El Chupacabra character. That's how he always announces the radio station in those bits, "El Gato PUNTO com!"

i just listened to the ep where he does the earwolf thing for the first time. its so weird hearing it in context, also he nailed it on the first try

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

hwee hwee hwee

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Help Im Alive posted:

hwee hwee hwee

OH MAN WAKE UP

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Holy gently caress the Christmas ep of CBB is so good. Drew Tarver is a pixie genius. "I buried $15 million at ground zero"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Holy gently caress the Christmas ep of CBB is so good. Drew Tarver is a pixie genius. "I buried $15 million at ground zero"
there is a thread for cbb but you are correct. he and the rest of the cast of bajillion dollar properties were all amazing additions to the lineup.

tim baltz might be my mvp of the year, if only for "sugarbabies"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

cams posted:

tim baltz might be my mvp of the year, if only for "sugarbabies"

Are they mickey rooney sugarbabies?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I4H is real fun this week, Armen makes a great Charlie Brown.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 15, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah that was fantastic. A little less focused than their Christmas Carol episode, but still really solid. Love whenever they go outside of the Armando format.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Just found out The Hooray Show has a pseudo I4H episode:
http://pca.st/episode/bb7a46d0-fef4-0133-9c92-59d98c6b72b8

It's interesting to hear their improv with occasional effects and edits, feels a bit more like Superego.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Now that Rogue One is out, we can finally find out which one of Gourleys friends it was that auditioned for it. It absolutely has to be one of Blasucci, Lapkus, and Lund.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

ArtVandelay posted:

Now that Rogue One is out, we can finally find out which one of Gourleys friends it was that auditioned for it. It absolutely has to be one of Blasucci, Lapkus, and Lund.
Didn't he talk about Episode 8 though? Not the 8th Star Wars

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Midroll is now offering Howl content via Stitcher's new premium service. It sounds like within the next year or so the Howl app is gonna get discontinued and Howl accounts are all gonna migrate to Stitcher, which makes sense as I assume Stitcher is better to use and there's no point in maintaining two apps.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, but Stitcher is also not good. So I'll still have to use two apps, one where I listen to 90% of my podcasts, and one where I kinda forget I have it. Just like now!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Are we gonna lose access to the nifty RSS feeds for Howl stuff from that 3rd party website?

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup

Piquai Souban posted:

Are we gonna lose access to the nifty RSS feeds for Howl stuff from that 3rd party website?

That was my first worry too. If they go then I'm cancelling the subscription.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Piquai Souban posted:

Could someone post a refresher on this workaround? I'm thinking of subscribing for some of the premium content but only if I can avoid having to use the Howl app.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
https://howl-rss.128.io/

Poke around there!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I used to use the Stitcher app on my Android phone as a general podcast app. Every time I would resume a downloaded podcast it would freeze for 1 or 2 seconds before playing. The app did not seem very good.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Aww, Gourley is apparently now officially a part of the Star Wars canon :unsmith:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Edit: wrong thread

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 22, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think with any other podcast I would immediately skip a live episode where the guests are people from the audience but I need my weekly hollywood handbook

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The boys make it work though, they make. it. work.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Not only did we get an hour of Hayes and Sean dunking on their fans, we got a "KEVIN!!!" as well, I've been missing those.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Kevin almost seems too game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
plus brett might be a fake engineer, which is stolen valor