Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ahahahaaha Ishtar hauls you 100m into the air so you can do a lucha libre finishing move on Quetzcotal, and it's so awesome she falls in love with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Babylon is the greatest thing to happen to Fate

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
There are so many lancer enemy in this chapter that I can see why they pushes high star Saber servant so hard on gacha, but they don't have to dump all the high stars lancer servant all in one chapter!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Ahahahaaha Ishtar hauls you 100m into the air so you can do a lucha libre finishing move on Quetzcotal, and it's so awesome she falls in love with you

It's actually 200 meters!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
To be fair he wasn't planning on doing it from that high up. :v:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I got enough gems from doing story quests (I'm trying to catch up to Babylon while the event is still going - I'm up to early in Camelot now) for a 10-roll and got Enkidu in it! He seems...kinda okay I guess? A ton of HP and this ridiculous heal (10k at max skill level), but 3 quick cards mean he's kinda eh in terms of direct damage and it would be hard to charge his NP (which is pretty good, though not quite as good as Scathach's) more than once in a battle (though I have Waver who might help with that). I'm assuming that it's still worth using him over Lancer Jeanne Alter or Medusa Lily (who I have at NP level 4) just for the increased stats, and I think he might have some good synergy with Gilgamesh (due to the star generation).

edit: Hm, after looking through all my other servants it seems like Saber Lancelot might have some neat synergy with Enkidu, due to his crit damage and star skills. My Arturia is almost fully leveled, so I might level him with my Saber XP cards next.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 12, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

He is as good as a lancer with three dodge at that level of hp and hp recovery. His buff is really strong though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

His buff is strong, but it's a little weird how it only has a 50% chance of buffing quick cards, given his deck mostly consists of them. I guess the default Buster boost is intended for use with his NP. Speaking of his NP, I can now do a 3x Enuma Elish combo with another Gil or Enkidu as support!

I guess his crit chance reduction could also be viewed as an indirect heal of sorts (against enemies that crit frequently), since removing just one or two crits from a strong enough enemy is equivalent to a strong heal. The fact that it lasts 3 turns and is used against all enemies is pretty nice.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It would take a lot of crit to kill him and that's not happening much with him around.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Enkidu is just okay, yeah.

There's actually a ton of people really angry about how he's not ridiculously busted.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is Enkidu generally better (ignoring stuff like the enemy's class, etc) than Arturia? I'm trying to figure out if I should sub him in for one of my other 5 star characters during fights where the enemy's weakness isn't as relevant. I'm pretty sure Gil, Waver, and Jeanne are better, but I'm iffy on Arturia and Vlad.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You are overthinking things. Enkidu isn't broken overpowered or anything, but he's still a 5* so he'll do well enough against just about anything but a team of Sabers.

Use him over the other two if you like him more.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BlitzBlast posted:

You are overthinking things. Enkidu isn't broken overpowered or anything, but he's still a 5* so he'll do well enough against just about anything but a team of Sabers.

Use him over the other two if you like him more.

Yeah, I know it'll be fine regardless, but I still have to figure out who to throw stat upgrade cards at next, since I'm almost done fully upgrading Gil, Waver, and Jeanne. I think I'll go with Enkidu just because I like the idea of having him and Gil on the same team.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Waifus and broes I want but will never get:

- Francis Drake (top of the list, the rest ain't in order, but she's number one)
- Cleopatra, lord of the Dance
- Ozymandio
- Uncle Vlad
- Both Ryougis
- Scathach
- Mordred
- Arjuna
- Tesla
- Edison
- Da Vinci-Chan
- Jetcelot

I don't care that a lot of them aren't that great, I want them all.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Actually they'll probably rerun the KnK event eventually, and you can get assassin Shiki then.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I fell into a pit of type moon wiki earlier this evening.

Final thoughts: Zelretch is a pretty cool dude.

EDIT: also I don't know why this cracks me up every time I reread the Tsukihime manga scans, but it does

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Dec 13, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is that for real

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Captain Baal posted:

Is that for real

I remember there not being a dedicated translator for the Tsukihime manga for a while, so you just kinda took what you could find at the time.

poo poo was dope, in the worst way.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This second Gawain fight in Camelot is kinda a pain in the rear end. Had to use my 3 command seals to revive against him, though I think I'll end up winning. I read there's also another later fight against him where he resist Archers!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

This second Gawain fight in Camelot is kinda a pain in the rear end. Had to use my 3 command seals to revive against him, though I think I'll end up winning. I read there's also another later fight against him where he resist Archers!

Last time is actually the easiest since his defence is the lowest.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bholder posted:

Last time is actually the easiest since his defence is the lowest.

I think part of the problem is that I went into the fight without many skills that could defend against (or decrease the frequency of) his NP (which was strong enough to remove almost half the HP of a level 90 Archer servant). I think Jeanne's NP was pretty much all I had.

Speaking of Jeanne, she became very useful once I finally got her to max level. It's especially nice when she's your last servant, because she can use her NP every 3 or 4 turns and survive a really long time.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
So the next boosted-rate Servants are Gorgon Medusa and Quetzalcoatl. http://news.fate-go.jp/2016/c3tgrg/

I can just throw one 10-pull in, I have self control.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I just want Taiga

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Do we know anything about what direction the game will go in once the story is complete? Isn't there one more story update after Babylon? It would be nice if there were some more story added later instead of just never-ending random events and servant additions.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They're gonna keep doing stuff after the current story arc is over, according to interviews.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
IIRC they've already said that they plan to continue the story after beating Solomon.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Nasu said he wants something like FHA after the main story is finished but some of the events already make it feel like FHA

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
What happens when you make an FHA of FHA?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Do we know anything about what direction the game will go in once the story is complete?

It has been very heavily hinted that Solomon isn't the real enemy. There's almost certainly going to be an entire second year.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm happy to hear that! I was kinda bummed at the idea that I had come back after not playing for over a year only for there to be just one order left.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I doubt they would end their most profitable game in the entire history of the franchise.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
They can't end the game until they do a Tsukihime crossover so i can fail to get Ciel

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

They can't end the game until they do a Tsukihime crossover so i can fail to get Ciel

That seems unlikely. Unless you already burned all your FP chasing Angra Mainyu, NP5ing a bronze character is pretty easy.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress you Ereshkigal your gimmick fight is annoying as hell :mad:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My god, Mashu and Merlin in the same team pretty much makes your team unkillable.

AfroSquirrel posted:

That seems unlikely. Unless you already burned all your FP chasing Angra Mainyu, NP5ing a bronze character is pretty easy.

I confirm. :(

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Just for fun, I decided to compare my summaries of Septem and Babylon's penultimate chapters.

Babylon is literally twice as long.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Last chapter start at the end of the month. Servant with high bond matters.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Last chapter start at the end of the month. Servant with high bond matters.

Hmmmmm. I wonder what constitues "high bond" I have't been farming for any single Servant's CE, instead just swapping whichever gold servant was the closest to the next level into the back row, while adjusting the frontline to the mission.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Current theory: it's a raid event with stronger buff depends on the bond level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You know what might be a neat mechanic? Servants that can use different NPs depending on their NP overcharge level.