Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

if you wanted to play cod like quake and you skipped bo3...

im sorry

Actually, the maps in BLOPS 3 are too open for the bullshit hipfire style of Quake. IW is actually better for this type of play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

Actually, the maps in BLOPS 3 are too open for the bullshit hipfire style of Quake.

weird thing to say when the best gun in the game is a brecci only ever used hipfire

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stux posted:

weird thing to say when the best gun in the game is a brecci only ever used hipfire

That's because people only voted for that one loving map where brecci was king

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Stux posted:

It has twice the range of any every shotgun in IW.

Also, I was referring more to hipfiring SMGs and ARs, anyway.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 13, 2016

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's because people only voted for that one loving map where brecci was king

actually combine was much more popular than breach

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
gently caress Terminal entirely why does this map exist

It's like designed for eagle eyed motherfuckers where you can be shot from like 8 different spots before you can bead on anyone.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

That's every map in IW

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
In most maps there's only one or two spots in the map that has a convergence of 4+ points to a murder hub. you stay out of the murderhub in other maps you're usually okay! Terminal is just one gigantic murderhub, except teams love to congregate into that one tiny hallway along the gift shop that inexplicably links to the whole loving map.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

* Except for the 1-3 shitheads that can't help but camp the plane every single life. (The one by the tail is always, always- a sniper)

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
terminal is actually great (minus the shuttle)

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i bet you hated carrier, too :colbert:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I had half the enemy team switching to shotguns last night, constantly.

Like switching to garbo guns would somehow make me angry because I'm dumping on lovely players by being a jetpacking and/or sliding superhero? :psyduck:

I also got invited to some MLG pubstomping clan, you better hurry back Javes, or you may lose your spot on the roster.

Using Propulsion for a full night on Howitzer/Shotgun was a bad, bad idea, I felt crippled when I switched to other loadouts, that ability is so hilariously strong if you can jump and wallrun all match long. I think this might be the one time I actually agree with their nerfing something for CWL games, it really is that strong.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

terminal is actually great (minus the shuttle)

I never said it wasn't.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
that was aimed at all terminal dissidents

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

:siren: Patch out :siren:

Guessing Genesis/Grounded are back in rotation. I'm now oddly sad I prestiged again before golding the stupid howitzer, Genesis with Howitzer/Shotgun is a recipe for pubby rage.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/808743363545591808

hahahahaha

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Agreed, MWR :laugh:

e: UAV is 500 points now.

No why?! One reason I liked this game more than BO3 was cheaper kill streaks. I admit it I'm a terrible player and I'm lucky if I get over 1 kd's in game so having a uav be a 5 kill streak is near impossible for me to get. Not to mention everyone runs ghost so if I'm lucky I'll see a total of 2 or 3 people on my minimap and then immediately get killed.

e: e:

The hcxd in bo3 was so much easier to earn, and it was better in every way. The scarab is slow, huge, and so freakin loud. I'm barely ever killed by one, I always shoot them before they get to me.

Third world CoD problems

victrix fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 13, 2016

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

UAV is 500? Goddamnit.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I loving told ya'll they're out to gently caress average players.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i was just going to make a post about how the existence of hcxd/scarab seems tailored for average players to break scorestreak runs but w/e you and i will never see eye to eye on this issue

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

gently caress average players.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Cosmetic only? That's weird, I'm sure I heard that before about loot boxes...

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

500 point UAVs again? LMAO.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Figures.

Whatever, just please give us China COD already. For the love of god, let me spend $20 on Captain Price wearing a school girl outfit.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It would be nice to have female characters back instead of a voice swap button.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

So there's no guns in the supply drops in MWR... yet.

But I know better than that. I'm going to save my credits until the guns get added. I just know it will happen, it happened in the last 3 COD games.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mill Village posted:

500 point UAVs again? LMAO.

Time to never get off of Persistence if I want Scorestreaks. loving loud-rear end small group of people with their Scufs.

Wazzit posted:

Whatever, just please give us China COD already. For the love of god, let me spend $20 on Captain Price wearing a school girl outfit.

But that's what we want. And apparently ATVI ain't keen on giving us what we want. :v:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Carecat posted:

It would be nice to have female characters back instead of a voice swap button.

we have robots now. cod is post-gender

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Are shotguns good yet?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
the answer to that question is the same as the answer to the following; 'are you playing frontier?'

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I bet the justification is "but it's still 4 kills for a UAV if you use Hardline in TDM, the most popular game mode!" Also it's now 7 kills for a UAV in Dom.

And the real injustice will be when a usable shotgun is added to MWR via supply drops only.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

500 points for a UAV was reasonable in BO3 because there were things that actually gave a decent amount of points in that game. I think the most you can get for a single action in this game is 150.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
ahahahah 13 gig update for MWR ahahahahahahahahaha

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

ahahahah 13 gig update for MWR ahahahahahahahahaha
What the poo poo, that's like 3.5x the whole game

Anyone playing shootymans tonight? Gonna try the new Hitman xmas content but then I'd be up for some IW.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I'm updating my system now and will be installing the 1.06 patch but it's downloading Slow As Heck so i'll be on in a half hour or more

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

My MWR update was only 9 GB.

I seem to be getting about 1.5 depot credits per match which is worse than cryptokeys in Blops 3. Their microtransaction greed is already showing. Like I said, I am just going to save all my credits until the guns are added, because there will be guns.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
My MWR update is 27.22 GB on Xbox One. What the hell.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
my 1.8 gig IW update is going painfully slow. seems like its going to be more like a hour and a half

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

My MWR update is 27.22 GB on Xbox One. What the hell.

So was mine. And then the servers were down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

my 1.8 gig IW update is going painfully slow. seems like its going to be more like a hour and a half

nvrmind, in now, lets play

• Locked thread