Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Not really. Pretty doubtful that we'll get 2.6 live by Friday.

I'm certain 2.6 will release soon. Cheer up because even if it doesn't, this just gives you more time to consider picking up something large in the December Sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Looking forward to 2.6 here

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

TheAgent posted:

the guys who run crytek are loving awful, fyi

I've heard some pretty crazy stories from people who interviewed there, including questions about whether the applicant had an SO (ie employees who have anyone waiting for them at home can't be counted on for proper crunch) and coding "tests" that look suspiciously like actual development work. Hearsay, of course, but they certainly don't have the best of reputations.

As for the "delayed" payments - I don't know about German labor regulations, but in Denmark if you accept that as an employee, you're considered to be giving the employer a loan, and forfeit your privileged creditor position in case of bankruptcy (including access to a fund that will cover some of the missed salary almost immediately so you don't have to wait for the legal machine, and get paid even if liquidation doesn't cover it). Basically, you screw yourself over really hard if you don't play hardball when salaries are missed.

I don't think it is necessarily wrong for a struggling company to ask the employees to help out - but if employees are to extend credit when no one else wants to do it, they need to given more than "inconvenience" pay. That can be a very high interest and/or the opportunity to become shareholders of the company.

Responsible management will do layoffs and/or negotiate salary reductions rather than take employees hostage. I think it should be a criminal offense to withhold information about expected inability to make payroll, with outright deception being an aggravating circumstance.

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013
Looking forward to your video of 2.6, Major. Godspeed commando.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

The Wolf Larsen Saga is my favorite thing about Star Citizen right now.

INNtroducing sponser a spaceman

The upvotes are my favorite part.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

What "went down with INN?"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Cheen posted:

Dreams. Dreams went down.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

And the mods took it down. lol

Good work, Wolf.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

:laffo: what a loving amazing community.

Yeah that's a shame, I was really hoping for them to pull it off, to be perfectly honest. It's way funnier when they release something broken and lovely than it is when Crobbers gets up on stage, shrugs, and they turn the lights off.

e: wizard taxxe

No, Kayak, Do NOT EAT the wand! NO! STOP IT! 100 POINTS FROM RAVENCLAW!

(See I pay attention... sometimes...)

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

:laffo: what a loving amazing community.

Yeah that's a shame, I was really hoping for them to pull it off, to be perfectly honest. It's way funnier when they release something broken and lovely than it is when Crobbers gets up on stage, shrugs, and they turn the lights off.

e: wizard taxxe

Oh - we'll get it this year, just not by Friday.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

Looking forward to 2.6 here

12x12 is a lot of fun currently.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

And the mods took it down. lol

Good work, Wolf.

Dolvak is a mod, Wolf has his work cut out for him..

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Wolf Larsen presents....

So now he wants to take "donations" of money so he can give a small percentage to someone (apparently random and not at all himself/pseudonym or someone he knows)?

I'm not a betting person, but I'd wager that he's about to engage in fraud. :)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

shocking

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Cheen posted:

http://imperialnews.network/2016/11/and-were-back/

quote:

Some of you may have noticed there was an attempted Coup d’état at Imperial News Network yesterday. However, we regained control over the website, email addresses, and the Twitch channel and we’re back online. Sadly, we’ve had to let a few people go for obvious reasons.

Sadly, our PATREON ACCOUNT was also compromised. If you support INN on Patreon you should stop, the money is no longer connected to the fund used to pay for our expenses. We are working with Patreon to regain control but it is possible we will need to set up a completely new account.

As you can imagine, INN is looking for a few good men and women to join our ranks. Please contact WolfLarsenSC@gmail.com if you are interested in getting involved. Sadly, I’ve learned the team was ignoring many requests to participate with INN and I feel terrible about this. I will be following up on every one as soon as I can. If you’ve contacted us in the past to submit content please connect with me ASAP. We are definitely looking fo more contributors.

In the meantime, we’ll be changing up the program on our Twitch Stream and this week at the regularly scheduled cast we’ll be sponsoring ‘play with INN’. If you’re interested in getting involved, please let me know!

I’m sure there is going to be some conversation, in the coming weeks as the team at INN is rebuilt. I want everyone to know, I have a lot of love in my heart for Eric and David, and the rest of the old INN team and I know they’re going to do great with whatever they put their minds to next. There’s no need for anyone to ever choose sides…The SC community is big enough and healthy enough for us all to thrive!

See you in the ‘verse!

Wolf Larsen
Founder – Imperial News Network

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'll bet someone an avatar this is nothing.

Again.

I like my av though so if I win you change Derek's av to this:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

I like that Larsen is so butt-hurt about his free labor revolting that he made archered a skull-and-crossbones for their bios.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sabreseven posted:

So now he wants to take "donations"[/url] of money so he can give a small percentage to someone (apparently random and not at all himself/pseudonym or someone he knows)?

I'm not a betting person, but I'd wager that he's about to engage in fraud. :)

It's a good sign that the comments are mostly calling him out for being a piece of poo poo

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5i5y7x/comment/db5ofch

Sure wolf , out of your own pocket from the funds you grifted off citizens already , it's an endless spiraling put of incestuous money making here isn't it ?

Cig pays wolf to promote their game in which he receives free ships , then he gives those ships away and acts like everyone's personal Jesus, then asks for more donations so he can gift more free ships

This guy is worse than Crobbers in that he is actively aware of what he's doing , while Cribblers has been in a cocaine coma for the past 5 years

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 13, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The Wolf Larsen Saga is my favorite thing about Star Citizen right now.

INNtroducing sponser a spaceman

man that's a good and funny read

the collapse of INN and formation of all these half-baked other fansites like relay and whatever atrocity wolf larsen is trying to cram on folks, it's just great

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

shrach posted:

So RSI UK filed their accounts today. There isn't much to see, for reasons that will become immediately apparent, but they confirm the money moves around needlessly. I made a flow chart in MS paint for 2015 of the information so far.

The Star Citizen funding chart apparently showed $36m in 2015 with $3.3m of that coming in January, leaving $33m for February to December. Using an exchange rate of £1 : $1.55 for 2015 would put a total value of ~ £21m for February to December 2015 for the Star Citizen funding chart. That is clearly a material difference to the £15m that was shown in the accounts of Roberts Space Industries International Ltd.

When the UK parent company files their accounts there should be some more information on inter-company relationships.

The money isn't moving around needlessly. They're playing a shell game, not only for tax reasons, but also for liability reasons. Because, you know, it's perfectly normal to have 3 (!) corporate entities in the same country, one of which doesn't do anything, while another is a shell, and yet another is the one with ALL the liabilities.

CIG (UK) - the parent, and which has yet to file their accounts - owns 75% of F42 (UK). It also owns F42 (GER)

CIG (UK) also owns 75% of RSI (UK)

NOTE: F42 (UK) has a secured loan (charge) from NatWest bank.

F42 (UK) filed their accounts Sept 26, 2016 (on time)
RSI (UK) filed their accounts in Dec 12, 2016 (late)
CIG (UK) has yet to file. And it's late as well, because all filings are due by Sept 30th each year.

All the corporate entities associated with the Star Citizen project.

quote:

- Cloud Imperium Games Corp, West Hollywood, CA
- Cloud Imperium Games LLC, West Hollywood, CA
- Cloud Imperium Services, LLC West Hollywood, CA <– The one is interesting. It is found on BBB, but is not in the CA Secretary Of State dB records
- Cloud Imperium Games LLC, Santa Monica, CA
- Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, West Hollywood, CA
- Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, Austin, TX
- Cloud Imperium Games UK Limited, UK
- Foundry 42 Limited, UK
- Foundry 42, Germany
- Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC, West Hollywood, CA
- Gemini 42 Productions LLC, Santa Monica, CA
- Roberts Space Industries Corp, West Hollywood, CA
- Roberts Space Industries International Limited, UK
- Twin Brothers Production Inc, West Hollywood, CA
- Twin Bros, Germany

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

What you didn't cover is what happens if you send either a dick pic OR a dick pic AND a ship to a ship...

(wonders if that makes any more sense than Citizenry, then :shrug:s and :justpost:s.)

You get a free ride, or a really horrible night in the Atlantic.

:wink:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Wolf Larsen presents....

This guy literally has the worst ideas.

I can see how it comes to play from marketing, but a "needy person" is doubtfully not going to have a top of the line PC laying around to actually enjoy the fidelity of Star Citizen. This is like giving somebody who can't afford a car free gas for a year.

Keep going Wolf. Eventually you'll have to actually write something about the game itself. Which I'm sure you play constantly, probably in multiplayer with Chris Roberts himself. 24/7.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

lol

no, no its not moma

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

Best of luck to you and your audience.

All the world's a stage, and you're either part of the joke or part of the punch line.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

D_Smart posted:

The money isn't moving around needlessly. They're playing a shell game

I'm sure they called it "needless" because these complex transactions don't serve any strictly necessary business purpose. There's 4 reasons I can think of to do this poo poo: masking accounting irregularities, evading taxes, shielding assets from liabilities, and artificially inflating liquidity ratios.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Titanic posted:

This guy literally has the worst ideas.

I can see how it comes to play from marketing, but a "needy person" is doubtfully not going to have a top of the line PC laying around to actually enjoy the fidelity of Star Citizen. This is like giving somebody who can't afford a car free gas for a year.

Keep going Wolf. Eventually you'll have to actually write something about the game itself. Which I'm sure you play constantly, probably in multiplayer with Chris Roberts himself. 24/7.

Well he's part of CIG's marketing arm so I'm not surprised his ideas are terrible. I doubt they're his.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The fact that Derek decided to make his own forum because he can't handle the moderation here will never stop being funny.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
brno down all the ship jpgs

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

'CIG's revolutionary new AI antigriefing neural network will render the game completely devoid of players at an unprecedented rate!" :smuggo:

TheAgent posted:

:popeye:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
2.6 is fuckin broke as gently caress lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

You must be getting 60 FPS at that res.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

Serious question. Now that even you have acknowledged 2.6 isn't gonna be live this year. Going below even your most modest expectation. Take a peek at your prior hopes earlier this year. theres a massive disconnect here. Are you disappointed? Is your faith shaken? Im not trying to troll I'm honestly curious.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

:ssj:

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ManofManyAliases posted:

:smug:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

TheAgent posted:

2.6 is fuckin broke as gently caress lol

Hows evocati going? Its been pretty radio silent recently. I think we know theyll put it to PTU hell or high water but will anyone be able to play it?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

The money isn't moving around needlessly. They're playing a shell game, not only for tax reasons, but also for liability reasons. Because, you know, it's perfectly normal to have 3 (!) corporate entities in the same country, one of which doesn't do anything, while another is a shell, and yet another is the one with ALL the liabilities.

CIG (UK) - the parent, and which has yet to file their accounts - owns 75% of F42 (UK). It also owns F42 (GER)

CIG (UK) also owns 75% of RSI (UK)

NOTE: F42 (UK) has a secured loan (charge) from NatWest bank.

F42 (UK) filed their accounts Sept 26, 2016 (on time)
RSI (UK) filed their accounts in Dec 12, 2016 (late)
CIG (UK) has yet to file. And it's late as well, because all filings are due by Sept 30th each year.

All the corporate entities associated with the Star Citizen project.

Smells like a R.I.C.O. case waiting to happen.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/user/starkid057

Even the shills need their own shills now.

The shills are metastasizing at an ever expanding rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

TheLightPurges posted:

Serious question. Now that even you have acknowledged 2.6 isn't gonna be live this year. Going below even your most modest expectation. Take a peek at your prior hopes earlier this year. theres a massive disconnect here. Are you disappointed? Is your faith shaken? Im not trying to troll I'm honestly curious.

i think the ship of being shaken, or anything but utterly defensive about how well cig is doing, has well and truly sailed

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 13, 2016