Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ManofManyAliases posted:

And I'm technically not wrong.

You've got 17 days my napa princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ManofManyAliases posted:

The funny thing is if the 3.0 rumor is true you will be technically wrong because they'll skip 2.6

:smug:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

When 2.6 release slips from this year they will post a road to 2.6 video on the holiday stream where they will try to pitty train you into accepting that waiting till next year is the best thing because think about all those poor overworked people at CIG they deserve good holidays too, while chris goes back to Hawaii to spend christmas and the new year down there in the nice warm weather.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

grimcreaper posted:

Why do you keep faith in Chris Roberts?

I mean, the only good game he has his name on is Freelancer and that had to be salvaged by Microsoft of all lovely companies at the time. And it was good IN SPITE of him. He's a literal Manthumb with no cognizant understanding of how to make a good game. Or a game at all rather.

figurative manthumb, checkmate goonie :smug:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Strawman posted:

figurative manthumb, checkmate goonie :smug:

You should check the dictionary. Literal and figurative are the same thing now. Check mate. I don't know that smiley code, goon.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Sounds to me like Chris cancelled Christmas so the overworked staff can scramble to get 2.6 Live.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I totally think they'll ship 2.6 this year to the PTU at least. I mean why not, the idiots still giving them money in 2016 will celebrate anything that looks like progress and it's a good excuse for a sale.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

I totally think they'll ship 2.6 this year to the PTU at least. I mean why not, the idiots still giving them money in 2016 will celebrate anything that looks like progress and it's a good excuse for a sale.
wouldnt surprise me at all

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
It is beyond hosed up crobbers is going to keep people from seeing family on christmas because he is inept and can't push patches.

ManofManyAliases posted:

So which is it, because you started with "I never said that," to finish with "Technically I'm not wrong" after being quoted showing you said 2.6 is coming this year, Man of Many Answers?

Also, remember when 3.0 was the precedent for the end of the year, and here we are, with a huge content inclusion of get this guys: A pirate station, a couple of ships, and (maybe) an fps shooter. For a company of almost 400, holy gently caress, how do you not look at this and just be embarrassed?

fuckin lol

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

beautiful work, commando! Extra tuna for u

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
pgabz u horde or alliance and why you playing wow don't play wow (I play wow)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
wow is a bad game that I can't stop playing v badly

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

I can pretty much confirm this to be the case.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

nawledgelambo posted:

It is beyond hosed up crobbers is going to keep people from seeing family on christmas because he is inept and can't push patches.

So which is it, because you started with "I never said that," to finish with "Technically I'm not wrong" after being quoted showing you said 2.6 is coming this year, Man of Many Answers?

Also, remember when 3.0 was the precedent for the end of the year, and here we are, with a huge content inclusion of get this guys: A pirate station, a couple of ships, and (maybe) an fps shooter. For a company of almost 400, holy gently caress, how do you not look at this and just be embarrassed?

fuckin lol

Please read what I wrote:

ManofManyAliases posted:

Not really. Pretty doubtful that we'll get 2.6 live by Friday.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Oh - we'll get it this year, just not by Friday.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

pgabz u horde or alliance and why you playing wow don't play wow (I play wow)

I play it about twice a month with a pal of mine who moved away a while ago, so we load up skype, load up wow and have a good catch up while being terrible at wow

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
2.6 won't come out this year and if it does I will eat my own arse

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I'm sure they called it "needless" because these complex transactions don't serve any strictly necessary business purpose. There's 4 reasons I can think of to do this poo poo: masking accounting irregularities, evading taxes, shielding assets from liabilities, and artificially inflating liquidity ratios.

Funny, I said similar in my recent scoop post

http://dereksmart.com/forums/topic/sc-scoop/#post-5064

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Im alliance on stormrage. I started playing last year I have no loving clue why.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

both you and moma will be correct because it won't hit the PU this year but will brokenly be released to great fanfare on the PTU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

'CIG's revolutionary new AI antigriefing neural network will render the game completely devoid of players at an unprecedented rate!" :smuggo:

Oh! Oh! Can I name this system that will ultimately bleed every player away?

"CIG development"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Reminder nearly half a year ago CIG was going on about how they might even get 2.6 ready for gamescom because according to them 2.5 was going to have a quick turnover on their testing. Not only did that never pan out, it looks like theyw ont even get 2.6 out on live this year.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Sounds to me like Chris cancelled Christmas so the overworked staff can scramble to get 2.6 Live.

And what happened, then? Well, in Santa Monica they say – that the Crobert's wallet grew three sizes that day. And then – the true meaning of Star Citizen came through, and the Croberts found the strength of ten companies, plus two!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
*looks at wow achievement list*

*looks at giant gut in mirror*

nods slowly

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

both you and moma will be correct because it won't hit the PU this year but will brokenly be released to great fanfare on the PTU

PTU doesn't count 'released' means released or I will not be eating my own arse

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

You must be getting 60 FPS at that res.

:lol:

It takes a supercomputer to run it on a TI-85 screen.

But dammit, you have 60 fps (when looking into empty space)!!!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I will very shortly post my biggest gaming shame, brb

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

peter gabriel posted:

This should be in Toxx form.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

PTU doesn't count 'released' means released or I will not be eating my own arse
oh well I guess we all lose then qt

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

I will very shortly post my biggest gaming shame, brb
hellgate london lifetime sub

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

I bought BC3000AD on release. :smug:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

Worse I think...

Is anyone worse than me at Deus Ex? I think not

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

I can pretty much confirm this to be the case.

take a toxx wussbag

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
A follow up question, how do you play Deus Ex?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

Worse I think...

Is anyone worse than me at Deus Ex? I think not

Pro gamer right here

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well he's part of CIG's marketing arm so I'm not surprised his ideas are terrible. I doubt they're his.

Isn't he a lifelong marketing guru and online social media wrangler? I bet they're his idea. He's pulling the "us us us" card that seems to work so well with CIG and other cults. Of course pandering to the community to do the work for him is great too. It worked once!

CIG is like a magnet that attracts the worst kind of everything. It's the Stimpire of multinational corporations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If 2.6 gets a full release this year I will cut up my infinite adjust belt and post pictures of the cut up pieces.
Over to you MoMA

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

MeLKoR posted:

I bought BC3000AD on release. :smug:

no mans sky :smith:

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
What prevents them from just releasing 2.6 to live as is? It's pre-pre alpha anyway. SM is it's own module ready for pre alpha alpha testing which is all those testers are there to do anyway. PU not really as affected worse than it already is. It's not like it's being released to a live game with a hostile audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

If 2.6 gets a full release this year I will cut up my infinite adjust belt and post pictures of the cut up pieces.
Over to you MoMA

I would feel too much grief. A good belt should be treated nicely.