Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Dienes posted:

Its over, Butters. I have the high ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Dienes posted:

Its over, Butters. I have the high ground.

:golfclap:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So we finally actually rehomed one of the fosters successfully, after previous attempts fell through. Kind of relieved Princess, the gray girl, has her new home, since she liked jumping from furniture onto the table lamps and nearly knocking them over. Pretty sure my niece is sad, because Princess was her favorite.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
Kittens are forever engaged in an extended game of "The Floor is Hot Lava".

My bf's cat was basically a flying squirrel til he was about 2.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
New rescue is home

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Oh that is a good pupper.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

I ran the numbers on those pics...that's a VERY Good Dog.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Let's not ignore that extremely irked cat :allears:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
What a good tortie loaf!

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Schmeichy posted:

New rescue is home

Seeing rescues so content and comfy in their new homes is.... extremely good, folks.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Tendai posted:

Let's not ignore that extremely irked cat :allears:

Bitches need to learn their place

Also I was trying to train Bogey to go in her crate on command, and the cat was trying to do it instead :argh:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Shelter cat was also trying to get my husband to sign her name instead of Bogey's.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Welp.

My animal portal opened again, but this one isnt easy from the getgo.

its a lil itteh bitteh kitteh

and its loving like 30 feet up a huge rear end tree.

and its getting dark and I aint got a ladder nowhere near as big.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is a total cliche, but could you call the fire department? It might make their day to just have a safe and cute thing to do for like half an hour. Are there any local shelters that might be able to send somebody with the right equipment?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bud K ninja sword posted:

Welp.

My animal portal opened again, but this one isnt easy from the getgo.

its a lil itteh bitteh kitteh

and its loving like 30 feet up a huge rear end tree.

and its getting dark and I aint got a ladder nowhere near as big.

Time to start climbing.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Please don't climb a thirty foot tall tree without proper equipment. :ohdear:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

:f5: Any kitten news?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Kitten is fine, op is stuck in tree

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So all of our fosters have found forever homes now. I'm happy for them, and I heard all the families were enthusiastic about their new darlings (my mom and sister were the ones involved in the handovers), but I'm gonna miss the little buttholes zooming around with no regard for humans coming through, climbing pants legs when we're getting their food ready, having to keep them from destroying curtains/lamps/cords, and my preferred way of "get out of there": a minute or so of aggressive snuggling. It's so quiet without them, and their mom keeps looking for them. I think I should nab some feliway because momma cat seems to have started pulling out fur, too.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

taiyoko posted:

So all of our fosters have found forever homes now. I'm happy for them, and I heard all the families were enthusiastic about their new darlings (my mom and sister were the ones involved in the handovers), but I'm gonna miss the little buttholes zooming around with no regard for humans coming through, climbing pants legs when we're getting their food ready, having to keep them from destroying curtains/lamps/cords, and my preferred way of "get out of there": a minute or so of aggressive snuggling. It's so quiet without them, and their mom keeps looking for them. I think I should nab some feliway because momma cat seems to have started pulling out fur, too.

If that doesn't work maybe give momma some extra scratches and hugs, then some extra play to refocus. She needs to cat again instead of mom.

Kudos to you for helping those kitties find their forever homes and bringing happiness to all involved!

Love this thread

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Booger Presley posted:

If that doesn't work maybe give momma some extra scratches and hugs, then some extra play to refocus. She needs to cat again instead of mom.

Kudos to you for helping those kitties find their forever homes and bringing happiness to all involved!

Love this thread

I need to find a laser to try playing with her with. We've got a da bird or similar type toy, and the kittens loved the gently caress outta it, including dragging the whole thing along when we weren't actively playing with them with it, but momma just kinda looked at it like "what the hell is this thing?" I know she's got some kind of prey drive because she survived until my sister started feeding her.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Sorry I've been away for so long everyone and I even missed a caption contest. Between our Disneyworld honeymoon and coming back sick from the Disneyworld honeymoon, I've had my hands ties.

To make it up to allayouse, may I submit for the foster thread's approval...

Cherokee!

Cherokee comes to us at about 8 weeks old. She was with another foster family before us and she didn't do terribly well with them. Currently she's got a pretty harsh upper respiratory infection. So, until she kicks that, she'll be putting on weight with us. She was glued to my lap at the SPCA when I went to go pick her up, but when we got home she was hissy and skittish.

Until...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yth5i638ng

I like to think that she's showing off for the camera.

Oh, and seconding the :f5: about the kitty up the tree. Update please.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
:ohdear: Does she have a little eye infection too? Poor rumpled kitten. Cherokee's a cute little pea.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

:ohdear: Does she have a little eye infection too? Poor rumpled kitten. Cherokee's a cute little pea.

It's all sorta part of the URI, we've got goop to put in her eyes twice a day. She's definitely ailing at the moment, but she'll be on the mend soon enough.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Chili posted:

It's all sorta part of the URI, we've got goop to put in her eyes twice a day. She's definitely ailing at the moment, but she'll be on the mend soon enough.

Ahh, eye goop! The key to pathetic lookin' cats. I'm sure Team Butterdome will put her to rights very quickly. She's super personable in that video despite obviously not feeling her best.

I hope tree climbin' kitten has a happy ending too. I'm surprised that there's this much December kitten action.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Hi. Sorry about the lack of update. Well didnt feel like climbing 30 feet in the dark regardless of whether or not i had safety climbing gear. We put out some food and kept checking on it while we called around. fire department wouldnt do it unless there was a fire (which i thought about briefly before discarding a felony thought) figured we would call a tree trimming company this morning or something. We put out some food and after wandering around the tree half the night with flashlights the kitten finally hopped the gently caress down giving me a heart attack. Then proceeded to try to attack when the lady tried to grab him. gonna put out some tuna baited live traps later to see if i can get him but this ones bigger and in much more energetic condition than the last one, and a bit more feral than friendly. Just glad its out the tree, kitten howling is the utter worst.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Little bugger has been cuddled up in my arm for the past half hour. Good kitty:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
Teensy eensy kitten meeps. :h:

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
that is a terrific kitten face.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Chili posted:

Good human. :3:

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

Chexoid posted:

Seeing rescues so content and comfy in their new homes is.... extremely good, folks.

why does it have a muzzler/thing across it's snout?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

She's so tiny :kimchi:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Bud K ninja sword posted:

Hi. Sorry about the lack of update. Well didnt feel like climbing 30 feet in the dark regardless of whether or not i had safety climbing gear. We put out some food and kept checking on it while we called around. fire department wouldnt do it unless there was a fire (which i thought about briefly before discarding a felony thought) figured we would call a tree trimming company this morning or something. We put out some food and after wandering around the tree half the night with flashlights the kitten finally hopped the gently caress down giving me a heart attack. Then proceeded to try to attack when the lady tried to grab him. gonna put out some tuna baited live traps later to see if i can get him but this ones bigger and in much more energetic condition than the last one, and a bit more feral than friendly. Just glad its out the tree, kitten howling is the utter worst.

This is good news, good luck catching the little booger.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This thread is seriously making me reconsider my career path and go into vet school.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Chili posted:

She's so little give her to me :cry:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Safari Disco Lion posted:

She's so little give her to me :cry:

She's too little :(

You better get big little kitten.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Kwyndig posted:

She's too little :(

You better get big little kitten.

She has been eating up a storm. She's already eaten as much as much as Butterscotch eats in a day.

The problem is the poopin. She ain't poopin.

Well I got news for you kitty, you got until tomorrow morning to poop or I'm gonna get back there with a warm wash cloth and make ya' poop. :clint:

this is actually a thing and sometimes you need to mess with itty bitty kitties and make them poop

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Those high little kitten mews how can you even stand it :kimchi:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chili posted:

She has been eating up a storm. She's already eaten as much as much as Butterscotch eats in a day.

The vicious cycle of enabling continues once more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

C. Everett Koop posted:

The vicious cycle of enabling continues once more.

:colbert: I'll have you know that kitties should eat as much as they possibly can, especially when they have a URI, Mr. Coop :colbert: