Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

humpthewind posted:

The car disappearing has something to do with the spawn point you got it from changing hands or something iirc. I've had it happen to me.

I've also had the car I'm driving disappear while still driving it. Bonus points if you're driving to G on Sinai when it happens.

That is exactly when I experienced it happen, I was driving from F out there and in the middle of that huge depression I was suddenly on foot.

Limpet Mines are the best, bringing buildings down on the heads of people and taking the floor/roof out from underneath them is so much fun. It takes too many of them to kill a tank imo but it never stops me from trying. I soloed one of those bigger ones that seat six one time, running around dropping ammo packs and throwing limpet mines on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Went 28-10 on St. Quentin Scar with the arty truck. The hype is real. Just sit back on a hill looking down into the village and blow up all the mans.

Got a similar score on Amiens, with the Gewehr 95, just by staying in the line of houses running along train tracks between the two bridges. Incendiary trips on the doors, and shoot all the mans from the windows. Also got my first collatoral kill with a double headshot on one bullet. That was pretty sweet. I can't believe a shooter exists where sometimes, just sometimes, I can be loving awesome.

Oh and on FAO, I came *this close* to destroying a tank with a torpedo, which is my new goal in life. Spunked my fish too early and was reloading when I saw the landship in the ford between B and C. I did get to kill a swimmer with a torp on my next pass, not sure if the fish hit him, or if it hit the bank and the explosion killed him, but whatever I still torpedoed a man to death and life is good. I'm gonna gently caress up a tank with a torp if it is the last thing I do though, I have a dream.

This game is pretty good.

Edit: Ineffiable, you know I love you man, but that experimental for the scout class is hot garbage. I would be better off throwing rocks at people, it does so little damage.

The medic sweeper gun is loving godly though. I tried that briefly, and while I'm not 100% sold on that sights it kills things good.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 13, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barometer posted:

That is exactly when I experienced it happen, I was driving from F out there and in the middle of that huge depression I was suddenly on foot.

Limpet Mines are the best, bringing buildings down on the heads of people and taking the floor/roof out from underneath them is so much fun. It takes too many of them to kill a tank imo but it never stops me from trying. I soloed one of those bigger ones that seat six one time, running around dropping ammo packs and throwing limpet mines on it.

Limpets are awesome because if I see a tank at low health I'll make insane suicide runs to try and nab them. I need that medal!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm starting to dislike the "ask for an order, get made leader"

I'm don't want to be leader every single match. I literally don't have time to stop shooting the enemy and give orders. Thats sounds dumb, because it takes like 2 seconds to give and order, but thats always when the single enemy walks right up to us and wipes my whole squad and takes back the point we just capped. All because I aimed up at the flag to say defend it.

Sadmantongue
Sep 4, 2011

Snak posted:

I'm don't want to be leader every single match. I literally don't have time to stop shooting the enemy and give orders. Thats sounds dumb, because it takes like 2 seconds to give and order, but thats always when the single enemy walks right up to us and wipes my whole squad and takes back the point we just capped. All because I aimed up at the flag to say defend it.

Use the commo rose, much faster. Occasionally bugged though.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
If you're the squad leader and try to spot while you're looking in the direction of a point you'll automatically order your squad to attack that point.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Went 65-5, and 45-5 in back to back games with the Arty Truck today, including a 53 kill streak! I don't know why you'd ever choose another vehicle.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Servers down on PSN?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Sadmantongue posted:

Use the commo rose, much faster. Occasionally bugged though.

I was just venting. But it takes me like 3-4 tries to get the commo rose to work. Not because its bugged, but because I'm just not good at those things.

Attack order are easy. Defense orders are the one that always gently caress me up cause I end up looking almost straight up to spot the flag. God knows everyone's allergic to defense.

But I'm just venting. Gonna try to get a headset soon.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

The trick for issuing orders with the rose is to let go of RB/R1 while continuing to hold the analog stick in place on the objective you've selected. If you let go of the stick at the same time the order doesn't get issued.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Parkingtigers posted:

Went 28-10 on St. Quentin Scar with the arty truck. The hype is real. Just sit back on a hill looking down into the village and blow up all the mans.

Got a similar score on Amiens, with the Gewehr 95, just by staying in the line of houses running along train tracks between the two bridges. Incendiary trips on the doors, and shoot all the mans from the windows. Also got my first collatoral kill with a double headshot on one bullet. That was pretty sweet. I can't believe a shooter exists where sometimes, just sometimes, I can be loving awesome.

Oh and on FAO, I came *this close* to destroying a tank with a torpedo, which is my new goal in life. Spunked my fish too early and was reloading when I saw the landship in the ford between B and C. I did get to kill a swimmer with a torp on my next pass, not sure if the fish hit him, or if it hit the bank and the explosion killed him, but whatever I still torpedoed a man to death and life is good. I'm gonna gently caress up a tank with a torp if it is the last thing I do though, I have a dream.

This game is pretty good.

Edit: Ineffiable, you know I love you man, but that experimental for the scout class is hot garbage. I would be better off throwing rocks at people, it does so little damage.

The medic sweeper gun is loving godly though. I tried that briefly, and while I'm not 100% sold on that sights it kills things good.

Experimental is all about going in close and getting the jump on someone. It fires extremely quick, and apparently it's just gonna get more accurate tomorrow. Combine it with scout flares so you can get in close, and get an idea of where the enemy is. Works really well in urban settings. Like if you play on Sinai, use a regulaer sniper for outside, but if you're going to stay inside the city, experimental is the way to go.

If you snipe using it, you're gonna have a bad time, or use k bullets which you only get 6 bullets of.

played with some goons tonight, was a lot of fun. The highlight was empire's edge where we had almost the entire squad driving either a heavy tank or arty truck. We were coordinated as gently caress then.

My sad storuy of the night is being killed by someone who has 57 medals in the mondragon. Game hasn't been out two months and this dude has 6k kills with one weapon?

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 13, 2016

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

My sad storuy of the night is being killed by someone who has 57 medals in the mondragon. Game hasn't been out two months and this dude has 6k kills with one weapon?

Yeah I'm continually amazed by people who buttonhole their poo poo in this way. Yeah like, I enjoy the 10-A in its current form but christ that'd be so BORING.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Dinosaurs! posted:

The trick for issuing orders with the rose is to let go of RB/R1 while continuing to hold the analog stick in place on the objective you've selected. If you let go of the stick at the same time the order doesn't get issued.

Yeah, I understand gow it's supposed to work, but I basically haven't ever used radial menus in any games, and the muscle memory isn't there. I have the same problem I overwatch. Even when I try real careful, It issues the wrong order or social. Like 75% of my thank yous are go go gos.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Snak posted:

If I'm leader and otherwise engaged, I'll just set some back-cap order like, I'm trying to blow up this loving tank lord but you guys try and take D, because that's where I'm going when I'm finished here. Yeah probably not the best leader, but it's useful to set an objective that doesn't involve throwing yourself into the unending meat grinder at the central point, and maybe take back the objective next to our spawn that was just capped by probably a solo pilot.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Limpets and ammo pouches. POUCHES. You don't have to stick limpets to metal. You can just throw it towards a wall. You can use it to LEVEL houses. Fast.

While you're running around the map you should be tossing your limpet at some destructible thing and then throwing yourself an ammo pouch. You'll be able to limpet again in something like 8 seconds.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Finger Prince posted:

If I'm leader and otherwise engaged, I'll just set some back-cap order like, I'm trying to blow up this loving tank lord but you guys try and take D, because that's where I'm going when I'm finished here. Yeah probably not the best leader, but it's useful to set an objective that doesn't involve throwing yourself into the unending meat grinder at the central point, and maybe take back the objective next to our spawn that was just capped by probably a solo pilot.

Yeah, I'm kind of torn on that. Some of the worst squad leaders I've had were snipers, who would always keep an order up to avoid relinquishing leadership, but would just be camping random places and never playing the objective.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

srsly tho why he yelling like this, i had squad voice muted

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Man, I have not won conquest in as long as I can remember. I was 6th on my team this game, 2 kills, 16 deaths. 6k points. Sixth. On my team.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

srsly tho why he yelling like this, i had squad voice muted

I'm pretty sure that's one of the canned "I'm on fire" screams.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy loving poo poo. Buggest turnaround I've seen. We're winning, 700 to 600, they get their armored train in Sinai Desert. They cap all points and never take one back. Destroy their train pretty quickly even, but never take back a point. At 700 when they get the train, 768 when we lose.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Do AA guns respawn after being destroyed?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yes, but I have no idea how quickly.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Was having a rather lovely evening of Conquest which I usually enjoy. Got all rage-quitty then went for domination.

Realized my choice of assault was stupid because no vehicles, so switched to medic. Amazing times ensued! Nobody revives on Domination. I was tear-assing about with my hypodermic and single shot rifle and was killing it.

Great to have a positive change of pace for play style. 😃

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Ineffiable posted:

Experimental is all about going in close and getting the jump on someone. It fires extremely quick, and apparently it's just gonna get more accurate tomorrow. Combine it with scout flares so you can get in close, and get an idea of where the enemy is. Works really well in urban settings. Like if you play on Sinai, use a regulaer sniper for outside, but if you're going to stay inside the city, experimental is the way to go.

If you snipe using it, you're gonna have a bad time, or use k bullets which you only get 6 bullets of.

I get that, I'd still rather have my bolt action, and when someone is right up in my face swapping over to the Bodeo to cowboy the poo poo out of them. If I wanted to engage at super close range all the time I wouldn't be picking scout.

Gotta say though, I kind of love that there are enough very different guns that we can both love/hate different weapons and everybody gets what they want. Dice did alright.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

omg chael crash posted:

Do AA guns respawn after being destroyed?

They do with the exception of Operations.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Anybody else get a bug where the flamethrowers on the heavy tank won't fire after this patch?

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
I wonder how long we'll have to wait for some winter maps, I really liked that last round of DLC for BF4 with the snow maps.

of course, the best part of winter maps for BF1 would be new soldier skins
who wouldn't want to be an abominable snowman / arctic pimp

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

winter.mute posted:

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for some winter maps, I really liked that last round of DLC for BF4 with the snow maps.

There's something deeply, cynically hilarious about that photo saying "Happy New Year" haha.

Cheers from the trenches! It's fukkin cold here, my life expectancy is measured in hours, and here's to 1918 bringing you and yours less gas, disease and pointless suffering!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

winter.mute posted:

Hello, new facebook cover photo

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
anyone else not having haptic feedback/vibration with the new crossbow?

TOTAL IMMERSION RUINED

Listening to shotgun lords complain about the A10 nerf over the mic is proving to be endlessly hilarious, as well

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is the new map playable now?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

RCarr posted:

Is the new map playable now?

If you pre-ordered the game. Otherwise on the 20th. Patch is today either way.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Playable in the way that yes you can join matches if you have premium. The map seems to be a shut out every match one way or another. With how open every point is it means trying to move around to assults points makes you open to one of the 13 trillion snipers on the opposing team. It's exceptionally sniper friendly. It's like the canal map expect twice as long and half the buildings.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I assume most people who own this game pre-ordered it. At least all my friends and I did. So there should be tons of people playing the map today, yes?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
There's a few full 64 player servers right now. I got the early enlister edition w my bf1 bone so i get to play it too i guess

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Well sorry effable and mellow my wife came home just as we were startin to rock and roll in that tank.

I did kill three mans on my way to idle out, hope it helped. Definitely around more this weekend and next week.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I'm liking the new map. I just quickmatched into Conquest as I always do, put me in a server which was Giant's Shadow 24/7 and played a few rounds from both sides. Fighting in and around the crashed zep is great, very atmospheric and being on a sloping ridgeline it makes an obvious prime objective to contest. If you can take upper and lower flags inside and turtle up, you can absolutely faceroll the opposition who then have to charge uphill over mostly open ground.

Tanks leading the charge in are pretty much essential if that happens, but also had some good times with a squad fighting over the outer flags to try and relieve pressure on the central fight.

The grenade crossbow is... s'aright I guess. Would rather take mortar or limpet still, but it's a thing.

And most important news: the quit button now works, hail hydra.

Edit: Here's 8 kills in 40 seconds with the arty truck.

https://twitter.com/hongkonghermit/status/808991643273601024

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 14, 2016

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

It's no problem poop, we all have real life stuff that comes out. It was hilarious rolling up as your backup and taking out those two guys that were about to pin you down.

I'm still a bit iffy on Giants shadow. I think it'll be all about how you play it. It's not a winner of a map so far.

It feels a bit more balanced when the fog rolls in and anyone can charge the center.

I do agree tank leading charges will be more critical on this map. Call me crazy but were there not as many cars on this map compared to a map like Sinai?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Seems to be plenty of vehicles around, I've been riding in cars loads of times to make a cheeky dash for the outer flags. Had to deal with two enemy heavy tanks pushing the breach into the zep. Dogfighting around the tail of the behemoth spitting out flares. Making mad cavalry charges out towards the swarm of troops racing across an open field.

I'm liking it. Definitely better than Suez, even after the improvements. Probably better than Empire's Edge as you don't have such a disintegration of the main central flags and you keep the cover against air raids. You can get some visually epic moments when a dozen of you have no choice but to go storming across an open field to the next set of cover. I'm thinking I may forgo my usual dart farter plane and run a bomber, make some shellholes for the ground pounders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/zKiVX2J.gifv