Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

LividLiquid posted:

"Never do a thing you think would fun that has an outside chance of financial gain with money you can spare." - MRT.

I mean, I know you've been on the other end of some of my meltdowns, but c'mon, man.

What would it cost? Five grand? Because I'd pay five grand for a story I could tell for the rest of my life, and that's the worst that would happen.

If you want to spend five grand to hang out with Kevin Nash, you could - at bare minimum - try to team up with some local business or charity and turn it into a meet-and-greet instead. I'm sure Big Daddy Cool would at least humor you afterwards if you agreed to cover his bar tab. I have no idea how many Kevin Nash fans are in Washington or if you could reach any of them but it seems like a better path to monetize your idea than shoot interviews. Or if you want to go big, attempt organizing some type of wrestling fanfest.

Wrestling fans are traditionally dickheads when it comes to digital support. There's big wrestling torrent sites that have operated for years, a two man operation like Wrestling Observer gets pirated, there's live streaming sites for every live event regardless of the promotion's size. Everything gets stolen. I'm not saying it's impossible. Kayfabe Commentaries has some how made it work but their business model seems more planned out then 'throw it up for $5-10 and hope enough goons/redditors are interested to cover my costs'

(But if you really have to go through with this. Let me cast my vote for Don West over Kevin Nash. I think he lives somewhere in Washington.)

- edit Thanks Google "TIL Kevin Nash held an auction where the winner got to "Smoke a cigar with Nash" and have a steak dinner with him for $2,300 - There were no bids." https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2wf1qi/til_kevin_nash_held_an_auction_where_the_winner/

From the same thread:
"Reminds of when Scott Steiner was charging $200 for people to come eat lovely mexican food with him before his match at Comicpalooza in 2013. Sad thing is that people actually forked over the money to watch him stuff his face with guac and drink three pitchers of margaritas."

"The best thing about this is that he was completely trashed by the time he had to wrestle. The announcers built up how this was a family friendly show before his match and before Steiner gets to the ring he grabs the mic and says gently caress about 12 times, calls one wrestler a human being and then he threw out a few more fucks. If I recall, the only time he was in the ring was for the finish when he made a wrestler tap with the Steiner Recliner. Needless to say that Comicpalooza will never have Steiner back again."http://www.comicpalooza.com/event/dinner-steiner/

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Get Scott Steiner but only ask about his Shony's.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Charity/fund raiser is a way better use of your excess money than a poorly thought out vanity project. If you have no need to turn a profit, then don't bother seeking one. Also, I'm told that helping other people is a nicer thing to do than pursuing a misguided personal aspiration.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

why bother going after Kevin Nash when the guy we all want to hear from is Alberto Del Rio

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

actually yeah fork over all your cash to book Delberto and if by some miracle he actually shows up ask questions about nothing but his personal and romantic life

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
yo you keep saying how you are super entertaining and that is your selling point but your original pitch didn't have anything unique or entertaining about it, just the fact that your camera audio is better

if you wanna ride on your 'I'm a professionally entertaining dude' then come in here with a pitch that reflects that rather than 'I want to do the thing that everyone else does but I can probably make it look better'

Nothing about that makes you stand out at all. If something is shittier visual or audio quality but more interesting in and of itself, I'll choose the lower quality every time. Go back to the drawing board, find something that is something that you can actually *add* to the market, then come back here with no logistics/plan/contacts/opportunities and be laughed at again. As it stands you're just saying that your shoot videos will be way super better trust me I've been doing other things that are almost related to interviewing people that I have a limited knowledge of so I can totally do this

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
alternatively book wrestlers saying you are doing shoot interviews but when they arrive act like you fully believe the product is 100% real and ask them about every stupid storyline in kayfabe and things like how they are still walking after taking a suplex off the top ropes

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

LividLiquid posted:

15% finder's fee, and a name bigger than TNA. Go.

I will work my hardest to get the Mouth of the South to shout jack off instructions over his megaphone.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
If you're only doing it "for the story," I'm going to present you with three stories. You tell me which one is the best story:

1. "I had five grand burning a hole in my pocket so I donated it to charity."

2. "I had five grand and some personal ambition burning a hole in my pocket so I spent it putting together a fundraiser and was able to raise a bunch of money for charity."

3. "I had five grand burning a hole in my pocket and I dunno I thought it'd be cool to meet Kevin Nash"

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Karmine posted:

If you're only doing it "for the story," I'm going to present you with three stories. You tell me which one is the best story:

2. "I had five grand and some personal ambition burning a hole in my pocket so I spent it putting together a fundraiser and was able to raise a bunch of money for charity."

3. "I had five grand burning a hole in my pocket and I dunno I thought it'd be cool to meet Kevin Nash"

4. "I had five grand burning a hole in my pocket so I flew out to Florida and paid Kevin Nash to go to Gatorland with me'

That'd be pretty cool :shobon:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

MotU posted:

alternatively book wrestlers saying you are doing shoot interviews but when they arrive act like you fully believe the product is 100% real and ask them about every stupid storyline in kayfabe and things like how they are still walking after taking a suplex off the top ropes

By the way I would actually watch this.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

LividLiquid posted:

Ideally, though, I'd land ideologically on the Louis CK model.

So the plan is to block the door and make Kevin Nash watch you jerk off, got it

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I'm a professional interest entertainer!!

*pouts in corner*

How's about you go back to that other show of yours, work on that for a minimum of a year, maybe two, really hard in building an audience and making a name for yourself through that. Then try another vanity project instead of spastically attaching yourself to whatever fleeting idea runs through your head at any given moment.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

By the way I would actually watch this.

id make it but im only an entertaining hobbyist

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
The op has a terrible idea and is ignoring advice from other posters in this thread, and I don't know how to handle that.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Good luck :-)

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

LividLiquid posted:

So after it was made clear to me that I was becoming too insufferable to hang out here, or anywhere else for that matter, I disappeared for awhile and made a show where I could throw all that poo poo without ruining everybody else's good time:

As you say, you make the most insufferable posts here, and I agree. I know you from the South Park thread where you whine after every episode every season about how offensive whatever they're doing is. What does the "Offended by South Park" guy have to offer the shoot interview community that isn't already being done?

The only interview I'd be interested in seeing you do is an interview with Vince Russo because I think that would be funny. I'm sure he wouldn't agree to it, but maybe his co-host lackey would. Look up Jeff Lane.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Karmine posted:

The Kevin Nash one is way cooler

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

people responded seriously and earnestly to this thread and that is just shameful

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

oatgan posted:

The Kevin Nash one is way cooler

And if LL agrees he's free to pursue that option!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if i had 5000 us dolars i would waste it on alcohol, drugs and prostitutes and i would invite all my friends in this forum.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dromal phrenia posted:

people responded seriously and earnestly to this thread and that is just shameful

I think I maintained my usual 3:1 ratio of shitposts : serious advice here pretty well, considering the circumstances.

Karmine posted:

4. I had $5000 burning a hole in my pocket so I bought a controlling interest in TNA and made myself lead commentator (I guess this is charity of a sort)

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

dromal phrenia posted:

Wrestling fans are too nice.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I watched your video on Falling Down because I like that movie and it was like an hour of complaining about white guilt and entitlement issues so yeah good luck buddy, maybe you can get Mick Foley on your show and you can both talk about how cutting edge it is for Sasha Banks and Charolette to use a kendo stick or fall 12 feet onto a padded anouncer's table

Scotty Slasher did a shoot interview with Diablo Jr where he talked about doing cocaine with Ricky Morton and banging underage ring rats in the middle of the field and I don't even know if it got 20 views.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

RealFoxy posted:

I watched your video on Falling Down because I like that movie and it was like an hour of complaining about white guilt and entitlement issues so yeah good luck buddy, maybe you can get Mick Foley on your show and you can both talk about how cutting edge it is for Sasha Banks and Charolette to use a kendo stick or fall 12 feet onto a padded anouncer's table

what a couple of pussy bitches am I right fellas

e: Falling Down is a terrible fake deep movie lmfao

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

Scotty Slasher did a shoot interview with Diablo Jr where he talked about doing cocaine with Ricky Morton and banging underage ring rats in the middle of the field and I don't even know if it got 20 views.

Thats awesome, is it on youtube?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Thats awesome, is it on youtube?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr-ow4fvT5M

I just spoiled the two best stories :negative:

I wasn't there but I've always heard how white trash he is and he's got like 8 kids that ran around during MSW shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MotU posted:

yo you keep saying how you are super entertaining
Ha! I didn't, actually. I said I've spent my adult life being mildly interesting for money. Less Blues Brothers. More Merv and the Magic Tones.

Anyway, this thread went nowhere, so I'mma close it. I hope it's been good for a laugh.

• Locked thread