Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Half aim+10, Accurate +10, Short range+10, SIngle Shot+10. That's 55-65 depending on range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Hey, one more weapon for me to completely abuse. Thank you, Unnatural Characteristics.

Well, thank you assuming I survive the incoming Bloodletter curbstomping.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Hey, one more weapon for me to completely abuse. Thank you, Unnatural Characteristics.

Well, thank you assuming I survive the incoming Bloodletter curbstomping.

I just made the post. You almost didn't.

Also you should curse the existence of displacer fields.

e: that's not correct, you actually easily survived. My inability to fully read combat blocks almost led to me mistakenly killing you.

Werix fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 19, 2016

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Will post after work, sorry for the delay. Unlike Dash I've had the time to think what to do now that I'm a shooty character in melee with a demon engine.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Well either way I'm going to at least try to update the khorne fight tonight because:

My dad is coming into town for Memorial Day weekend starting tomorrow through next Monday, so I probably won't get to update until next Tuesday at the earliest.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Holiday weekend is done. Probably going to use tonight to catch up on other stuff, expect an update tomorrow evening.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I know that there is enough posts to update tram crew. Game not dead, just been a real busy week at work. We are preparing to have our carpets replaced and other maintenance for the first time in our department since the Tribal Office Building was built, so been spending time moving stuff to my temporary office and in general being exhausted after work.

Post will come early next week. Also gives observatory crew some extra time to post.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I'll have a post soon, sorry been out of town (still am but I think no can hack something together).

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

I'll have a post soon, sorry been out of town (still am but I think no can hack something together).

No hurry. I'm out of town this weekend for a wedding, so I won't even get to a post until next week anyway.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Since everyone is putting their faith in Boli , I'm waiting for goat face, but seems pretty clear that you all are going to try and dock.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Hi, sorry, been swamped with poo poo. Will post shortly.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

goatface posted:

Hi, sorry, been swamped with poo poo. Will post shortly.

Is alright.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Not forgotten. Got a busy day ahead of me, so will post tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest.

FYI, the imperial guy in records saw through Boli's documents. (Rolled in the single digits) Your ship is fast, so you're easily going to get away. That means your third figurehead is "burned" in Imperial space. However, that might not be a bad thing among the shady elements of mankind.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

FYI, Dash got 4 magazines of that (human sized) specialty bolter ammo that's silent, somehow, and is willing to share. Everyone bring out your Accurate pistols :downsgun:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Hey all, between a conference requiring an overnight stay and family coming into town, my posting will be spotty to non-existent Wednesday until next Monday.

Hoped to get a post in today, but didn't happen, sorry. Will update next week, and we can start messing with more sororitas. At least this time you don't have a Thousand Son Sorcerer with a squad of Rubric Marines with their warp bolts, so it might be a challenge.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
You all are first on my list of updates tonight so yay to you. We are going to be going into some combat and I'm going to try a few ways to streamline stuff.

1. Everyone is going to roll initiative, but I'm going to look at the highest on each side. Whichever side gets the highest has their whole side go first, followed by the other. In each side any players can go in any order, and it changes next round. So if you want to go first you may, otherwise I'll probably do posting order.

2. In situations where I have multiple of one enemy type, like say a bunch of sisters, I'm just going to group them up. They won't be a horde, they will each be an individual character with their own actions, but I will treat attacking differently. Instead of going "I attack sister 09" you just indicate you're attacking a sister. I will assume everyone will attack the same sister, applying all damage until that sister dies, and then move the attacks to another one. Status effects will still be tracked separately.

This will kind of go out the window with melee attacks. If you engage a member of a group in melee, I will break them out separately.

Hordes will still be a thing. I will call these "groupings" to make a distinction.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I think I have the best stealth, but I can also fire my bolter at 120m and my multilaser at a range of Yes due to Sharpshooter, so hanging back is an option that I could consider.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, I'm back from out of state, I will be updating later tonight after work. I think I will roll stealth and opposed awareness for every 50 meters the stealth persons have to move, with it a quick pass, fail. I will then indicate when one of you get discovered or make it up to their line. If you get discovered, it will go to combat, and you all did win the roll off so you will get a surprise round AND then go first.

Or if one of you makes it all the way up, then we will go from there.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Will post after work today.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I'm waiting on you and Olanphonia, though if I don't get a post from him soon I'll assume he's just creeping forward under stealth at his full movement rate.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Yeah, sorry for the slowness recently. Being a teaching assistant is taking up more time than I was expecting.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

Yeah, sorry for the slowness recently. Being a teaching assistant is taking up more time than I was expecting.

No problem. I've been there. I was a TA, in law school, for contracts.

The struggle is real.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I am family free as of this morning. I might post tonight, but I'm likely going to be catching up on stuff I missed while family was in town, so expect it likely tomorrow.

Also, Dachshundofdoom's psyniscience test was good enough to reveal there are daemons in the ship, with a strong one on the bridge, so I assume that might impact your decision on where to go.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I'm happy to do the sneaking just that my tech use TN is only 45 before assistance and whatnot.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
:argh: Dachshund!!!!!!! :argh:

This is the first time I have heard of the Arcane symbol rules. Can you point me to book and page so I can look at them?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
BC Core, page 208. In classic FFG fashion, it's wedged awkwardly into the middle of a wall-of-text section and it isn't really related to anything else around it. And now that I look at it again it's actually Profane Symbols, but I don't think me loving up the name is the problem here.

Anyway, I didn't look at people's characteristics, I just glanced through cheese and viva's skills list. Probably better to let viva do the sneaking in that case, even untrained. Pretty sure somebody has a cameleoline cloak he can borrow.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Don't those require a talent to do?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Nope. It was probably intended to be a talent at some point, since it's in the same section that describes Blasphemous Incantation, Corpus Conversion, and Sacrifice rules, but I think even FFG realized that nobody would pay experience to be the party buff monkey in this system, especially not when it takes six rounds to cast one power on someone.

e: Although now that I think about it, it might be decent to turn a Greater Minion into your own personal psychic buff monkey. Phase, Flyer, Daemonic, Psyker and Soul-Bound, then spend most of the talents on PR and one or two powerful buffs. Have it apply them at the start of every day, then float around behind you sulking quietly. It's your own personal hamadrya. Psychic buffs to the same stat don't stack, but there's a lot of secondary buffs that are interesting but not-quite-worth it when you'd be directly sustaining them alongside several other buffs. Host of Fiends and/or Flesh Mould come to mind. And even a non-psyker could definitely use a companion like this, just give it one of the buffs that are always great, like Warptime, Celeritous Sense, Inviolable Flesh, or Flicker.

Aren't psykers fun, Werix? :v:

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Dec 14, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So still waiting to see who dachshund is doing warps fuckers to. If I can't get an update tonight, then I won't get to it until likely next Wednesday what with the holidays.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
-snip-

imdumb

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 23, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
wrong game thread mate. This is Rogue Crusade, not Road to hell.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Apologies, I will redirect my passive-aggressive grumbling to the correct depository.

I think Viva's the best candidate but I dunno, I'll have to check.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I think i'm the best sneaker but mediocre tech user, viva is vice versa, I think.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Sorry, going to try and update tomorrow. I recently decided to do a play with the local player's club, and rehearsals are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights, so expect updates on Fridays until late March.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Will try to post on Wednesday this week.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

derp, updated my post with init.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
just noticed the three of you on the top of the initiative have already posted, so I'll do a post this weekend, then Ronwayne, Viva and the rest of you can post bottom of the turn and top of the next one.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Werix posted:

just noticed the three of you on the top of the initiative have already posted, so I'll do a post this weekend, then Ronwayne, Viva and the rest of you can post bottom of the turn and top of the next one.

This guy here is full of poo poo. I'll try to update Tuesday, but likely Wednesday. This year has been crazy at work. On top of that I've been trying to be less of a shut in recluse this year with things like being involved in the local theater group and really throwing myself out there in the dating world, so my already glacial update schedule has gotten slower.

I've been toying around with the idea of making a Roll20 game for this so that way we can do asynchronous combat in there rather than the traditional "post actions, then wait for update" type of gameplay, but that is still in the early brainstorming stage.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I feel that. Last semester of grad school is a drag for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

I feel that. Last semester of grad school is a drag for me.

Yeah, I didn't even join the forums until after I graduated law school and got a job. Combat has always been a drag, as those of you here from the beginning well know.

It is this catch 22 where as you folks get stronger, I need bigger/more complex threats to throw at you. This in turn makes combat more daunting. Not doing maps every combat helps.

Though roll 20 run asynchronous might help. Integrated dice roller, initiative tracker and logs along with a grid map for ranges could make it easy to resolve.